Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28

Author Topic: FRSC TBS 2(Turn 22 Live, and WHY DID YOU PISS IT OFF?!)  (Read 36794 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: FRSC TBS 2(Turn 21 Live)
« Reply #345 on: September 05, 2011, 01:48:56 pm »

I'll give you four levels of tech for your three levels of tech that I want (Terraform 1/2 and Space-Yard 1).  In your favor!

Ok then in return you owe me Shields 1, Prolonged Construction 6, and Improved Mining 6 Deal?

Deal.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 05, 2011, 01:52:06 pm »

Shadow:  How exactly do additional levels of terraforming work?

Turn PMed, hope you like the Tech Toaster.

I'll find a use for it, whichever it is.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 05, 2011, 02:21:43 pm »

Turn Pmed

*sigh* Well lets see how this goes.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 05, 2011, 04:27:59 pm »

Shadow:  How exactly do additional levels of terraforming work?
Each level stacks the bonus. So Terra-Level 3 gives 1500 at tech level 1.

Do note, that in order to reap the benefits of a terraformed planet, the controlling player MUST have Terraforming.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 05, 2011, 04:40:34 pm »

Oh ya also Shadow I want to terrform my planet another level.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 05, 2011, 07:12:55 pm »

Noted.

Turn PMed.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 06, 2011, 12:00:48 pm »

Technology has had three additional new advances. And two critical successes by DFnewb and Exkirby.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Firstly...
- Hails to the unidentified ship asking permission to colonize go unanswered. All over Toaster's empire additional parts are constructed. More ships are sent to PX-7.
- Exkirby however sends HIS ships into PX-7 which starts the following conflict. He also builds a couple 'Rooks'.

Spoiler: PX-7 (click to show/hide)

But besides the thorough ass-kicking...
- More SMMs appear on the other two worlds.
- Continued terra-forming and additional parts.
- A new Rapier is produced on Renos, with the old one moving to it. Rucession also gets a fresh starbase.
- Taricus moves his colonizer to PX-6, and either forgot to colonize or has other plans...

Spoiler: Empire Data (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Techs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Empire Techs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alliances & Pacts (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: FRSC TBS 2(Turn 22 Live, and WHY DID YOU PISS IT OFF?!)
« Reply #352 on: September 06, 2011, 12:22:26 pm »

Seriously, ExKirby?  Seriously?

Taricus:  Thanks!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 06, 2011, 12:28:15 pm »

Huzzah, yet more cripplingly expensive technology that will take many turns of research to be useful.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 06, 2011, 12:32:28 pm »

Huh, looks like those Unknown vessels have LASERs only...

Also, Turn PMed.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 06, 2011, 12:53:36 pm »

Their offense does appear to be underwhelming.  I'll have to beat a hasty retreat for now- those Barrages aren't built for staying power.

I'm curious how they managed 12 damage versus every ship, including the ones that had engines.

Terenos:  I had asked Shadow about that power-level of tech early on.  He said that most of the elite-powered techs would require significant research to be useful.  That and BLACK HOLES seem to bear that out.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 06, 2011, 01:01:32 pm »

Terenos:  I had asked Shadow about that power-level of tech early on.  He said that most of the elite-powered techs would require significant research to be useful.  That and BLACK HOLES seem to bear that out.
Speaking of black holes, that was one of the first techs Exkirby suggested to me, so I created it very early on and stashed it after he didn't come back to it. I've been debating to myself whether it is actually balanced well or not.
 Another tech I've debated is Planetary Batteries, it is pretty low powered from what I'm observing now.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 06, 2011, 01:03:10 pm »

Well. Yknow what? Screw it.

Why:
He's outplayed us all. Without the assistance of every other player, Toaster can easily outproduce us. He is capable of building 3x the stuff we are, with the same resources. Oh and he's been granted yet more economic power by Adwarf.

Toaster currently makes (4k per planet, 4 planets) 16,000 resources a turn. As Prolonged Construction lets him build at 1/3rd the cost, he is able to build 48,000 worth of spaceship parts. He has the technology on hand to easily push himself to 20,000 resources a turn (60,000 production power), and will likely be pushing his production capacity yet further with Spaceyards (Which also make things cheaper!)

Taricus and I clearly cannot trust each other to pull our ships away from our border. Adwarf obviously does not recognize a threat when it presents itself. Thusly the only thing prolonging this game is the hope that somehow, we can still win. I've crunched the numbers, and have a feel for the world. We cannot. Ergo:
Good game Toaster. Well played.

Because I am -forced- to continue. Turn somewhere else.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:21:52 pm by Terenos »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 06, 2011, 01:07:02 pm »

Hmm... You guys really want to call this the endgame then?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 06, 2011, 01:07:13 pm »

Oh come on- that's no fun!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28