Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185122 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Spring 315a)
« Reply #2655 on: August 26, 2011, 03:50:59 pm »

Quote from: evilcherry
Buy Grain from Vasir, using guild credit. Sail southwest to Groaning.

[4] You manage to purchase a load of Grain at the market for the local price of 1d (5d now in debt). The merchants are a little tight pocketed and wouldn't bend to any lower with haggling. You curse them for this and head to sea [5] arriving in Groaning ahead of schedule (+1 to sales roll should you choose to sell here).

EDIT: Bad math on my part (fixed now)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:37:04 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: August 26, 2011, 04:13:06 pm »

Drua gets astride her horse and rides! The trip was a little bumpy at first, but she got the hang of travelling by horse much quicker than expected. She sets off to Groaning to find a master jeweller or alchemist who used the techniques of plating so she could include them in the encyclopaedia. Her notebooks set and ready, the long task of compiling the omnibus of herbal and alchemical knowledge begins.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: August 26, 2011, 04:30:14 pm »

"Bring her about, and drop the anchor !! Do not attack them let them come aboard, but any signs of hostility we attack." hollered Renard as he pulled the wheel far to the side, and waited for the men to come aboard.

Find out who is flagging me down, and why.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: August 26, 2011, 06:59:31 pm »

x.x.315a, Vasir

We found the warehouses of the city flowing with grain. We went to the guild bank and borrowed some local currency - they are selling for cheap, and we are not going to break up golden ducats. Turned out they add up to exactly one ducat - not too cheap, but not expensive either. I also borrowed a few ducats, since we could be out of guild territory at any time. Those backward Elberthians, that is beyond the Storm Coasts, is said not to process an international banking and clearing system.

Our work got delayed for a few days. Mainly for sorting out our credit line with the guild. They say we have to pay them back before the end of the year. Odd accounting practices, it seems, but we have no choice. This means we have to make more than four ducats this year to live another year without any trading guild on our tail. Furthermore, we might need another half-day to haul all the goods onto the boat.

x.x.315a, Sea

I ordered my men to get out of harbour. Everyone was certainly overjoyed - everyone was just sick of staying in port, like the stagnating water in it. A few men even feel better once our boat get into open sea.

The Bright one has made us a great gift - the Sun, for sailors. While we stay close to the shoreline most of the time, we still use it for navigation, and to find our direction. At least, rough ideas like East or West.

x.x.315a, Groaning

After a week's travel we have arrived in Groaning. Our men are exhausted but happy - the weather is fine, the Bright one is upon us, and the wind is favourable. We moored at the town's harbours, and immediately set out to find out more about the place. I've been here a couple of years ago, but my memory is failed me. This is why I'm keeping a journal like this.

Explore the town of Groaning.
((i.e. Wait for the word of god of what is exactly happening in town.))

Spoiler: Hanja (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 01:26:35 am by evilcherry »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: August 26, 2011, 09:21:05 pm »

Castle Sheepstead's Courtyard, Early Spring...

"I and my household fare well," Erik replied, biting back any additional words before he said something that he might regret. The King paused a moment, clasping his hands behind his back and studying the Storm Coast nobleman before him, trying to understand what could have made him leave the safety of Castle Miring. Did they fear Elbreth's weakened military might so badly that they now wished to parley for peace, using falsified heroics as a foundation for their bargaining?

A grim smile played across the King's lips and his cerulean eyes flashed in the moonlight. "I have...heard word of Sir Taric's actions, and rest assured that I do not condone them. I suspect you wish to discuss his punishment, and we shall do so," he began, mulling over Aulon's choice of wording, "But first tell me, what proof have you of Lord Terenos' actions? And of these pirates and bandits who have enough strength to pose a risk to my Kingdom?"

The West Wing of Sheepstead's Palace, That Same Night...

The soldier stood unaffected by the Minister's anger, face inexpressive in a surprising show of Discipline. "Lord Aulon yl Marchis has arrived, Minister. The King is currently meeting with him in the throne room, though his men have been sent to the barracks." He paused for second to leave, and then added thoughtfully, "This isn't by the King's orders. Commander Leif thought the Ministry of Internal Affairs might want to know, can't imagine why...might have something to do with that business in Miring we've been hearing about. I was just told to stop by and tell you on my way to wake up the Eyes and tell them we're on high alert shifts for the night."
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: August 26, 2011, 09:37:15 pm »

Kain slammed the door. A quiet whispered conversation turns into a woman yelling  something in Northlandish and the sound of breaking glass can be heard from behind the door.
Kain emerges a little bit later with an axe strapped to his back and his sword at his hip, but he isn't wearing any armor, just a simple tight but sleeveless black tunic and black canvas pants.
"This better be good." Kain simply states before heading to the King's throne room.
He arrives swiftly and once therein he bows to the King and leans against a pillar, behind the King, but in range to protect him if fighting broke out. Eyeing Aulon for any hostile moves with a small frown.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:40:51 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: August 27, 2011, 12:55:42 am »

"Then my good sir I will be on my way. If I may have my blade? I shall travel to storm coast and find work elsewhere.
Disquise self as peasnt and return to McJohnstons land and gather my ducat. Then flee to the storm coast
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: August 27, 2011, 01:17:48 pm »

'Ahh... pirate ships raided Miring's ports and fought besides Lord Terenos' fleet - most of which the scouts reported as Prestoner ships, but they must've been disguised.' Aulon said, nodding grimly.

'I agree that no mere mob of bandits could threaten your rule. They are just one of his tools. We must be vigilant - his true weapon has yet to be revealed.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: August 27, 2011, 01:31:19 pm »

Castle Sheepstead's Courtyard, Early Spring...

"I see," Erik replied calmly, his words slow as he continued to study Aulon in the darkness, "Then you've no definite proof of Lord Terenos' actions?" He paused a moment more, gazing past the nobleman and up to the window above the doorway, "I am afraid we cannot act against him, then. The law would not allow for it."

His eyes flicked back to meet Aulon's as he continued on, casually ignoring Minister Kain's arrival. "I suppose that you've plans in mind for Sir Taric already? Tell me, what might those be? Who may we thank for his capture?"

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: August 27, 2011, 01:48:28 pm »

Sheepstead, Mid-Spring...

(Ludwig 5-1) You go to meet the merchant's brother, a "refugee" from Preston by the name of Louise who has set himself up in a fairly posh apartment in the Inner Ring. You've no real skill in the art of haggling, at least not compared to him, but, luckily, he's already grown bored of his new pets. After some talking, you're able to bring the price down to three ducats a snake. (2) However, upon hearing your implication of skill, a greedy glimmer appears in his eyes. He offers all of his three snakes to you in exchange for a simple task, he assures you that it would be very minor for one such as yourself. (2) Sadly, he refuses to let you see the snakes until the purchase is made.

The Weyland Highlands, Mid-Spring...

(Sir Jormund 5-1) The McKinley's do not seem to be pleased by your unwillingness to disarm yourselves, but they're willing to parley with you out here anyways. (6+1) The apparent leader of the McKinleys, a gaunt man with a shock of red hair and runny eyes, steps forward to respond to your proposal. "We had hoped you and yours would see the light and surrender before worse happens. Dark things stir, and the Highlands cannot be divided. Lay down your arms, Knight, my father will see you."

(Sir Joseph 1) You attempt to leave, but the guards don't let you. The red-haired man strokes his beard, face grim as he looks you over. "I'm afraid we cannot allow you to leave, Sir," he replies, a hint of clearly-feigned remorse in his voice, "Not after seeing our defenses. What promise do we have that you have not been acting as a spy for the Manskinners?"

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: August 27, 2011, 01:53:25 pm »

Ludwig liked the apartment, it was very posh indeed. Right now they were sitting at his library room where the walls were covered in books and there was a grand piano with complexly engraved legs. The man himself was chubby, not fat, but chubby. He used expensive creams to stay handsome and wore expensive clothes.
The man asked him to perform a task, Ludwig hoped that the task wouln't be something stupid and that the man had enough common sense not to betray him. You should never betray an assassin till you are fully sure that he can't kill you.Taking a sip from his glass Ludwig asks the man of the task he would like him to perform.

Ask what the task is.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 02:09:34 pm by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: August 27, 2011, 01:54:51 pm »

Aulon hid his frustration. The King was hearing what he wanted to hear. It reminded him of a Consul of Groaning that he'd been taken along to visit on a diplomatic mission - so adamant in his belief of Nazaam's loyalty he'd threatened to throw them to the dungeons for their message. He couldn't remember anymore how that had ended for the Consul. Most likely badly. Such was the way of things on the Coast.

'No - it is your right to punish rebellious lords. I will make sure whatever you decide on is carried out swiftly and with the utmost care.' Aulon said instead. There was something in the King's tone that made him avoid answering the last question.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: August 27, 2011, 02:04:40 pm »

Jormund is surprised by the willingness of the McKinleys to meet with him, he expected things to be much more complicated. Still he was willing to meet with him. He willingly put down his weapon but requested that his men would be allowed to return back to Manskinner's land and report what had been said so far.

Agree to the McKinley's request and give up his weapon to gain audience with the McKinley leader, but request that the majority of his men be allowed to return to Manskinner and report what had been said.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: August 27, 2011, 05:59:00 pm »

Castle Sheepstead's Throne Room, Early Spring...

Erik's eyes narrowed, and he gave a short nod. Aulon was agreeable, careful in his wording so as to ensure that his master's actions were not misconstrued. An intelligent diplomat, all in all. It nearly pained the King to do what he was about to do, this man could have been useful. Clearing his throat, Erik replied "Very good. Now, I suppose the real reason you've come is to discuss your...erhm...friend Trubaldsome, no?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: August 28, 2011, 06:14:58 am »

Hans left the inn in the early hours of the morning. He already paid for the horse a day before so that they are ready for the morning for his journey to the capital.
He didn't bother waiting for the letter form the Grandmaster, assuming that the things will go their own, intended course. After all, granting of monopolies on such a wide scale could make or break a kingdom, especially in the current situation.
Regardless of the situation in Preston, Hans had to speak to King Erik. Unless he was paying heed to some lunatic courtiers who were after their own gain, Hans' paln might take off.

Journey to Sheepstead

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 188