Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185460 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Spring 315a)
« Reply #2520 on: August 22, 2011, 02:25:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #2521 on: August 22, 2011, 04:03:12 am »

"I took a short trip to Suul to meet some old colleagues, and to gather a rare specimen that would of gone to waste had I not.. acquired it."  Mahtan sat across from the king and took another sip from his flask.
"and if your going to berate a private citizen on where he's been, may I ask were Drua and Locanil have gone to?"
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: August 22, 2011, 04:13:51 am »

"AH yes, my lord, the living expenses are quite enough. Thank you for your time! If you ever need me, just call me."

With that Ludwig took a final bow and left the room.

Lady Drua's former chambers...

The rooms were finely furnished. The main room had a couch and 2 armchairs and a coffee table. It also had cupboards and a painting of Chade Fallstar slaying a dark knight. The door to the north lead to the bedroom, it had a king size bed and windows opening to the courtyard. There was also a wardrobe. East of the living room was a room with a very big table filled with alchemical instruments and the walls were covered with tablatures and maps. To the west was the bathroom, nothing much here, a tub, a cupboard and a mirror. Ludwig was quite happy with this room as thanked the Steward.

Castle courtyard...

Exiting the castle Ludwig saw the king entering with a tall, travel worn fellow. Ludwig dipped his head to the king who slightly nodded in answer. At the courtyard he saw regiments of men, they all seemed to have returned from a journey. Ludwig asked a young knight about the men. He said that they had returned from a battle in Miring and the man who was walking with the king was the commander. The knight seemed slightly scared or uncomfortable.

"How old are you?", asked Ludwig.
The boy answered, "13 sir".
Ludwig exhale slightly and took a napkin from his pocket, while putting some of his blinding powder into it he told the young boy, "This is blinding powder, use it to blind the opponent, it is only temporary though.". Closing the napkin with some thread he handed it to the boy and wished him luck.

Find some material about poisons in the palace library.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 07:01:50 am by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: August 22, 2011, 06:27:58 am »

After the Doctor departed, Corv took place in his throne again. A good feeling. He beckoned Reg to tell the doctor that he wanted to see the reports. The lands aquired or lost, the current army, the treasury reports and any men Johnston took into service.

Order the Doctor to bring reports of the lands,army and treasury , the current situation with the other Clans and bring all new vassals for personal audiences.

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: August 22, 2011, 06:40:30 am »

Jormund was slightly surprised when he was told by a messenger that his presence was required by the Jarl. For the most part he had been left alone and Johnston had let him do mostly whatever he wanted. Still, he supposed he had to go. Jormund walked into the main hall expecting to see Johnston waiting for him, but instead it was a different man that Jormund hadn't seen before. Jormund was slightly surprised, but quickly covered it as he realized this must be the true Jarl of these people, the one they called Manskinner.

"Greetings my lord," Jormund said, "My name is Jormund, Ex-Knight of Elbreth. I'm glad for the opportunity to finally meet the man that's in charge here."
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: August 22, 2011, 07:02:22 am »

Trubaldsome awoke with a start, wide-eyed and gasping for breath. They were after him!! They were here! Quick, run, no escape, get out, get-- He thrashed around and fell out of bed, the thump bringing him back to reality, and out of his horrible dream. The loud thump also brought Waery barging into the room, hand already grasping his sword hilt. To his surprise, he saw only his young King lying on the floor in a tangle of sheets and blankets, breathing heavily.
"Get out, damnit! Out!" Trubaldsome shouted, and Waery made a swift retreat. Alone once more, the stressed-out young man struggled to his feet, dumped the bedclothes back in a heap on the bed, then went over to the washbasin and dipped his face into the cold water, standing there shaking as he stared at the haggard reflection in his mirror.
It was the infection, he knew... It had to be.
What else could prompt such horrible dreams, full of laughing shadows, running footsteps and blades stabbing for his tender flesh?

He had to do something. The apothecary Drua had known nothing of a cure, but that did not mean there was none!
He straightened up, brought his breathing back to an acceptable level, then tugged on his backup coat over his orange and red silk pyjamas, placed his hat on his head and strode out of his room, moving out onto a balcony from which he could see the main square. He took a deep breath of the crisp morning air, gathered his coat about him and then looked down to the city square, the sight of the once-great 'Sir' Taric 'The Just' being pelted with rotting produce by a crowd of citizens bringing a smile to his face.
He stood out there, savouring the sunshine and gradually forgetting all about his nightmares.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:29:06 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: August 22, 2011, 07:02:33 am »

The King's Chamber, Early Winter...

(Minister Kain) Erik suddenly had no taste even for ale, let alone the glass of wine in his hand. He set the glass aside and sighed, rubbing at both of his temples with the thumb and index fingers of his off-hand. "Valid points, all." he replied drearily, "I suppose that, having heard of Taric's actions...such an act of treachery may not be out of the question." He paused a moment, secretly thinking to himself that, if the reports of the massacre were true, the Mirish people deserved whatever he had been giving them, and then continued: "But...we have not had word from Sir Taric since the defeat of Elbrethian forces in Miring. It could be quite possible that he is...a traitor, as you say. I ask you, leave me be for a time to think of these things..."

The King's Dining Hall, Early Winter...

A gasp had gone up amongst the knights at the sight of the Mirish crown, and Erik could not help but smile at the way the tale, even stripped of any embellishments the diplomat might have given it, had enthralled the young squire-turned-knights. He could not help but feel that, perhaps, Terenos was lying about the way Leuki and Chicane had died. But in any case, his loyalty was assured: If he wanted to kill him, Terenos had several chances already since entering the courtyard. Further, why work to turn back Preston forces without a fight if the intent was to capture all three nations?

No.
The letter Erik had received was, quite clearly, little more than lies with enough truth mixed in to cleverly conceal deception. Enough rumors of Sir Taric's misdeeds had reached the palace for Erik to be certain that those portions were correct, but whatever evidence of treachery Aulon had attempted to lay at Terenos' feet was little more than hot air. As Terenos finished his tale, the King couldn't help but grin a broad grin of joy.

Erik's mangled sword hand snaked out across the table to take the Mirish crown, while his off-hand slapped Terenos on the back in a congratulatory fashion. "I have heard many a tale of the events surrounding Miring, I am glad to have finally heard your side of the story." he informed the diplomat, still smiling all the while, "You will find that your quarters are much as you left them. I know you must be weary from your travels, but I ask, if you are not too tired then stay, and drink a while. If you wish to retire, you may and I shall not be offended...but first: Do you know who led the Mirish people in their massacre? Did you see a banner?"
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: August 22, 2011, 08:27:24 am »

The Merchants...

(Hans 3) You sail to Preston. The trip is rather uneventful, though you do catch sight of what appears to be dolphins off the starboard bow late one night. (4) As the people of Preston are still recovering from the recent war (+4 increments), and grain is a staple (+1 increment) you're able to haggle the price up to 2.5 ducats...effectively making back the money you already spent.

(1) Low-quality lumbers are in high supply in Preston, and the merchants can't seem to get rid of them fast enough, making it easy for you to haggle down their price. (-2 increments). While LQ-Lumber is produced in this region (-3 increments), the people have use for it almost as quickly as it's produced (+2 increments industrial, +1 increment staple) which means that its production affects your haggling in no tangible way whatsoever. However, Low Quality Lumber is a staple, and in these times of war (+2 increments) there's always someone willing to try and out-bid you for supplies...effectively negating the ease with which you would otherwise lower the price. When all is said and done, you're able to purchase low quality lumber only for its base price of 1d. Which means you're able to purchase 2 units of it, with .5 ducats left over for a rainy day.

der Vries credit: 2.1d
der Vries cash: .5 ducats
Hire ships move left: 2
2 Units Low-quality Lumber

(Tearakudo 5) The captain informs you that the nobleman in question jumped off of the docks and fled the port at a full-out sprint. He then reportedly gathered his men and led them off towards Elbreth, though now in slightly less of a hurry.

(2+1) You're unable to get any special prices for the wine, but because it's natively produced it's already quite cheap (-3 increments)...of course, that's before people begin to haggle. And since it's a luxury good, people are willing to pay big money to get it (+3 increments). All said and done, you're able to purchase a unit of wine for 4 ducats. (6+1) For whatever reason, Vasir noblemen have turned buying flax into a new fad and the price has been driven up as a result (+3 increments). Luckily, it's natively produced, and so the price is lowered (-3 increments). However, as an industrial good even more people wish to purchase it (+2 increments). By the end of it all, you're able to purchase a unit of flax for 1.5d.

(2-1) For the second time now, the Cargo Ship catches sight of a sail on the horizon flying the flag of a white cross on a red field. However, this time the cargo ship is unable to outrun it. How will the Cargo Ship's crew react to this threat?

a'Valti Treasury: 1.9d
Night Runner move left: 5
Cargo Ship move left: 4
1 Unit Wine
1 Unit Flax
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:29:04 am by thatkid »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: August 22, 2011, 08:53:04 am »

Hello guard I am looking for work in your masters service!

((can't bold useing iPod)) ask for service
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: August 22, 2011, 09:00:16 am »

"Everything rolls along as it should, although...." Hans could not shake off the feeling that he was doing a fool's work. every time he sold something or made a deal, it ended up with him breaking even and a bloody debt to boot. Too much turmoil and unfocused trading, those were the problems.

But Elbreth was supposed to be an opportunity of a lifetime. Cheap goods and profitable runs to Storm Coast, those were supposed to be good times. Yet he could not shake off the feeling that he lost his head somewhere, and the supposed great deals were as illusive as ghosts.

Something had to give. And that something would be his bloody Guild and their credit. But he had to get home to sort that out first. This wood will sell qite good in Vasir. For its status as a growing kingdom, Elbreth didn't generate enough currency for internal trade. Exports were the only thing of profit.

With all this thoughts pent up in his head, he boarded his hired ships and set for Vasir. He will be done with constant debt and constant scraping of the barrel soon enoungh. And when that is done, proper politics will be realised.

Set sail for Vasir to sell LQ Lumber there.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: August 22, 2011, 09:37:14 am »

The Southern Eelspine Range...

(The Nahk 6) You question the Suulian farmers on how to farm land. They attempt to describe it, but the terms they use are far too technical for you. Luckily, once they realize that you don't understand what you're saying they offer to farm for you!
(3-1) None of your men are particularly capable as far as hunting goes, but your men are able to catch a few squirrels and other small vermin.
(6-2) You attempt to set up a mine for the copper with the meager tools that you have, and after a long time of work your group of goat herders and steppes-men are able to adequately acquire the copper. You have acquired the resource!
You then gather your Elementalists, so that they might administer the prescribed torture...

(Kytuzian 2+1) The Nahk lacks the number of horses and meat hooks required, so he is unable to enact #127, but his men are able to boil bones in a cauldron to make tar and their is no end to their supply of sharp objects. Upon realizing that you will not be receiving the worst possible treatment you steel your resolve. When all is said and done, you've horrible burn scars around your mouth and a great gaping wound in your stomach. Luckily, one of the kinder elementalists ensures you that no spirits will be able to enter said wound, and that the pain will likely numb over the course of the next few hours as your body grows used to the torture.
(5) Four hours in and your stomach has gone numb from the tar being poured onto the "extraction wounds". Your sense of taste has gone, and tears sting the corner of your eyes but somehow you're able to maintain consciousness.
(5-1) By the sixth hour dark blotches have begun to form, blocking out most of your vision. Someone pours tar onto the wounds on your stomach, and presses a bowl of water to your torn and blistering lips. Still, you remain conscious despite all odds. Though the sound of rushing water has filled your hearing, you can hear two people arguing nearby.

(The Nahk) The Elementalists pause in their torture of "Anakyo" and quickly begin to discuss something amongst themselves in hushed voices. One of them quickly rushes out of the cave and returns a moment later with a bowl of fresh water, which he begins to use to clean the prisoner's wounds. Meanwhile, a second Elementalist works to ensure that the prisoner remains awake. The third turns to you and your soldiers, raising both hands as he makes a proclamation: "This man shall go free!"
A commotion goes up amongst your men, as there are still four more hours to go of torture under your command. The elementalist waits for the talk to die down, and then continues: "He has withstood more than any man could, more than you, our Nahk, could. It is clear that a Spirit of Living watches over him. We shall not continue, lest we anger it."

The Weyland Highlands...

(Sir Joseph 3) The guardsmen study you for a moment, and then one of them restates their command: "Drop your weapon and surrender, Elbrethian. We'll take you to the Jarl."

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: August 22, 2011, 09:49:45 am »

"I'd be glad to join your table this evening, my King. As far as who led the peasants.. I saw no banners. Potentially armored troops but in that press of bodies they could have easily been Elbreth troops out of position. I did not have the best vantage point. In truth though.. There were no surviving Miring nobles of any real account after my -first- purge of the traitors in that court."

Terenos spent many an hour that night telling and retelling his various fights and battles. He added some minor embellishments to the fight with Chicane von Trubaldsome. That seemed to really grip the young Knights of the King. He would nod solemnly and swear he threw a chair at the conspirator. "A chair?!" they would ask, incredulously. "A chair." He would respond. Then wink and say "Seemed like the best thing to do at the time."
There were others who wanted to know about the time he was captured by bandits. And so he told that tale as well. Also, the story of the duel with Count Castor which apparently ended with the good Count being hurled from a window to the cobblestones below. Many times did Terenos wink at his captive audience and say "Now it might not have been -exactly- that way, but this makes a better story..And I was the only one who walked away after all..Tis my story to make!"

He did not drink much, but still far more than he was used to. All told when he managed to stumble slightly down the hallway to his quarters, he only tripped twice, before locking his chamber and falling into bed, to sleep deeply, safe in Elbreth once more. Away from scheming and plotting and that damn priest..
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Winter 314)
« Reply #2532 on: August 22, 2011, 10:10:50 am »

Nahk state: Surprised
The Nahk is the leader of my clan aka me

Give the farmers what they need to farm some food treat them like anyone else in the clan
Heal Kytuzian station but station 2 guards near him when he is well enough bring him before me
Mine some copper
Start to prepare a group to head down to the Steppe to get horses. don't send yet just prepare

Spoiler: Ztah (Zimtar raiders) (click to show/hide)
OOC) Did i spend a Ducat on the mine?
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: August 22, 2011, 11:46:26 am »

After hearing of the new orders The Doctor returned to his quarters, bringing several pieces of sheepskin and a feather. Since there was no ink he beckoned a guard over and cut a small wound into his hand. Dipping the feather into the ink he began righting up the current forces, wealth, land and current situation with the other tribes.

Spoiler: Manskinner Report (click to show/hide)

After finishing the report he turned it in to the Jarl.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: August 22, 2011, 11:55:34 am »

Kain shrugs and then leaves, going to his quarters and composing a quick letter.

Kain raises a new regiment of his personal guard and pays his old one. He puts the newbies through a rigorous background check.

Kain gives the letter to his messenger boy to deliver to Amaryllis and sits down and looks at the dusty old piece of paper with the blueprints for the Eelspine Fortress on it.

Kain hires another Engineer, preferably from Brighthall.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 188