Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185500 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Winter 314)
« Reply #2400 on: August 18, 2011, 06:04:34 pm »

In addition to my above orders..
Promote my guard to Heavy, Berserker. Using up 1.5/2 ducats of my cash. Prior to departing of course
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: August 18, 2011, 06:43:20 pm »

Kain grinned warmly at "Lightningblade".
"Enjoy yourself out there?...No matter..." Kain picked up a bronze star stud and handed it to the enforcer.
"You've been promoted... Your a full on Enforcer... and speaking of which...I have a small task for you to accomplish...Nothing major...Head to the Capital of Preston and talk to a man by the name of Black...I forget his first name...Ask him how the war fares and what is happening with a man named Sir Taric and a man name Terenos. Got it?"
Kain frowns and hands Lightningblade a smaller bag of gold.
"Do this right and this spring you'll have half of a ducat...to do what you wish..."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: August 18, 2011, 06:45:26 pm »

Look to the fleet ahead of us and look to the men

"So, we can either try to sell our goods in Miring, or we can see where the preston fleet is headed. If they're bound for Miring, maybe the good Diplomat has annoyed someone. If Preston is bound for Miring, i say we give them a hand...possibly take a little revenge on our previous employer"

Follow preston's fleet, if preston's fleet engages Miring, assist
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:56:28 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: August 18, 2011, 06:55:37 pm »

"Aye, I got it sir."

Without wasting a moment, the duelist jumped on his horse and within seconds he was away.

Ride towards Sheepstead, buy some food, and ride towards the capital of preston.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: August 18, 2011, 07:37:47 pm »

Renard decided that he would need funds if he wished to create the many Pirate Havens he was looking to create so he began looking for work among the seedier parts of town.

Search for a job in the seedier part of town, and look for info on warehouses were trade goods are stored.

You dock at the nearest port, which since you failed to specify one happens to be Miring.  [3] Work is not terribly forthcoming, but you do learn about a warehouse temporarily storing some shipments of wool for export.  Right now the port is under the protection of the archers at Castle Sleen, but this might change once the armies besieging the city decide to attack.  You don't really have the land forces to raid that warehouse yourself, but on the other hand the occupants of the castle might be willing to hire your services in exchange for paying your fees in the new year.

"Aye, I got it sir."

Without wasting a moment, the duelist jumped on his horse and within seconds he was away.

Ride towards Sheepstead, buy some food, and ride towards the capital of preston.

By horse and along secured pathways, you reach Preston a couple of weeks before the end of winter.  Once there, you report to Grandmaster Black and take stock of the troops still present in the city.  Rather worryingly, this totals to just those regiments under the control of Black and Draven, as all the expected reinforcements and Preston's entire navy seem to have vanished.  It appears that neither Terenos nor Sir Taric are present in the city.

The Doctor smiled when the news came about the McHales joining him. "Yes! Luck is finally turning my way, boy. We'll soon have the McKinleys begging for death!" He said, patting the messenger on the back. "Rejoice, for this is a time of happiness." Pushing the boy away he finished the conversation and sat back down. Bringing a hand up he waved a guard over and told him to bring one ducat over to the messenger. "Deliver this to the McHales and tell him he has the status of Hond and Hersir."

He stood up, taking in a deep breath and walked towards his room. He armed himself, donned his armor and went towards the barracks. They would fight the McKinleys again. This would not be the last battle but he felt invigorated, so he would go on this attack with the soldiers.

Attempt to capture two parcels of land + money from the McKinleys. Go mainly for the land. Use the heavy berserker regiment, the heavy ambush regiment and myself in the battle. No specific plans of attack.

Edit: I added money to what we're trying to take. Ignore it if you already saw it and dislike me changing it.

[3] You don't have much luck with finding anywhere on the border with money worth noting, but land is not a problem.  The McKinleys, far from devoting a major force to the defense, supply only a token resistance of 1 ordinary infantry regiment - the local clansmen defending the valley.  With no major tactical concerns in mind, you assign Jormund to lead the heavy berserkers and just charge the valley.

Fight: 3+1+1 vs 2+3+2 - Clear Victory  (1 infantry regiment lost, 1 heavy ambushers lost)

You seize the two parcels of land easily enough, though the doomed clansmen fight tooth and nail and injure or cripple many of the careless ambushers, even as the berserkers slaughter them to a man.  Even so, this fight was laughably stacked in your favour.  The McKinleys must be on the back foot now - your men reckon you could probably go for the throat soon enough and take on Weybridge itself.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: August 18, 2011, 07:42:10 pm »

Reanrd climbed back onto his ship, and turned to his crew "Our destination is far to the south past Suul we will create a Haven on the coast not far from Eelspine, adn from there we will work northward until we have a fleet, and then we shall completely crush all the trading companies who send ships to other countries. We will all become rich men, and sit on the best chairs, and cdrink the best ale. First, we shall head out once again otu to sea, and hope she allows us to reahc our destination. Lets go get the anchor up, the sails up, and all men on decks !!! We set sail now."

Travel to designation given above.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: August 18, 2011, 07:49:12 pm »

Jarod did not investigate more than he needed to. He had asked how the war was faring and what was happening with the two men, and now he was going to report. He could have searched for them, but that was not his orders, and he did'nt know where to start with. The Kingdom of Elbreth was vast, and these men could be anywhere. Besides, the duelist did'nt like wasting his time.

Return to Sheepstead and report to Kain.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: August 18, 2011, 07:51:30 pm »

Reanrd climbed back onto his ship, and turned to his crew "Our destination is far to the south past Suul we will create a Haven on the coast not far from Eelspine, adn from there we will work northward until we have a fleet, and then we shall completely crush all the trading companies who send ships to other countries. We will all become rich men, and sit on the best chairs, and cdrink the best ale. First, we shall head out once again otu to sea, and hope she allows us to reahc our destination. Lets go get the anchor up, the sails up, and all men on decks !!! We set sail now."

Travel to designation given above.

This does not go down quite as well as you might expect with your men, most of whom signed on for the looting.  You haven't actually taken any looting worth noting - the ship you were granted is very nice, but painful to keep in shape and your men are demanding a larger cut to keep it that way.

A number of the men (including your first mate) approach you in the captain's quarters and make it very clear to you that if you can't come up with enough money to make upkeep by or very shortly after winter's end, they will be having a change of captain.  They don't care where you get the money from, but they are very insistent that you do.

Jarod did not investigate more than he needed to. He had asked how the war was faring and what was happening with the two men, and now he was going to report. He could have searched for them, but that was not his orders, and he did'nt know where to start with. The Kingdom of Elbreth was vast, and these men could be anywhere. Besides, the duelist did'nt like wasting his time.

Return to Sheepstead and report to Kain.

You return to Sheepstead just before the new year and deliver your report.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: August 18, 2011, 07:52:41 pm »

Back in his room at the palace, mask looks over the general appearance drawn on a poster.

"This is no good without a name. Jon!"

"Yes sir?"

Search for more witnesses. Try the surviving guards. I will ask the higher ups for a name.

Jon searches again for more details about this man, making sure to ask the guard. Mask will ask the guards and interrogators for a name to this man.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: August 18, 2011, 07:53:07 pm »

Attack a parcel of the McKinley's land and attempt to capture slaves for profit, with the remaining regiment.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: August 18, 2011, 07:59:22 pm »

((Adwarf, after this battle - if im still alive - we might be able to make a deal for cooperation. Cooperation like paying your upkeep. Your plans and mine need not be mutually exclusive. Besides, my idea of a pirate haven is slightly more awesome than yours :D))
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: August 18, 2011, 08:02:00 pm »

Renard looks at the crew then says "If thats what you want then tonight we will be stealing supplies from ships, or stealing a cargo ship. Harold I want you to take some men,a dn set it up so when we leave we can set the port on fire behind us to cover our escape, and Jack prepare the rest to fend off the guards, and liad the supplies onto this ship. Tonight we loot as much as possible,a dn ameka  break for Suul there we sell it, and I pay you guys your cut then we head further south, and set up the base to get a constant flow of money coming in, and finnally we will begin looting the trade routes,a dn milking the ships for all they got." He stands up,a dn begans chatting with the crew on how to pull it all off.

Send Harold, and some men to set the port to light on fire when we flee if they sense they might get caught screw it, and have Jack,a dn teh rest of the men look around, and see which ships have supplies on them. Once we know loot those for all they got, adn move them onto ours. (Night Attack)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: August 18, 2011, 08:21:30 pm »

Attack a parcel of the McKinley's land and attempt to capture slaves for profit, with the remaining regiment.

[?] You pick out a relatively weak, undefended position near the McKinley border where there are several small villages you can try and raid for the extra manpower.  In fact, when you enter the village it looks like most of the villagers are all hiding in their homes for fear!  If this raid is anything like the previous one, it should be a cakewalk.

The village is quiet.  Far too quiet, even for one where everyone is hiding under their beds.  Abandoned?  No...

One of the warriors, Jock Ackbar, catches sight of the first javelin, shortly before it impales him.

"It's a tra-"

McJohnston:  1 Heavy Berserkers
McKinley:  4 Heavy Ambushers, 2 Ambushers, 1 Ambush Tactician

Tactics:  Scores of McKinley warriors spring out of hiding all around your troops as they reach the centre of the 'abandoned' village.  It swiftly becomes apparent that they are encircling your position, probably trying to capture your men.  [Req 3, Roll 3]  By now, though, it is far too late for your men to do anything about it except fight for their lives.

Fight:  5+1+3 vs 2+8+2+1+2  - Absolute Defeat  (Heavy Berserkers Captured)

It isn't a battle.  It starts out as a slaughter and would have turned into a rout if the survivors had not capitulated and surrendered.  You are fortunately not present, but only Jormund and a couple of other men escape being captured by the McKinleys and return to tell you the tale.

Before winter ends the McKinleys rampage across your newly conquered territory, taking back [4] 4 parcels of land from you.  Once Spring arrives you will have a chance to raise new armies and try to fight against the encroaching storm, but the McKinleys have taught you a very vicious and lasting lesson in the dangers of overexpansion.

Back in his room at the palace, mask looks over the general appearance drawn on a poster.

"This is no good without a name. Jon!"

"Yes sir?"

Search for more witnesses. Try the surviving guards. I will ask the higher ups for a name.

Jon searches again for more details about this man, making sure to ask the guard. Mask will ask the guards and interrogators for a name to this man.

[3] Jon makes a few further inquiries with the guard and with the Ministry of Internal Affairs.  The most likely name they can put to the man is one "Sir Joseph", a hereditary knight of no land or status.  His whereabouts remain unknown, but if he is the man in question this is hardly surprising.

Renard looks at the crew then says "If thats what you want then tonight we will be stealing supplies from ships, or stealing a cargo ship. Harold I want you to take some men,a dn set it up so when we leave we can set the port on fire behind us to cover our escape, and Jack prepare the rest to fend off the guards, and liad the supplies onto this ship. Tonight we loot as much as possible,a dn ameka  break for Suul there we sell it, and I pay you guys your cut then we head further south, and set up the base to get a constant flow of money coming in, and finnally we will begin looting the trade routes,a dn milking the ships for all they got." He stands up,a dn begans chatting with the crew on how to pull it all off.

Send Harold, and some men to set the port to light on fire when we flee if they sense they might get caught screw it, and have Jack,a dn teh rest of the men look around, and see which ships have supplies on them. Once we know loot those for all they got, adn move them onto ours. (Night Attack)

[6]  One advantage of the Nalia is its high speed - high enough that by the time your men have stalked through half the merchant ships stuck in port and robbed them blind, you are able to escape without any of the Mirish fleet catching you.  You steal [3] 3 Ducats from the port, which will be deducted from next year's tax revenue.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: August 18, 2011, 08:28:32 pm »

"Excellent. A knight stands out in a crowd. Jon, keep looking for him. I'm off to find more helping hands."

Jon posts posters with the knights name and picture with a description and an offer of a reward for his capture. He sends these to the borders and to the neighboring lands. Mask shall recruit spies, starting with death row prisoners.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: August 18, 2011, 08:33:49 pm »

Renard looks at the men, and says "Now we have the funds we will head out first sotuh to Suul we will sell this, and buy a ship that is easier, and cheaper to keep up, and running then head south to claim a bit of land. Now our life as pirates trully begin we are the Sea Wolves, and this is our sea !!!" The men let out a bunch of yells, and Renard then turns, and takes the helm, adn begins heading to Suul.

Travel to Suul, and then further south. Look for a nice defendable cove, or sea cave where we cna build  Pirate Haven
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:24:30 pm by adwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 188