Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185503 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Winter 314)
« Reply #2385 on: August 18, 2011, 02:49:10 pm »

With most of the nobles taken care of, the Grand Master could turn his attention to the prosperity of the land. He had no doubt there was still many short tempers from the previous battles. Thankfully his spending had calmed te people of the city and the Nobles seemed more or less happy that they could keep their lands. Every single one had accepted. This might reduce the available land to be given out. But with Trubaldsome and yl Marchis on the run to Miring, he very much doubted they would be getting a cut anyways.

He bid the nobles to see him with a report of all their lands and their general prosperity. Hopefully this would give him (And the King when he arrived) a much better picture of what Preston could provide for the Kingdom and which lands were open.

He would also enquire about the catapults and engineers that had fled after the battle. He hoped that they would be returned under a prudent noble who wished to keep his lands. Or perhaps a minor noble looking to impress his new liege would be able to divulge their where abouts.

Ask the nobles of Preston to report on the status of their lands. Check on the status of Preston City as well.

Also ask the nobles if they knew the fate of the catapults and engineers who accompanied them.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: August 18, 2011, 02:52:41 pm »

I am referring to the assassin who nearly managed to kill the king ((thank you Ashton)). I am sure this is of great embarrassment to the court, but these events need to be bought into the light and dealt with.
You see, I was not talking of the literal armies bashing down your gates and climbing the walls, but the invisible, plotting portion of the enemy, their spies and assassins infiltrating your cities and castles, taking all the information and lives they can. This, I believe, I can help you with.
Not only am I proficient at poison mixing and *ahem* applying, I also have certain skills that no other can offer.
Now, back to my previous question, my liege...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:59:59 pm by Spaghetti7 »
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: August 18, 2011, 02:58:42 pm »

((I can step up my security by killing sphagetti right now. And those guys came under the guise of freindship.))
Kain stares at the man with his hand on the grip of his sword, eying the boy darkly.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: August 18, 2011, 03:02:15 pm »

Renard turned to his Harold, and said "Unload the tin, and take it to the markets to sell it then bring me the funds. Meanwhile I will go off, and gather information, and hopefully some more men, so we can set up our first safe haven for times of need. We will begin the raiding of trade ships afterwards, but we will need atleast someplace to hide in a time of need. Now go there is much to do, and little time to do it in." Renard then turned, and walked off towards the taverns hoping to find information on places where they could set up a haven, and some good pirates to guard it.

Look for info on safe places to grab land, and set up a Pirate Haven, and try to find sonme men who ar ewilling to join my crew for free.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: August 18, 2011, 03:23:27 pm »

By grain in Vasir, sell in miring

When the crew returns from leave, inform them we're going to go have some fun
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: August 18, 2011, 03:30:21 pm »

((The cellar seems the best and obvious bet, seeing as it's probably stone and moist.  Also I'm confused as to why Lilith would be in love with a half blind mad scientist who was willing to bet her in a dice game for a monkey))

"Now this might come to a shock to all of you, but fire.. is hot.  Fire bad.  You want to get away from fire.  So everyone make way to the cellar before you all burn to death as if you were on some cyclist's wheel.

Head to the cellar.

You descend into the cellar, which is full of heavy barrels of ale.  [5] Normally, this would be a terrible idea and you can see why - smoke is descending here from above, making this the most lethal place in the entire house.  Your luck holds however - there is a trapdoor at the far end of the cellar, presumably leading up to the street where barrels come in from.  It has an iron padlock on it, though - you will have to figure out an ingenious (or perhaps just straightforward) way of getting it off before you can use the trapdoor to escape!

Send a diplomat to the McHales. Attempt to have them join us peacefully so we have their soldiers and we don't risk losing ours.

[5] Normally such negotiations would require heavy concessions, but as it is the McHales see which way the wind is blowing.  They will agree to join, provided their leader receives full Hond and Hersir status and you pay them a ducat in tribute.

Find Drua and politely ask her where Mahtan is..

Drua:  A young man approaches you as you are busy preparing for your journey, asking you about Mahtan, the unofficial Royal Alchemist.

Loot the Fallen...

There is precious little worth looting.  The knights were penniless save for their arms (most of which were damaged or destroyed in the battle) and what was stolen from the villagers was barely worth noting.  You just return them to the village and tell them justice was done.  Sometimes, battles just don't result in any treasure worth taking.

Ask each peasent what each of these knight's crime was.Execute the murderers and rapists. Arrest the Vandals and theives. Help with the Lootage.

[5] Most of the knights are at least accused of murder and rape, and you don't have any inclination to bother with trials.  Only three escape the accusations, so you take them as prisoners under theft and brigandage charges.  The rest you dispose of in whatever manner you feel is most memorable.

Renard turned to his Harold, and said "Unload the tin, and take it to the markets to sell it then bring me the funds. Meanwhile I will go off, and gather information, and hopefully some more men, so we can set up our first safe haven for times of need. We will begin the raiding of trade ships afterwards, but we will need atleast someplace to hide in a time of need. Now go there is much to do, and little time to do it in." Renard then turned, and walked off towards the taverns hoping to find information on places where they could set up a haven, and some good pirates to guard it.

Look for info on safe places to grab land, and set up a Pirate Haven, and try to find sonme men who ar ewilling to join my crew for free.

[3-1]  There aren't many places on the coast that are unclaimed.  You fail to find any havens of worth.  You have a more pressing concern, though, and that is funding - if you cannot get hold of at least 2.5 Ducats before the new year turns (or very soon thereafter), you will have a mutiny on your hands.  This ship did take some damage during the last fight and you will seriously need to pay upkeep on it.

With most of the nobles taken care of, the Grand Master could turn his attention to the prosperity of the land. He had no doubt there was still many short tempers from the previous battles. Thankfully his spending had calmed te people of the city and the Nobles seemed more or less happy that they could keep their lands. Every single one had accepted. This might reduce the available land to be given out. But with Trubaldsome and yl Marchis on the run to Miring, he very much doubted they would be getting a cut anyways.

He bid the nobles to see him with a report of all their lands and their general prosperity. Hopefully this would give him (And the King when he arrived) a much better picture of what Preston could provide for the Kingdom and which lands were open.

He would also enquire about the catapults and engineers that had fled after the battle. He hoped that they would be returned under a prudent noble who wished to keep his lands. Or perhaps a minor noble looking to impress his new liege would be able to divulge their where abouts.

Ask the nobles of Preston to report on the status of their lands. Check on the status of Preston City as well.

Also ask the nobles if they knew the fate of the catapults and engineers who accompanied them.

Preston
1 Settlement, Preston  (8d/year)  No tax due to looting.
1 Port, Port Preston (6d/year)  No tax due to looting.
2 parcels open land - Crown (2d/year)
4 parcels open land - 4 Minor Vassals (2d/year @ 0.5d/parcel vassal tax)
1 parcel open land - 1 Minor Vassal Tax-exemption status.

The fate of the catapults and engineers is unknown.

By grain in Vasir, sell in miring

When the crew returns from leave, inform them we're going to go have some fun

Even though Vasir does technically produce grain, its high urban population, wine industry and the fact that it is winter all make grain a rather scarce commodity right now.  [2] You bargain hard, but the best offer you can get is still 1.6d/tonne.  Unless you are particularly unlucky, though, the price is likely to be even higher at your destination.  You buy two tonnes of grain (leaving you 4.8d) and set sail for the war-torn province of Miring.  [3] You make fair time and encounter no dangers, but upon approaching Port Sleen you discover three light warships sailing towards the same destination.  They are flying Preston's colours.

"God damn them." Hans was sitting in an armchair in front of a fireplace. The siege continued, although Hans wasn't really bothered with this. He deliberated on what might be done to get back at his enemies and how he will avoid future problems like that. If someone considered him important enough to have him killed that was a good sign. But he needs to be more careful what he says to whom next time. It was quite idiotic of him to spill everything to these two at the castle, and it seemed to Hans that it was the young scion of the yl Marchis house that ordered his men to kill him.
So far from home and yet so close to this old game. The game of princes and merchants. 

Hans was stuck in the port until spring and still had the facilites to continue the trade, so that was no problem. The problem was whether or not the siege will end with victory for Elbreth. Whenever he thought about these two at the castle, he cursed them and promised a revenge in one breath. He might not be big now, but soon enough...

As Hans was sitting in his armchair he dictated various notes and trade schedule to Marvin, who was sitting at the pulpit nearby and scribbling down everything his master told him to. Well, almost everything. Elbreth, despite its size and population, wasn't producing a lot of processed goods. Raw matierals however were a good way of making money fairly quick. With demand for industrial input, Vasir will certainly buy up Elbrethian wool, with return journey bringing wine. With all these mercenaries and troopers roaming the country, demand for alcohol is assured, thought Hans.

Come spring go to Sheepstead and prepare a caravan with wool destined to go to Vasir. Return journey will be from Vasir to Miring with liquor to be sold there.

In preparation for spring, you send runners with notes of credit to an acquaintance in Sheepstead with orders for a purchase of two shipments of wool Wool.  [3] It looks like the best available price is 0.75d/shipment, so you hire a pair of caravans for the year and purchase both shipments.  (You are now 2.5d in debt.)  The caravans bring the shipments to Miring, where your two ships are waiting for them.  You can try and risk the midwinter seas or wait until Spring as originally intended.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:54:30 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: August 18, 2011, 03:36:00 pm »

Renard decided that he would need funds if he wished to create the many Pirate Havens he was looking to create so he began looking for work among the seedier parts of town.

Search for a job in the seedier part of town, and look for info on warehouses were trade goods are stored.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:01:39 pm by adwarf »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: August 18, 2011, 03:49:59 pm »

Locanil had taught the boy the language, amazing that he wasn't scared. It had earned him a good sum but it was truly unlikely that he would be able to do anymore good for the people of Sheepstead. There were little people willing to be taught and not enough ducats for libraries, schools, archives. The second could be blamed on the king's warmongering. At first, it had been reasonable; aid another nation and take that nation as vassal or annex it. But the reports did not lie. Taric the "Just" and Terenos had gone looting and slaughtering. This was no longer an honourble war; was it ever? Perhaps Locanil had been too idealistic, or naive but now he had saw that no king was a saint, what ever that Knave-person said. He knew that he had been assigned to Elbreth for a 100 years, but perhaps it had been a test to show the cruelty of the outside world? Perhaps... But Locanil could not simply return home now. He had read and heard of Lady Drua preparing an expedition of exploration in Suul. Perhaps he could learn much and earn some there?

After his decision, Locanil prepared a letter for the king.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Locanil then brought the letter to the royal steward, and left the castle, the city, and soon enough the country. To Suul and to greater explorations.

Actions- Write letter to king (as above), leave with steward. Leave Elbreth, get to Suul and join Drua in her expedition. Bring some copies of the histories if we have more in the archives.

((I've edited this post way too much))
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:03:10 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: August 18, 2011, 04:02:29 pm »

((Adwarf, you have nothing to sell

I only wanted mine to get my run to miring done within the season because i have plans ^^ I want my crew to get a little payback on miring))
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:19:19 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: August 18, 2011, 04:06:56 pm »

Kain wacthed the last of the bandits feet twitch. His eyes showed no emotion, no pity, no sadness, no mercy.
One of the King's pages made to cut down the bodies but Kain signaled him off.
"Leave them up to rot..."
Kain turned and grabbed one of his men from the regiment.
"Go get Lightningblade...Bring him to me..."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: August 18, 2011, 04:23:32 pm »

The Doctor smiled when the news came about the McHales joining him. "Yes! Luck is finally turning my way, boy. We'll soon have the McKinleys begging for death!" He said, patting the messenger on the back. "Rejoice, for this is a time of happiness." Pushing the boy away he finished the conversation and sat back down. Bringing a hand up he waved a guard over and told him to bring one ducat over to the messenger. "Deliver this to the McHales and tell him he has the status of Hond and Hersir."

He stood up, taking in a deep breath and walked towards his room. He armed himself, donned his armor and went towards the barracks. They would fight the McKinleys again. This would not be the last battle but he felt invigorated, so he would go on this attack with the soldiers.

Attempt to capture two parcels of land + money from the McKinleys. Go mainly for the land. Use the heavy berserker regiment, the heavy ambush regiment and myself in the battle. No specific plans of attack.

Edit: I added money to what we're trying to take. Ignore it if you already saw it and dislike me changing it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:31:24 pm by Mr. Dwarfinton »

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: August 18, 2011, 04:28:49 pm »

Jormund had little to do, so long as he had no troops of his own, and no money to spare. However, when he heard that Johnston was planning an attack he was ready to go. He requested to be involved with the attack so that he could at least and watch and maybe learn something useful about tactics, and perhaps even take part of the spoils.

Jormund requests to join Johnston in the attack on the McKinleys.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: August 18, 2011, 04:36:51 pm »

McJohnston nodded at Jormund. "Of course you can come, the extra help is always useful. You'll have no take in the land, however, my friend." He said, heading off towards battle with the soldiers.

Allow jormund to join in on the fight.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:44:28 pm by Mr. Dwarfinton »

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: August 18, 2011, 05:41:07 pm »

Ludwig saw a woman that matched the description of Drua that the guild had given him and walked up to her.
"Good day! I believe that you are Drua? I am Ludwig LaWitch and I can see that you are busy right now, but could you spare me just a few moments? I am looking for a man named Mahtan and since you are also a scientist like him, I was wondering if you could tell me of his whereabouts."
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: August 18, 2011, 06:03:50 pm »

Jarod was drinking something from his wineskin (doubtlessly alcool) when the soldier found him. The duelist was quite happy with the fight - he had killed two soldiers, his first kills for months. He smiled when the lad came up to him and told him to meet Kain, and he was still smiling when he saw his boss.

"You wanted to see me, Kain?"
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 188