Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185162 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Winter 314)
« Reply #2280 on: August 17, 2011, 02:46:26 pm »

The Grand Master arched an eyebrow at the claim of being equals.

"I never said I was your King. But I am both the Grand Master of the Order of the Burning Circle AND the Marquess of Riverfall. Which March do you rule over Lord Terenos? Do not claim you are my equal. Murdering a King under his own roof who has taken you in as a friend speaks quite ill of one's honour."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: August 17, 2011, 02:52:12 pm »

Renard set about looking ove rhte corpses of the many dead, and began barking orders 'Harold, Jack you two organize the remaining men get the sails up, and the bodies over the side of the ship. I also want all the supplies checked over see what we got then we will be heading to port send a letter to the other group tell them thanks for the trading goods, and that when we next meet I will pay back the cost of this ship. Tell them that I am Renard, Captain of the Sea Wolves, and I will be the greatest to cover these waters. I will in due time pay them back when they can take rest in the havens across the cost that I will create for us pirates, the new rulers of the sea."

Send the letter to the other men then take the ship to port sellignt eh goods on board, and then changing the name, adn look so we don't get caught

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: August 17, 2011, 02:56:05 pm »

"Men weve been attacked by these people then the military turns on us I saw we fight we are better than them we will win this we will fight them here and we will never give up!" His men cheer and prepare for battle.
FIGHT THEM HERE
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: August 17, 2011, 03:00:41 pm »

((Adwarf, you realize i have nearly full crew...and can pitch you overboard on a whim...i'm the one standing on the ship. I thought we could play nice...but i guess not

and i quote:

The battle could not have been won - or at least not won cleanly, without the aid of the newcomers.  On the other hand, their captain is now alone with only a handful of men on the captured ship whilst Captain a'Valti is still backed up by his full crew.  On the first hand again, the captured sailors manning the Yalasan will probably follow whoever ends up giving them orders - or walk the plank, most like.  This is a negotiation that will have to take place carefully... or extremely violently.

you seem to prefer the latter sir...))
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 03:07:42 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: August 17, 2011, 03:12:37 pm »

Kain pops a blue pastille into his mouth and breathes out. His voices is a lot less raspy and more clear
"You'll be investigating claims of treason,...helping to catch traitors, occasionally defending the kings honor, occasionally enforcing his laws,...fighting bandits and destroying spying rings.
The pay at first is hardly anything...but you'll get more as time goes on...
A bag of gold coins and a House in Lonemine. If you live to retirement you will gain parcels of land depending on your use to the Ministry and if you ever wish to marry a dowry will be provided, as long as it isn't a princess your marrying...There is a number of smaller things that you'll get, but most of them aren't important...
You'll start out as a minor Enforcer, handling small breaches of security...Work good and you'll be rapidly promoted..."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: August 17, 2011, 03:22:54 pm »

Jarod listened to him and said nothing. For a few minutes, he did nothing else than looking at the wall in front of him. And then, after long, deep thoughts, he said carefully.

"I accept. When do I begin?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: August 17, 2011, 03:26:01 pm »

"Tommorow, my regiment is heading out to fight bandits with the king. They'll be out chasing woman and such tonight. Do you need any armor? Or do you have some?"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: August 17, 2011, 03:39:54 pm »

Renard turned, and yelled at the other caprain "I promise on my family's name I will pay you back, but I really need the fund syou cna take half though. Of course I hope we cna take the smaller slope of yours in exchange for the loss of our ship, but we would also take a deal for half the supplies, and a ride back, but my men are coming with me."

Give him half the stuff on board
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 03:55:48 pm by adwarf »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: August 17, 2011, 03:41:19 pm »

Jarod had an embarassed smile. He had a armor, once. It was a real masterwork, but he had to leave it behind. It would have slowed him down, and trying to be stealthy while wearing a plate armor was impossible.

"I don't have any armor, sadly... When I got out of Miring, I was... Err... In a bit of a hurry... A boiled leather armor will be enough."

In a duel, being in full plate armor was important, since duels were generally short and brutals, but in larger battles heavy armor generally slowed down the duelist.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: August 17, 2011, 03:42:59 pm »

((You're not getting the point. You have no crew. If you turn this into a fight you will die))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: August 17, 2011, 03:44:54 pm »

((You're not getting the point. You have no crew. If you turn this into a fight you will die))
(( I am not trying to fight I am giving you half the stuff on board of worth then taking the ship as I am owed it from having mine destroyed when I aided you. I will pay you back, and you will be notified of all the hidy places I create along the coast so you ccan use them, so you gain moore from giving me the ship, and half the goods than fighting me.))

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: August 17, 2011, 03:58:04 pm »

((Take it to ooc dudes.))
Kain nods at Jarod.
"Your operative name will be Lightningblade. Got it? Good."
And with those words he knocks hard on the door and the two guards from before bring in Jarod's Armor.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Kain then throws a medium-sized bag of gold to Jarod. A silver and black sigil of a Crow on a golden sword is painted on the pauldron. Under it is a singler brass star.
"Go to the stables tomorrow and pick up a horse. Then meet me up by the head of the two regiments near the king. Goodbye."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:01:27 pm by filiusenox »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: August 17, 2011, 04:37:17 pm »

Knavston pens another letter to the good King Erik.

My Liege,

It pains me to say that Lord Trubalsome has taken flight from Preston. It seems the tongues of the soldiers here were too loose to keep information of such magnitude secret. I can only imagine that he is travelling to Miring and will most likely be there by the time this letter finds you. Sir Taric and 2 regiments have been dispatched to link up with the remaining Royal Army in Miring. He and the soldiers should ensure that Trubaldsome does not do anything rash.

Regarding your decision for Preston, I must hope you reconsider it.  I fought beside you against the Rebel Shizume and it gave you resources in the Eelspine. You heard my council at the start of the year and it gave you both Preston and Miring. Now I ask you to hear it again before making any official decisions.

I feel Lord Terenos is a poor choice. Of his abilities with a blade, I have no doubt, but he is just that, a sword. He has too much ambition for a landless diplomat and has absolutely no experience in holding land or even running a town. All men under his command die, and it seems all he cares for is plucking gold from the realms he was sent to free and killing kings.

While my army was busy dying at the hands of the Preston Army. Instead of sending the entire 2nd Army ahead as reinforcements as was planned he decided to loot noble estates from Miring to Preston to line his own pockets. I have no doubt many soldiers lives would have been saved if he had instead just travelled directly to Preston as was his order.

Perhaps you have heard his exploits in how he won the crown in Miring? Murdering the King Leuki while Terenos was a guest and ally under his roof. He then went on to claim the crown for himself and declare himself Regent of Miring. An ambitious man such as himself is dangerous.

I know you are a trusting man, but look at this man's honour. To kill a royal host, under intentions of being a friend is of the greatest form of sin. How could you trust one such as him to something so important? I ask you to reconsider. My personal suggestion would be General Kaguro. He has proved himself loyal and has managed his town of Sheepy Hallow expertly. Not to mention his own relations to your line, thanks to your cousin foster greater loyalty.

I do look forward to your visit here, If when you arrive you stand by decision then I of course will accept it, all I ask is that you heed my preceding council and act with caution before committing to it.

May God and Fire be with you,

Always your loyal servant
Knavston Black

Sealed with the Flame of the Order of the Burning Circle

With the business of Terenos down for the meantime, Knavston set his sights on bringing order back to the city of Preston. The nobles would have to wait longer until the King arrived. Until then he could start to restore the damage caused to the city from the previous battles.

Spend 1 ducat from the raided treasury to help repair the damage that was caused to the city in the previous battles
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:07:35 pm by Knave »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: August 17, 2011, 04:49:48 pm »

Lightningblade... That's original... Thought Jarod as he got out of the stables on his new horse. He rode towards Kain and simply nodded to him, saying nothing. The duelist had an armor was of good quality and a bag of gold, so he had no reason to complain. He had not killed a man in a long time.

It would do him good to kill someone.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: August 17, 2011, 04:51:11 pm »

Captain A'Valti could see the look on the other Captain's face. He was noticeably upset that his unasked for assistance, while helpful, had cost him much of his crew. Assessing the situation, A'Valti was looking to make deals with the crews of all three ships. The crew of the other pirate vessel, including their captain, looked twitchy to say the least. A'Valti felt a little guilty about their ship, but logistically he just didn't have the crew to spare for a prize vessel.
Those of the Nalia were free to do as they pleased. Pirates, all of them, before his coup against suicide meant they'd likely stay pirates. Many may have liked the previous captain though and might like to leave with the new captain.
The merchant vessel on the other hand was filled with normal crewmen. He would be sure to make the crew feel safe enough to voice their concerns. If they wanted off at the next port the could leave with the other Captain.

Besides my back dated intel plans...current proposal to Adwarf is in ooc
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 188