Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185765 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Players welcome.)
« Reply #2115 on: August 14, 2011, 05:29:42 pm »

OOC:
That still doesn't negate the fact that it basically turns magic into an RPG commodity, Adwarf. All it means is that there's a chance of that commodity being used faster.
((Well I will try to think of something else that might work.))

Mr. Pompular

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: August 14, 2011, 05:31:07 pm »

((Pompulion as demon hunter is a bit of a glorification of a evil wizard who summons demons and then banishes them for profit.))

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: August 14, 2011, 05:31:45 pm »

((Funny the biggest issue of my character is how magic fits into it despite the fact that in the current description they're incapable of casting any magic at all))

((Pompulion as demon hunter is a bit of a glorification of a evil wizard who summons demons and then banishes them for profit.))
((Ah, guess I won't have to worry about you chasing me back and forth until you start getting questioned about it.))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:33:44 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: August 14, 2011, 05:35:39 pm »

((Oh god how many pages have been created since i was last on, THIS MORNING. Maybe i should make a small wiki or website describing Elbereth? So that new players can be sent there for guidance and to figure stuff out. And i would watch it people who are attempting bad things, i'm in sheepstead and i don't take kindly to murdering random merchants and causing problems...))

"I understand my lord, thank you for the Oppurtunity to serve you... I don't think therebe very many tratiors and spies after...What are we going to do with these spies? And may I round them up instead of your gaurd?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #2119 on: August 14, 2011, 05:36:36 pm »

((Imagine how great this game will be in it's You are King! 2: The kingoning, with all these rules, hugs rules and whispers sweet nothings in its ears))

All or nothing? Now why should I agree to that?  I've already won a handsome sum, and I doubt anything in your.. "collection" as you call it would even be worth what I have.

Get him to reveal the monkey so I can access if it's even worth it.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: August 14, 2011, 05:38:13 pm »

OOC:

I'm actually fine with Pompulion. He's a character who knows that magic isn't some toy to play around with, but is willing to take such massive risks for potential gain.

Ashton, my issue with your character is that it's a demon. I don't care if he can't actually cast spells, just the fact that it's an immortal talking bird is enough. Your backstory has an apprentice summoning some powerful demon of fire, and apprentices summoning powerful demons is something we've already declared to be insanely stupid, in this very thread no less.
We shouldn't even need to come up with new rules to keep magical characters in check. What we have is fine, and it should be a non-issue.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: August 14, 2011, 05:39:27 pm »

((Oh god how many pages have been created since i was last on, THIS MORNING. Maybe i should make a small wiki or website describing Elbereth?
An OOC only thread has been proposed and is gathering support which should help but a wiki in addition would be very helpful, especially if we could all put in pages for stuff like our characters.

EDIT:

OOC:

I'm actually fine with Pompulion. He's a character who knows that magic isn't some toy to play around with, but is willing to take such massive risks for potential gain.

Ashton, my issue with your character is that it's a demon. I don't care if he can't actually cast spells, just the fact that it's an immortal talking bird is enough. Your backstory has an apprentice summoning some powerful demon of fire, and apprentices summoning powerful demons is something we've already declared to be insanely stupid, in this very thread no less.
We shouldn't even need to come up with new rules to keep magical characters in check. What we have is fine, and it should be a non-issue.

((OK, If you've that much problem with a talking bird that has a backstory involving magic I can create something new, just wanted to be creative was all. So should I let Iletium decide or if it's something that'll annoy you I 'spose it's fine for me to rethink. Also would it be fine for you if I had a sentinent bird/other animal with a reasonable lifespan if I change the backstory?))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:45:40 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: August 14, 2011, 05:45:31 pm »

((I second, or third, the wiki idea. I don't know how to set one up but if someone else wanted to I'd be willing to figure out how to edit pages and I think that would be beneficial for just about everyone.))
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: August 14, 2011, 05:48:48 pm »

Simple preachings would not do here...Corv needed to inspire fear into the dumber and more dupable of the populace. Time for some Demons to make their appeareance. Getting again in the guise of a simple monk Corv went out into the city to find a suitable victim...

look in the city for important or less important badly guarded monks/priests/bishops/people of religious importance. When found send Corv and his men out in their monk costumes at night wearing skull masks. Assassinate the man, skin him and leave some ridiculous prophetic message in blood(something like: HEAR ME MORTALS AND HEED ME WELL, YOU HAVE INCITED THE WRATH OF JORMUNGUND) do it in a public place so people get scared. Afterwards sent the Radicals out again to preach. Be sure to get some Greek Fire which is used if escape is necessary...

EDIT: @Ashton: although i personally dont have a problem with your character its somewhat a bit useless to play a bird here. This game is mostly about being a noble/king/raider/merchant etc. not that i want to stop your enthusiasm here but what exactly do you want to accomplish with a bird? I suggest you make up a new Character more along the lines of a druid/shapeshifter/ propably even a scribe who sets up rookerys around the country and amkes a business out of it...or why not tyke the druid idea from before and be the one behind the village attack? It's certainly not as creative as a talking bird but far more fitting for the game and gives you more possiblities then flying around and blinding people... ;)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:53:25 pm by Ghazkull »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: August 14, 2011, 05:49:50 pm »

OOC:

You can wait for Iituem's input and all that if you really want to play a demon bird. Since I seem to be the only person vehemently opposed to the concept at the moment, it might not turn out to be too much of a problem, and you may be accepted.
But the particular low-magic feel of this game is something that I know Iituem said he wanted to keep around at one point.

It's possible to be original without being some freaky out-there thing, too. Just look at any of the major movers and shakers. None of which, you'll notice, have made use of magic or the supernatural in any form so far aside from maybe lying about such abilities in order to intimidate superstitious peasants.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:51:57 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: August 14, 2011, 05:55:17 pm »

((I would also prefer to keep demons/sentient animals/birds out of this game. Nothing against the character, seems original, but I personally don't think it fits with the tone of the game. Magic should be playing second fiddle to political intrigue))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: August 14, 2011, 06:06:26 pm »

((Hmmm... Well, it appears to me that there is one thing you guys are missing in your kingdom... A SPYMASTER!!))

The cloaked figure slowly walked his way to the palace gates, head down and hood up, even though it was a clear and sunny day. Though he did nothing to the surrounding populace, they seemed to part before him slightly, as if he gave off an aura of uneasiness that they wanted no part of.

As he finally reached the palace gates, he was stopped by the guards, both of which were shaking very slightly just from being near this man.

"Stop. What is your business stranger?"

As the stranger came to a complete stop before the guards, he lifted his head and the guards gasped as they saw that underneath his hood, they could see only a pair of eyes, clear as fresh stream water. The voice that they heard was raspy and sounded slightly breathless.

"I come bearing services that your king may be interested in hearing. Go announce me for him will you, but do it quietly. Tell him that The Mask desires to have an audience with him."

As one of the guards nodded and rushed off to comply, a pickpocket tried his luck against the stranger, reaching out to lift some valuables when the guard wasn't looking. A brief glimpse of studded leather armour and some metal that belonged to some kind of weapon was all that was shown before the pickpocket left screaming, his fingers broken.

((How's that for an intro?))

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: August 14, 2011, 06:07:48 pm »

((Ok demon bird seems a bit disputed so that idea's chucked out now, thinking of something unique again, struck between a clockwork man and a blind archer))

EDIT: ((or a clockwork man who's geomancer never gave him functioning eyes, hmm, decisions, decisions.))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 06:09:20 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: August 14, 2011, 06:19:40 pm »

((Hello. I played You are lord and liked it, but when it fell into inactivity I did'nt join this. When I saw the "Players welcome." I decided I might try again. However, I am not going to read the 141 pages behind this post, so can I have a brief summary of the lore? What's happening right now? What roles are needed?))

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: August 14, 2011, 06:27:51 pm »

Locanil paced the archives. Not enough time and too much work. There had been little progress on the histories and the deadline was not too far away. Even if they worked everyday, all night and day, without breaks Locanil doubted that the commission could be completed in the time allocated. Never the less, even if they did fail to do the task in time, they would still complete it, without pay. These histories would go on to educate hundreds, perhaps even thousands...Mere money is not something that should block the way to enlightenment...

Action- Work on the commission.

ahem.

oh and ashton, if you don't want to be human, you could be a hatcuri...Locanil would appreciate a fellow hatcuri.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 06:32:31 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 188