Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185772 times)

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
Re: You are King! (Players welcome.)
« Reply #2100 on: August 14, 2011, 04:27:49 pm »

((I think you missed me continuing to make maps. Unless your not doing the rolls for that.))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: August 14, 2011, 04:29:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((You have to be joking, my demon isn't even in proper existence yet and there's ALREADY demon hunters,  :'( oh dear... is that blind hunter one which I pecked the eyes out of then?))
OOC:
It might help if you read through the thread a bit more.

Adwarf, those rules sound solid but I dislike the concept of "mana" and all that. Magic shouldn't be anything with clearly defined rules like that -- at least not in the sense that a player can go "Wellp, I'm running low on magic. Time to stop being awesome for a week of posts!"
I'll leave it up to Iituem though.

I did miss your post Kytuzian. I'll make a roll for it in a second.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: August 14, 2011, 04:31:38 pm »

((I have chain mail and a body guard unit... 1 man is not that much of a threat so I will...))
Kill the annoying thief
((and I am a proficient fighter))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:33:16 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: August 14, 2011, 04:32:20 pm »

(( I'm pretty sure Iiteum's doing the rolls for my action, so I'm just hanging around and offering helpful advice. [Read: cluttering up the thread with amusing nonsense.] And Pompulion's already had a bit of experience killing demons. ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: August 14, 2011, 04:39:22 pm »

((Kinda hard to keep track of everything now that the player ranks swelled, isn't it? Also waiting for my action.))

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: August 14, 2011, 04:40:01 pm »

OOC:

Adwarf, those rules sound solid but I dislike the concept of "mana" and all that. Magic shouldn't be anything with clearly defined rules like that -- at least not in the sense that a player can go "Wellp, I'm running low on magic. Time to stop being awesome for a week of posts!"

((Oh yes so I see, the man skinner and I think the shadeling's too, sozzles just seemed a bit coincidental with there bieng a blind demon hunter and a demon who's signature attack is pecking out it's enemies eyes.))
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: August 14, 2011, 04:40:32 pm »

((For those interested in having a magic character. Here are the first draft rules on the costs social and otherwise of using magic from page 50 or so.))

Rules on Magic

Also going to repeat my calls that an OOC thread be created.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:45:08 pm by Knave »

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: August 14, 2011, 04:56:22 pm »

((No offense adwarf, but I'm against you re-joining the game. Sorry.  :-\))

Drua leans back in her big bed, comfy and cosy in her estate. The Suulian healer was doing good work, and every day she felt a little less stiff and sore. She had gone through and organized her new holdings, and she had done an excellent job, if she was any judge. Now, the difficult task of finding a steward and healing up over the winter, and then she would set off for adventure yet again! The estate's food stocks were full and the wood pile was easily large enough to last through the winter, but the lovely place felt a little...empty. She missed her husband, the charming man who treat her like a member of nobility, who's soft smile and good intentions were shining. She still couldn't believe he had been at the head of a massive conspiracy! Terenos had been involved, and she had heard some nasty rumours about the man, and seen first-hand his disregard for the lives of those he considered beneath him. Drua would have to keep an eye on him, and maybe try to limit that bastard from rising up the ranks...But there was a happier business to take care of! Drua calls for her physician and asks him if he could spend the winter months healing her and seeking out an appropriate candidate for being the steward that would manage her estate and business.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: August 14, 2011, 04:57:10 pm »

((For those interested in having a magic character. Here are the first draft rules on the costs social and otherwise of using magic from page 50 or so.))

Rules on Magic

Also going to repeat my calls that an OOC thread be created.
OOC: I second the creation of an OOC thread, and thanks a huge amount for digging up that post, so with those rules by simply being a magical creature I don't use a power source at all though if I am given the ability to use magic by an admin (which I'm impassive to receiving) then it will most likely involve draining the lives of others though this will most likely have negative consequences for myself? Well if my understanding of this is correct I'm more than happy with those rules
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: August 14, 2011, 05:05:53 pm »

((No offense adwarf, but I'm against you re-joining the game. Sorry.  :-\))
((If thats how you feel its ok as my actions were immature, and idiotic))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: August 14, 2011, 05:07:07 pm »

OOC:
I agree that an OOC thread might be nice. It could also provide Iituem a chance to put some buffer posts in for rules and such.

The Eelspine Range, Late Autumn...

(Kytuzian 2-1) You do not make any significant progress, in fact you mostly just waste materials.

In Miring...

(Hans 5+1) With the current situation, you're able to buy 3 whole ducats worth of luxury goods for just 2 ducats. There's no way your ship will be able to carry all of that though, and you'll need to upgrade it with some more cargo holds if you want to carry more than 2 ducats worth of goods.

In Suul...

(Jarl Corv 2) Your men work to drill the radicals into fighting shape, but none of them are really cut out for the task of drill sergeant. No progress is made. (5) You are able to convince the radicals to go out and preach about their god's. This isn't really anything new in Suul, but the radicalness of their teachings stirs hearts for and against the cause -- mostly against, on account of this being Suul. (3) Luckily while such actions have caught the attention of the Archbishop's men, they don't really seem to care yet.

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: August 14, 2011, 05:19:08 pm »

Jormund is getting seriously frustrated that the land still isn't yielding to him, but there's not much he can do about it at this point. He decides he might as well wait until he can get some help with it, but in the meantime see if there's other ways of learning about tactics.

Wait and see if there's any way of getting help with the land or other ways to make it easier. Also, see if he can learn anything else about tactics without the help of the veteran.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #2112 on: August 14, 2011, 05:24:12 pm »

((GARGULROLFBLARG!!!!!!!!))

Good things there no time limit, thought Kytuzian. Else I might be dead now. Or at least tortured/#127ed.

From now own, make maps until I am done making them. Don't forget to make copies for myself of the permitted ones, and memorize the ones of the Zimtar regions.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: August 14, 2011, 05:24:47 pm »

((You have to be joking, my demon isn't even in proper existence yet and there's ALREADY demon hunters,  :'( oh dear... is that blind hunter one which I pecked the eyes out of then?))
OOC:

((You could change it a bit more where overshots (6), and critical fails (1) cause a massive increase in the mana drain, so that the player really takes a risk when using the powers. Of course this is just a suggestion to help you.))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: August 14, 2011, 05:27:33 pm »

OOC:
That still doesn't negate the fact that it basically turns magic into an RPG commodity, Adwarf. All it means is that there's a chance of that commodity being used faster.

This is a light magic game, and I'm going to come right out and say that I do not want to see people playing demons. Or really controlling demons easily, or making frequent use of magic as if it's just some frivolity that anyone who practices long enough can do. So while the other players and Iituem can certainly disagree with me, and even override me, here:
1. I do not want the mana concept implemented. This isn't Final Fantasy With Risks.
2. I do not want people playing demons or demons turned into crows. This is stupid, and if you want to rob people play a dude with a sword. Why was some apprentice even summoning some kind of fire demon to begin with?
3. I do not want people playing any character who treats magic like anything less than a dangerous tool at best and a nigh-uncontrollable weapon of potentially suicidal power at worst.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:32:49 pm by thatkid »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 188