Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185740 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Players welcome.)
« Reply #2085 on: August 14, 2011, 04:03:48 pm »

((Well if he is released would could restrain him by adding something to him like Mana which depletes each time he uses his powers,a dn if he rusn out he vanishes from this world. Then have Mana only restore over time, so that he can only do so much without having to rest, or rely on a human to do the dirty work.))

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: August 14, 2011, 04:05:19 pm »

((We're getting A LOT of ooc posts and chatter in this thread. This is very good.

It is also difficult to keep track of bolded actions. Thatkid/Ghazkull/Iterium perhaps we can make an ooc thread for character applications, rules questions and general chatter?))

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: August 14, 2011, 04:06:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How about Kaji (Means Uncontrolled fire in japanese)
((Perfect, Kaji it is, also I'm taking pre-emptive actions for if the pigeon is approved))
Kaji arrives in miring and after hatching a plan writes a note:

The pigeon is sentiment, ask it to perform a task as proof

With the scrap of paper in his beak Kaji lands in front of a peasant who walks past him, he flies in front of him again cutting of his path through the field. The farmer pulls the note from Kaji's beak and after a short frown looks to the bird tells it to hop twice circle his head and land in the same spot again. Annoyed at having to perform menial acts Kaji replies and then begins to write a second note:

I am a powerful magical being trapped in this body, let me lead you and I shall liberate you from the kingdom of Elbreth to create a new settlement far away.

The peasant mutters thinking himself to have had a bad dream and walks away

Try and recruit the local populace of Miring into a personal guard.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: August 14, 2011, 04:07:49 pm »

((Perfect, Kaji it is, also I'm taking pre-emptive actions for if the pigeon is approved))

With the scrap of paper in his beak Kaji lands in front of a peasant who walks past him, he flies in front of him again cutting of his path through the field. The farmer pulls the note from Kaji's beak and after a short frown looks to the bird tells it to hop twice circle his head and land in the same spot again. Annoyed at having to perform menial acts Kaji replies and then begins to write a second note:

I am a powerful magical being trapped in this body, let me lead you and I shall liberate you from the kingdom of Elbreth to create a new settlement far away.

((If you haven't been approved, you shouldn't be posting actions yet.))

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: August 14, 2011, 04:08:34 pm »

((on the other hand, imagining a demon pigeon trying to rule the world makes up for any OPness or UPness.))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: August 14, 2011, 04:09:15 pm »

((If you haven't been approved, you shouldn't be posting actions yet.))
((It was more to give an idea of how the character would act in-game than anything. And also I have no intention of giving the pigeon demon powers, merely political powers so as players have pointed out I can try to be a pigeon taking over the world which is so much more awesome than magic though I'd be open to maybe once a year or something being able to transform into a demon momentarily, something like that))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:15:19 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: August 14, 2011, 04:10:11 pm »

(( Yes, earn the fealty... by stabbing heaps of merchants, naturally. ::) ))
((any daughters yoink?))

((You can marry my paraplegic younger brother, if you pay me enough.
I'm willing to be open-minded if there's profit involved! xD ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: August 14, 2011, 04:13:44 pm »

((How does that look for a limiting released demons?))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: August 14, 2011, 04:15:01 pm »

(( Adwarf! No! You're playing a pirate, which is about as far away from the magic rules as we could put you! :D ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #2094 on: August 14, 2011, 04:16:02 pm »

((A homosexual-merchant-extortioner...Great. A homosexual-merchant-extorting-pigeon smoking while being fanned and eating grapes=EPIC))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: August 14, 2011, 04:18:02 pm »

(( Adwarf! No! You're playing a pirate, which is about as far away from the magic rules as we could put you! :D ))
((I know I was suggesting that to help the GMs get an idea for limiting how powerful a demon is. The only magic I want around my new character is a self loading, and firing cannon that says sarcastic smart-elic (No idea how to spell that) comments))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: August 14, 2011, 04:19:57 pm »

(( Yeah, but I just mean... I can see your eyes lighting up as you think up magic-related rules! D: And yes, your new character is good... We are having a sudden crime spike in the land. :P ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Mr. Pompular

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: August 14, 2011, 04:21:03 pm »

((20 pages of posts seem to have accumulated in the day I was away, so I'm going to assume I'm with Jormundur and the Doc.))

After helping the pair make their way back to the camp, Pompulion parted ways with Art and found a tent for himself. He laid low for awhile, taking a tent for himself and refusing visitors. Several days passed before the doctor came in person to ask for help, by this time Jormund was back on his feet, yet Ehndras's prognosis seemed fatal. Pompulion was wary in showing off his ablities, yet close examination of the sickly man proved what he expected, a splintered fragment of a shadeling had been forced into his body.

After he shared this bit of info with the doctor Pompulion finally introduced himself to the doctor and Jormund, "The name's Pompulion, and I practice sorcery. My latest task is hunting down those foul demons of the night, which is how I came across the blind hunter, and how I found you crawling out of that cave. My abilites are not of the spectacular variety, yet I'm skilled at dealing with the supernatural. That said I am here to help, and offer my services for no charge, albeit a roof over my head and 3 meals a day."

However under his hood he made a queer face, 'All my bumblings have somehow served a purpose, soon it all comes to fruition.'

After a few moments of mumbling to himself Pompulion realized there were other people in the room, he did his best to not look suprised and motioned the doctor over, "Now about the cursed one, I can think of two solutions. We can wait and see if he can fight it off on his own, or I can take matters into my own hands." He did not elaborate on what that meant but assured the doctor that it would be best if no one was around during the operation.

After the diagnosis and introductions, Pompulion offers his services as a sorcerer of the demon hunter variety. Afterward he tells the doctor he can cure Ehndras of his condition, yet doesn't explain the how.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: August 14, 2011, 04:22:28 pm »

OOC: I definitely missed people. Let me know if I missed you.

In other news, I'll go beat up the good Doctor and get him to do his Doctorin'

The King's Strategy Room, Mid-Autumn...

"We shall see. For now, I simply want you to foil any attempts at espionage or treason." Erik replied, a pleased smile on his face, "Once this war is done, we will see about settling more of the Eelspine range. A minister of such influential position as yourself deserves a title above that of a Marquess..."

In Sheepstead, Mid-Autumn...

(Sir Joseph 6) You extort the merchants, alright. You extort them for a whole ducat! Of course, you were maybe a little too obvious about it.
As you're making your way towards the castle, to meet the King of Elbreth and ask for land, a scarred, burly man steps up beside you. "You," he begins, his voice gruff "Come with me."
The man flashes a dagger, and you realize that the only other people on the street with you seem just as dangerous.

The King's Court, Mid-Autumn...

(Aussieguy's Character) The King's eyes widened in surprise as the bloody man entered his throne room. Upon seeing the man, Princess Kara abruptly put an end to one of her rare public appearances, rushing from the room accompanied by her ladies. "Bjorn," the King called out, rising to his feet and rushing forward, "Fetch a doctor."
Anticipating the King's intent, one of the guards rushed forward to aid the man in standing before Erik could get close enough to risk assassination.
"You will need to provide any information you can," Commander Leif stated as he wrapped an arm about the injured man's waist, "Where is your village? Where are these bandits? From where do they hail?"

The King's Court, Mid-Autumn...

(Silas 6) "As a free man, you stand for yourself in Elbrethian court," the King replied, "But the former gaoler, my own steward, and several guards have agreed to speak on your behalf and will do so in due time. If you wish to...contemplate how you will defend your actions, you may return to the dungeons for a week. I understand Berte has been trained as a scribe, and my Steward may be willing to explain the charges to you in detail."
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: August 14, 2011, 04:24:52 pm »

((You have to be joking, my demon isn't even in proper existence yet and there's ALREADY demon hunters,  :'( oh dear... is that blind hunter one which I pecked the eyes out of then?))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:26:34 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 188