Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185713 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Players welcome.)
« Reply #2055 on: August 14, 2011, 03:00:08 pm »

((You know, I am frankly surprised we haven't seen ANYTHING happening in (Redacted to protect the interests of my nextcharacter). Honestly. Its kind of sad. Extortion sounds interesting but are you really sure you want to do that in Elbreth? We do not have a good track record of being anything but cruel to criminals...))
Protecting merchants for pay is a crime? Since when?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: August 14, 2011, 03:01:54 pm »

((Why is it that immediately after I come up with a plan that requires the sea to be cleansed of pirates the sea is filled with pirates?))

((I'm a perfectly businessman-like pirate though ^.^ Sword for hire is better for all involved! We get paid, you get extra forces AND a scapegoat when things go south))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:03:49 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: August 14, 2011, 03:18:02 pm »

So what's the best way to make ducats?
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: August 14, 2011, 03:18:33 pm »

((LOOTING NOBLES!!))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: August 14, 2011, 03:20:07 pm »

((so will I be executed for extorting merchants?))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: August 14, 2011, 03:23:22 pm »

((Not if you pay the king ;D))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: August 14, 2011, 03:24:12 pm »

((so will I be executed for extorting merchants?))
OOC: not sure, but if you don't get caught then never

P.S: Does my charchter have the go ahead from you guys in general and an admin? it's the last post on page 137
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:27:08 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: August 14, 2011, 03:25:04 pm »

((You -did- just stab some merchant to death. :P
I'm guessing Iiteum's gonna handle the rolls for my action, so I'm just waitin'. ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: August 14, 2011, 03:28:31 pm »

Pay off corrupt guards with 1/10 of my earnings
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:33:14 pm by Elfeater »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: August 14, 2011, 03:31:31 pm »

OOC:
Sorry, I've been dealing with some other stuff so no IC posting yet.

King Erik is an honorable sort. This is well known: King William was a departure from the line of Elbreth's Kings in that he didn't really do anything at all...he was kind of ineffective. King Erik takes after his grandfather, who was also a bit of a departure from the line, but was honorable and did try to keep his kingdom in order. You're probably better off not letting him know about your extortion. Now, corrupt guards? Maybe you could bribe them.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: August 14, 2011, 03:33:53 pm »

OOC:
Sorry, I've been dealing with some other stuff so no IC posting yet.

King Erik is an honorable sort. This is well known: King William was a departure from the line of Elbreth's Kings in that he didn't really do anything at all...he was kind of ineffective. King Erik takes after his grandfather, who was also a bit of a departure from the line, but was honorable and did try to keep his kingdom in order. You're probably better off not letting him know about your extortion. Now, corrupt guards? Maybe you could bribe them.
((what about that parcel?))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: August 14, 2011, 03:35:46 pm »

((Yeh gotta earn it first.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: August 14, 2011, 03:36:53 pm »

((I am a loyal subject what more could he ask?))

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: August 14, 2011, 03:38:36 pm »

((I am a loyal subject what more could he ask?))
((2 ductats per year in rent  :P))
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: August 14, 2011, 03:41:10 pm »

Ashton: There is a post wayyyy back (and maybe edited into the OP) about magic and stuff. You should read it, and then post a detailed list of your powers, abilities, backstory, etc. for the Iituem and the Co-GMs (myself and Ghazkull) to vote on/balance (with the input of the other players, usually). We're very wary of supernatural characters, and so they need to be given the OK before they can be played. In some instances they can be pretty fun, the recent Shadeling incursions into the Highlands are an example of that, but in many situations they have far too much room for abuse or other shenanigans that detract from the game as a whole.

Brackets are used for Out Of Character speech. I sometimes use them, sometimes I just denote OOC: and then separate from IC with a line. Other people use just, like, just () or [] or whatever. You can do whatever you want in that regard, for the most part.

It's nice to wake up to around 10 pages of posts here again. Replies and rolls in a little bit.

OOC:

Well I looked through the first 13 pages and the OP but couldn't find the post on magic you mentioned but here's the character details you asked for:

Backstory
A fledgling flame demon was summoned to the surface in 304b by a training magician, due to a flaw in the spell Excalibur (The demon) escaped after killing the young wizard, his mentor tracked the demon and after three weeks found the demon and to render him weak trapped him in the body of a pigeon which caused Excalibur to lose all his magical abilities and physical strength, just before escaping the pigeon pecked out the wizards eyes, this would become his signature move.

Powers
Immune to aging
This is just so the demon doesn't drop dead after old age way to soon in the game.

Abilities
Writing
Excalibur quickly worked out how to communicate through writing, hence he always has tied to his legs paper and a stick of charcoal.
Flight
As a pigeon Excalibur can fly moving from place to place quickly and also escape battle normally unless injured.
Beak
With practice Excalibur has become fairly nimble with his beak, he can can tie knots and carry small objects around with him. His crafting ability extends as far as simple rope mechanisms though is limited by his weak physical strength.

((It dosen't seem too OP but Excalibur was mentioned in adwarf's OP character. It was a sword back then. I really don't have many problems with your character, except for being a demon. That seems overpowering even if its lacking in power. Also I don't see how a pigeon's going to converse with anyone else. Course I'm not the GM so just go ignore me.))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 188