Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185752 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Players welcome.)
« Reply #2040 on: August 14, 2011, 02:37:11 pm »

(( It's all up to the GMs.
In my own opinion, using treachery and cunning to claw your way up the political ladder, or swinging swords to gain fame, is a bit more fun than just LOLFIREWALLx100! :P But yeah, as long as the GM's okay with it, you can do it.

Brackets are used for OOC text, bold is used for actions, to highlight them to make it easier on the GMs.
Oh, yay! GM's here. :P ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: August 14, 2011, 02:37:53 pm »

((@Ghazkull: I'll have your head as a trophy for honour!))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: August 14, 2011, 02:39:19 pm »

((Oh I thought I could post if you want I will go ahead, and remove it as I thought I could post, but I will wait I didn't mean to rush it))

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: August 14, 2011, 02:39:59 pm »

((honor is not spelled honour spell check on iPad ftw))
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: August 14, 2011, 02:40:30 pm »

(( @Adwarf: Just save the post in notepad if needs be. ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: August 14, 2011, 02:41:11 pm »

US or british spellchecker?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: August 14, 2011, 02:42:05 pm »

OOC:
Taricus is from the UK, perhaps?

Also: If anyone is looking for a response, please let me know. I'm going back through around 8 pages of posts (or something like that) so that will not only help me, but also help to ensure I don't miss your post.
I will not be making posts related to the war in Preston or the Subjugation of Miring, but I can make posts for independents in the area or anyone else anywhere else.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: August 14, 2011, 02:42:32 pm »

((Time to make a grand speech to the crew))

Hobble out of the captain's quarters onto the deck to make a speech

"Ow. " Pretend to walk back inside

"I jest...sorta. Honestly, ow. I applaud my companions here for their assistance this night. I would surely be dead without them right now, so truly - thank you both. In the meantime, screw d'Avistral and his idiocy. We're leaving, but we're still getting paid..."

Take assessment of the location of the remaining Miring 'fleet'. Make the other sloop known of our plans to leave, the suicide of staying, and the promise of REAL pirate looting

ALSO: Take inventory of the ship (captain's stash, etc)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 02:44:49 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: August 14, 2011, 02:42:56 pm »

US or british spellchecker?
(( probably us and I think being a vampire would be awesome))
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: August 14, 2011, 02:44:11 pm »

OOC: Australian. Also, I'm going to keep this post for some information on military reforms.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: August 14, 2011, 02:46:21 pm »

((Why is it that immediately after I come up with a plan that requires the sea to be cleansed of pirates the sea is filled with pirates?))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: August 14, 2011, 02:50:29 pm »

Will I gain ducats from extortion?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: August 14, 2011, 02:57:33 pm »

((You know, I am frankly surprised we haven't seen ANYTHING happening in (Redacted to protect the interests of my nextcharacter). Honestly. Its kind of sad. Extortion sounds interesting but are you really sure you want to do that in Elbreth? We do not have a good track record of being anything but cruel to criminals...))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: August 14, 2011, 02:57:44 pm »

Locanil paced the archives. Not enough time and too much work. There had been little progress on the histories and the deadline was not too far away. Even if they worked everyday, all night and day, without breaks Locanil doubted that the commission could be completed in the time allocated. Never the less, even if they did fail to do the task in time, they would still complete it, without pay. These histories would go on to educate hundreds, perhaps even thousands...Mere money is not something that should block the way to enlightenment...

Action- Work on the commission.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: August 14, 2011, 02:59:56 pm »

Ashton: There is a post wayyyy back (and maybe edited into the OP) about magic and stuff. You should read it, and then post a detailed list of your powers, abilities, backstory, etc. for the Iituem and the Co-GMs (myself and Ghazkull) to vote on/balance (with the input of the other players, usually). We're very wary of supernatural characters, and so they need to be given the OK before they can be played. In some instances they can be pretty fun, the recent Shadeling incursions into the Highlands are an example of that, but in many situations they have far too much room for abuse or other shenanigans that detract from the game as a whole.

Brackets are used for Out Of Character speech. I sometimes use them, sometimes I just denote OOC: and then separate from IC with a line. Other people use just, like, just () or [] or whatever. You can do whatever you want in that regard, for the most part.

It's nice to wake up to around 10 pages of posts here again. Replies and rolls in a little bit.

OOC:

Well I looked through the first 13 pages and the OP but couldn't find the post on magic you mentioned but here's the character details you asked for:

Backstory
A fledgling flame demon was summoned to the surface in 304b by a training magician, due to a flaw in the spell Excalibur (The demon) escaped after killing the young wizard, his mentor tracked the demon and after three weeks found the demon and to render him weak trapped him in the body of a pigeon which caused Excalibur to lose all his magical abilities and physical strength, just before escaping the pigeon pecked out the wizards eyes, this would become his signature move.

Powers
Immune to aging
This is just so the demon doesn't drop dead after old age way to soon in the game.

Abilities
Writing
Excalibur quickly worked out how to communicate through writing, hence he always has tied to his legs paper and a stick of charcoal.
Flight
As a pigeon Excalibur can fly moving from place to place quickly and also escape battle normally unless injured.
Beak
With practice Excalibur has become fairly nimble with his beak, he can can tie knots and carry small objects around with him. His crafting ability extends as far as simple rope mechanisms though is limited by his weak physical strength.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:04:11 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 188