Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185640 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Players welcome.)
« Reply #1965 on: August 14, 2011, 06:14:29 am »

((Oh well nevermind, but I expect the king to be confused as to why wolves attacked and how the won))

((Dire Wolves are massive, and can easily kill a human before they kill them, so it could be Dire Wolves that attacked.))

((Well, that's a bit hard to say, seeing as Dire Wolves are extinct IRL.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: August 14, 2011, 06:18:39 am »

((Oh well nevermind, but I expect the king to be confused as to why wolves attacked and how the won))

((Dire Wolves are massive, and can easily kill a human before they kill them, so it could be Dire Wolves that attacked.))

((Well, that's a bit hard to say, seeing as Dire Wolves are extinct IRL.))
((I am going by the fantasy ones, so yep its hard to tell if they actually were massive in IRL, or if they could stand up to a human, but of course it could have just been alot of wolves controlled by a druid that attacked. As long as it makes since. Also I was wondering if its alright to come back into the game since it has been a while, adn I have an idea that isn't insane, and that doesn't give me a ton of power right from the start.))

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1967 on: August 14, 2011, 06:24:30 am »

((adwarf!? I Thought we killed him!  Git you ghost, Git!   Anyway Dire could work))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: August 14, 2011, 06:25:12 am »

((adwarf!? I Thought we killed him!  Git you ghost, Git!   Anyway Dire could work))
(( :( Thats mean :(, but yes Dire could work.))

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: August 14, 2011, 06:26:19 am »

((What exactly is your idea anyway?As in what character you've thought up? Please be balanced...By all means, go summon demons, they've been somewhat balanced.))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 06:28:26 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: August 14, 2011, 06:26:59 am »

((You showed you weren't capable of playing maturely and without godmodding, so you were kicked out. I rather doubt you've suddenly learned to play properly.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: August 14, 2011, 06:29:14 am »

((He might have though. Just get him to post his character and background. Perhaps he's changed.))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: August 14, 2011, 06:30:25 am »

((You showed you weren't capable of playing maturely and without godmodding, so you were kicked out. I rather doubt you've suddenly learned to play properly.))
((I was just being stupid, and trying to make it were I would reahc my goal, but that was idiotic, and doing that didn't make it fun, because it caused arguments, but if me wanting to come back in starts more arguments then nevermind as I don't wish to start a fight. Anyway it seems its no longer wolves, but bandits that attacked the village that will work I quess, but I liked the wolf idea better. Also thanks micelus))

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: August 14, 2011, 06:32:44 am »

((I just really want to see the character. I mean I'm really curious if your definition of balanced is the same as the other players. Please post it.))
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1974 on: August 14, 2011, 06:33:58 am »

((Am I done making the maps already? Or was that just a small portion of the Eelspine?))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: August 14, 2011, 06:41:06 am »

((Here was the character I was going to play as.))

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: August 14, 2011, 06:44:06 am »

I'll wait until I get Knave's/Kaguro's call on any tactical designs before running the battle.  After the battle, Winter will begin.

Fakedit:  Oh hells, 9 posts.  Let's deal with this first, then.

Kytuzian:  Your maps are done of northern Eelspine, but the physical map will have to wait until I'm done making it.  There will be some points of interest as well.

adwarf:  You were banned previously, but I am a firm believer in people's ability to learn.  Post your character summary here and if I think it's balanced I may let you back in on a probationary basis.  Emphasis on the probationary; I banned you in the first place because of player complaints.

Real Edit:  Starting forces are broken, but I'd be willing to let you start out with a standard warship in place of a personal guard.  I'm wary about this character right now.  I'll mull it over.

Except that, intervention of magic notwithstanding, they don't exist.  And if they're going to exist as a result of magical intervention, I'd rather it be a player wizard that did it.

On the subject of wolf attacks, whilst wolves are unlikely to attack humans in general, the fear of wolf attacks is pretty valid.  But I have to admit there aren't many incidents recorded where wolves would ever risk attacking a village.  Bandits is pretty cool though, and to settle disputes on location I'll just rule that Zandor's village is in the eastern part of Elbreth, near the Miring border.

Drua will find her Suulian healer and ask him to accompany her to Elbreth. Once she makes it to Elbreth, gather all herbal, alchemical, and cartography supplies and purchase a cart. Head to her Miring estate, and begin managing the business. Raise her personal guard again, and assign it to defend her estate from any turmoil.

Fortunately, your estate is too small to take away your attention from managing the business.  Everything gets into place quite smoothly, smoothly enough that by the end of the season you are reasonably sure you can leave a steward in place to run the business for you should you desire to venture elsewhere.  You cannot raise another personal guard this year since your last guard defected to Terenos.  Hopefully by spring things will have settled down enough in the estate for you to recruit a new crop of volunteers to serve with you.

The business will earn 5 Ducats/year.

Have Waery inject me with any remains of that painkiller stuff Drua made, then have him send some men to go look around for any refugee doctors of any quality around the city/camp, bringing them to my tent.

((Also, lol at Taric 'The Just'... "I think he's... In Preston... Well, I think that means we could off him more easily and blame in on Preston." xD ))

[4]  Ah, bliss.  You feel all your aches and troubles just float away.  [4]  Waery brings back a Prestoner doctor who was caught outside the fort when the siege started.  He seems rather resigned to his capture, though secure in the knowledge that doctors tend not to be executed for being on the other side (because who wants to waste a doctor?).  What do you want with him?

((Refusing to give taxes on that money, Taric, is pratically treason.   :D))

Search Banquo's house and property for any hidden objects or other things...

[2]  Banquo didn't have a house, he had a bunk in the barracks.  You force the lock open on his chest of possessions but don't find much beyond some tawdry personal items of little worth.  There's a small sack of silver coins, but not enough to be worth noting.  You could buy your guards a few rounds of drinks with it, but that's all.

Quote from: Locanil
Rest.  Do not progress with project.

You of course rest, but because the penalty to your work was an artificially introduced penalty to make your bloodletting have some meaning you would still suffer the penalty on your next attempt anyway.  All delaying would do is lose you time towards finishing the project.

[5+1-1] Your scribes decide not to wait and get on with the work.  Mostly they just work on repairing their earlier errors, but a small amount of work gets done.  [Progress 1, Time: 2]  There is a great concern that it may not be physicially possible to complete the project within the allotted time, though.  You will either have to get very lucky or take extraordinary measures.

Quote from: Zimtar Clan
Check the quality of the bedrock

[6]  Concealed amongst the frustratingly hard rocks are several deposits of copper ore!  You now would have access to the resource... but having bent your tools out of shape have no way of extracting it.  It will not be available until the tools are repaired in Spring.

Quote from: Jormund
Claim land in Weyland.

[2-1]  You strike out on your own and try to resettle that parcel once more, but face the same problems you did originally.  It looks like you'll need help again.  On the bright side this time you are not attacked by a horde of strange, shadowy monsters.

Organize a house with an office and rent a warehouse and hire workers, all for 3 Ducats of credit (I hope that is sufficient).

If you were purchasing the warehouse, house and the like and aiming to set up a dock-side business, 3 Ducats would be very sufficient.  You'd make a Ducat/year in profit on shipping and handling.  Sadly, this isn't an option for you because the Guild only extends credit for a year and you wouldn't be able to make the money back in time.

The good news is that wages and rent are dirt cheap right now, so you are able to secure not only a spare office and warehouse space until the end of the year, but dockworkers and the hire of a ship for the low, low price of 1 Ducat.  This should set you up in fine stead for any active trading you engage in.

Be sure to pay off all your debts by next Autumn, or the Guild will forcibly install you in debtor's prison for the rest of your life.

Debt:  1 Ducat
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 06:45:57 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: August 14, 2011, 06:44:14 am »

((Am I done making the maps already? Or was that just a small portion of the Eelspine?))
i think you have made just a small portion
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: August 14, 2011, 06:47:16 am »

((Wow, that is a lot of pirates and traders turning up recently. I guess any war always attracts carrion birds.))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: August 14, 2011, 06:48:25 am »

(( The warship is fine, but can it have to be repaired before I can take it out to seas like I would need to pay a ducat, ro more to fix it? Also can someone point me to the latest end year post?))

EDIT:
((My stuff would be like follows correct?))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:00:03 am by adwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 188