Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185654 times)

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Players welcome.)
« Reply #1950 on: August 13, 2011, 09:17:15 pm »

Manning and his crew will attempt to take out the important officers in the back of the army during the battle to cause a flank or severe confusion. This is not a frontal warfare roll, it's more of a surgical strike. If this is not allowed, or fails miserably, the crew will behave as a normal regiment in the battle.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: August 13, 2011, 09:44:48 pm »

((Hey, the king gets a cut too :P))
((I also expect one ducat for defending your city. This isn't sarcasm.))
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:27:08 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: August 13, 2011, 11:06:59 pm »

Jormund is glad that Johnston was able to set his arm, but still worried about Ehndras. However, there isn't much he can do to help because he has little knowledge of medicines and illnesses. The only good thing that came out of this is that Jormund can now get back to his previous tasks without fear of the shadow beasts ((at least I really hope so)). Jormund asks Johnston if there's anything that needs to be done, and if not he heads back to see if he can finally claim the land that he's been trying to.

Unless told otherwise by Johnston, attempt to claim the land in the Highlands.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1953 on: August 13, 2011, 11:51:06 pm »

The Nahk of the Zimtar raider clan is working.
"Before I go, will you tell me who you are? You seem un-Suulian like, and they are the only ones whom I know to live in this mountain?" asked Kytuzian.
"We are the Zimtar raider clan of the Ztah now go"
Nahk state: content
The Nahk is the leader of my clan aka me

Check the quality of the bedrock

Spoiler: Ztah (Zimtar raiders) (click to show/hide)

Commander Zacmar learning progress: not arrived

Commander Zacmar troop learning progress: not arrived

ETA: start of winter
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: August 14, 2011, 12:36:03 am »

Spirits...so much like mortals and yet so different, Locanil thought. The pact was sealed, and a price made; many would die, hopefully all enemy soldiers....

Locanil should write a book of spirits some day, as a manual for novices. But now was a time for rest; no attempt at the contract would be made; everytime he wasn't present the students/scribes messed up.

Action- Rest. Don't work on the commission (including the scribes).
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: August 14, 2011, 01:51:38 am »

Zandor limped his way through to the king, fear on his face. His hands are bloodied as he holds his leg where crimson blood is releasing. The blood is dripping on the floor, staining the rugs and seeping through to the rock. Around his torso is a hunting bow, and quiver, with no arrows, on his waist is a sheath, holding a rusted short sword.

"My king, my village was attacked by bandits" He shivered as the pain was taking it's toll on his aged body "I...I tried to fight them back, but they were too many. I don't know how many survived. Please, send some men there...You could still save some innocent villagers"

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 02:39:18 am by AussieGuy »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1956 on: August 14, 2011, 02:16:02 am »

Zandor limped his way through to the king, fear on his face. His hands are bloodied as he holds his leg where crimson blood is releasing. The blood is dripping on the floor, staining the rugs and seeping through to the rock. Around his torso is a hunting bow, and quiver, with no arrows, on his waist is a sheath, holding a rusted short sword.

"My king, my village was attacked by wolves" He shivered as the pain was taking it's toll on his aged body "I...I tried to fight them back, but they were too many. I don't know how many survived. Please, send some men there...You could still save some innocent villagers"

((I may have missed something and this may be a trap and if it is nevermind, but I should point out the flaws.
1. Attacked by wolves?  No that would never happen ever.  Even if it did a group of humans could easily kill a pack of wolves.
2. I'm not sure were the king is, but if he's in his court (unlikely) you walked all the way from your village to the kings court to tell him that some back woods town got attacked by wolves?  Why would he care, and why would he send men when there's probably not even any survivors from this crazy wolf attack?
3. Granted if your somewhere in Preston or Miring were its' more likely the king is (I should really pay attention), then maybe he'll send someone, if it wasn't the fact that he's not the king of Preston, and Miring is still in turmoil or something.

Really I just don't buy wolf attack, change it to bandit))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: August 14, 2011, 02:38:52 am »

"My king, my village was attacked by wolves" He shivered as the pain was taking it's toll on his aged body "I...I tried to fight them back, but they were too many. I don't know how many survived. Please, send some men there...You could still save some innocent villagers"

((I may have missed something and this may be a trap and if it is nevermind, but I should point out the flaws.
1. Attacked by wolves?  No that would never happen ever.  Even if it did a group of humans could easily kill a pack of wolves.
2. I'm not sure were the king is, but if he's in his court (unlikely) you walked all the way from your village to the kings court to tell him that some back woods town got attacked by wolves?  Why would he care, and why would he send men when there's probably not even any survivors from this crazy wolf attack?
3. Granted if your somewhere in Preston or Miring were its' more likely the king is (I should really pay attention), then maybe he'll send someone, if it wasn't the fact that he's not the king of Preston, and Miring is still in turmoil or something.

Really I just don't buy wolf attack, change it to bandit))
((This is fantasy, right? I was going to write some sort of story about a evil druid that controlled the wolves, making them stronger and more organised, but you know, whatever, I'll change it to bandits))

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1958 on: August 14, 2011, 02:43:16 am »

((Oh well nevermind, but I expect the king to be confused as to why wolves attacked and how the won))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: August 14, 2011, 02:53:12 am »

((It's up to you, really, I mean... Sure you could've gone to a sheriff or minor noble, but if your village was near the Capital and you saw this tragedy as a good excuse to finally meet the king, well... :P If you want to change to bandits, they could always have been aided by weird magic-wolf-type stuff. *shrug* ))

Trubaldsome, back in his tent, flopped down on a folding canvas chair, liberally padded with cushions, with a sigh of relief.
"Waery, have a check in my bags, would you? See if there's any of that painkiller left..."
As Waery went to look through his lord's pile of luggage, Trubaldsome shifted in his chair, wincing from a stab of pain, then managed a weak grin.
"You know Waery, this Aulon yl Marchis could prove to be rather useful, in the long-term." He rain a hand through his hair, over his clammy scalp. "His father is the ruler of some place or other, the Storm Coast, yes... An agreement with them could bring valuable manpower, which we shall most definitely need to get the throne from that god-damned scum-licking Leuki. Why, I've waited years for this, with his court half-dead..."
Trubaldsome groaned suddenly, squinting his eyes shut, then produced his fancy snuffbox, now repaired and refilled, taking a couple of quick, frantic sniffs.
"Hurry up with that Waery, I feel awful... Perhaps there's some doctor in this place, somewhere."

Have Waery inject me with any remains of that painkiller stuff Drua made, then have him send some men to go look around for any refugee doctors of any quality around the city/camp, bringing them to my tent.

((Also, lol at Taric 'The Just'... "I think he's... In Preston... Well, I think that means we could off him more easily and blame in on Preston." xD ))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 08:48:24 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: August 14, 2011, 02:54:55 am »

((And d'Avistral is totally considering it!))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: August 14, 2011, 04:19:06 am »

((Ok, seems I'm off to a good start. I wouldn't be worried about the trading rules for now, I will be mixing a lot of politics with it.))

Miring certainly was an interesting place to be at this time, Hans thought. If the weapons-luxuries-sword coast opportunity is to be seized, this is the time. True, its under temporary occupation and the current arrangements won't last long, but the trade deals afterwards will be worth more than this. And the credit can be exploited as an edge against the locals, who seem to know only how to sell grain to the neighbouring village. Besides, trade with home isn't the only thing Hans sets out to do...
After a meal and a night at the inn, Hans sets out once again to the city. A suitable (and secure) locale has to be found for a merchant's office, a warehouse rented and people hired. Putting his personal charm into gear, Hans sets out to build foundations for his trade empire.
"My dear fellow, do you mind telling me where I can find a suitable location for a merchant such as me?" Hans aked a decently dressed man who stood in the port, giving out orders to dock workers.
"For start, I am not your fellow, and yes, I know where you can find something. If you ask around main city sqare, traders there should have something, unless they moved out or the place got looted."
There will be more conversations like that, But Hans was undeterred in his quest for basic office space. He had coin on his side after all.

Organize a house with an office and rent a warehouse and hire workers, all for 3 Ducats of credit (I hope that is sufficient).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:48:26 am by Ardas »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: August 14, 2011, 05:45:16 am »

Let it be known that I'm attempting a chronology/atleast a list of characters in Storybook. That's 131 pages to go through, humh.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: August 14, 2011, 05:51:13 am »

((Well, its a brilliant story that people created so far, so turning it into a condensed, readable format will be for everyone's benefit.))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: August 14, 2011, 06:11:47 am »

((Oh well nevermind, but I expect the king to be confused as to why wolves attacked and how the won))

((Dire Wolves are massive, and can easily kill a human before they kill them, so it could be Dire Wolves that attacked.))
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 188