Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185600 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1875 on: August 13, 2011, 01:52:49 am »

OOC:
We haven't really made much of a reference to Suulian culture, but it's an Archbishopric where the church holds all the power. And by that, I mean ALL of it. The only person capable of raising regiments is the Archbishop.
So...considering the real world Papacy is the closest we've got to that (that I can think of), maybe they've got a culture similar to that of Italy?  I don't know
Let's see what other people think Suul should be like, and take the most popular idea! :D
We're sure to get something far more interesting that way.

I'm going to assume I'm from Suul then, and that's exactly why I left.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: August 13, 2011, 02:55:00 am »

((I just noticed this, is it too late to join?))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: August 13, 2011, 03:05:24 am »

((@Yoink - damn, Aulon does have much to discuss. Oh well, I can wait until tomorrow.))

'I knew you'd see sense.' Aulon said, leading Trubaldsome down the road to his tent. His bodyguard, the ever-silent Asate, was watching as two camp followers rolled heavy food barrels inside. The young lord waved them away. The slave-warrior let them inside, glaring at Waery with a hand on his blade.

The pair made their way to the makeshift table in the corner of the tent. Aulon found two wooden cups and filled them to the brink with wine. They quickly settled into drinking and talking, the first bottle emptying up quickly.

'... then you wouldn't believe what our herbalists can cook up back home. We need to get you up to the Coast as soon as possible, my friend!' Aulon finished saying, stuffing another chunk of dry bread into his mouth. He grimaced. There was a natural break in conversation, and Aulon used the time to look at Lord Trubaldsome. He seemed to be enjoying himself, from what Aulon could tell. Hopefully, his mind was still sharp enough for his purposes.

Lord yl Marchis smiled and leaned closer over the table.

'Say, I seem to have forgotten... how closely related are you to the king of Miring? In terms of, err, succession?'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: August 13, 2011, 03:13:08 am »

Its never too late. People are joining all the time. Just don't be too op or anime'sh. People seem to hate that.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: August 13, 2011, 03:48:12 am »

Its never too late. People are joining all the time. Just don't be too op or anime'sh. People seem to hate that.

((OH MAN I WONDER WHY PEOPLE WOULD HATE THAT))

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: August 13, 2011, 03:59:55 am »

Yeah I hate anime characters too. But I'm not exactly sure why so I just said seems.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: August 13, 2011, 04:24:05 am »

Yeah I hate anime characters too. But I'm not exactly sure why so I just said seems.

((I like anime, but there's a time and a place for it.))

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: August 13, 2011, 04:24:44 am »

Anime characters I said. Not actual anime
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: August 13, 2011, 07:13:52 am »

On the way to Suul Corv had seen some signs of Cyclist presence. Bakc at the Storm Coast they had never been a strong movement but it seems here even Crusader Armies were roaming the land. This could prove useful...but first they needed to get into the city. Some monk costumes would be helpful at that.

bandit the roads of Suul and try to ambush caravans of monks to get their clothes... and some money would also be nice. Then try to smuggle Corv and the regiment into the city.

((is "needed" actually existing? sounds strange to me...hmmm how high would be the chances to smuggle me and my men into the city inciting religious unrest and then topple the city into complete chaos of religious zealotry and riots?))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: August 13, 2011, 07:29:29 am »

Trubaldsome was chatting away quite amicably, his tongue loosened and his discomfort eased by the fine wine.
He nodded his head thoughtfully when Aulon boasted of his homeland, then took another swig of wine, narrowing his eyes thoughtfully at the question before
giving a shrug of his shoulders.
"Oh, my eldest brother Leuki? Never got on well with him, oh no. Arrogant bastard, thinking he's better for being the first son, you know?"
He grimaced and shook his head, then leaned fowards, raising his brows and speaking to yl Marchis in a hushed voice.
"You know, my friend, my father Langsaffryn did not simply drift off in his sleep one night or something, oh no. Made of weathered granite father was, would've lasted another twenty years at the least, I should think. Leuki killed him."
After dropping this supposed bombshell, Trubaldsome sat back in his seat with a slow nod, before raising his cup for another sip, glancing briefly at Waery, seated by the door. "Well, as for sucession... After that fiend Lueki there is the second brother, Chicane, although I would hardly factor him into any calculations, he's most likely dead." He paused to let out a small burp, smothering it daintily with a hand.
"Pardon me. Anyway, yes, No-one's seen Chicane in years. Odd fellow, though at least preferable to Leuki. And then there's me."
He shrugged, then held out his cup for a refill. Somewhere in his tipsiness he obviously realised the importance of what he was saying, as he bared his teeth slightly in a small grin and raised his eyebrows.
"One could say I'm the heir to the throne of Miring! That bastard Leuki'll doubtless get himself killed sooner or later, even if I don't manage to do it myself. He's not well-liked, look at the goings-on in his court of late."
He tipped his head to one side, causing an alarming shift of feathers, the weight nearly pulling his hat from his head.
"Naturally, I would not quickly forget my friends and allies, should I take the throne." He pressed his lips into a small smile, and his eyes gleamed. Suddenly he did not seem quite so drunk. "Nor my enemies."

He relaxed back in his seat to sip at his wine, waiting for yl Marchis to speak now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: August 13, 2011, 07:46:41 am »

'Really? I thought you were a distant cousin or similar!' Aulon exclaimed. 'Err... no offense.'

Aulon glanced at Waery. He'd never seen Trubaldsome without that man, so it probably would be in vain to try to get him outside.

'Well, this is excellent, Your Majesty!' the young lord continued, pouring more wine into their cups. 'After all this is over and you've taken the throne - I doubt there will be any problems with that - I have a... business proposition for you. Miring is a remarkable kingdom already, but it could be much, much richer. I think we ought to start up trade with my father. Sure, there's a few merchant ships that come by every now and then, but imagine what an organized route of commerce could do. Hundreds - no, thousands - of my father's ships, filled to the brink with the best trade goods in the region. Grain, wine and grapes, high-quality Mocenean lumber, myriad fabrics and cloths, dyes of all colours - we could even bring in some slaves from inland, if you're interested. There's much more, but I fear I'd lose my voice if I tried to list them all.'

Aulon leaned back in his chair. 'Of course, you'd have to provide protection for our ships. The sea's swarming with pirates these days.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: August 13, 2011, 07:58:15 am »

OOC:  Just a short note to say that I won't be able to do a post for about ten hours or so.  Was busy last night with the play, got another performance tonight and tomorrow.

Regarding Suul:  Culturally, we're closer in keeping to the semi middle-european feel of the surrounding kingdoms, but it is most certainly an autocratic theocracy.  The Archbishop (as correctly surmised) does not use a vassalage system, despite the fact that this forces a smaller army on him than vassals would allow.  Suul is loosely modelled on the Reformation-Era Germanic archbishoprics, like Salzburg and Trier, though its naval ambitions bring it more into line with the Knights of St John theme as well.

Regarding Anime characters:  We dislike anime characters because they are overpowered.  Fine for anime (where this is often the point) but not so fine for a roleplaying game.  What we really dislike is ripping anime characters outright (cunningly concealed Expys are fine), as it shows a deplorable lack of creativity.

Micelus:  Either Thatkid or I can handle your progress rolls with the contract, though I'll probably do them for the most part.

Help Terenos with settling the population down.

[2]  Despite your combined efforts, the population is simmering at best.  They won't openly rebel without good reason, but there is much demand for the true king of Miring's return.

Locanil's Contract:  [1+1]  Unfortunately, things do not get off to a fantastic start.  There is a mix-up amongst the scribes when starting out and several faded scrolls due for copying are accidentally written over.  Fortunately, the damage is not irreparable, but it will cost you time to rescribe them onto fresh parchment and delay your progress significantly.  [Progress: -1/9, Time Left: 4 tries]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: August 13, 2011, 08:36:41 am »

(I'm going to go along with the fact that I guess we made it back successfully to Johnston's land, because there really isn't much to do back at the cave like was pointed out.)

Jormund was thankful of the strangers help in getting back but he still didn't know much about him he realized. "So what is your name and where do you come from?" he asked the stranger that had helped them. "I'm greatful for the aid you provided us, but we still don't know much about you. I think it's necessary for me to take you to see Dr. Johnston before we do anything else. He'll at least be somewhat interested in you, and grateful that you helped us."

Unless Pompular objects take him to meet Dr. Johnston. While I'm back also take some time to recover and try and heal my shield arm.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: August 13, 2011, 08:53:47 am »

The Nahk of the Zimtar raider clan is thinking.
Nahk state: content
The Nahk is the leader of my clan aka me

my personal regiment shall search for easy paths to the steppe
some goat herders will search for more people making maps of the mountains and invite them back to the cave
loot equipment off of the dead guards then bury the bodies

Spoiler: Ztah (Zimtar raiders) (click to show/hide)

Commander Zacmar learning progress: not arrived

Commander Zacmar troop learning progress: not arrived

ETA: start of winter
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: August 13, 2011, 09:23:38 am »

As yl Marchis and Trubaldsome left for the evening to enjoy each other's company and a fine cask of wine, Knavston was left alone in his command tent. Lighting a few meagre candles, the Grand Master set back to work ensuring that proper plans were drawn up in case of battle. Every regiment captain was under orders to ensure the regiments were kept practising so they would not become complacent.

After he had finished with his preparations, he set to work penning a 2nd letter, this one addressed to the commander of the Prestoner Army to the south.

My Lord,

My name is Knavston Black and I speak for this Army and the King of Elbreth, Erik. As I understand it, you have refused my messenger when he asked for parley, yet you have not made moves to attack. I must begin to think there are other factors that cause you to delay.

I would very much like to hear these reasons and come to a conclusion that both sides find beneficial. There is no sense in this confrontation to have to come to blows. I believe that you will find that King Erik and I can be very generous to those we consider friends and allies.

Please come meet with us at Noon tomorrow, we will guarantee you and your envoys safety while you are here under a banner of peace.

May God and fire be with you,

Grand Master of the Order of the Burning Flame
Knavston Black

Have regiment continue light drills to maintain preparedness for the upcoming battle
Send a letter to the Southern Prestoner Army asking to reconsider their refusal to talk.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 188