Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185583 times)

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1845 on: August 12, 2011, 08:55:01 am »

((Woah Woah Whoa... Who says I write my name on the maps...I know I wouldn't have done that.))
well then who wrote your name on the map then?
also you take ages to make a map and then some random comes along and steals it and pretends that they discovered these place and made these maps taking all of your glory away
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:56:55 am by NoahTophatz »
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: August 12, 2011, 09:00:33 am »

Lord Aulon yl Marchis popped his head into the command tent, placed a grin on his mouth and strode in carrying several bottles of expensive wine.

'My friends!' Aulon exclaimed. 'How good to see you! I was just passing by, and thought to check in.' He set the bottles down ontop of the map, motioning triumphantly. 'Look what I found down in the docks! Genuine, Storm Coast wine! In a backwater like this! Who would've thought!'

He let his gaze wander idly across the room for a while, eventually focusing on Knavston. His arm went smoothly around the bigger man's shoulders.

'Ah, Grandmaster! I've always liked you, y'know.' Aulon said, licking his lips. 'Say, is it true that you're going to buy new weapons and such for the regiments? Because I could really use some gold, y'know? For... the regiment, I mean. They should be rewarded for their bravery in battle. Which I'm sure exists in some form, despite whatever rumours you might've heard.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: August 12, 2011, 09:05:56 am »

"So 'Anakyo' you are here to make a map?, well that would explain this" Stated the Nahk just before a raider passes him the map
"Very good but next time you lie about your name, don't write your real one on the maps you bring with you, Kytuzian? is that how you say it?" gloated the Nahk
"My Nahk I have an idea you may wish to hear" exclaimed one of the guards.
"Very well"
*whisper*
"That is a good idea, you five over there take Kytuzian to the Healer to change his bandages while i prepare" ordered the Nahk

Yeah, don't powerplay.  It's rude.  If he didn't say he wrote his name on the map, he didn't write his name on the map.  Writing your name on a map isn't an automatic thing.  Most people don't bother writing their names on maps.

In any case, you invented this fact to bypass him lying to you, which is really an abuse of OOC information.  Don't do it again.  I'm vetoing that action - you can disbelieve that this is his real name all you like, but you can't just pluck his name out of thin air without some way of finding it out.

Other than that, action's fine.  Anakyrto is taken to the healer to have his bandages changed.

Edit:  I'm going to allow your Archer upgrade there, even though technically you'd need access to High Quality Woods.  The reason being that Preston technically had access before you just seized their port.  You have enough HQ Lumber from looting the port to outfit a maximum of two archer regiments.  You'll need to negotiate trade with the Storm Coast or Brighthall for a decent supply of your own.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:10:01 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: August 12, 2011, 09:09:30 am »

"So 'Anakyo' you are here to make a map?, well that would explain this" Stated the Nahk just before a raider passes him the map
"Very good but next time you lie about your name, don't write your real one on the maps you bring with you, Kytuzian? is that how you say it?" gloated the Nahk
"My Nahk I have an idea you may wish to hear" exclaimed one of the guards.
"Very well"
*whisper*
"That is a good idea, you five over there take Kytuzian to the Healer to change his bandages while i prepare" ordered the Nahk

Yeah, don't powerplay.  It's rude.  If he didn't say he wrote his name on the map, he didn't write his name on the map.  Writing your name on a map isn't an automatic thing.  Most people don't bother writing their names on maps.

In any case, you invented this fact to bypass him lying to you, which is really an abuse of OOC information.  Don't do it again.  I'm vetoing that action - you can disbelieve that this is his real name all you like, but you can't just pluck his name out of thin air without some way of finding it out.

Other than that, action's fine.  Anakyrto is taken to the healer to have his bandages changed.
sorry i fixed it with a missspelling of the name to represent not being 100% able to speak elbreth fluently
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: August 12, 2011, 09:13:23 am »

Trubaldsome's countenance hardened abruptly at Knavston's words, and he let his fidgeting hands fall to his sides.
"Do not mock me, Grand master. Do you think me a fool? I--" He was interrupted as the tent flap opened, announcing Aulon's entrance. He managed a welcoming smile, nodding his extravagantly-clothed head a few times in greeting. (He still wore his favourite hat, the green felt one with the blue and green feathers.)
"Yes, it is good to see you, also, Yl Marchis." Greetings aside, he listened to Aulon's query, taking a whiff of a handkerchief at his sleeve as he watched Knavston,
with some mild, polite interest evident in his expression. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: August 12, 2011, 10:11:12 am »

You look up after dressing your wounds.  A pair of distant figures are approaching you, blessedly human.  One is stumbling and has his hand on the other's shoulder, like a blind man being led...

Blinded by the sudden light, Ehndras can barely make out two black silhouettes on his sight's horizon. Though badly injured, the two living men make their way to the relative safety of sunlight; their sacrifices shall not be in vain...

Meet with the two strangers and if they don't try to kill us, make camp to mend wounds, eat, drink, and assess the damage. Ask the strangers who they are and find out what they're doing in the area. Perhaps, if they're willing and able, gather a group to recover our dead, our supplies, and possibly clear the bloody cave of those hellish beasts.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: August 12, 2011, 10:13:26 am »

((>.< sorry! I didn't see the High Quality Wood requirement for archers. My bad :( ))

As Trubaldsome was about to launch into some form of tirade, the Storm Coast lord,yl Marchis burst into the tent wielding bottles of wine and a silly grin. Black had no doubt that War was far from Aulon's  mind as he set the wine down right on top of the planned battlefield. Knavston held back a sigh as he put the figurines representing the various armies to the side carefully.

“Weapons? Yes. And Armour. It should give our troops the decisive advantage. Perhaps the pikes would best suit your regiment? I understand many in the Storm Coast focus on long reach weapons. Unless you had something else in mind?”

Knavston knew he would have to keep his purse strings tight in the presence of these two. He imagined they would be more inclined to spend the gold on fine cheeses and exotic clothing made of parrots or some equally queer bird than weapons and training that would save their men and keep them out of a Preston dungeon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: August 12, 2011, 10:58:53 am »

'Ah, well, I was hoping you could just give me the money so I'd, uh, have time to think it over. No?' Aulon sighed. 'Well, yes, they're rather good with pikes. Have you ever seen a Vasiri spear wall? No? Well, you'll see one in action soon enough.'

He fell silent for a while, then turned to Trubaldsome, seeming to notice him only just now. 'Ah! Lord Trubaldsome! I was just looking for you earlier!' Aulon exclaimed, grabbing the wine bottles again, spilling some on the map in the process.

'Why don't you come drink with me? I assure you, I've acquired plenty of different wines and ales to sample, as well as several barrels of rather mediocre tobacco and what I suspect might be what passes for food in this backwater. Unless you've still got business with good Knavston here?'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: August 12, 2011, 11:39:29 am »

((Sounds like a plan, i'll write something up while im at work today))
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: August 12, 2011, 11:44:15 am »

Knavston nodded at yl Marchis, “I'll have the pikes and equipment sent to your men. See that they're ready as soon as possible.” he put dire emphasis on the last part, “It is important.”

The Grand Master clenched his jaw as he watched the wine spill onto the map, “You've spilled wi-” he cut himself off realizing the futility of scolding the likes of Aulon, taking in a deep breathe he simply waved his hand to allow Trubaldsome his leave if he so desired.

Releasing the breathe sharply he called for his squire to fetch him parchment and ink, he was long overdue to write the King. Sitting down he did is best to clean the wine from the map before penning the report.

Your Majesty,

I trust you are healthy and that God has watched over the recovery of your hand.

I report to you outside Preston City. I must unfortunately inform you that the fortress is still in King Philip's hands. It seems they were better prepared for our attack on their lands than anticipated. Prince Karl rode out with a host to meet our own, we both took losses but forced their retreat to the City. We attempted to reach the Prince and take him captive, but the old king rode out to meet us, their forces combined outmatched our own and we took more losses. We estimate the fortress defenders have approximately 8 regiments of infantry, 1 of Calvary and 2 squads of catapults.

Thankfully we were able to liberate enough funds from the city itself to bolster the equipment of our own forces.

The main forces from Miring have not yet arrived, a single regiment under the command of an aide to Lord Terenos. They travel with a small force of Prestoners approximately 4 regiments in strength. We have pulled back to meet them directly so as not to be caught between the two forces. It is my hope to sway this smaller force to join us, but it may come to conflict. I will send another report with the outcome.

If reinforcements are not available, I would still suggest raising more defenders to keep the realm safe. Preston has a greater army than was reported in earlier findings.

God and fire be with you.

Your loyal servant
Grand Master Knavston Black

Mr. Pompular

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: August 12, 2011, 12:01:54 pm »

As Pompulion heads down into the valley he could smell the foul taintedness of the place, at first he thinks it to be rotting corpses, yet he realizes it decidely smells like the shadelings. 'Ye fool shadlings don't have a smell, that's the point they're supposed to elude the senses...' His trail of thought trailed off as Art noticed the change in terrain and began leaning on Pompulion for support. As he put an arm around Art, Pompulion looked about in apprehension as he expected to be attacked at any moment. Then two human figures exited a cave one leaning upon the other for support, 'Hmm if I was right about the shadelings they must have been foolish enough to fight them, or we ought to be running right now.'

He cautiously moved toward the couple with Art in tow as one called out, "Hello! Can you help us? Me and my comrade were injured in a fight against some horrid monstrosities. If you can help us get back to a village in the Manskinner's lands we'd be greatly appreciative."

Pompulion took a moment to ponder wether he wanted to get into this mess and replied, "Hail, I see you also came across those terrible beasts of the night, we would most certainly accompany you to Manskinner's lands as we have been traveling there right now."

Join the fellowship of demon hunters.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: August 12, 2011, 01:36:47 pm »

It takes time, and the populace doesn't much care for it, but Miring is 'subjugated'. It wasnt a hugely satisfying campaign, but at least there wouldnt be open rebellion...Yet. Still, many things he'd have to do, yet. The evening of their return to the castle, Terenos declined to enter, staying with his guard regiment, and penning a letter to the king.

Spoiler: A Letter to the King. (click to show/hide)

Terenos pens a letter to the King, then goes to find Drua, to explain the whole course of events.
The conspiracy, Chicane murdering his brother, getting the drop on me, requesting I work for him, threatening my life, the duel..
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: August 12, 2011, 02:45:04 pm »

((To clarify, grinding the scrapings from inside of willow bark and boiling them at a simmer for a few minutes gives you a natural painkiller, somewhat similar to Aspirin. Also, is Terenos going to mention the estate to Drua?))

Drua sits quietly in her bed, pale and shaken. Her husband was dead. Now, she had married him for purposes a little less pure than elemental love, but he had grown on her after a while. He had been a rather brave and noble man who she had found herself liking more and more when she spent what little time she had had in his company. Now, to find out he was the head if a massive conspiracy and was dead. She lets out a long sigh, cursing loudly. Drua grabs the well-fashioned crutches next to her bed, slowly hauling herself up on them, grimacing in pain as an uncomfortable stiffness shoots through her shoulder and mentally thanking the fact that the Suulian physician was both friendly and competent. If he had been an idiot, she'd probably be dead. As she slowly hobbles towards the door, intending to go find the monk and ask for some more of that ground willow bark. She needed to get the formula for that, that man had somehow managed to use some sort of mesh to eliminate almost all impurities. She thought it was quite impressive-

Her thoughts are cut off when Terenos walks into the room. She had thought him quite gallant before, although horrendously incompetent, but now a surge of anger and a sliver of hate entered her heart. She gives him an icy glare.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: August 12, 2011, 03:21:49 pm »

OOC: Am I reading the OOC correctly in that we might be seeing an independent pirate soon?
This is something that I am excited for. Very, very excited for.

In case it was missed earlier:
The King's Court, Mid-Autumn...

(Silas) There had been a wait of two or three weeks, but King Erik has not forgotten the strange prisoner. One dank, dreary morning Berte, accompanied by two guards, arrives at the cell with torch and key. Silas is marched up the stairs of a quiet castle, where all sleep, and brought before the King.
"It is only fitting," the King begins as you are brought before him, "That you came here in the middle of the night, and you will leave in the morning. Don't you think?" Erik smiles, and idly waves his mangled hand to silence any potential response.
"You are charged with trespassing, with the intent of breaking into the royal vault -- An act of treason. How do you plea?"

The King's Strategy Room, Mid-Autumn...

(Marquess Kain) The strategy room sat empty when Kain entered save for two guardsmen and the King. Erik briefly read through the list of names, and then handed it off to one of the guards who promptly left the room. Looking out the window, with his hands clasped behind his back, the King spoke, "You have done an admirable job in rooting out traitors, Marquess. I dare say, you've done far better than even my personal guard which...failed to inform me even that the ballista had gone missing."

The King's Personal Chambers, Mid-Autumn...

The King sat in a cushioned chair, idly gazing into the fire that had been stoked to ward off a fall chill as he contemplated the letters. In one, good news. The other was less than he had hoped for. He was uncertain as to how much of the original offensive force remained alive in Preston, but by the estimates they were greatly outnumbered. And what was worse, the emergency war draft had already diminished all the men of fighting age in Elbreth. His hands were bound, there was naught he could do.

"Bjorn," Erik called out. The steward immediately stepped into the room. As a young child the elderly steward's seeming ability to appear wherever needed precisely when needed had been alarming and confusing, but as the Prince had aged Bjorn's near-supernatural punctuality had become something he relied on. Gazing at his mangled hand, and recalling the Hatcuri's general appearance after the courtyard fire's miracle rain, the King idly explained why he had called the Steward over "Please bring the...Hatcuri to me."

Erik then rose and moved over to his writing desk. Sitting down, he set about to writing up responses to the Grand Master and the Assassin's reports.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: August 12, 2011, 03:28:37 pm »

"Good food and drink, hmm? Now, I knew someone had managed to make off with anything fitting that description."
Trubaldsome grinned slightly, then got to his feet. "Well, I and Knavston had just finished. Best not to disturb him at such times, I suppose, hm? But please, allow my manservant to carry those for you."
He shouted hoarsely towards the tent flap. "Waery! Get in here!" Then, more quietly to Aulon, with an apologetic shrug.
"He is a little hard-of-hearing at times, I'm afraid."
Waery entered after a moment, Trubaldsome turning aside to take a quick pinch from his snuffbox as the tent flap opened.
"Yes, M'lord?" Trubaldsome swept a hand lazily towards yl Marchis. "Carry this wine for Yl Marchis here, would you, Waery. It is perhaps the last decent drop left in this filthy place, it seems."
Waery nodded, and stepped fowards to take the wine from Aulon as Trubaldsome watched absently, one hand scratching at his neatly-trimmed moustache in thought. "Gooday t'yer, M'lord," Said the grizzled soldier with a small bow of his grey head.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 188