Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185581 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1815 on: August 11, 2011, 08:00:55 pm »

A call echoes through the cave as the blood flows from his wound. Answering the call, Ehndras identifies himself and hopes Jormund yet lives.

Ehndras attempts to drag himself to the survivor(s) and regroup, as well as somehow re-light his extinguished torch. Barring that,  defensively make his way out of the cave with the survivor quickly while the beasts are still hesitant to return.

Flee to the safety of the light to check out wounds and supplies. If I can light my torch, check the bodies of our companions for coin, food, supplies, or anything be can scavenge. If we can somehow find their families, take a memento from each to return to their loved ones.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1816 on: August 11, 2011, 08:17:04 pm »

((Okay, well I hope I continue to HAVE guards later... Anyway, I technically, carry the bow strung in a case on my back, but whatever...

Also, how far away are they?))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: August 11, 2011, 08:33:31 pm »

((Okay, well I hope I continue to HAVE guards later... Anyway, I technically, carry the bow strung in a case on my back, but whatever...

Also, how far away are they?))
OOC:
They are within range of your bow, but close enough that should you choose to fire at them they will be able to close the distance and meet you in close combat within one round. So...about 200 meters, or 1/8 of a mile.

@Drua: He tells you everything, I assume, including that you were (briefly) Queen of Miring. I don't know how you tell someone that their husband has been killed because he was a traitorous prince disguised as a low level nobleman without sounding like the biggest jerk in the world...but you were probably told everything.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1818 on: August 11, 2011, 08:43:42 pm »

((Wow. I'm a really good shot to be able to hit at all...I guess that is what Highly Skilled means...))

Well, damn, thought Kytuzian. Wonder if Kain'll give me new ones.

Shoot as much as I can till they reach 10 meters. Then pull out another arrow, put it on the bow, but do not pull it back. Make it like I will, the rush forwards and kill the with my sword.

((By the way, its nocking not notching. According to my calculations, I should be able to fire at least 4 arrows.))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:51:34 pm by kytuzian »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: August 11, 2011, 08:52:04 pm »

OOC:
200 meters isn't that much. Most people can run it untrained in under 30 seconds. And IIRC, you can notch or nock an arrow and it's the same thing either way. Wikipedia supports that, and I only use "notch" instead because firefox doesn't count it as incorrectly spelled...and I do so hate those squiggly red lines.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1820 on: August 11, 2011, 08:55:52 pm »

((Lol. As for the range, I know about the 30 seconds. I also know that it takes about 5-7 seconds to nock, pull, and aim an arrow. Maybe not aim it well, but I've never shot from 200 meters. Of course, my guy is WAY better than I am, so I'm assuming he can shoot one every six seconds, and still have time to pull off the trick at the end. Besides, he shouldn't miss from less than like 25 meters.))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: August 11, 2011, 09:06:43 pm »

OOC:
I've never fired a bow before, so I will take your word for that. Not making rolls right now though, picture wars stuff. >_>

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: August 11, 2011, 09:10:45 pm »

((*Shameless bragging has been removed*. And Yes, ill give you some more redshirts. I'll be slightly pissed off but i don't care. I should have gave you three...Eh. Hurry up and not die so i can go and collect the tratiors and execute them.))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:39:34 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: August 11, 2011, 09:48:03 pm »

OOC:
*response to the shameless bragging* I've never been in a legit swordfight, but I own an actual sword. Which means I have been living a very sorry life indeed...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: August 11, 2011, 09:55:29 pm »

((Try not too, it hurts like hell to get hit and theres a high chance of losing a finger...Trust me i almost did. The adrenaline rush was pretty good though made up for it atleast..))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: August 11, 2011, 10:07:01 pm »

A perfect building, a perfect location, and an extremely expensive price. Well, Locanil thought, they're would'nt be a school for some time. Best to just continue teaching . Perhaps they could be taught a bit of history or theology...They could also use their new found skills to get a bit of money...

Actions- Continue teaching in archives. Advise students to use their skills to get some writing or reading work.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Mr. Pompular

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: August 11, 2011, 10:09:53 pm »

Pompulion continues his journey to the lands of the Manskinner.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1827 on: August 11, 2011, 10:18:09 pm »

((Let's see...I do not own an actual sword, nor have I been in a sword fight. I do own an actual bow, but I've never been in a...bowfight? What do you call it? Archery Duel?))

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: August 12, 2011, 12:24:09 am »

((So Iituem...this game looks interesting and i would like to join. Course given the play methods i used in your last game, what are the odds i could wrangle something similar here? I do so enjoy motivations of profit

If not, i have another plan that requires some consent from select players))
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 02:30:36 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: August 12, 2011, 05:55:37 am »

The King grinned...too broadly, too openly for Corv. He was certainly cunning and dangerous at that. Below the mask of Honor and Mercy this man was one to be reckoned with. he took his leave and then lead his men towards the Suulian borders.

travel to Suulian borders, send scouts to find rich ill-defended monasteries and then the usual procedure: attack at night, kill everybody, plunder the hell out of it and leave a burning shell...
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 188