Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185612 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1680 on: August 10, 2011, 02:56:19 pm »

((Oh right, Preston. And all the Terenos stuff's going on in Miring? Darn. Well, I'll post in a few hours... Just realised it's 5 to 6AM! D: ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: August 10, 2011, 03:01:55 pm »

Well, we could divide our forces and have several small armies, using those to outmanuver and outflank preston's force. Encirclement works wonders on army killing...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: August 10, 2011, 03:28:40 pm »

Knavston Black, Grand Master of the Order of the Burning Circle stood in front of the other Lords and Generals of the Royal Army. “My Lords, it is clear that we must come to a consensus on how to continue. The city of Preston has been abandoned for the safety of the walls, but there is still danger to our forces. Prince Karl and the remainder of his routed forces are in retreat towards the Fortress. We must engage these forces before they are able to rally and link up with the main forces defending their walls.”

“His men are most likely tired and disorganized but we should not discount their will to fight. They fight in their home land, in their capital no less. My plan is to move our Army into the city and engage cut them off from reaching the Castle. The city's streets are hard to manoeuvre and full of blind alleys, but that should work to our advantage when it comes to their Calvary forces.  Our main goal should be the capture of Prince Karl. With King Philip's son as our hostage, I doubt he would try any drastic. With any luck, he will bend his knee to King Erik and swear an oath of allegiance to save his Son and his town from torches.”

“God is with us in this fight and wishes us to show the people of Preston the true word of Cyclism. But, I am not so full of pride that I know when to accept the input and comments from my brethren. I would humbly ask for your thoughts on the matter or ways to improve my plan.”

Barring objections or improvements from the other Lords, move the Royal Army to catch up with the disorganized remnants of Prince Karl's forces and attempt to cut off their escape to the Fort and Capture the Prince.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: August 10, 2011, 03:55:26 pm »

OOC:
Hey Knave, under Cyclist beliefs are Kings like Immortals in Highlander?
If Preston surrenders, does King Erik have to behead their king to symbolically take his lands/godliness?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: August 10, 2011, 04:00:28 pm »

OOC:
If Preston surrenders, does King Erik have to behead their king to symbolically take his lands/godliness?

((He he he, I hadn't thought about that really! I imagine it would make King Phillip less inclined to surrender though. I was working under the impression that most Cyclists or at the those in the Order believed that King Erik was the sole true 'King' anointed by God. But I suppose there would be other sects in other Kingdoms leading to some clashing beliefs. But if death was needed to claim land/resources, I'm sure they'd recommend a good old fashion burning on the Circle of Iron))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: August 10, 2011, 04:05:05 pm »

OOC:

((He he he, I hadn't thought about that really! I imagine it would make King Phillip less inclined to surrender though. I was working under the impression that most Cyclists or at the those in the Order believed that King Erik was the sole true 'King' anointed by God. But I suppose there would be other sects in other Kingdoms leading to some clashing beliefs. But if death was needed to claim land/resources, I'm sure they'd recommend a good old fashion burning on the Circle of Iron))
OOC:
Alright.
I was curious, because I thought that perhaps it would be a good plot hook/reason for Elbreth to wage war on pretty much everybody if, under Cyclist beliefs, godhood was a finite resource, split between the Kings (and Queens?) of the world. By taking out the other monarchs, or forcing them to swear fealty or something, a King became more "godlike" and so on and so forth.
Might be a bit unrealistic for that to be an actual belief system though.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: August 10, 2011, 04:07:00 pm »

((Well, Technically, they could set king erik up as the prophet of the religion, and his word is god's/cycle...))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: August 10, 2011, 04:17:27 pm »

hum does the king actually notice the group of weylanders standing in his throne room one holding his cousin at arms length while the rest is short from slaughtering his guard?  :P

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: August 10, 2011, 04:22:07 pm »

OOC:
I'm being lazy at the moment and not replying to anything ICly.
I'll get around to it within the hour, I guess.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: August 10, 2011, 04:23:01 pm »

((Hes ordering some stew for lunch, wait your turn.
In unrelated news:King Erik doesn't notice alot of things.))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: August 10, 2011, 04:24:34 pm »

((Hes ordering some stew for lunch, wait your turn.
In unrelated news:King Erik doesn't notice alot of things.))
((Which explains why there's so many plotters :P))

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: August 10, 2011, 04:31:13 pm »

OOC:

OOC:
Alright.
I was curious, because I thought that perhaps it would be a good plot hook/reason for Elbreth to wage war on pretty much everybody if, under Cyclist beliefs, godhood was a finite resource, split between the Kings (and Queens?) of the world. By taking out the other monarchs, or forcing them to swear fealty or something, a King became more "godlike" and so on and so forth.
Might be a bit unrealistic for that to be an actual belief system though.

((As far as I know Cyclists are still mostly a fringe religion outside of Elbreth. They seem to have gained quite a following inside the Country though. Especially within the Military. I'm not sure if Erik considers himself a Cyclist or just tolerates them, but he's basically revered as the Mouth-piece of God in either case. I'm sure the Grand Master and the Bishops would like nothing more than an official declaration of Cyclism as the state religion. That would give you a pretty good reason to invade just about anyone around you. It would also make a good reason for other player characters to convert (even if they didn't really believe) if only to curry favour with the growing power of the Church among the nobles and peasants))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: August 10, 2011, 04:31:58 pm »

((kk no reason for haste... just asking XP))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: August 10, 2011, 04:32:38 pm »

((I call dibs on making a peaceful splinter doctrine :P))

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: August 10, 2011, 04:33:39 pm »

((How come no one ever answered me when I asked if I could write up the lore of the Old Gods?))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 188