Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185626 times)

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1650 on: August 09, 2011, 09:19:51 pm »

"It's Kytuzian, sir...", said Kytuzian. "The house is...interesting to say the least, and I was kicked out of Stonewood for attempting to "cause general mayhem and disruption", Bah! Those insolent fools! Other than that... I was just leaving for Brighthall, to look for 'shiny things'. You haven't even told me what is a 'shiny thing' yet, so I'm not quite sure what to find, and maybe you should tell me, lest I show up with a polished copper and demand payment."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: August 09, 2011, 10:02:04 pm »

Kain's face twitches at the joke.
"Heh, funny...I'm looking for artifacts of great power. You know magical staves and such that can lay waste to cities. Scrolls that make me immortal. Mysterious gems that have weird-ass but cliched names. Stuff like that. But enough about that. Hang around town for a few weeks. I'm going to have to take care of some business involving hunting people down and I need a Swordhand. So any questions or protests?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: August 09, 2011, 10:13:12 pm »

((I've just read this thread in its entirety in less than 24 hours. I think there may be something wrong with me.  :-\  I may sign up for a character, and I was wondering if Terenos would object to me taking on the identity of Manning, his faithful right-hand man))
EDIT: whoops, called Terenos Taricus.  :-[
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: August 09, 2011, 10:16:57 pm »

((I most certainly would not! He doesn't really have a personality yet. The only thing you really have to remember is that Terenos went back to save his men in the bandit camp, then made damn King Leuki set doctors to save Manning. So proly no sudden betrayals of me.
And was promptly surprised by Manning's survival. Your current location is awaiting my link up, in the northern Miring forest, and you have a regiment of Ambush capable troops, that are your 'crew', but may not remain with you after this. Oh, and 3 regiments of infantry assumedly under your command))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 09, 2011, 10:51:37 pm »

Wonderful. That sounds just great.  :)
Manning Ilbricht is about twenty-six years old. He is tall and has dark hair with neatly trimmed sideburns. His clothes are simple and fashionable, but allow for perfect maneuverability in combat. Several large scars cross his hands and face, but he is handsome and charming nonetheless. His mannerisms are more like those a clever duelist than those of a hardened soldier. His standard-issue military shortsword hangs on his waist, but his personal rapier hangs on the right, where the left-handed Manning can draw it easily for a fight.
 Manning was born in a small town in Elbreth, and in his childhood he was best friends with the son of the military man who eventually became the general of the pre-Erik regime. Together they sparred constantly, and became quite eager to learn how to truly fight in their upcoming teenage years. Sadly, their training together was not to be, for when the General was called to duty by the previous King of Elbreth, the son moved to the capital as well. With the General gone, Manning had no experienced teacher to show him the art of war when he became old enough to wield a real weapon. Instead, the Ilbricht family remained in the rural town, and Manning did not recieve the formal training he so fervently desired. Eventually, instead of becoming a great duelist, Manning simply signed up for military duty for his town at age twenty-four, acknowledging the fact that he would never gain any more skill with the blade and would probably die defending the VIP he was assigned to. However, when the ambush came that shredded his regiment, Manning's superior reflexes and good fortune allowed him to avoid the deadly points of the arrows raining from the sky. When the fighting began in the throne room of Miring with only Manning and Terenos remaining, Manning suddenly felt deja vu for the dreams of his childhood, with him and his friend singlehandedly saving the king from a slew of traitors. His journey was actually complete. Not only did he realize his dream of being a hero, but also he had become an officer in the military, with access to books about fencing and strategy! Manning practiced with his rapier tirelessly from that point on, attempting to become the best swordsman in the world, and fighting alongside his friend and commander in the battles to come.

Manning's action is: Wait for the Rendez-Vous with Terenos in the forest.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:54:11 pm by mr. macduggan »
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 10, 2011, 01:41:24 am »

The Nahk of the Zimtar raider clan is glad.
Nahk state: very happy
The Nahk is the leader of my clan aka me

collect more rocks
send 1 regiment to the hunting lodge in suul
put sentries in groups of 5 dotted around the place

Spoiler: Ztah (Zimtar raiders) (click to show/hide)

Commander Zacmar learning progress: not arrived

Commander Zacmar troop learning progress: not arrived

ETA: start of winter
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:50:03 am by NoahTophatz »
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 10, 2011, 02:56:09 am »

((Whoooah, this is heating up... Hrmm. Well, I'll wait til I arrive in Miring before I decide what to do! :P This thread is seriously, seriously awesome. ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: August 10, 2011, 06:30:24 am »

Flanked by some of his men and a whole bunch of Elberethian Palace Guards, Corv Manskinner enters the Throne room.

"sir but you can't, his majesty..."

I give a damn about what your majesty is currently busy with! I have information for him and his damn cousin so he better meets me now.

the situation was clearly heating up, the heavy raiders grabbed the hilts of their axes, while the palace guards seemed increasingly nervous too slowly forming a circle...

OI! i guess you are the famous King Erik. Corv Manskinner is the name. Jarl Corv Manskinner

Corv took a courteous bow which was perfect in form and clearly showed some manner of education on the habits in noble courts. As he stood up he gave his hand to the cousin of the king.

Mylady if you don't mind i return you to your cousin...

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1658 on: August 10, 2011, 06:51:37 am »

"Aye, I've heard of those, have yet to see one though", commented Kytuzian. "Still, if that what you're looking for, I'll do it. Doubt I'll find any here, and from what I've heard, wandering into the Eelspine is dangerous. As for hunting down people, I don't care as long as it isn't me."

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 10, 2011, 07:41:39 am »

Commander Zacmar opens one of the two letters he brought with him
"WHAT! no no this cannot be, but the Nahk commands it"
he doesn't open the other one which is labeled
To the king of Elbreth
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: August 10, 2011, 07:42:44 am »

(( Okay, I'm trying to come up with something in terms of a plan for capturing the Prince and holding him hostage. I'm just trying to ensure I have an accurate force count.

Royal Army = 9 Infantry

Prince Karl = 1 Cav, 2 Infantry (Retreating towards Fort)
Fort Defenders = 6 Infantry, 2 Catapults

Am I missing something here? If they were to link up, they would have a stronger force than ours. How is it they have such a strong force and they're not looking to link up and attack?))
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:47:01 am by Knave »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 10, 2011, 07:44:00 am »

((Medieval tactics and politics))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: August 10, 2011, 07:56:05 am »

(( Wait a sec, I've missed something... Who's this Prince Karl?  :-\ ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: August 10, 2011, 07:58:11 am »

(( Wait a sec, I've missed something... Who's this Prince Karl?  :-\ ))
preston prince

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: August 10, 2011, 07:59:40 am »

(( Ah, I see. :) Thanks! ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 188