Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185650 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1620 on: August 09, 2011, 06:47:45 pm »

((All hail King Percy, heir apparent?  :P))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: August 09, 2011, 06:49:57 pm »

((Oh, I forgot. Terenos, there's someone else to knock off ;D))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: August 09, 2011, 06:57:09 pm »

Jormund is devastated by what's happened but he nevertheless returns to report about it. He returns to Johnston informs him of the events and waits for further word on what to do.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: August 09, 2011, 07:08:29 pm »

((...Meh. You only married him for reasons of political intrigue. This seemed easiest. Trust me. It seemed easiest.))

Terenos stoops slightly, to collect the crossbow of Chicane, and the crown from Lueki's head. Placing the crossbow on his belt, and retrieving whatever bolts Chicane still had.

Holding up the crown.

"I shall act as King, for a brief time, in order to prevent war. But I make no claims on the Miring throne. Come. Let us rally the regiments and prevent further bloodshed.

Terenos gathers his new regiment, approaches the loyal crown regiment remaining in the castle and tells them that Leuki was killed by conspirators to the crown. All of whom are now dead. He pleads with them to join with him, to move to prevent unnecessary bloodshed in the north

((Trophies! Mine now. Body count goes up by +2 Named. And I know this will inevitably backfire and kill my new guard regiment but...hey. It'll work out.))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 09, 2011, 07:09:23 pm »

In the King's Throne Room...

(Locanil) "I'm afraid we haven't the funds..." the King mused sadly, before waving the Chronicler away, "You may send word to your kin, though warn them that the people of Miring may be a more superstitious lot than even the peasantry of Elbreth. Especially in these times of war."

(Terenos might as well get the court title of Badass or Awsome. or Awsome Badass)
"Ah well the artist's vision is always limited by the coffers of the patron. I shall wait until the funds are available. I shall tell my relative not to come directly then; he can probably send a human envoy to sell his wares to us. I shall send a letter now my lord."

Action- Send a message to my kin (who shall be named Morosin) that it is unsafe to travel any more north. Tell him to send human envoys to trade goods.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: August 09, 2011, 07:14:20 pm »

Send a messanger informing the king that all members of the spy ring have been discovered and if I may arrest them all.Its a lot of people...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 07:37:41 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 09, 2011, 07:33:14 pm »

Silas sighs. "I got nothing, then. Sorry to bother you, Your Majesty."

Ask your guardian angel? Nice idea, but it has never ever worked. Nothing bad has happened, you just don't get a response. Ever. Your guardian angel may be more straightforward than most, but no angel would deliver an answer on request like that. It's just not done.

>Go back to the dungeons and wait for the trial.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: August 09, 2011, 07:44:07 pm »

Silas sighs. "I got nothing, then. Sorry to bother you, Your Majesty."

Ask your guardian angel? Nice idea, but it has never ever worked. Nothing bad has happened, you just don't get a response. Ever. Your guardian angel may be more straightforward than most, but no angel would deliver an answer on request like that. It's just not done.

>Go back to the dungeons and wait for the trial.

[3]  Whilst you are in the dungeons, Berte brings you some light reading to pass the time.  Unfortunately, Berte's idea of light reading differs significantly from your own and you just end up with a series of annals of the kingdom's history.  It's mostly dull reading, but along the way you end up stumbling on a reference to a 'Mystic Blue Gem' sought after by the Order of the Silver Bull, four hundred years ago.  The Order was dissolved by King Sigurd for their failure, but the books contain no references to what the gem was for or any details about the order.

But potentially you might at least have something to go on now.

Terenos gathers his new regiment, approaches the loyal crown regiment remaining in the castle and tells them that Leuki was killed by conspirators to the crown. All of whom are now dead. He pleads with them to join with him, to move to prevent unnecessary bloodshed in the north

[5]  The crown regiment, uncertain of their present leadership, are mollified by your promise not to retain the title of King and frankly a little bit lost without a clear heir - although one of them mentions that there is a third, un-lamed Trubaldsome brother of heritable age whose whereabouts are unknown.  You convince them that Perfringens the third von Trubaldsome is a vassal of your King and that you have his permission to lead in his stead.  They might not believe that exactly, but they're willing to follow your leadership for now.

Action- Send a message to my kin (who shall be named Morosin) that it is unsafe to travel any more north. Tell him to send human envoys to trade goods.

You send a message along the trade channels to Morosin.  With any luck, this should find him and prevent any unfortunate lynch-mobbing.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 09, 2011, 07:47:29 pm »

To the north! To link up with Manning's crew, the engineers and the others. We shall leave our position, and endeavor to meet with the Preston forces commander under a flag of peace.

((like HELL is ..*shudder* Percy Trubaldsome.. Getting this crown. And..I suppose I have to give up the spotlight shortly.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: August 09, 2011, 07:49:10 pm »

((Don't worry, you'll be DUKE of miring :P))

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: August 09, 2011, 07:56:48 pm »

((Hopefully i'll get Taric's land for my troubles in rounding up the spies.Damn, this game is getting big and what it's the tird year?))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 09, 2011, 07:57:39 pm »

((Oi! bugger off, I'm earning my redemption by combat!))

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: August 09, 2011, 08:02:25 pm »

With the letter sent, and no way for funds to be gathered, all that was left was to teach the class. Locanil had moved the class to the archives; it seemed more like a class there.

Action- Teach Class
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:25:19 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: August 09, 2011, 08:10:33 pm »

((I'm earning your land through treachery and burtal opression))

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: August 09, 2011, 08:13:49 pm »

((I lost track. We're still the good guys right?
Or is this more like Warhammer 40k where there are no good guys..))
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 188