Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185679 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1575 on: August 09, 2011, 02:24:08 pm »

((Wait, the doctor is your brother? :o Also, what would be the punishment for anyone looting Miring/Preston's royal palaces/noble estates?))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: August 09, 2011, 02:33:08 pm »

((Wait, the doctor is your brother? :o Also, what would be the punishment for anyone looting Miring/Preston's royal palaces/noble estates?))
OOC:
He's my brother in real life, yes.
There likely wouldn't be any punishment whatsoever...at least, not until Elbreth officially claims the land as its own and Miring and Preston become duchies under a Duke who's sworn fealty to the King.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: August 09, 2011, 02:34:56 pm »

((I better do it both quietly and pass of some of the loot secretly to the king/cyclists))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: August 09, 2011, 02:39:10 pm »

Jormund intended to settle the land simply using his body and mind. (I thought this was allowed, I'd just have to roll pretty well to do it. It would just be some of the untamed land in the highlands since I can't imagine that all of it is being used. It'd just be like when the rebels claimed the land in the eelspines or when the Ztah discovered their cave.)

((I didn't realize the doctor was your brother. I don't mind you rolling for him, as long as he's ok with it and doesn't mind if he gets some crappy rolls from you.))

EDIT: ((Also, Why is Mahtan going through Preston to get to Suul? Preston is north of Miring which is north of Suul...))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 02:55:06 pm by Jormundur »
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: August 09, 2011, 02:40:45 pm »

((Err...Kyuztian is in Stonewood, not Lonemine.))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: August 09, 2011, 02:45:10 pm »

OOC: Edited to fix that, Filius. I just got the two mixed up.

@Jormundur: I wasn't sure if you had any specific areas in mind, or if you had gotten aid in the endeavor from the Doctor or Corv or something. I'll make your roll in a minute or so, need to get something to eat right now.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1581 on: August 09, 2011, 02:46:03 pm »

The people around aren't very helpful when it comes to information, thought Kytuzian. He had been hoping to find out how many mercenaries, or something of the like, but nobody alive seemed to know. Sighing to himself, Kytuzian began a campaign to raise enough troops to constitute a regiment, in the form of peasant rabble/militia to help him hunt down the mercenaries.

If I can do that, the people might actually like me. If I fail, then I'm probably dead, thought Kytuzian gloomily. Oh well, you have to start somewhere. Hopefully the people'll like me enough to follow me elsewhere.

Attempt to raise a regiment of willing peasants to help "avenge" those who were killed, using my high charisma(which I made when I created my character)

((Speaking of which, does that help my character at all in recruiting/other charisma-needed activities))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:19:35 pm by kytuzian »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: August 09, 2011, 02:54:19 pm »

"My lord it would cost perhaps 20 ducats to bring the archives into great "glory". But I would perhaps require 5-10 ducats. The money would be used to increase storage space, hire clerks teachers and scribes, and create a corps of messenger birds. With an archive like this, information from even Korlan could perhaps take a week instead of months. Coupled with a spying ring we could easily become the most knowledgeable nation in the area. With the information we could win more battles and acquire more gold with our advanced information. There was a saying in Aphti which I heard when I passed, ''Knowledge is dear and little, guard it and you'll be a rich man''. This is exactly what I suggest."

"Oh and my lord, I would ask your permission if I could send a message to Korlan. A kin of mine was to arrive there and I would like to know if he has. He's a merchant my lord and could provide goods from the south. He could supposedly set up lodgings in the city to east...which will soon fall to our soldiers."

Action- Ask for 5-10 ducats to renovate archives, hire staff, and create a messenger corps. Ask king if I could send a message to a kin in Korlan
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:01:16 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: August 09, 2011, 04:18:49 pm »

OOC: That...was another mistake on my part. He's crossing through Miring. I read the map wrong.

In the King's Throne Room...

(Locanil) "I'm afraid we haven't the funds..." the King mused sadly, before waving the Chronicler away, "You may send word to your kin, though warn them that the people of Miring may be a more superstitious lot than even the peasantry of Elbreth. Especially in these times of war."

Elsewhere in the World...

The Weyland Highlands...

(Sir Jormund 5) After some searching, you're able to find a patch of land near the northern reach of the Doctor's Lands that is currently unclaimed. (3-1) You attempt to settle it, but you are only one man and eventually it becomes clear you'll need help, or more resources, to turn this land into a stead. After a few days, you decide to return to civilization to rethink your strategy. The night you leave, you hear dark whisperings from the shadows and feel as if you are being watched. (5) But you manage to keep calm despite the ever-growing sense of fear. (4) Something moves around in the shadows just outside your camp, but you stoke the fire and whatever it is goes away.
The next morning you return to the Doctor's lands.

In the Eelspine Range...

(Kytuzian 1) Your attempts to organize the people into a militia are seen as an attempt to get them to leave the town undefended at best, an attempt to drive the people to insurrection against the local Stonewood Milita at worst, and general trouble-making in between. Soon one of the guards gives you an ultimatum: Leave town, or be thrown into jail.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:20:29 pm by thatkid »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: August 09, 2011, 04:30:06 pm »

((I have to kill Chicane von Trubaldsome. He is the rightful heir to the throne of both our conquests. If this is honored by all armies in the field..

That gives him more troops to draw on. 6 Infantry + 2 Catapults in Preston, the navy, and 3 Inf (With Manning's Crew), 3 Inf(Attacking Miring), 2 Inf (Miring Castle) 1 Ambush Capable Inf (Manning's Crew). Thusly, 8 total infantry regiments and the Catapult regiment, available in Miring. Our forces are..Less able to deal with that.
By killing him, Or evading him long enough to spring my trap on the approaching Preston regiments, I can improve our odds. Hence, thats my plan.
..Note to self, STOP REVEALING MY PLANS. Iituem is clearly using this against me.))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: August 09, 2011, 04:39:41 pm »

Jormund is glad that he was able to find open land, but upset that he was unable to make it livable. He realizes that maybe with more help he could turn it into a successful plot to live on but for that he'd need help from his leaders. He's wary about the shadows he saw last night but in this land showing any kind of fear or superstition could be dangerous. Because of this he decides to keep the information about the shadows to himself.

Jormund approaches Dr. Johnston and requests his help, "My lord, I've discovered an area of land that could easily be turned into a successful addition to our kingdom, however I can't make it successful with what I have. If you could spare me two regiments of soldiers temporarily or tools or slaves, or something to help me I'd be very grateful. A portion of the land I've promised to a warrior in return for training but you could have the rest once I leave and you'd be free to recruit manpower from it as you needed."

Ask for aid to improve the land from Dr. Johnston. If approved, attempt to develop the land again. Continue asking around about ways to find slaves.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: August 09, 2011, 05:01:51 pm »

((It doesn't really matter if he rolls for me or not. Also, bad rolls make the game interesting so I'd be okay with them. Not like they don't happen.))

"Well, Jormund, my soldiers are currently preparing to take land from an enemy. Of course I am sure that we will manage to enslave some villagers from the land. I will inform you when we can give you something." He said, waiting to see if Jormund had anything more to say.

He realized how good of an opportunity this would be. If he had Jormund get land for him then he would be able to have him get more. Once a plausible amount was reached then getting rid of Jormund would be easy, if he decided that this was a nice place. He would be able to raise an army, and the Jarl would come back and see how capable he was. So much room for him to gain something, and if nothing at all what could he lose?

Have the soldiers enslave villagers from the land they take. Give the slaves to Jormund to help improve the land if they get any.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:12:14 pm by Mr. Dwarfinton »

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: August 09, 2011, 05:08:11 pm »

((Why are you plotting to get rid of me? Jormund is planning on leaving after two or three years anyways to try and start his own country. All he wants is time to raise some soldiers of his own and the money to pay them for a year.))

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: August 09, 2011, 05:11:41 pm »

((Forgot to mention the assassination would only happen if you end up not leaving ever. I'm trying to make the "good" Doctor seem power hungry, now that he got to control the forces. I feel like an ass now.))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:18:54 pm by Mr. Dwarfinton »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: August 09, 2011, 05:17:32 pm »

((Hey, I usually feel like an ass playing my character! Nothin' wrong with a bit of backstabbing and skullduggery. Word of advice, though, I'd consider growing a moustache, so you can just stroke that mysteriously rather than posting your plans... :P Or not. ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 188