Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185791 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1380 on: August 04, 2011, 04:18:31 pm »

"Milord, I'm guessing you'll want to know about. Well, the fire and all that. I think it all started over a misunderstanding..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 04, 2011, 04:21:12 pm »

((Remind me to kill Mahtan when i get the time. Anywho, yeah i set out a day after the messenger.Nice refernce to Shakespeare.*Looks around suspsciously.*))
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:32:50 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 04, 2011, 04:30:51 pm »

The Doctor nodded to Jormundur as he got up. Trying to spit out a congratulations through the blood filling his mouth. It was most likely heard as some sort of gibberish, and he decided to forget talking to him and fix himself up.

Action: Attempt to fix myself up. Raise one raider regiment and have someone scout out the McKinley's land.

[6+1]  You mix up some helpful tonics and prepare some poultices.  You feel great after taking the tonic, adding in a few of the local herbs.  Maybe a little too great.  Everything seems brighter and more sharply coloured, although you keep seeing strange shadows at the corners of your vision.  You'll heal just fine, though your sense of what is and isn't real is going to be out for a little while.

[3-1]  Your spies come back without any helpful information on the layout of McKinley lands or forces, though one or two fail to come back at all.  It is possible that their own scouts are silencing anyone who gets close enough to an actual position before they can report.

OOC:  I'm away tomorrow through to Sunday, house-hunting.  I might be able to get some limited net access, but otherwise I'm handing things over to Thatkid, with one exception.

Ghazkull, you are on the verge of kingship.  You already know the numbers of Preston's border force (see below).  When Kaguro Draven prepares his battle plan, I nominate you to determine Preston's tactics to win the battle.  Should you defeat the McKinleys and become a true King, you'll be doing these rolls as well, so have fun with this.  Risk whatever tactics you feel have a chance of working.

Quote from: Preston's Border Guard
1 Cavalry regiment (Cavalry)
4 standard Infantry regiments

Fakedit:
Spoiler: The Bard! (click to show/hide)

Heh.  This was one of my monologue speeches when I was trying to get into drama school.  =B
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 04, 2011, 04:51:29 pm »

I have completely lost track of this @.@ Just say my guy dies on the battlefield, becouse I'm utterly lost. All my stuff goes back to the crown
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 04, 2011, 04:53:51 pm »

Drua groggily wakes up, dully noting her armour and clothes are soaked with blood. She feels dull, throbbing pain...everywhere? Twisting and falling back through scattered memories of days past...Goddess, this was wprse than when she was put on  apyre, and that was agony. Drua coldly thinks for a moment, loving the sweet sensation of the rain on her, reflecting on the beauty of this place, and what she had...She might die, but at least she had gone out...Where the hell were those archers? Dead, right. As well as a whole damn enemy force!

A bitter smile, and Drua turns on her side, blood slowly congealing, dripping out of her mouth as she chokes it open. Splatters of blood drop onto the dirt...Oh Goddess, she was wounded, her arm looked awful, no no no...She needed help, badly...

Try to get to friendly forces in Miring...
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 04, 2011, 04:54:35 pm »

((Damn, there goes plan A for Weyland...))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1386 on: August 04, 2011, 04:56:02 pm »

I have completely lost track of this @.@ Just say my guy dies on the battlefield, becouse I'm utterly lost. All my stuff goes back to the crown

((Gotta agree with Kaguro, All this time warp stuff makes it harder to follow then inception, which I assume is hard to follow, I've never actually seen it.))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 04, 2011, 04:59:38 pm »

((Gotta agree with Kaguro, All this time warp stuff makes it harder to follow then inception, which I assume is hard to follow, I've never actually seen it.))

((This isn't really that hard to follow as long as you keep track of your character.))
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 04, 2011, 05:03:57 pm »

((
((This isn't really that hard to follow as long as you keep track of your character.))
I have to agree with Little. I mean i can follow all of the plots and keep it straight in my head as long as i don't think too much about the time and such.))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 04, 2011, 05:06:38 pm »

OOC:
Damn, ok Kaguro.
If you want, I can give you a quick run-down of what's gone on lately (It's not necessary that your character be up-to-date on most of what's going on anyways). Or you can stop playing, and that's fine too. If you ever want to come back, you're welcome in the thread.

As far as who's leading the Offensive forces into Preston now, I'd have it be Grand Master Black but he hasn't posted in about a week now. So I guess we'll see how this little deal with Trubaldsome and Taric goes, because now it's down to choosing between Marquess yl Marchis or Trubaldsome to be leading those forces as I know Yoink is still around and I think I saw Digital Hellhound post recently.

And yes, as far as this time warp stuff goes I'd like to put an end to it. As Little said, it can be easier to follow when you only pay attention to one or two characters but it can get pretty convoluted. I'm just glad the search function in this forum doesn't have a daily limit like some others and the cool down is only 5 seconds or so.

I'm thinking maybe we move through events in "chunks", with people being unable to do things chronologically further ahead or behind someone else. Though that can't happen till the beginning of the next game year, it would mean that people only get a few actions before they need to wait for every other character to catch up.
...which could slow down the game, but it would also prevent weird time shenanigans.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 04, 2011, 05:13:22 pm »

((Hey, I could always do it! But i probably suck as a taticain...))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 04, 2011, 05:18:30 pm »

OOC:
That would require you to somehow discover Banquo's deceit while at the same time leading forces into Preston though :P

And in any case, I'm trying to keep as close to the original plan as possible.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1392 on: August 04, 2011, 05:18:45 pm »

((Except I did that, and all of a sudden some character comes out of no where, who's apparently a traitor, but in the future?))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 04, 2011, 05:23:25 pm »

((That guy was an NPC.))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 04, 2011, 05:24:22 pm »

OOC:
And also literally appeared for the first time maybe three pages ago, if that...
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 188