Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185806 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1335 on: August 04, 2011, 09:14:21 am »

((
  Sadly this includes the stablemaster, probably the only person who could have told anyone how the fire started.

I kid you not, I truly laughed out loud as I read this! :D Good ol' Waery, inadvertently saving Trubaldsome from some rather awkward questions. ))

Waery stumbled his way back into the throne room, soot-stained, scorched and generally unpresentable. He tromps through the court with a small pile of his Lord's posessions in his arms, leaving black boot-marks across the smooth stone floor.
"Here y'are M'lord, 'tis all I could save." He proferred the chest, with the diary and snuffbox set atop it.
Trubaldsome's eyes darted from Waery to the boxful of rather explosive evidence a few times, swiftly calculating, then he threw his arms wide, making a great show of taking the box from Waery, saying, "Ah, Bless you Waery, you have rescued this most precious box of dear Grandmother's love letters from the flames. I have carried these with me from Miring, saving them for years to in turn preserve some small part of her blessed memory." With one hand, he clasped the bewildered Waery by the shoulder- rather gingerly, attempting to avoid any dirty soot- in a show of thanks. "Thanks to you, Captain, she lives on in our hearts."
With that said, he handed the box back to Waery, instead focusing his attention on something rather more valuable to him: His snuffbox. Frantically, he wiped away at the blackened scorch-marks on its gilded lid for a moment with a fine handkerchief, before tossing it away and opening the small box, only to find its contents rather spoiled by the fire.
"Bah," He sighed, snapping the lid shut again and reaching into a pocket for his backup, taking a quick calming pinch before resuming his seat.

Thank Waery for returning that box of... Trubalsome's Grandmother's preserved love letters to him, loudly enough for those nearby to overhear. That should prevent any nosy questions about the box...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 04, 2011, 09:33:05 am »

[Very brief update, purely because I rolled a six for this and couldn't resist.]

Thank Waery for returning that box of... Trubalsome's Grandmother's preserved love letters to him, loudly enough for those nearby to overhear. That should prevent any nosy questions about the box...

[6]  Based on later rumours you hear, the story about your grandmother's love letters is not only believed, but spreads as quickly as the fire raging through the palace.  You have acquired a reputation as a terrible (grand)mummy's boy, whilst several courtiers are now speculating wildly on what sort of saucy secrets might be held in those love letters.  The increased interest is going to make it difficult for you to act covertly until it dies down.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: August 04, 2011, 09:49:13 am »

((Ohh, Another punishment/reward idea (It works both ways :P): Trubaldsome gets sent to his grandma's XD))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 04, 2011, 09:50:18 am »

The Nahk of the Zimtar raider clan is glad for the news of the raid going perfectly.
Nahk state: very happy

use both regiments to tame the plateau from nature

Spoiler: Ztah (Zimtar raiders) (click to show/hide)
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: August 04, 2011, 10:55:24 am »

((Well. Right. That should go down well with the ladies in Court... ::) ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: August 04, 2011, 11:51:33 am »

The Doctor stared at this new person, how could he know if what he said was true? Perhaps he planned to assassinate the chief or him? There is one way for him to prove his worth... He thought as he studied the man. "You may train with my troops, but you must do something. From stories I have heard the Chief prefers to settle things... physically. I will too. If you consent we will fight until one of us surrenders to the other. If you beat me in unarmed battle you may study with my soldiers, and if you do not we will see what happens. Perhaps you may have the chance to do so anyway. How about it?" He grinned at the man after stating his terms.

Action: Fight Jormundur in unarmed combat if he agrees.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:55:31 am by Mr. Dwarfinton »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: August 04, 2011, 12:02:52 pm »

((LITTLE?! damn, I never seen that coming. God this game is fun.))
Kain stood on the balcony grinning at this morning's revelation. Who would have thought, Lady Drua was the spy. Seemed like a loyal Elberethian. Kain shrugs at the air and calls that messenger boy back into his room.
Amaryllis, capture a guard named Banquo and arrest him, bring him to my city. The palace's jail cells are like tissue paper.Also warn the king that the palace guard may have some traitors in its midst and to tread careful...
He handed the piece of parchment to the boy and told him to run the horse as fast as he could.

((Not related))
Send a messenger to Stonewood.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:04:30 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: August 04, 2011, 12:07:45 pm »

Jormund is startled by the Honds request to fight, but after thinking about it he realized he should have expected something like it from these type of people. Since this is his best bet he's willing to take the risk but not happily.

Jormund accepts the challenge from Johnston

((This should hopefully be interesting. I really dislike leaving my fate to a rng though. O well))
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1343 on: August 04, 2011, 12:28:54 pm »

((I don't have any gunpowder and I'm in a tower that's only connected to the castle by a sky bridge, not sure I'm in much trouble))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 04, 2011, 12:31:32 pm »

((He's trying to pull a guy fawkes, you nitwit. Blow up the king. Maybe if you had some gaurds? Like the ones that were gaurding Amarillys? When she offered to help?))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 04, 2011, 12:35:47 pm »

((...We don't have a castle...

On another note, I've thought of a new upgrade: Signaller.

This upgrade uses fireworks to co-ordinate troops, using different colours to signal for troops to advance or retreat and such. An ideal price for it would be 1 Ducat for the upgrade itself and 2 ducats a turn in upkeep))

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: August 04, 2011, 12:37:43 pm »

((Yeah, becuase its currently burning down. Heh...Anywho sorry bout your village Taricus.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 04, 2011, 12:43:39 pm »

((Aside from that, it's more of a small mansion rather than a castle...))

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1348 on: August 04, 2011, 01:01:03 pm »

((He's trying to pull a guy fawkes, you nitwit. Blow up the king. Maybe if you had some gaurds? Like the ones that were gaurding Amarillys? When she offered to help?))

((What are you going on about?))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 04, 2011, 01:17:54 pm »

((Sorry for calling you a nitwit, but i really think that banquo is going to blow up the king and then posthumously blame you for it.))
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 188