Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185828 times)

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1290 on: August 02, 2011, 06:20:08 pm »

The Doctor nodded at Donald, "Yes, make them draw lots. We'll have more soldiers and it will have the same effect." He stayed watched the 'Parting' even though he despised of the idea that some of them were to be executed, but their fate was already chosen. At least he got something out of it. He flinched as he watched every tenth man be beaten to death by his comrades but tried to cover it up so Corv would not think him cowardly. Barbaric... He thought after the ritual, walking away from it all. "Donald, I am head to the newly conquered land to make sure everything is going smoothly." He called behind him.

Action: Travel to the McEwan's land.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 02, 2011, 06:31:42 pm »

((..Every. Goddamn. Time. Oh well, Its still a victory in my books. Terenos gains trait: Unfavored in Command, by the Gods themselves.))

Still gathering the regiments to move out, Terenos only has a few moments to meet with the captains of the Privateer sloops. But he has plenty of time to give them his instructions

Terenos orders the sloops to link up with the rest of the navy, but act as forerunners, striking at the merchant ships of Preston. Any booty is to be conveyed to the warships, for safe transport back to Miring. Miring warships will lurk in order to catch Preston ships unawares
(Tactic attempt: Piracy as bait to draw the enemy forces out carelessly)
As it appears there's no cargo space in those sloops. They'll get a fair cut of the booty. And our warships will cover them.

They get the same 1 Transport space as any other sea vessel, so the build would be capable of taking booty on board.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 02, 2011, 06:33:30 pm »

..Nah my way works better. Offers the king a chance to seize it, thus giving me an excuse to move against Miring to secure Suul's aid.
Am I that devious? YES.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 02, 2011, 06:37:43 pm »

I just see one problem. How do you stab Suul?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 02, 2011, 06:39:04 pm »

OOC:
I imagine once we have both the Duchy of Miring and the Duchy of Preston under our belt, Suul won't be able to do anything BUT surrender to us.

E: Oh, right. Some people are going to become Dukes once this war is over.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 02, 2011, 06:42:57 pm »

Admittedly I havent -entirely- worked out the assault on Suul, but yknow what? I can't think of everything here. We dont necessarily have to move on Suul immediately, or at all. As Thatkid says they may surrender to us. I also figure we're going to have to spend some time pacifying our new conquests.

Also..Theres proly some other nations beyond Suul we can use....Repeat strategy as necessary.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 02, 2011, 06:52:28 pm »

((If my map is completely canon, then the only thing nearby Suul is a bunch of city-states and Korlan.))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 02, 2011, 07:04:41 pm »

((If my map is completely canon, then the only thing nearby Suul is a bunch of city-states and Korlan.))

It's guideline canon.  The basic elements I'm accepting (rough location of states, name of and general geographical regions), but I'll be redrawing the map a little with the next map update.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 02, 2011, 07:08:57 pm »

It's guideline canon.  The basic elements I'm accepting (rough location of states, name of and general geographical regions), but I'll be redrawing the map a little with the next map update.
Any ETA on that?
Not trying to rush you or anything, but I'm looking forward to being able to split up the kingdom into duchies, and then counties/marchlands, and, should counts and marquesses wind up with enough land, basic fiefdoms. Not that we can't do that already, but having a visual aid for it would be nice.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 07:11:12 pm by thatkid »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 02, 2011, 07:11:48 pm »

Any ETA on that?
Not trying to rush you or anything, but I'm looking forward to being able to split up the kingdom into duchies, and then counties/marchlands, and, should counts and marquesses wind up with enough land, basic fiefdoms. Not that we can't do that already, but having a visual aid for it would be nice.

We'll say tomorrow or Thursday, hexographer format.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 02, 2011, 07:12:32 pm »

Any ETA on that?

We'll say tomorrow or Thursday, hexographer format.
Oooh, cool. Alrighty then :D

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 02, 2011, 07:38:34 pm »

((Sounds great. Whenever you get a chance. Hexographer is a pretty handy tool.
Huh..I wonder what the size of my new duchy will be..))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 02, 2011, 07:44:40 pm »

((My guess would be 1/2 of Either Preston or Miring. The undeveloped half)))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 02, 2011, 08:23:11 pm »

Do you want me to upload my map so you can change it?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 02, 2011, 09:48:52 pm »

Kain grinned to himself in his room. But now no spies were in his ranks and and the people properly scared.
"Now its time for the cherry..."

Give out a decree that this year's tax will be cut by 50%.

Kain stood on a balcony and gave a small speech.
"People of Lonemine, I hear you are scared. Do not fear! Those were traitors to the crown and they got what they deserve. You are not! And for your loyalty, taxes will be cut by 50% for one year, or more if I so deem!  Thank you for your loyalty!"
Kain turns aside and tells a captain to send a messanger to Sir Taric's village and ask how the village fares.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 11:08:25 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 188