Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185075 times)

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1215 on: August 01, 2011, 12:30:43 pm »

The Doctor opened his mouth to protest the idea of killing one part of their small, small military force. He decided it was a useless attempt, however. The Jarl was obviously set on the punishment of the raiders, though, and it would do little good if he declined. The Jarl might even think him a coward, and he had no military force to back him up as of now. "Of course, I will punish these cowards in front of everyone! Let this be a lesson to everyone that men like him will not live long!" He drew his short sword from his belt and walked over to Tyrus. "Donald, please prepare the Blôdvindr Raiders for public crucifixion. Let's make an example of them." McJohnston said, as he began walking behind Tyrus. He leaned close to the bound man, placing the blade across his neck. "Sorry..." He whispered above a barely audible tone. Drawing the blade across the neck he let the blood dripping from the wound cover his hand, so it looked like he was enjoying it.

Action: Attempt to crucify the remaining Blôdvindr Raiders. No doubt they will try to escape.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: August 01, 2011, 12:39:18 pm »

OOC:
Elbrethians aren't necessarily prevented from throwing their lot in with the Weylanders. As a Marquess, it's well within your rights to do that sort of thing so long as it doesn't undermine the Kingdom or anything. The only potential issues I can see is that the Highlands are Northwest of Elbreth and you are south of Elbreth, and Kain probably doesn't know that there is a brutal war for control of the highlands taking place.

Speaking of the rights of nobles, I'll probably write up something for Elbrethian nobles soon enough. It's a fairly simple thingamajog

In The Castle ~4 Days after Kaguro's Trial, ~6 Days after Sir Taric's Demon-slaying, Day of the War Meeting...

(Silas 4) Barte's eyes widen as you offer to help. After a moment, the look of surprise turns to a look of confusion. "Lad, yer a criminal. Don't seem t' be a violent one, bu' a criminal all th' same. Yer better off stayin' down 'ere, lest someone think yer tryin' t' break out..." He pauses a moment, listens to the thundering footsteps of a running regiment a floor above him, and then amends his statement: "'cuz yeh are tryin' t' break out."
A moment later, the sound of someone shouting "The Stables! They're in the stables!" can be heard. Berte's eyes widen as he looks up at the ceiling and curses. "Ah don't 'ave any weapons 'ere lad, save for me dagger. Y'can use tha' club there, ah hope?"

(Trubaldsome 2) Waery kicks in the door to the stables and carries in his wailing master. One of the stable hands, a young boy of perhaps no more than fourteen years of age, draws himself up before Waery, a riding crop in hand and fear in his eyes. A snarl from the man-servant sends the boy running, shouting their location to all the world just as the stable-master barrels out from one of the stalls, knocking Prince and Servant to the ground. (Taric 1) About a story above, still in the main castle, Sir Taric turns to lead his forces out in chase of the wayward Mirish Prince, only to find that his own men have been intercepted by Commander Leif's regiment. Those not injured in the initial fighting with Trubaldsome's men are forced to lay down their arms and surrender or be slain. The commander himself, a former veteran of the Eelspine campaign, draws his blade level with the Knight's. "Drop your sword, sir!"
(Lord Trubaldsome 1) Luckily, for Sir Taric at least, Trubaldsome's regiment has been intercepted and caught off guard by Commander Leif's regiment as well, and thus has met a similar fate.

(Trubaldsome/Waery 5) Waery kicks the stable-master in the groin before knocking him aside with a punishing blow to the head. Gathering up Trubaldsome, he puts the Prince upon his horse and the two prepare to make their escape. (Trubaldsome 6) Trubaldsome grabs up a lantern and tosses it back as they exit the stables. The stables burst into flames, however drapes billowing from the windows of Trubaldsome's quarters light aflame as well and soon the entire room, and parts of the hall, are burning. (Trubaldsome 1) The horse is spooked by the sudden inferno and rears back, tossing both Waery and Trubaldsome to the ground just as a second royal regiment catches sight of them.

After Several Meetings (A Few Days Before The Above Fiasco)...

(Mahtan 5) You deconstruct and reconstruct the ballista several times over, until finally you're able to devise a version that requires less parts and thus takes less time to construct and is easier to travel. They're still pretty big though.

An Indeterminate Time...

(Locanil 2-1) You don't make any progress teaching today, and it feels as if you're treading water. With the current class size, many of the students get distracted and it feels almost as if they're somehow forgetting the things they've already learned.
The Steward informs you that the trade caravan likely will not leave until the situation within the Kingdom (and the situation with Preston and Miring) is less chaotic.

Elsewhere in the World...

In the Southern Eelspine Range...

(Zimtar Raiders 5) Your men utilize several of the less-lethal traps found in the hunting lodge to set up a crude trap. They then drop some of your food stores near the traps. Several days later, one of them reports back: You have successfully captured the bears! Nobody really knows how to go about training a bear though. (3) Your men utilize the digging tools, and eventually come across some copper deposits.

In an Unknown Region...

(Sir Jormund 1) You begin to wander towards the North-west, but you soon lose track of your bearings. Eventually it gets to the point where you're not even sure if the sun is rising or setting, preventing you from telling east from west and north from south. (5) You do come across the site of a recent bloody battle. Vultures pick at piles of dead, and several of the soldier's shields are covered in a blackened leather adorned with dried blood in the shape of a wolf's head. In the distance, you can see what looks like a patrol.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 01, 2011, 12:52:06 pm »

Look for advantages for our side to use in battle. Look for someone who can light my 1 unit of shortbowmen's arrows aflame for the battle.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 01, 2011, 02:21:39 pm »

In front of the Longhouse

Corv has never felt so helpless as at that moment. Without speech he needed to write and that took to awfully long to keep a conversation going at a reasonable pace. He stood next to Johnson seeing the revulsion in his eyes. Luckily the clansmen were too far away to see this sign of weakness. He shot him a understanding look but didn't intervene. Even as more and more of the Clansmen cried out for the man to be beaten to death and not just beheaded. Although it often seemed that he himself enjoyed it Corv did it for the sake of discipline. A disciplined army needed to fear and respect it superiors. And that entailed executions in case of cowardice.

Donald came up with the remaining Raiders, most of them had given in into their fate, mostly because they had been bound and chained together making escape horribly complicated.
"Lad, yer sure ter want to crucify them all? Law only sees it fit to draw lots. Chief called it the "Parting". Let them draw lots and every tenth lot is a black point. Ten let them without black points beat those with them to death. Ensures that them follow orders next time. And yer mustn't do all the bloody work."

Somewhere on the McEwans lands

"Oi boss, look o'er there!"

"Aye i see it. Strange people..."

"Yer mean more McKinleys?"

"nah ter few, besides they seem to ahve a pretty wench between them...let 'em come closer maybe they want ter sell her..."

Somewhere between the Weylands and Elbereth

Reg was still carrying Erika over his back not caring for any eventual protests on that matter.
Yer will see, me is a big Chief at the Weylands. i'm the Advisor of the Manskinner. Yer will live like home just without the courts an yer can have as many slave handmaidens as yer wish an'...
he had been rambling since hours trying to sweeten her future life as Misses Reg McRiar.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 01, 2011, 02:27:34 pm »

"Very well Sir Leif, I surrender. I guess I'll be going to see the king then, o-" Taric was cut off the sounds of a fire starting. "WE HAVE TO GET EVERYONE OUT, NOW!" Surrender, but try and help with the worsoning situation.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:39:52 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: August 01, 2011, 02:44:36 pm »

The class was too big to teach. It was getting crowded down here and the new students didn't know anything. The ones he had already taught were starting to forget. He had ideas...He could ask the wealthy people of the city for donations to create a school and hire some staff or he could just ask the king to hire another teacher. Things to ponder over....

What was that smell? Smelled like smoke. Fire?

"Class over. careful when you leave. I smell fire"

What caused the fire this time? That alchemist go make the black powder again? A squabble between nobles? just a pyromaniac doing what he loves? Locanil wanted to know.

Action- Investigate fire.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: August 01, 2011, 03:01:07 pm »

((Serouisly, we'll need a new castle. Thats like the sixth room thats been lit on fire.))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 01, 2011, 03:02:22 pm »

((Bugger that, I think the king will be Pyrophobic by the time this finishes.))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 01, 2011, 03:34:12 pm »

OOC:
Elbreth be implementing some very harsh laws ie.fires next year.
Start a fire? Executed.

In other news, Elbreth will be implementing laws in general some time soon :O

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 01, 2011, 03:37:51 pm »

((Well, Trubaldsome might, MIGHT be the first to be punished under the new law :P))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: August 01, 2011, 03:39:50 pm »

OOC:
Assuming Taric has the evidence to back up his accusations.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 01, 2011, 03:41:50 pm »

((Nono, that's the murder charges. Someone else would do the arson charge))

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1227 on: August 01, 2011, 03:46:24 pm »

((Starting a "study" meaning It will take a year of time, however I'm available to do any roleplaying during this time as long as I can stay around my studies))

Study the bodies mechanical workings, and how they can be duplicated.

((In order to complete a study I need 50 study points, which I can earn or lose do to dice rolls that happen while everything else it going on. and only while I am able to study.))

Request a male and female test subject (alive, with no plans to kill), between 16-25.

((Chances of people thinking I want prostitutes 99%))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 01, 2011, 03:47:22 pm »

((Chances that's getting rolled for = 100% XD))

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 01, 2011, 03:50:36 pm »

((King i answered your question about who sent Amyrallis.

Start a fire? Executed.
I expect hilarity to insue from that.
"Do, do, do, cooking my dinner."
*Gaurds bust in.*
"Look out he's got a match!"
*Fifty crossbow bolts hit the man cooking dinner.
"Whew that was close. I felt myself get a bit warm there!"))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:52:12 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 188