Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185088 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1185 on: July 31, 2011, 04:03:10 pm »

OOC:
If anyone has any questions on the titles, feel free to ask.
Also, Terenos definitely deserves a title for his actions in Preston/Miring the year before the war. Suggestions are welcome :P

Yeah, Elbrethian dungeons suck as far as keeping people in them go. They'll probably be the first thing upgraded once we have the engineers and the funds.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 05:34:57 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: July 31, 2011, 04:05:07 pm »

OOC: Bad idea Jormundur, stay with them, get ransomed, get thrown into the dungeons THEN try to escape. I mean its propably the worst dunegon existing. Its propably still quite shaky due to the alchemists experiments, they have a light-hearted gaoler and the cell doors are rusted, seriously just tag along...

Regs eyes went wide. He gently set down Erika and began to rub his beard.

Waaaait,wait,wait wait. In the tavern yer tol' me that yer just a minor noble wench and that yer 'ad enough o' the court. I hope tha' yer still marry some lowborn Chieftain? In the Weylands we take marriage agreements seriously

[3]  Erika mostly just cries, but you get the impression that both of you were very drunk.  You vaguely recall something about her being betrothed to a man she hated, now gone off to war, the man she loved not wanting her (and apparently some sort of demon slayer?) and wanting to escape from it all.  Clearly she did not have the slightest idea what she may or may not have drunkenly promised.

It's equally clear that whatever men she left behind aren't going to be too understanding about it if you try to bring her back, either.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: July 31, 2011, 04:06:20 pm »

((Oh come on, I'm trying to kill Trubaldsome for her! D:))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1188 on: July 31, 2011, 04:25:58 pm »

((So while we wait for, I don't even remember.  To tell me who sent them,  what should I research next))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 31, 2011, 04:36:39 pm »

OOC:
King, while you're waiting for Filius to respond maybe timeskip ahead to other meetings or whatever it is you also have to do?
IN any case, you should research better defenses or something like that. Maybe nonflammable walls for our dungeons? :P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:41:25 pm by thatkid »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 31, 2011, 04:42:29 pm »

((Mahtan discoverers stone, sadly it's been discovered by other places.  Plus I don't have anymore meetings))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 31, 2011, 04:46:35 pm »

((I think he proved stone to be flammable :P))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 31, 2011, 05:40:07 pm »

OOC:
You could get involved in the situation with Taric and Trubaldsome, or the situation with our incompetent jailer and Silas (both of which are taking place on the same day). I don't remember if you'd been released from jail yet at that point, but it's reasonable to assume that you have.
You could also come up with a random goal or something. Maybe try and help with the war effort from home somehow? I dunno.

Unknown Area...

(Sir Jormund 6) The bandits are taking a strange, round-a-bout route so as to avoid the Brighthall patrols. One dank, dark night one of the night guards lets out a terrified shout, claiming to have seen some sort of dark creature moving in the shadows just outside their fire. Your guards are a superstitious lot, and panic quickly sets in. You use this to your advantage, and soon have your bonds undone. Breaking free, you sprint into the darkness beyond.
You're unsure how long the bandits gave chase, and for all you know they could have given up as soon as you left the light of the fire, but as the first rays of dawn approach you find yourself lost, alone, and in unfamiliar territory characterized by large rolling green hills and the occasional rocky crag.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 05:48:53 pm by thatkid »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 31, 2011, 05:46:52 pm »

((I don't really know what's going on politics wise, I'm too focused on my work))

Sometime after...  Try to increase ballista efficiency.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 31, 2011, 06:28:04 pm »

The day of the battle came and the commander directed his troops to the battle strategy they had planned. Though he was surprised, as most of the soldiers probably were, when he found out that the McKinley forces took over the McEwan's land they did not let that hinder the attack.  As he was trying to prove his loyalty to the chief he sent his personal guard to lead the charge. The soldiers fought against the tides of the McKinley's troops, only to be brought down by the superior trainingof the opposing force. Corv's personal guard took over the fight against those clansmen, eventually ending the troops who brought down the personal guard. As McJohnstons's soldiers fought against the enemy they suffered many losses, but managed to gain a foothold as the remaining forces flanked around and brought the McKinley's down.
After fixing up some of the soldiers, as best as he could, he began his journey back to Corv so he could give a report of the battle. Luckily they had won the battle, but he feared the enemy might not be so happy about losing a small part of their army.

The doctor, now commander, walked into the throne room. His left hand was covered in a bloody bandage and several unseen cuts oozed blood from underneath his shirt. "Corv," He said, trying to bow as much as he could. "We have won the battle. We suffered heavy losses and the McKinley's did something we did not consider. They took over the McEwan's land and enslaved their people, fortunately they sent over only a small group of soldiers. They fought hard, however, and we lost all but two regiments of our army." McJohnston frowned as he thought about how many men they lost. Forgetting about it he turned the topic to a better tone. "But don't fret, here comes the good news! The McEwan's wealth numbered greater than their forces and the McKinley's soldiers had equipment that we could sell for a large amount of money! We managed to get six ducats and took over four parcels of land as ours. It is a joyous time... if you forget about the losses, of course." The Doctor managed a smile at the Chief, and retired for the day. 

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 31, 2011, 06:39:34 pm »

While Terenos was concerning himself with the generals and the big plan, Drua decided to head out to the troops themselves. Drua headed out to one of the large camps that house a regiment. If she could get a small guard of archers and use the poison she had made earlier, she could attempt to assassinate Preston leaders on the way here...

Get a small band of archers and your poison, head out to follow Preston forces, wait until night and head throughout their camp, poisoning the nobility.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 31, 2011, 06:40:59 pm »

Start traveling to the North West since that's the direction that Brighthall is most likely to be.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 31, 2011, 07:38:41 pm »

Kaguro looked out on the soon to be battlefield, a glint of excitement in his eye. Finally, out of the throne room and back on the battlefield, where he belonged. He looked over the future field of battle and attempted to find any thing the army could use to it's advantage. He then proceeded to look for someone knowledgeable in oils and salves, perhaps his own personal guard of shortbowmen could have their arrows lit aflame

Look for advantages for our side to use in battle. Look for someone who can light my 1 unit of shortbowmen's arrows aflame for the battle.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 31, 2011, 07:41:34 pm »

OOC:
You know you chose the right guy for the job when they don't even consider diplomacy :D

E: Has anyone heard from Knave or Filius in a bit? It doesn't feel like Filius has been gone long, but I don't think we've heard from Knave in a while. Both had interesting characters and ideas and the like, too...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 07:51:23 pm by thatkid »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: July 31, 2011, 07:42:43 pm »

No doing battle right away though, I want to try out the cavalry :D
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 188