Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185094 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1170 on: July 31, 2011, 02:49:42 pm »

OOC: Quantum uncertainty could potentially rewrite the battle plans if Taric is left unable to travel to Eelspine to gather reinforcements for Miring. If that does end up being the case, we'll just say that Kain was in charge of that >_>
In any case, Reg didn't arrive till a month after everyone set out for Miring so Erika is still around during all this chaos.

Regardless of how this turns out, this little bout of chaos is only going to cause Erik to crack down hard. Demons, fires, and nobles battling in the castle do not a stable kingdom make.

In The Castle ~4 Days after Kaguro's Trial, ~6 Days after Sir Taric's Demon-slaying, Day of the War Meeting...

(Lord Trubaldsome/Sir Taric) Commander Leif's regiment had been the one closest to Trubaldsome's quarters when shouts of a (3) traitor had gone up, and then fell silent. It had taken him and his men a moment to ascertain what floor the fighting had been coming from, but when the sound of fighting reached their ears it took them a second, perhaps less, to act. Immediately a runner was sent to gather a second regiment, preferably one of those which were off-duty, and then the king. The others were already making their way up the stairs with weapons drawn. The fighting was not taking place very high up, but Osvald was the first to step into the bloody hallway and the green boy staggered back in horror upon seeing a gutted soldier in the Demon Slayer's livery. Leif shoved him aside and, great-axe in hand, led his regiment in pacifying Trubaldsome's regiment (And Taric's regiment when necessary), taking any alive who would lay down their arms, with the full confidence that a second regiment was making its way across the courtyard to lend aid.

(Silas 4) Barte's eyes widen in surprise, and he runs a hand through his greasy hair. "Lad, nobody tol' meh you was down here!" he replies, shocked. "Yeh shoulda been brought 'fore someone by now to decide what was t' be done with yah!" He motions you over to the Gaoler's room, and rushes to gather up a wooden bowl. "Ah'll go an' get th' Steward, bu'...y'should eat somethin', how long you been down h-"
It's then that Barte pauses. From the window of a nearby cell, the sound of steel crashing against steel and the shouting of "TRAITOR" can be heard.

~7 Weeks After the Armies Set Out...

(Locanil 6) You convince those who ran off that by becoming educated they may rise in rank and status some day. Of course, you may have given them the wrong impression -- they now think that becoming educated might even grant them the same rights as nobles. They also bring in several more students with such promises, over-expectant students at that. Teaching classes will be significantly more difficult now. (-1 due to class size.) You then don a heavy cloak to try and disguise your appearance before heading out into town. (2) The cloak falls short however, and your tail is a little more than visible. Upon stepping out of the gates, a peasant woman lets out a shriek of "Demon!" and faints. Immediately here husband and three sons are surrounding you, crude weaponry in hand as they shout for help. An angry mob is forming.

Elsewhere in the World...

In the Ztah Steppes...

(Sir Jormund 2) You built the wall well, and are unable to tear it down in time. (2) You realize this too late, and the combined bandit/raider forces arrive even as you, your remaining men, and the peasantry work to tear down the defenses. They are still preparing a charge from atop a nearby hill as you order everyone back behind the wall. (5) One of your remaining soldiers hoists himself up atop the wall using some felled lumber as steps and peers out at the opposing forces. "Only thirty or so!" he shouts back to you, "And all on foot!"

You can still try to escape the imminent battle and head to Brighthall, or you can try to hold off the oncoming forces (Using your +1 defensive bonus from the wall, you'd be able to match their 1 strength regiment)

In the Eelspine Range...

(Zimtar Raiders 5) The goatherders return a long time later with 1 Ducat worth of picks and shovels. (1-2) Your people attempt to settle the plateau, but harsh weather conditions and a family of bears make the task impossible. The entire settling party is found dead or missing by your raiders a week later. You will be more than just hard-pressed to try and settle any other areas. (N/A) You're unable to continue to send scouts out this year, due to a catastrophic loss of life during your last scouting attempt.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 31, 2011, 02:51:08 pm »

((I'm starting to regret leaving the King of Miring alive. Hes rapidly approaching an Unfortunate Accident. As is a large chunk of his court..Again. Right. Time to draw up some battle plans.))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 31, 2011, 02:51:54 pm »

((I'm starting to regret leaving the King of Miring alive. Hes rapidly approaching an Unfortunate Accident. As is a large chunk of his court..Again. Right. Time to draw up some battle plans.))
OOC: We were gonna become an expansionist state if we conquered Preston during this war. So that may have happened anyways...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 31, 2011, 02:54:48 pm »

((I say we take both out, become mega-kingdom in one fell swoop >:3))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 31, 2011, 02:55:37 pm »

((Well its good that I'm in position to make this happen anyways. Besides, I now either want the king to die in battle, or for myself to become such a hero to the people that I get public support for my almost inevitable betrayal. First things first, we have to defeat Preston. They're far too damn strong.

Hey Iituem, was there not an Admiral I could talk to as well? Some grizzled sea captain who would be in charge of their navy?))

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 31, 2011, 03:03:46 pm »

Edit:  Ignore this post.  Thatkid got to it first, and I defer to his rolls.

Edit 2:  [1]  They had a fantastic, unstoppable Admiral.  His name was Count Castor, and you threw him out of a window.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:09:13 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 31, 2011, 03:06:01 pm »

*Points out that thatkid already rolled for that*
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 31, 2011, 03:07:35 pm »

((I don't quite know what I'm risking if I'm fighting using a wall and I don't have any regiments.))

If I'm allowed to fight without a regiment then I'll stay and try and hold the place until the soldiers from Brighthall arrive otherwise attempt to flee.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 31, 2011, 03:15:19 pm »

((Well. I can't argue with that. Oh wait I can; I didnt throw him out a window damnit. HE jumped, the faithless coward. Course thats between me and Manning. Everyone else can believe I bested him in personal combat, along with his guards, then tossed him out the window.))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 31, 2011, 03:16:42 pm »

((I don't quite know what I'm risking if I'm fighting using a wall and I don't have any regiments.))

If I'm allowed to fight without a regiment then I'll stay and try and hold the place until the soldiers from Brighthall arrive otherwise attempt to flee.
OOC: I'm sort of doing an impromptu temp-ruling that as a last ditch effort you can organize the peasantry and your very few remaining soldiers into a str 0 regiment. If you lose, you risk capture and whatever fate the bandits and raiders have waiting for you. If you win, your rag-tag group has managed to defeat their militia.
Naturally Iituem can rule against this, but I didn't think it was fair to basically leave you with no other option than to defect to Brighthall.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 31, 2011, 03:21:08 pm »

Ah hell not again. He hated it when the angry mob formed. If you ran, you were chased and could die. If you stayed, you died. Only difference now was that the ruler of the land had become his patron.

"I'm not a demon citizens, if I were a demon why would I bother disguising myself? And how come I do not spout flames or bring darkness or misfortune wherever I go? Did the last demon you've seen look like me? I am a servant of the king, nothing more. If you still do not believe me, then ask someone at the castle, anyone would know. "

He waited and tried to look passive.

Action- Convince mob I'm not a demon and if they still don' believe me, tell them to ask anyone from the castle.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:38:10 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 31, 2011, 03:21:52 pm »

I'll stand my ground for now then.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 31, 2011, 03:30:02 pm »

OOC: I'm sort of doing an impromptu temp-ruling that as a last ditch effort you can organize the peasantry and your very few remaining soldiers into a str 0 regiment. If you lose, you risk capture and whatever fate the bandits and raiders have waiting for you. If you win, your rag-tag group has managed to defeat their militia.
Naturally Iituem can rule against this, but I didn't think it was fair to basically leave you with no other option than to defect to Brighthall.

I'll let this roll for the sake of drama.

The combined Yevenov-Bandit force charges down the hill toward your palisade.  You quickly raise the handful of survivors still under your command and equip them with whatever tools and makeshift weapons you have left and man the walls.

[1+1 vs 3+1]  Alas, bravery and a stout wall simply do not match (let alone repel) superior numbers and equipment.  The Yevenovs swarm over the wall, slaughtering everyone they can find.  Outnumbered and outclassed, you are forced to surrender and are captured.  They butcher any other survivors, keeping you alive because they have not yet decided whether to torture you to death or if they might get a ransom for you.

[4]  Time passes.  Your captors have reached a decision; it seems that they have heard you are wanted for crimes against the Kingdom of Elbreth, and are planning to ransom you to the King there so they can execute you.  In any case, it will be a few weeks' travel before you get there and you will only have a small guard - the remainder are staying behind to protect the captured land.

Ah hell not again. He hated it when the angry mob formed. If you ran, you were chased. If you stayed, you died. Only difference now was that the ruler of the land had become his patron.

"I'm not a demon citizens, if I were a demon why would I bother disguising myself? I am a servant of the king, nothing more. If you still do not believe me, then ask someone at the castle, anyone would know. "

He waited and tried to look passive.

Action- Convince mob I'm not a demon and if they still don' believe me, tell them to ask anyone from the castle.

[5]  Your smooth words and the fact that you just left the castle seem to do the trick.  One of the crowd mutters that with everything going on, he'd rather not get in trouble for killing the King's new pet.  Nevertheless, the mob stands warily away from you - it is clear they would rather you were gone the sooner.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 31, 2011, 03:35:49 pm »

Attempt to escape the Yevenov guards and get into Brighthall.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 31, 2011, 04:00:29 pm »

OOC: Bad idea Jormundur, stay with them, get ransomed, get thrown into the dungeons THEN try to escape. I mean its propably the worst dunegon existing. Its propably still quite shaky due to the alchemists experiments, they have a light-hearted gaoler and the cell doors are rusted, seriously just tag along...

Regs eyes went wide. He gently set down Erika and began to rub his beard.

Waaaait,wait,wait wait. In the tavern yer tol' me that yer just a minor noble wench and that yer 'ad enough o' the court. I hope tha' yer still marry some lowborn Chieftain? In the Weylands we take marriage agreements seriously

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 188