Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185072 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1125 on: July 29, 2011, 02:45:57 pm »

it seemed he underestimated the intelligence of the peasants, time for more difficult studies. Also interesting to know that much of the population had converted simply because another faith was available. Perhaps these people loved their kings so much that when the grandmaster was brought into the court they thought that was the faith the king wanted the people to believe in...Were there any tensions between the newly converted Cyclists and the resistant Old God worshipers he wondered? Once again time to ask Berte.

Action- Teach half of class better writing skills . Get other half of class to go around city and write down anything that seemed interesting. Ask Berte if the Cyclists and Old God worshipers have been arguing or fighting.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 03:01:52 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 29, 2011, 02:53:54 pm »

((Err, I think you'll be in for a nasty surprise ;D))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 29, 2011, 06:31:41 pm »

Send some goat herders to a towns to purchase digging and mining tools
Send scouts to search for a large flat area
Send scouts to search for a ravine

Spoiler: Ztah (click to show/hide)
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 30, 2011, 09:57:42 am »

Silas looks from the piece of wood in his hand, to the rusty hinge on the door of his cell, and back again. Guess that's as good a sign of divine prophecy as any, he thinks.

"Hey! Guard types? Since you all seem to have forgotten my existence, I'm just gonna leave, if that's all right."

>In the highly likely event that there is no response, break out of the cell.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 30, 2011, 02:15:16 pm »

In the Castle Dungeons...

(Silas 6) You call out, but there is no response. At least, there is no response as far as you can tell. (4) Utilizing the broken piece of wood, you're able to eventually break the rusted hinges. The door leans in towards you, but luckily does not topple down. (4) You slip through the thin crack and into the hallway. (2) Just as Berte the Gaoler is coming by to see what all that shouting had been about earlier. He looks both surprised to see that someone has been down here, and also very angry that someone who was locked down here (without his knowledge, no less!) is trying to escape.

An Indeterminate Time...

(Locanil 1) You attempt to teach half the class writing skills, but those that you kept indoors are rather jealous of those you deemed ready to go out on a fact-finding mission. They essentially rebel, leaving the room early. They may not come back for the next class. (2) The members of your class who you sent out to the city return several hours later, drunk and with absolutely nothing written down. (4) Berte informs you that while, as in all cases, there are the rare few bigots who violently oppose the other religion (whatever that may be), the majority of Elbrethians have simply assimilated their own religion into the Cyclist religion rather peacefully, resulting in a sort of "Folk sect". Obviously he doesn't use those exact words.

Elsewhere in the World...

The Ztah Steppes...

(Sir Jormund 6) Your spies are able to spread sufficient enough rumors to ensure an unhealthy level of paranoia in the steppes. It looks like a massive, bloody conflict is about to erupt and all because you had to go and get the Baikov's killed. (6) Your runner is able to reach Brighthall forces and alert them to the location of the bandits. They believe him, but only because one of the soldiers IDs him as having taken part in a previous raid. Luckily, your runner was allowed to go free anyways. This was so that he might deliver a message to you: The Silverbranch regiment is willing to allow you to live should you surrender peacefully and agree to certain "working" terms, mostly revolving around informing them of the actions of Ztah raiders, and occasionally preventing said raids from happening. Agreeing to these terms no doubt chafes with the anti-monarchic beliefs that started this whole ordeal, however. Either way, the regiment will not be able to arrive till after the battle. Their troops simply move to slowly.
Your scouts estimate that the attack will happen soon (You've one action left).

On the Eelspine/Suul Border...

(Ztah Raiders 2) The villagers of Suul are unable to spare any of their tools at the time, and the nearest blacksmith who is capable of making such things is too far away. You are unable to acquire the necessary supplies. (4) There is a large, open plateau several days south of your location. (5) One of the plateau's edges open up into a ravine.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 30, 2011, 02:22:42 pm »

As much as Jormund hates working for a crown he realizes after much deliberation that there's not much choice for them to at this point.

Because of the fact that it looks like a battle is imminent Jormund orders the deconstruction of the wall so that the town might be retaken more easily at a later point. He then orders all of the people left in the town to try and sneak out to Brighthall during the night (if caught tell whoever caught them that they can have the land). If Brighthall is reached agree to their requests on the terms that they get to keep their independence for themselves and that they help retake the town from the raiders.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 30, 2011, 02:24:28 pm »

Three guards are to keep the goons at bay, three are to help me with taking Trubaldsome/Waery down. Number seven goes around screaming that Trubaldsome is a traitor.
You forgot this, unless you're waiting on Yoink's action...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 30, 2011, 02:37:03 pm »

The Doctor had a look of frustration on his face when he heard that they knew nothing of the enemy. "I guess we'll have to attempt to take them out with sheer force, eh?" He said to no one in particular. Turning to Donald he began talking again, "Go get your soldiers ready for the battle. Tomorrow we'll attack. Tell your men that I want two regiments attacking from the south, two attacking from the north and the rest going head on." And with that McJohnston turned and walked out of room. He returned to his soldiers and told them the plan. "You'll be attacking head on. Don't try to be a hero, eh? Good. Ready up, we leave early tomorrow." The commander returned to his second in-command, and finished discussing the war plans.

Action: Attack the McEwans. Use the same strategy detailed in the post. Two regiments flanking from one direction, two more flanking from another and two attack head on.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:55:14 pm by Mr. Dwarfinton »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 30, 2011, 02:38:21 pm »

((Well that sucked)

Well that was a failure, Locanil decided. He guessed he better let them get over their hangovers. He should talk to those who ran off, if they didn't continue with their education their was no way they would move up in status and rank. Since the fools couldn't even do one little task, Locanil would have to do so himself.

Action- Convince those who ran off to return to class. Tell them they can't get any more power or wealth without further education. Let the drunks get over their hangovers. Explore city and write down anything interesting. Bring a heavy cloak.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 30, 2011, 02:39:07 pm »

As Waery jumps back and the man crashes through the poorly-made thing, Trubaldsome turns, gives a screech of fright, loses balance and topples over, knocking his footbath aside with a loud clang and scrambling back behind his desk on all fours.

Waery, still fairly calm, steps quickly foward as he draws his sword, to place it at the intruder's throat.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Trubaldsome manages from his spot behind the desk, before his mouth just simply starts flapping like a fish's. "You- I- What-- Madness!" White-faced. he began scrabbling about amongst the writing implements on his desk for his swordbelt, plainly not a believer in the phrase, 'the pen is mightier than the sword'.

((Sorry for crapness, really early! :P ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 30, 2011, 04:15:35 pm »

"Oh, I see how it is, when I'm trying to determine whether I need to break out at all, nobody bothers showing up, but as soon as I actually break something, now it's time to pay attention." Silas lets out an exasperated sigh. "That door needs new hinges, by the way. I did break them, but they were already wearing out before I got to them. What if you had tried to hold someone actually dangerous in that cell?"

You clearly have no idea where you're going with this. Then again, you had no idea what you would do after breaking out of the cell, and you did that anyway.

"Um. I think I'm getting off-track here." Not sure I was on track to begin with, really... "Look, the steward guy promised me an audience with the King. Is that a thing you can make happen? Or failing that, get him to make it happen, or explain why it can't happen, or, or acknowledge it in any way?"

It seems you're trying to get your promised audience. Not... real sure this is the best thing to do here. Your choice, though, I guess.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 30, 2011, 05:45:08 pm »

((Wow I simply cannot keep a regiment. Oh well.))

Terenos kicked a peasant off his blade and looked around the battlefield. Muttering to himself "Damn my misfortune. Mayhaps I shouldn't lead." He cleaned his blade on a scrap of tunic and sauntered down the street, seeking out Manning's forces.

Rejoin Manning's Crew. Lay trap. Personally attempt to lead another regiment into it.
Oh if you like, leave that last part up in the air for a bit. It could be...Delicious. At the very least I want to find another enemy regiment.

Whilst Manning and his men set themselves up for the intended ambush, you try to attract the attention of some of the peasants raiding the city.  [2]  You throw a few rocks at them, but your aim proves so poor they barely even notice you.  [3]  You try a more direct approach and yell at them, waving your arms.  Some of them call to their allies and others chase after you.  [6]  You lead them on a merry chase, keeping them strung along just long enough to gather their forces before leading them into the trap.  Unfortunately, they also gather their noble leaders, and before you know it all of the raiders in the city are converging upon Manning's position.  [6]  You evade the last of your pursuers skillfully enough to get into position for your part in the ambush, but so skillfully that Manning does not even see you approach and wastes time waiting for you until both enemy regiments are in position.

Miring Ambush: [6+2 vs 1+2]

In a stark reversal of earlier fortunes, Manning's men execute an almost flawless ambush.  The original trap is sprung when the regiments charge through the chosen street in pursuit of Terenos; the peasants charging first, the nobles behind.  Just as the noble regiment reaches the given point, Manning's men break several weakened beams in the supports of the houses on either side of the street, causing them to subside and crash inward, drowning the nobles in falling masonry.  The peasants realise too late what is happening and try to stop their charge, at which point Manning's men draw taut concealed ropes at the street level into which the charging rabble run, tripping several and causing the rest to fall about themselves.  Thereafter it proves a simple matter of the better equipped, better trained men moving into the melee and finishing up.

A few minutes after the ambush begins, it is over.  The raiders are broken and as news spreads the survivors flee back into the hills.  Word reaches the castle, which opens the gates again and only then sends out guards to pacify the surroundings.

[I don't recall if the King's troops are headed direct to Preston, or to Miring first.  If they are headed direct to Miring, they may now arrive there and make any preparations they wish.  If not, I'll handle them approaching Preston.]

Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 30, 2011, 05:51:12 pm »

((This confirms my suspicion that I am far better alone..Or with a single ambush capable regiment. Huzzah. Say snarky things about my plans NOW!))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 30, 2011, 06:09:19 pm »

Three guards are to keep the goons at bay, three are to help me with taking Trubaldsome/Waery down. Number seven goes around screaming that Trubaldsome is a traitor.
You forgot this, unless you're waiting on Yoink's action...

[6]  Taric's man runs into the corridors, screaming 'Traitor, traitor!  Trubaldsome is a traitor!".  Soon enough, the sound of armoured men running up the castle steps can be heard, as his screams have attracted the attention of a guard.  Sadly for the man, the closest guard at hand was Trubaldsome's own, who swiftly silence him.  This will delay, but not prevent, the arrival of the palace guard who almost certainly will want to resolve the issue as well.

Sir Taric, prepared, has a Weapon (+1), Armour (+1) and Guard (+1) advantage, and the men assisting him provide 3 extra hp.
Lord Trubaldsome, unprepared, has a Weapon (+1) and Guard (+1) advantage, with Waery providing 1 extra hp.  Lord Trubaldsome has been caught without his armour, mid-relaxing foot bath.

[3+3 vs 4+2]  Waery moves to place his sword at Sir Taric's throat but one of Taric's men intervenes and deals Waery a hard gash to his forearm, forcing the manservant to duck back.  As Trubaldsome draws his own sword, the injured Waery switches his sword to his uninjured hand and disembowels the soldier who injured him with a clean stroke.  Taric gets back to his feet, sword in hand.  [Trubaldsome 3hp, Taric 5hp]

[5+3 vs 1+2]  Taric kicks Waery in the gut, forcing him to the side and swinging his blade overhand at Trubaldsome.  The heavy sword crashes into Trubaldsome's desk, splintering it and forcing it back.  The impact knocks Trubaldsome off his feet, though the noble is able to retain control of his sword.  [Trubaldsome 2hp, Taric 5hp]

Several of Trubaldsome's regiment arrive, charging at the three guards holding the door.  A couple are able to muscle their way past and join in the fight on Trubaldsome's side, though the rest are busy fighting their counterparts.  (Trubaldsome gains 2hp from guards.)

[5+3 vs 2+2]  Taric puts one foot on the desk and wrenches the sword from it, swinging it backward in a wide arc and slicing clean through the torsoes of the members of Trubaldsome's guard that made it through, instantly removing his fleeting advantage.  [Trubaldsome 3hp, Taric 5hp]

[4+3 vs 6+2]  Waery, distracted whilst trying to hold off Taric's fellow soldiers, finally gains enough of an advantage to pull off a riposte and run one of them through.  [Trubaldsome 3hp, Taric 4hp]

[5+3 vs 2+2]  Taric advances on Trubaldsome once again.  The rather foppish noble raises his sword and tries to pull off an intricate maneouvre, but Taric's simple swing smashes the blade to one side.  Trubaldsome feels something crack in his sword hand, but he can still hold the blade.  [Trubaldsome 2hp, Taric 4hp]

"Boss!" shouts Waery, headbutting Taric's lone remaining guard, "Time to go!"

Taric has the advantage.  Will Trubaldsome try to fight, flee or surrender?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1139 on: July 30, 2011, 06:21:29 pm »

((I'm gonna guess flee, or lie))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 188