Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185076 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1110 on: July 28, 2011, 08:01:15 pm »

Gain entry. Hack of the door if we have to.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1111 on: July 29, 2011, 12:33:38 am »

"Come in!"

Mahtan's room is already a mess.  However he is already dressed in his new attire, which amazingly actually looks good, in comparison to the rags he had on earlier.  The windows are covered with sheets, and every inch of the tables lined with paper, some already having notes on them, his ballista already rebuilt and aimed out a window that points to a pasture, it isn't loaded, and lucky for the livestock he doesn't have any.

Amaryllis enters.

Now what is it that you want? He says without even looking up from his desk.

Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 29, 2011, 12:59:46 am »

"To speak with you about various things. I don't understand most of it." Amaryllis replied as she stepped in and leaned against a wall. She rummaged around in her pockets and pulled out a slip of paper. She hands this over to Mahtan and then pulls out a another slip of -Blank this time- paper and a piece of charcoal.

The paper reads as follows.
Hello Alchemist,
I hope my messenger finds you well, Etcetera. Etcetera.
Let me cut to the chase. Do you know of any Alchemical Reagents that cause rapid changes in living organisms? Namely controllable changes?
Rewards will be great if you can help me with this...

((Probably going to have to ask the Gm too...I ask wayyyy too many questions...))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:04:02 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 29, 2011, 01:06:20 am »

Who sent you?

((Not much else to ask))

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 29, 2011, 01:31:19 am »

Finally, the peasants were some what competent. To Locanil it had been maddening to have to correct them on every mistake, but finally, they were on the level of hatchlings starting their first days of education (20 years; hatcuri grow slower than humans). Now he would teach them the very basics of addition and subtraction, and perhaps multiplication and division, if they have intelligence to do so.

After that, more writing and then more mathamatics, then medicines, then the histories, and perhaps, if they are willing, the ways of Oritziem...If they can give up their barbarian beliefs.

What did the people here believe in anyway? He knew a few believed in the Cyclist God but he knew nothing of the local faith. Time to ask Berte.

Action- Teach class basics of math and ask Berte what the local people believe in
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 29, 2011, 02:13:11 am »

((Yeah... I think Waery's kinda a bit busy to be attending math class at the moment :P This is intense stuff))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 29, 2011, 02:47:37 am »

((Who ever said he had to attend? I thought since you didn't answer the question you said no or ignored it.))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 29, 2011, 07:39:41 am »

Send some goat herders to a towns to purchase digging and mining tools
Send scouts to search for a large flat area
Send scouts to search for a ravine

Spoiler: Ztah (click to show/hide)
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 29, 2011, 09:25:19 am »

Days pass, and you begin to think your promised audience has been forgotten. Actually, when they stop bringing you food, you begin to think your very existence has been forgotten! You're not really sure what to do about that, but in the meantime:

>Search the cell. There are probably no secret passages or lost artifacts in here, but it can't hurt to check.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 29, 2011, 10:15:45 am »

The Doctor took hold of the skin and began to study it quietly as Weylanders looked closely to him, as if he were going to turn it into a source they could read from. Instead he gave them a broken, somewhat correct translation. "Eh... it says something along the lines of 'The Ewunst are weak and McKunkley are smart to not waste troops to help them. Due to inability talk McJunstoon prove worth on battlefielding and earn the position of Honk among us. Dontald will second-in-command and make Dunc not try something.' Well..." The Doctor took a moment as he went over the words in his head. "What I want to know is who is Ewunst, McKunkley, McJunstoon, Dontald and Dunc? And what is the position of Honk?" The Doctor scratched his chin as he went over it in his head. As he opened his mouth one of the guards said something, "Uh, sir, me thinks that th' Ewunst be the Ewans. McKunkley may be's McKinley. An' McJunstoon may be's you, McJohnston. Th' Dontald may be Donald, sir. I may be's correct in sayin' tha' Dunc is you, Doc." The Doctor nodded at the guard and proceeded to talk, "So two tribes have an alliance, correct? One is smart enough to stop giving help to one and we're trying to take down the weaker side? And to earn the reward you offer me I have to take part in the fight with Donald?" He thought the idea over and then continued, "I am slightly insulted you would think that I might turn on you. But I will take up the fight and help you." He turned to Donald and asked him about the best battle strategy and how the Ewans fought.

Action: Ask Donald the best battle strategy and how the Ewans fight.

((OOC: ifeel horribly insulted  :P Corv himself isn't some dumb barbarian. And with " now it only remained whether he could read it" i didn't mean that he had a horrible handwriting but rather whether the doctor could read scripture from the Storm Coast...well anyway...))

Reg tumbled out of the bar in his left arm some strange Elberethian wench, in his mouth a pipe with some strange smokeweed from the far south and in his right hand a tankard of beer.

Reg makes his way home to the Weylands, in deepest night, drunken, with a yet unkown elberethian wench, a feeling that he has forgotten something and some strange weed....

Mr. Pompular

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 29, 2011, 12:28:48 pm »

With the pacting successfully completed, Pompulion felt his bravado returning after it had been abruptly (and quite literally) blown away. He continued to take stock of the situation, he had only seven shadlings, yet they would likely follow him to the ends of the world if need be. There however remained the fifteen he had accidentally summoned unaccounted for. The first order of business would be logically to hunt them down. Beforehand Pompulion decided celebrations were in order for the mostly successful summon, why if he could preform such feats more often he would probably own half the world by now. Pompulion took out the rest of his rations and a very small bottle of wine. This was the last of the food supply, afterward he would be forced to learn to hunt or he would have to live as a scavenger for the rest of his days, unless things went to plan for once. He downed the bottle in one gulp, and was consequently cursed with a case of the hiccups. 

He then abruptly stood up and put up his authoritative facade, and once again began communicating with shadow play. "Now you filthy *hic* Ack... spawn of shadows, see if you can't organize yourself into a group of three and another *hic* ...of four." The beings of shadow moved to do so, or it seemed so, it's rather hard to tell when you are dealing with beings not affixed to the mortal plane.

"Now the three of you, is it safe to say that you are bright enough to tell the difference of man from beast...?"
Pompulion paused as if expecting an answer and then chuckled softly. "Right, you lot are responsible for covering our tracks, and hunting down any passerbys. On the chance you find something out of your league, you are to return to me, and not get slaughtered like the worthless animals you are." He once again chuckled to himself, oh what he could get away with, now that the pact was said and done.

"Now for the rest of you lot, I give you a simple task, scour the land, and see if you can't find me some shelter, some food, and perhaps the other shadlings. Now off with you all!" They all quickly set off as Pompulion prepared a spot to rest upon until night.

His eyes then came across another shadling, "Oi, when I said off with you all I meant all of you, now git!" The shadling made no move to leave, "I see you're a stubborn one, I think I'll call you Xevious, after my late brother of course, *heh heh* how late he was. Now there is a reason I sent the rest of your... brothers, or whatever you things call yourselves, off. I plan to scout around and mayhaps sneak into any human encampments around here, the hunters must of come from somewhere, wouldn't you agree?" Pompulion waited for nightfall until he set out.

Pompulion has eight shadlings, he sends out three to patrol and keep away unfriendlies. Four more are sent to find basic necessities, like food and shelter, and if lucky the other shadlings. That leaves one shadling to accompany him as he searches for the rest of humanity.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 29, 2011, 01:11:38 pm »

In Sheepstead ~4 Days after Kaguro's Trial, ~6 Days after Sir Taric's Demon-slaying, Day of the War Meeting...

(Taric 6) You draw your sword and charge forward, crashing through the unexpectedly flimsy door just as Waery slams it shut and begins calling for reinforcements. Your foot catches on the bottom of the door frame, and you are caught off-balance and fall to the ground. (Trubaldsome/Waery 3) Trubaldsome's regiment will arrive in one round of actions.

(Silas 5) You search the dank, empty cell for some time. You're able to find what appear to be a leg from a stool, broken off by a previous prisoner perhaps. You also notice that the cell door's hinges are fairly flimsy.

An Indeterminate Time Period...

(Locanil 4) The peasants all quickly take to the basics of math. Many of them do perform basic math in day to day life, after all. (3) Berte informs you that, "Since the King allowed that Grand Master fella t' set up shop, a lot o' people're Cyclist. But some folk still hear th' old gods."

Elsewhere in the World...

In the Ztah Steppes...

(Sir Jormund 6) Your spies do an  amazing job of tricking the other clans into thinking that an all-out brawl is about to happen on your land. Too good of a job, actually, as many of the clans who might have been interested in working as guards for your group are now unwilling to even be involved. (1-1) You're unable to convince what clans remain that you're worth defending. In fact, one clan chief has reportedly asked "Why not just raid you for that gold, eh?"

In the Weyland Highlands...

(McJohnston 2) Donald can only shrug, scratching at his massive beard as he answers "We 'aven't 'ad much dealin's with 'em. I wouldn't know."

In the Dead Plains...

(Pompulion 6) Your rear-guard takes the orders to heart, or whatever their shadowy equivalent might be, and sets about to utterly terrorizing the land. What wildlife there is has begun to go missing, turning up some time later mutilated and hanging from trees. If there are even any sentient inhabitants to be found here, you likely will not be received well after these bad tidings. If there aren't, the land is simply gaining an even worse reputation in Weylander folklore. (4) Your shadelings have found a small copse of trees, rare in this area, that you can use as shelter. Food was harder to come by, but they were able to find some already-dead birds, their heads ripped off and strange symbols carved into their de-feathered chests, for you to cook. This will last you a few days if you play your cards right. No shadelings were found. (4) Your third day of searching for humanity turns up more "nothing." It isn't until evening, as you're preparing to set up camp, that you spot the light of a camp-fire far off in the distance.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:18:18 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 29, 2011, 01:16:33 pm »

Three guards are to keep the goons at bay, three are to help me with taking Trubaldsome/Waery down. Number seven goes around screaming that Trubaldsome is a traitor.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 29, 2011, 01:18:31 pm »

((and also a butt head))

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 29, 2011, 01:30:02 pm »

((Would it be possible for me to somehow make a militia? I'm not sure what exactly they'd count as or what their strength would be, but I'm getting kind of desperate.))

Have the spies continue to spread rumors about the other clans and how they're going to try and swoop in. Also tell some of them that other clans are preparing to attack the territories of the clans that are busy circling the Baikov land since they're land is now less defended as well (Basically, try and get them to head back to their own territories).
If possible, send a runner into Brighthall and tell the soldiers in Silverbark that the bandits from Brighthall that they were looking for (but not really) are attacking our small town in the Steppes.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 188