Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185210 times)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #870 on: July 21, 2011, 08:05:02 pm »

((I'm waiting for a response from the King at the moment in regards to healing, also a response from Terenos on a meet-up and deployment for the war.))
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #871 on: July 21, 2011, 08:19:56 pm »

((I don't think the king can roll stuff that can effect him positively or negatively.))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: July 21, 2011, 08:31:45 pm »

((Sometimes I really wish I was an Arbiter too so I coul help push the storyline along!))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: July 21, 2011, 09:19:00 pm »

OOC:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I lied, response to battle strategy-related posts will be in a post a few minutes after this. Too much in one post at the moment. If you wanted to say something in regards to that, you still have time.
E: If I missed a response, make me aware of it before that post so I can get on that stuff please.

(Pompulion 2) You drop to all fours and begin to stumble across the cold, hard ground. After about an hour of doing this, nothing has come after you yet. Either you don't look like all that tasty of a snack, or you're a bad actor.

(Silas 6) You quickly duck into a random side-room just as one of the cooks exits the kitchen with a pile of dirty dishes. That was a close one.
Breathing a sigh of relief, you quietly close the door behind you and look around -- It would appear that you've stepped into a bedroom of some sort. As you examine the area, a voice can be heard from the door behind you (which is the only way out) as the handle slowly turns "Hm...that's odd, I thought I locked my door..."

During Locanil's Meeting...

The King idly read through the letter once more as Locahil bowed, holding the slip of paper between the fingers of his good hand. After a long moment, he looked up from the paper to the lizard-like humanoid before him. "I will have no further dabbling with demons, regardless of what name you may call them," his voice was harsh and unsympathetic at he spoke, after a brief pause of seeming deliberation he continued, "However, you are welcome to record the events that take place in this Kingdom. No only that should you step out of line for even a moment, you shall be slain. These guards will provide you with a decent room."
As he concluded, he stressed the 'decent' and waved the Hatcuri and the guards off with the letter that he had been given. It was not until the guards nearly had the Chronicler out the door of the room and into the servant's hallway, where the Hatcuri would no doubt have a room of his own that the King called out once more: "Locanil. You will report to me tomorrow afternoon with any information you may have on these areas where magic cannot function. I have plans for such things."

At the Trial of Kaguro...

The King looked over the faces of his advisors, and let out a long, exasperated sigh, unwittingly bringing up his hand to run the bandaged fingers through his crimson hair. Looking to the Grand Master, he did his best to smile. "I thank you for your words of wisdom, Grand Master. I have known of the General since we were but lads, though he and I did not come to know each other as friends until after my father passed. Nevertheless, the news of his...betrayal to my kin...has been hard to bear, and I fear my judgment is clouded in this matter."
With that, he slowly stood and moved to exit the strategy room.

Moments later, Kaguro, Erika, and Trubaldsome had been summoned to the court room. Courtiers had quickly filled the available space as soon as news that a deliberation would be made had reached them. As the King and his advisors entered the room, the buzz of rumors slowly faded into nothingness. Standing before the crowd and the legal combatants, the King placed his ruined hand atop the pommel of the weapon that now hung uselessly at his waist and began to speak in a booming voice: "It is in my firm belief that the General's...crime...was the result of mistaken amorous advances. Never would a man inclined to such ill behavior reach the rank he had under my father, and he certainly would not have progressed so under my rule. As such, General Kaguro shall be punished with thirty lashes. Further, so that his assault shall be seen in the correct light in the eyes of God, he shall provide for my dear Cousin as a loving husband." He paused a moment, then, and his eyes were trained only on Erika as he worked to judge her reaction.

In that moment of brief pause, the courtroom became filled with the roar of gossip and small-talk once more. Raising his good hand, the King signaled for several of his guards to bang the butts of their spears on the floor and silence was had once more. "However, crimes were still wrought by many in my absence. For the crime of attempting to assassinate a visiting Lord in my own halls, General Kaguro shall receive ten more lashes, and must pay the injured party of a sum of 1 Ducat within a year's time. Lord Trubaldsome, for the crimes of unlawfully arresting citizens and the crime of attempting to silence a messenger in service to the Crown shall be punished with no more than twenty lashes. As well, he shall pay a fine of 1 Ducat to the Crown within a year's time."

With that, the King lowered his hand and turned to exit the room, his royal blue cloak sweeping behind him as he went.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:24:17 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: July 21, 2011, 09:31:52 pm »

(ARGHHH MY POST HAS BEEN DELETED TWICE! the following wont be as good as it should have been.)

Some backstory cause Im bored

The Time of Change

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT oh, didn't see the "king;s reply"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: July 21, 2011, 09:34:12 pm »

Out of the frying pan and into the fire! Silas looks around the room quickly.

>Quick! Hide under the bed!
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 21, 2011, 10:11:16 pm »

Ask to travel to suul
"My lord, I have reviewed the current situation, and I ask to go to suul, to either gather support for us, or too keep them out of the current war. If it isn't too much of a bother, may I please have a small amount of personal guard, just incase things do get nasty.."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 21, 2011, 10:31:21 pm »

War council preparations continued, The Grand Master once more offered his advice to the other Lords gathered.

"If we are to send an Envoy to Suul, guards may be a good idea, but I would sooner see more troops in our main thrust towards Preston truth be told. However, I think it would be most prudent to send the Envoy with 1 ducat worth of gifts, under the guise that we are trying to make them change their minds on trading with us. We must be careful about who knows our true intentions in the matter or we will lose the element of surprise against the Preston regiments."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 21, 2011, 11:23:36 pm »

((I probably should have made it clear about hiring PCs...
So...Im hiring any pc characthers.))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 21, 2011, 11:57:13 pm »

Things could have gone worse, Locanil  thought.He now had lodgings and the ear of the king...

His job however was going to be difficult, the archives were nearly empty; due to a bad fire the few staff wiling to speak to him said. From what he could tell from the remaining archives, the kingdom had been established a few centuries ago and that the kingdom had  many rebellions recently. Bandits seemed to even have taken parts of the kingdom and was only recovered recently. He was going to speak to more of the staff and more importantly the advisors, generals, and diplomats of the king before he would be able to start his chronicle.

With his initial look at the archives done, he decided that he better start teaching the jailor.
It seemed that the jailor's name was Berte LeDant. Just a normal citizen with no real knowledge of the outside world. This would be a most interesting time.... Locanil spent the rest of the day teaching Berte the rudiments of writing and reading. He'd have to draw up his diagram soon...

Action- Teaching LeDant writing and reading

((diagram and explanation for anti-magic field next post))

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 22, 2011, 12:03:24 am »

((Oh boy a wedding!  Anyway I'm still under guard at the barracks waiting for something to happen))

Unbandage one of my hands/arms to study over time the human bodies ability to regenerate wounds, keep notes.

((It should be noted that my field of study is the elements, engineering is simply a secondary hobby.  Such as how Drua's field of study is botany, but she dabbles in cartography as well.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 22, 2011, 12:47:56 am »

As the audience began, Trubaldsome stood facing King Erik a short way away, his beringed hands hanging idly by his sides.
He had dressed in his finest of finery for this occasion, and there was none of the disheveled appearance he had worn during his arrest to be seen. His favourite hat, wide-brimmed light green felt with a blue brim through which were held several large, colourful feathers, sat on his head and he was swathed in a thick, fur-lined velvet overcoat, hanging almost to the floor.
By his side, as ever, stood Waery, hands clasped behind his back.
As the King spoke, Trubaldsome merely listened expressionlessly, occasionally bobbing his head(and hat) in sobre agreement.
However, as the King continued, Trubaldsome's finely-plucked brows came together in a slight furrow, and by the time the words 'No more than twenty lashes' were spoken, the young Lord's face shon with sweat, and he was scrabbling in a cavernous pocket of his coat for the familiar, reassuring shape of his snuffbox, taking a couple of calming pinches as the King's ruling sank in.
As the King left the room and the crowd began to disperse, Trubaldsome turned, wide-eyed, to Waery.
"Waery! He cannot be serious, can he? Tell me, man!" He grabbed hold of his servant's collar, shaking him in agitation.
"Er, ah, ah think 'e is, M'lord, I'm afraid..." Waery's brow was creased in worry at his Lord's reaction, but he rather gamely added,
"'Tis only twenty lashes, though, m'lord. Ye'll be fine."
"Only twenty lashes?!!" Trubaldsome's voice was rising in shrill panic now as Waery hustled him out of the Court's doors, heading for his quarters. "Only -twenty- lashes?! Have you gone mad, Waery?! I'm not some peasant like that dirtbag Kaguro, not for me a common flogging!" By now they had reached Trubaldsome's quarters, and the lord, open-mouthed with shock, staggered inside to collapse at his desk.
At first he ran his fingers across the shining lid of his ever-present snuffbox, but no, a situation of this magnitude required something... Stronger.
He uncorked the bottle of whiskey tucked away in a draw and tipped it back, not bothering with glasses or goblets.
He managed to say, before bursting into a fit of coughing, "Waery! Get me that... Apothecary!"

As his Lord drinks himself into a stupor, Waery wanders off through the castle to attempt to arrange a meeting with Drua the apothecary.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mr. Pompular

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 22, 2011, 12:58:15 am »

Pompulion was never any good at playing pitiful and his lack of patience removed the prospect of hunting these beasts himself. He went through the motions of several other plots and came to the notion that using magic was the only feasible (and most entertaining) way of getting things done. In any case hopefully he'd be seeing a decent meal soon, a diet of moldy bread and rancid meat does not make a decent warlock.

Summon a unit (1/4) of the personal regiment of shade beings to ransack a nearby clan. Should all go to plan, Pompulion will calmly stride into the camp to 'defeat' the demons and 'rescue' the terrorized folk. If not summon the rest of the regiment and loot the place, taking what supplies and slaves he can.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 22, 2011, 01:03:03 am »

((Looks like Trubaldsome needs a whipping boy))

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 22, 2011, 01:04:42 am »

((Keeping track of time here: the trial was before the massive demon attack?))

Drua sits in her quarters, only recently returned from her travels. She's almost done unpacking her things and begin finalizing her report when she hears a knock on her door. She opens it slightly to see that man who worked for that pretentious noble...What was his name? Something with a W. She couldn't remember, she never had much time for nobles like him when she couldn't get something out of them, but usually their assistants were much nicer.

She smiles sweetly, "Yes, Mister W.?"
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 188