Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185154 times)

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #990 on: July 25, 2011, 04:31:37 pm »

((As much as I'd like your warriors to become my meatshields allies. It'll still probably be awhile before I start looking to go to all out war. And in reality, we most likely wouldn't become allies unless you become enemies of Elbreth (which could happen if you decide to become mercenaries).))
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 25, 2011, 04:41:31 pm »

((well i proapbly do it Viking Style: Capture Weyland, Raid the surrounding coasts and sell my men as mercenaries all the while trying not to get overrun by either the Elberethians or the guys from Brighthall  8)))

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 25, 2011, 09:44:54 pm »

((Does this map look any good? Its for the trade route south))
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65520084@N04/5976094799/in/photostream/
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 25, 2011, 11:25:06 pm »

Trubaldsome, growing bored as the alchemist finished his construction, turned from his window and hurried over to the small door leading to Captain Waery's quarters, pulling it open without so much as a knock, and getting an unpleasant eyeful of Waery 'entertaining' a local whore on the bed.
Wrinkling his nose in distaste as the stricken Waery shoved the woman away and scrambled to find his clothes, Trubaldsome said, "If you are quite finished, Waery, I have a task for you. Get yourself ready, and, er," He glanced over the whore appraisingly as she ran past out of the room, clutching her clothes, "Dressed."

With that he went back into his own room and sat at his desk, followed a couple of moments later by a hastily-dressed Waery.
"Er, yes M'lord? I, ah, wusn't thinkin' yer 'ad need of me jist yet..."
"'Tis alright Waery," Trubaldsome waved the apology away with a hand,
"I have no problem with you keeping yourself amused, and yes, I know I told you I would not need you for a while."
With this he stood up, and gestured down to the courtyard. "But, I need you to find that alchemist once he's done with whatever madness he's showing the King, and arrange an interview. Mind, not like the last interview you attempted to arrange with him..." He narrowed his eyes as he glanced back to the sheepish Waery.
"No, no, do not rough him up this time, simply inform him I have need of his... Talents."
With that, the young Lord waved the Captain out, and went back to his desk to write.

Waery stepped quickly out and closed the door, and was immediately greeted by the half-dressed peasant girl from earlier, with one hand out for money. "Pay up, you!" She crowed, and Waery snorted and shoved her aside with one hand as he made his way down the hallway, straightening his uniform as he went.
"Bugger off, I din't finish! Sides, ye wusn't worth yer price anyways." He spared her a toothy grin from his weather-beaten face, "But per'aps if'n yer come back later, ye can change me mind, eh?"

Send Waery to (peacefully) arrange an interview with Mahtan, the alchemist.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 26, 2011, 01:26:08 am »

OOC:
You guys should be making these offers of alliances and enmities in-character. You've both done significant enough things for word to have spread about you, though Corv more-so as Sir Jormund has understandably been in hiding since the failed rebellion.

I very much support the idea of player-run Mercenaries, whether the Weylanders do it or someone else does. But then, I'd like to see people take on the challenge of free enterprise in general, combat-related or no. Especially now that the rules have been brought out for them.

In other news, I'm both excited and afraid to find out what Trubaldsome is planning.

I'm afraid my post is going to be a little shallow right now. It's 2am, I just got home, and I'm crashing pretty hard. Energy drinks only go so far.

In Sheepstead ~4 Days after Kaguro's Trial, ~6 Days after Sir Taric's Demon-slaying...

(Sir Taric 4) The lunch, a mutton stew with spices obtained through the Preston trade agreement*, is superb. Erika plays the part of an average noble woman in a courtly love affair, haughty and apparently unaffected by your noble advances (whether they're real or not) but despite it all it's clear that she remains enamored with you.

*Which is likely going to come to an end very, very soon

In the Castle at Night, The Night of Kaguro's Trial...

(Silas 2) You make your way through the corridor, cautiously poking your head into every left-hand door you pass. Most of them are just store rooms, or guest rooms (all unoccupied, luckily). You reach the end of the hallway without finding anything of interest.

Elsewhere in The World...

In the Ztah Steppes...

(Sir Jormund 2) It would appear that the Baikovs are just one of the many clans of nomads which inhabit the Steppes. You make absolutely no progress in trying to diplomatically earn the rights to the land, but (4) since you're not a member of any of the other clans which have also laid claim to this area the Baikovs are willing to let you leave with your heads on your shoulders.
If you're willing to just give up the land and walk away, that is.

In the Weyland Highlands...

Battle formations in general are rather unheard of in the Highlands, but your own men, having learned their effectiveness, are quick to follow orders. The newly gained clansmen are less willing to stand where they're told, but Donald McMurray is quick to put them in line on your behalf.
(5) "They're McEwan, by the looks of it. Some other clan, too...maybe a few McKinley? They're off to the side...Either way, there's about a hundred of 'em...they came in numbers." One of Donald's many sons tells you, squinting off into the distance to gain one last measure of the opposing force before moving to join his father and their clan.

A moment later, the combined McEwan/McKinley regiments charge...
(Corv 4+6[10] vs McEwan/McKinley 2+2McEwan+2McKinley[6])
Sure enough, you're able to spot the McEwan's clan symbol engraved on the shields of the first few charging soldiers to meet your clansmen. Your raiders hold off a moment, giving the opposing force a moment to get closer before moving in, however they are quickly intercepted by the far more organized and efficient McKinleys. All in all the fighting is fierce, and one of your regiments is wiped out to a man, but your raiders eventually drive the McKinley regiments into a retreat allowing your combined forces to utterly decimate the two McEwan regiments, both of which were foolish enough to charge your front line.
Naturally, you may decide which regiment was wiped out.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 26, 2011, 03:08:00 am »

Search for wild animals and post guards on the hunting tracks
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 26, 2011, 05:20:00 am »

"So milady, How fares the rest of the royal family?"

Inquire about the royal family. Erika should have some information on that kind of thing.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 26, 2011, 05:27:27 am »

((been wondering myself if the king had a wife or any family))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #998 on: July 26, 2011, 05:39:25 am »

((He has 12 wives each one younger then the last))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 26, 2011, 05:56:44 am »

((He killed eleven of them though :P))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 26, 2011, 08:40:55 am »

Jormund replies to the Baikov leader, "I apologize for intruding on your land, we just desperately need land of our own to help our own troops. If you can tell us where we could go for land we would happily leave."

While the talks continue the soldiers are ordered to prepare for a surprise attack on the Baikov if they can't help us find land and are a small enough tribe.

Continue negotiating with the ztah. While talking estimate the size of the ztah (how many regiments do they have) and have the soldiers prepare to attack them should they not be helpful and this is our best chance for land.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 26, 2011, 09:52:07 am »

The battle was quick and gruesome. Most of the McKenzies weren't much for discipline and in the last moments of the enemies reaching the frontline, instead of getting pushed back counter charged. The Hole had to be filled with Corvs personal guard which pretty much destroyed the plan of encirclement. Chief  Jarik McKenzie was among the dead as well as most of his men, but the Mckenzie lands were still his so Corv didn't care very much.

The fate of turncloaks. Time to take care of the Ewans. They will be weakened and easy prey.

The Jarl grimaced as another bolt of pain jolted up his jaw. It hadn't recovered yet and the "doctors" of the Hillmen said that it had to be taken off. Some prospect Corv certainly didn't relish. He needed some real alchemist and he exactly knew where. And apart from that he needed somebody to take care of his shoulder wound, it was beginning to get cankerous...

----an undefined time later----
YER DIRTY BASTERDS GET YE' HANDS OFF O' ME OR ILL CUT 'EM OFF!

guards where dragging Reg into the throne room. He hadn't had much choice, the moment he reached the gates and the guards saw his coat of arms (a wolf drawn with blood on his shield spanned with human skin) they immediately grabbed him and dragged him away.

"Sir we found this monster at the gates. He claims to come to get an alchemist but look at his crests!" The guard laid the shield in front of the king. "DON'T YA DARE TOUCH ME SHIELD, I'LL GELD YE' AND THEN MAKE YE' EAT YER OWN COCK!"

Send out scouts to the Ewans and estimate their military strength
    Send Reg to Elbereth to get some sort of Alchemist,Doctor,Surgeon...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:06:20 am by Ghazkull »

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 26, 2011, 10:32:34 am »

( For reference I was referring to this left-hand rule which apparently isn't as well-known as I thought it was. Though I guess saying "you systematically explore the entire castle and find nothing" wouldn't really work, would it? )

Nothing on this side. Check the other side, then. Silas sighed. This is gonna take forever...

>Head back, checking everything on the right, which is now the left since you're facing the other way.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 26, 2011, 11:13:43 am »

OOC:
E: Nevermind, I was just confused. This post is stupid and will be edited in a minute to respond to people's posts.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:16:53 am by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 26, 2011, 11:26:08 am »

((Sorry I haven't posted much, for some reason my isp can't find the bay12games server and can't seem to open it, so I'm catching up on posts and will reply if needed from a different internet connection))
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 188