Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185161 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
Re: You are King!
« Reply #975 on: July 25, 2011, 09:20:13 am »

((dammit Trubaldsome, what are you gonna do, I'd like one thing to go my way for once.))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 25, 2011, 09:26:58 am »

(( Heh! Wait, where'd I put that smiley... Dang, I have no idea how to do that evil-grinning-demon smile. Oh well.
Anyway, yeah.  8) ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 25, 2011, 12:41:02 pm »

((Terenos, i have always use of assassins and i would gladly take a spymaster...of course you would see much more use under my command  :P))

Corv barely managed to raise, one hand holding his shoulder, he grasped the hand of the Clan-Leader.

Tfhnk nyo fnr yrr cononpernatin

The Jarl was incomprehensible between his broken jaw, his shattered nose and the blood filling both.

"somebody understood him?"

One of McMurrays sons grinned.

"Aye i think 'e said somethin' o' the lines of' : "Thanks!""

---------------Several Days later---------------------

The pain was still madddening although the local doctors did their best to correct the nose and stitch the shoulder. But still the jaw hang somewhat loose, and those highland idiots thought the thing beyond repair.
Those barbarians have no idea of real medicine. I need a proper doctor in my army

The smoky longhouse was getting crowded between the McMurrays the McKenzies,Taggarts, McRiars and what remained of the Pearsons

Corv turned his gaze on Donald

hmsnmgnm   agnhuhnun...

"Wha' 'id 'e say?"

"He asked on how we should continue father..."

Ask Donald on how to continue, whether to send out scouts or envoys and whether to further absorb smaller clans or begin to take on the Munros and the McKinleys...

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 25, 2011, 01:07:03 pm »

((I ..Dont think you can afford my fees. But its entirely possible. We'll see how things play out. Personally I foresee myself getting territory in Preston, If we're victorious.  At least. Thats what I want. A nice little coastal villa..))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 25, 2011, 01:45:37 pm »

OOC:
Locanil, I like what you did! :D
Just as a quick aside: Taricus is a knight before he is a Lord, so it would be Sir Taric. Technically he is now both though, so I don't think it actually counts as a mistake or anything of the sort.

I had actually been considering creating a "Rumors you May Have Heard!" style spoiler for new players/to act as a recap, but that doesn't seem necessary now. I might still do it for things that won't make it into the history books though, such as legends rising up about Elbrethian Assassins, Demon-Slaying Knights, Strange Going-ons in an Inhospitable Northern Pocket-region connecting to the Weyland Highlands, etc.etc.

Mr.Pompular, you can roll your own rolls for most of the smaller things, sure. But it's my firm belief that all magic carries with it massive risks...I mean, you saw what happened with just two overshoots. As far as magic goes, nothing is ever of lesser importance.
Naturally, Iituem is free to contradict me on that matter. But I think that by having magic be so incredibly risky, we explain why there are so few practitioners alive, provide an even greater reason for the populace to fear it, and maybe cut down on the sheer number of magic-using PCs. Because I think we can all agree that if everyone was making use of magic, instead of just two or three people as it is now, the game would be a hell of a lot less interesting.

In the Castle, the Night of Kaguro's Trial...

(Silas 3) You stick to the shadows and make your way down the hall. Soon, you are out of the servant's quarters and kitchen area and in the main hallway. Several doors lead off in several directions, and you aren't sure which to take. But nobody has seen you yet.

Several Hours after the War Room Meeting ~8 Days After Kaguro's Trial

(Locanil) Your request to the steward for more supplies is met by a blank stare. After a long moment, the old man adjusts his spectacles and, displaying absolutely no fear or apprehension despite your lack of being human, quickly replies "You understand the Kingdom is at war, do you not? Do you think we have the gold to simply throw about towards every little endeavor? Why I remember-" (3) You cut him off, explaining that your work will aid the Kingdom. His rant continues for quite some time, but at the end he finally puts in an order for .5 ducats worth of writing supplies on your behalf. They will arrive some time tomorrow.
(Ochita 5) Rather then set out for Suul straight away, you wander around a bit in search of the man who reportedly drew up plans for some kind of anti-magic device. You're able to find him quickly, as lizard-people tend to stand out. You approach Locanil just as he finishes getting yelled at by the King's steward for something or other.

The King's Court ~9 Days after Kaguro's Trial, ~1 Day after the War Meeting...

(Mahtan) The King rises from his throne to follow you out to the courtyard, where you quickly reconstruct the ballista. (6) You feel that you did a great job explaining it, an amazing one even. The part where you accidentally destroyed a nearby merchant's cart while demonstrating the loading mechanism didn't go over so well, however. Luckily, King Erik and the other nobles gathered were probably impressed enough that someone might be willing to pay the damages off on your behalf.
When all was said and done, Erik studies the ballista a moment longer before looking to Mahtan, "How quickly can you make these, and at what cost? What sort of structure would you require to develop more blasting powder? To combine these two inventions?"

Elsewhere in the World...

In the Weyland Highlands...

(Corv 4) Donald shrugs, and scratches at his cheek before idly responding "Yeh seem t'know more 'bout conquerin' then I do. The McMurray's prefer t'keep t'themselves. But...the Munros, they've got the High Fane don't they? An' most folk won't be too happy if yeh attack 'em there, what with it bein' neutral ground an' all. McKinleys've got Weybridge...which people won't be t'happy if yeh attack, either. Maybe deal wi' the McEwan's first?"

It's just then that cries go up from outside your tent. Your clan is under attack! ((OOC: I'm assuming you've been keeping track, so can you post a spoiler with your regiments, land, and ducats worth of gold/slaves please? Just because I have not been keeping track, since I'm lazy, and I'd like to get stuff into a word file for personal use. Also, because I need to know how many regiments you have for the battle rolls))

To the North, in the Dead Plains...

(Pompulion 4) You stretch out your willpower to the remaining shadelings, ensuring that they will remain under your control. Sadly, this is no full regiment and you haven't a pact with enough unsummoned shadelings to form one. If you intend to raid any villages, you'll need to rely on mundane means till you figure out where the others went.

In the Southern Eelspine Range...

(Ztah Raiders 5) Your scouts return sooner than expected. They report that there are a number of hunting trails leading down from the mountains into Suul.

In the Northern Ztah Steppes...

(Sir Jormund 3) You quickly find a spot in the Northern Ztah Steppes that appears to be uninhabited, and claim it as your own.
However, it is only a few days later that a band of nomads come across your crude claim.
"Hey!" One of them shouts, drawing his sword and cautiously approaching, "What are you doing here on Baikov Land?"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:40:14 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 25, 2011, 02:42:18 pm »

((So Thatkid/Iituem, When are we looking to begin the War chronicles? The tale of our coming war? Im just curious.))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 25, 2011, 02:47:48 pm »

Silas counts the doors. That is a lot of choices. Wow. May as well take the systematic approach, I suppose.

>Use the left-hand rule. Explore the castle until something happens.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 25, 2011, 02:48:06 pm »

((So Thatkid/Iituem, When are we looking to begin the War chronicles? The tale of our coming war? Im just curious.))
OOC:
I'm letting Iituem handle the war itself, because I don't know if he has anything planned or not. I'm guessing he'll probably make necessary rolls for those once everyone has put in an order to the effect of heading off to battle or something, maybe?
Maybe it will happen today, I dunno. You should probably expect it to take place soon since most, or all, of the plot threads in Elbreth are leading to the war, and they're all coming to a close or have come to a close too.

Speaking of the war and all that: Iituem, if you want I can handle all non-war related rolls for the time being. That should free up your posts for the war, since a fairly large portion of the players are involved in that at the moment.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 25, 2011, 02:48:48 pm »

Head with Erika to lunch.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 25, 2011, 02:50:05 pm »

Sir Jormund tries to appear friendly to the raiders and replies, "I didn't know this was Baikov Land as you say. May I ask who or what the Baikov is? We were simply looking for land to call our own and this area seemed to be a suitable location that we were rather pleased with."

While talking with the raiders have the soldiers prepare for a battle in case the raiders prove to be unfriendly or unwilling to negotiate.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 25, 2011, 02:52:00 pm »

((Thanks thatkid, maybe Locanil should get a ducat or two for his service to the kingdom ;D ))

Well, he was getting what he wanted at least. With these resources he would be able to teach his class much more productively, they wouldn't have to keep passing the quill and inkwell. He also envied the human, he had a monocle! The hatcuri couldn't wear monocles, it simply wouldn't fit As he was leaving a human approached. First time someone came to him first, what could make a human do so?

action- wait for Ochita to respond

((Also I'm starting to make the map to the south now. Hope you don't mind if its made in hexographer))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:05:58 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #986 on: July 25, 2011, 03:50:21 pm »

((@thatkid  all your questions are up to the GM.  The last one however))

Blah blah explain explain.

"Combine them? No no, the keg would way the spear down too much, and using less wouldn't accomplish more then the spear could anyway.. however.  Perhaps..."

Mahtan loses himself in thought.

"No, still to experimental, better to do some field tests with both before trying anything crazy."
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 25, 2011, 04:03:42 pm »

(( i just realized that i field my Personal Guard(of Blôdvindr Raiders), 2 Blôdvindrs, 1 McKenzie Clansmen and 2 Mc Murray Clansmen, summing up to 6 Regiments Oo, thatkid, i would be careful i could be a great boon to your armies or a hindrance XP))

Arrange the Raiders on the Flanks, the Clansmen in the Middle and my Personal Guard in the Rear behind the Clansmen...if everything goes well we will have a Cannae

((( Maybe i should make a short vacation to Preston while you are fighting at the borders...my treasury seems horribly empty...or i could try and sell my men as mercs...both ideas are very tempting XDD)))

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 25, 2011, 04:13:31 pm »

((That's actually a rather impressive force and collection of land, especially for having started with nothing. You do realize that you could technically also declare your own kingdom if you wanted to at this point?))
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 25, 2011, 04:17:21 pm »

((haven't i already?  :P btw if you are done with settling in Ztah lands, you can join me, i always need new slaves cannon fodder   allies))
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 188