Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185176 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #960 on: July 24, 2011, 04:30:33 pm »

Locanil bowed once more and left the king. A map would not take to long to create but he had other things to do before then.

He recorded the goings of court and finally started his chronicle; He had the important things down, he only needed the specifics which he could get from the advisers. They were busy right now because of the war preparations, but he could probably find someone to talk to.

Before then however, he was going to go teach Berte. They hadn't spent much time together, but already Locanil felt some attachment; it was the first time he had an actual student!

When he went down into the dungeon and into the little alcove Berte usually stayed, he found at least four others there.

"Is it not time for your studies Berte?"
"Ah Locanil, I've found som othae students for your teachings, I've a ready taught'em how ta write their own names"

Locanil approached the four and looked at the papers Locanil used for teaching. The writing was extremely bad. He could make out Nattam, Guyuss, Kayir, and Furtis.

"Who Nattam"

"It's Nathan er...sir" this a guard said. He seemed in his 30's.

"And who Guyuss?"

It took a while longer for one to answer. Eventually a young looking human said

"It's supposed to say Guin"

"And who are you two?"

"Am Casiv, da kings stablehand" He said with pride

"Im one Felon, hatcuri". this one seemed a servant from his garb. looked to be in his 40's

"Well, all you welcomed to my teaching, but you all need more practice than this. Don't think you'll learn in a day, Berte certainly hasn't learn anything."

And so Locanil spent the many days and nights teaching, unless he had other things to attend to.

Action- Teach "class".
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 24, 2011, 08:05:28 pm »

Spoiler: Random OOC Rambling (click to show/hide)

In the Castle at Night (The Night of Kaguro's Trial)...

(Silas 5) Whoever has entered the room soon drops down on the bed and falls asleep. You stealthily slip out from under the cramped bed, and into the darkened hallway with little trouble at all. It would seem that everyone is asleep.

In the Gaoler's Quarters...

(Locanil 3) You make some progress with the peasants, but not by much. With such a large class, you're only able to teach them all to write their names. But at least they can do that correctly now.

In Sheepstead ~4 Days after Kaguro's Trial, ~6 Days after Sir Taric's Demon-slaying...

(Sir Taric 6) Erika smiles sweetly, a sudden brightness entering her eyes as you offer to take her to lunch. "Of course!" She replies with a smile, rising to accompany you to the door, "I would be very pleased to lunch with the famed Demon-slayer."
You have trouble deciding whether she's enamored with you, or whether she simply sees you as a means of escaping Kaguro. But either way, it's clear that she believes your request to lunch has been made with amorous intent.

The War Room/Hall ~8 Days after Kaguro's Trial...

The King paused, looking back to Amarillys. He considered for a moment, and then simply replied: "Tell him he has been given command of both his own regiments, as well as the Stonewall Militia. Though only for the purpose of defending Eelspine. He should make preparations to that extent. Should he have the population needed to raise another regiment, he may contact my Steward in order to acquire the necessary funds."

The King's Court ~9 Days after Kaguro's Trial, ~1 Day after the War Meeting...

"The Alchemist Mahtan has arrived, my liege." Erik's steward announced, and the two guards swung open the doors. Accompanied by three more guards, who had willingly volunteered to help him carry his equipment (Likely in the hopes that they would get to man a ballista at some point), Mahtan is ushered into the room.
Sitting atop his throne and surrounded by his advisors, the King effected a smile, though how genuine it may have been was in question. "I understand that you have been...in some trouble, since my departure. Tell me, Alchemist Mahtan, what have you discovered?"

During this Time...

In the Northern Steppes...

(Sir Jormund 4) You make good time in returning to the Steppes. If Brighthall has sent scouts out to hound your trail, you've no doubt lost them now. (2) However, you find it impossible to find any Ztah leaders who are interested in working with you. Especially not after you ripped off that last group.

In the Weyland Highlands...

(Corv 3) "Ha!" Donald barks out a laugh, turning to look to one of his sons, "This whelp has balls!" The Chieftain turns back to the Jarl with a snarl-toothed grin, and reaches back one meaty hand to pull a massive axe from his back. "Awrigh', Manskinner. Lets have at it."
His sons and Corv's entourage back away, forming a small circle around them both as Corv draws his sword.

Donald receives Weapon Advantage (+1) and Armor Advantage (+1), Corv receives Weapon Advantage (+1) and Armor Advantage (+1)

(Corv 1+2, Donald 2+2) Both of the combatants carefully circle each other for some time. Finally, Corv Manskinner lunges forward with a quick stab. Donald grins like a madman, sidestepping the stab and swinging his axe down with lightning speed to cut into Corv's shoulder through his leather brigandine. (Corv: 2, Donald: 3)
(Corv 5+2, Donald 2+2) With a shout of pain, Corv spins about to face his opponent, lashing out with his short sword. The sudden ferocity catches the opposing Clan Chief off guard, and Donald is rewarded with a gash across his cheek. (Corv: 2, Donald: 2)
(Corv 3+2, Donald 5+2) His axe still wedged deep into Corv's shoulder, Donald instead rushes forward and slams into Corv. Both of the Chiefs tumble to the ground as Donald swings down his left hand again and again into Corv's face, shattering his nose in a shower of blood. (Corv: 1, Donald: 2)

"Yeh done yet, pup?" the larger man growls from his perch atop Corv, drawing back a bloody fist for another strike. One eye swollen shut from the beaten he has taken, Corv squints up at the man before spitting the blood in his mouth back up at the other man. With a growl, Donald swings down his fist once more (1+2), slamming it down towards Corv's face with a resounding CRACK as the Manskinner squirms aside, allowing the fist to slam into a rock instead. (6+2) As the McMurray Chieftain bites back a cry of pain, Corv draws up his weapon, driving it deep into the other man's side. (Corv: 1, Donald: 0)

Donald rolls off of Corv with a gasping cough, and then staggers to his feet, dropping his axe so that he can clutch at his side while at the same time offering a hand to his new Jarl. "Ah...I...gotta give yeh tha', Manskinner...yer a crafty one."

E: They bring with them three parcels of land, and 2 infantry regiments.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:21:48 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 24, 2011, 08:16:38 pm »

((NAPOLEON! :P Also, I think I may've predicted this event...))

"Shall we go see what your maid has cooked up for us then?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 24, 2011, 08:18:43 pm »

((OOC: Somehow through all of this Terenos survives, constantly reinventing himself and lying through his teeth. With a slight application of murder where applicable. The d'Avistrals grow wealthy as merchants and retire to a life of idle hedonism. Their wealth is later seized when a war forces them to flee beyond the known lands due to their firmly held religious beliefs.

On other notes.. I'm coming for you Manskinner. You know I'm the one who'll be sent to..deal with you, if you become a problem. Step cautiously, I'm a damn good assassin.))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 24, 2011, 08:33:25 pm »

Well, I may as well search for the person who devised the anti-magic tower..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 24, 2011, 09:04:30 pm »

Silas brushes the dust off his clothes.  Whew! I half expected something wacky and bizarre to stop me from getting out of there safely. Oh well.

You are not GENRE SAVVY enough to realize that such statements are invitations to disaster. Then again, it is the DICE that decide things like that, isn't it? Let's give them another roll...
>Head towards the TREASURY, posthaste!
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 24, 2011, 09:18:28 pm »

((Anywho, how much would a sentry ring cost-to stand watch over the Eelspine and south-eastern Elberath- to recruit/train?))
((Vive la rιvolution!))
"Aye. Goodbye, your highness. I'll talk to Kain about this." She nods and heads out the door and two men- unnoticed before -follow her out.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 24, 2011, 09:25:29 pm »

[spoiler=Random OOC Rambling]OOC:
And so Locanil educates the masses. Cafes open up throughout Elbreth and the lands beyond, and soon there is a revolution. King Erik and the royal family attempt to escape, despite not at all trying to disguise themselves, and are caught near the border to Brightwatch. They are beheaded by the Department of Public Safety sometime after that.
Eventually the peasants begin to starve, and the leaders of the revolution become paranoid and increasingly insane. Things come to a head when Berte begins arresting people and executing them for "treason" willy-nilly. As the army, led by the other revolutionary leaders, move in to arrest him at the court house he attempts to kill himself with a crossbow but survives with a gaping wound in his face. He is summarily hanged, and a few years later a short man makes himself Emperor and leads an expansionist war against the entire known world. He wins, mostly, until attempting to march on Brighthall in the middle of winter. He will be exiled, but will later return to lead another failed military campaign once more before eventually dieing of old age on his personal island. Because mass murderers get exiled to awesome personal islands.

[/s]

lol

Also look at my avatar. If u don't know what it is...then have fun.

Hint: warhammer
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:28:22 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 24, 2011, 10:00:25 pm »

Attempt to claim land in the Northern Steppes.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 25, 2011, 01:49:51 am »

Teaching peasants was hard. They knew nearly nothing! Course that didn't mean they were idiots or knew nothing at all, they knew things in their trades and some of them had a spark of intelligence. He needed a break. He stopped the lessons a bit earlier that day and returned to the castle proper. It was emptier than usual, the local nobles and kiss-ups had gone off to fight a war; he would have gone himself had he not had other priorities. Educating the people is as important as fighting a war. The only people around were the usual guards and staff, the king, and a former prisoner of the king, at least that was what the records say,

He looked through the daily reports (wool at a lower price, fish higher than normal; strangers seen to the west border...that stuff) and wrote a letter to the Steward for 1 ducats worth of writing and learning material.

He  returned to his room and began writing his chronicle...

action- request .50 ducats worth of writing material. Begin writing chronicle

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:55:29 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 25, 2011, 02:38:30 am »

(Id put this in my previous post, but it wouldn't make much sense.)

After a few hours of research and writing, Locanil finishes a basic chronicle of the kingdom. He stores it in the records for anyone to read.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((If there are any mistakes, tell me)

Edit: Cleansed of spelling mistakes
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:22:46 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #971 on: July 25, 2011, 06:54:36 am »

"Your kingly king, I have completed the formula for my blasting powder, sadly.."

Mahtan raises his hands up at this point.

"I seem to have used all of it up, however I recall the recipe and procedure vividly, and can begin supervising it's production in a FIRE free complex.  I am sorry I do not have any to demonstrate for you, but I do have something I worked up while in the custody of Captain Kangaroo, or whatever.  Shall we go to the courtyard?

Mahtan and the rest (if willing, not sure why they wouldn't be, anyone present can come along.) head to the courtyard were Mahtan reconstructs his machine and explains trajectory and how far it can go and other mathematical things like that.

((Rule suggestions on gunpowder, gunpowder can be produced by 1 a year for every engineer invested in it's production, if you invest 1 engineer they will produce 1 every year unless a dice roll ends up killing them or the town is sacked.  Gunpowder must either be set up a head of time (I suggest pming this to prevent metagaming) which then they will act like a trap when set off.  They can be flung from catapults and do major damage to buildings and I don't recall the catapult rules on attacking people but i'm sure there'd be a minor bonus for the risk it takes for just having this stuff around. They can also be used for normal gamplay reasons such as setting up a bomb someplace or what have you.  If an army is defeated that had gunpowder, the enemies now have that gunpowder, but unless they've seen it before they just trash it since they can't eat it.  Gunpowder can also be used in mining for a +1 production, but this of course uses up 1 engineer worth of gunpowder.)) ((pretty much hire engineer, they make gunpowder until they die. If you tell them too and have the right by the king to make it, since he technically owns the rights to it as promised by Mahtan))

((Ballista rules, work like catapults (in there engineer cost and such) but suck at damaging walls, good at attacking cavalry and other siege weapons.  Also good at grappling enemy ships, and I would assume help greatly when hunting whales.   
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Mr. Pompular

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 25, 2011, 08:01:40 am »

((That's a mighty fine plot recap you have there, now to get my name on there. And oh my it would seem that I loosed even more demons into the world. ;D))

As Pompulion regained consciousness the first thing that came to his mind was the ruined suit. Oh the travesty, a full ducat had gone into it's creation and with his first spell he managed to wreck it. Gladly the suit still covered most of his chest so commonfolk would not be able to lay their eyes upon the rune. He was no longer of someone to be feared, and more akin of a worthless peasant, but then again that might come in handy. As he lifted himself from the ground he made eye-contact with the shadlings. An involuntary shudder went through him as he looked them over, they were the spitting image of a nightmare gone wrong. He looked them over and realized that a good dozen or more was uncounted for. Belaying that thought the beings were starting to look a tad peckish, he must've been out for several hours.

Pompulion closed his eyes and began whispering and gestulating wildly in their language of shadowplay. He first established who he was and the purpose he summoned them for. Afterwards he bade them to lay their cold soulless hands upon his chest, they did so cautiously, once they had all done so he began chanting the words of the pact.

'Oh slaves to a foreign realm I bind thee to me. Should in the case I lead you unfaithfully I leave my soul for forfeit. Thou shallt follow my every command and serve me with unwavering faith. Your reward for your service to me is the soul of any human that dare cross thee.'

Bind the summoned shadlings to his command.

((And a question, can we make our own dice rolls for commands of lesser importance, such as this?))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 25, 2011, 08:20:39 am »

Trubaldsome, still in a dark mood, stands watching the goings-on in the courtyard from his window, frowning absently.
He fidgets anxiously with his hands clasped behind his back, and even the feathers in his hat seem wilted and unhappy. Overall, this is a very disheveled, worried-looking young Lord. The snuffbox sits open and ready on his desk, beside a goblet of wine. "What is that alchemist up to, I wonder," He muses out loud to himself, without much enthusiasm.
Then his eyes narrow slightly, coming into focus on the small figure of Mahtan moving through the courtyard.
"Wait!... Yes, the alchemist!... Hm, perhaps. When Waery gets back, then..."
With that he falls silent once more, simply watching, and occasionally reaching over to dip his fingers into the snuffbox, deep in thought.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 25, 2011, 09:14:38 am »

Send scouts to search for a path down the mountain eastwards
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 188