Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185219 times)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #855 on: July 21, 2011, 12:19:01 am »

Drua looks intently at the King's hand for a moment, then pauses for a moment, thinking rapidly.

When finished with her line of thought, she starts, "I think I have the right things. That looks like a deep wound, and one that seems like it isn't going to go away easy. I will be back within the hour, bringing my full stock of medicines and herbs, so we can start the process right away. It won't be easy and it won't be instant, but I swear, I will heal your hand."

Actions: Head back to quarters, retrieve your large chest of herbs, concoct a salve and treatment, and apply it to the King's hand.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #856 on: July 21, 2011, 12:34:29 am »

((If the king loses his hand... he'd need a hook.. or.. a GOLDEN GAUNTLET OF JUSTICE THAT FIRES BALLS OF FLAME, bit much for me though, however I eventually will be looking into regeneration stuff, story wise to replace my eye, maybe the kings hand if he loses it so you know funding.  but mainly cause I want a homunculus.))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: July 21, 2011, 12:57:29 am »

((thatkid, you haven't answered my post yet. Right now Locanil is still waiting for a reply. That's all I need.))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 21, 2011, 09:15:49 am »

((What?! This has to be the longest this game has gone without a single reply... I'd post something completely meaningless, (I do love flouncing about as a poncy nobleman, clad in perfumed silks and doilies) but I'm kindof unsure exactly where Trubaldsome is... Is he under house arrest or something, awaiting the King's decision? Or what?
Anyway, someone do something completely bizarre, unexpected and spectacular. And do it now! :P ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 21, 2011, 09:20:48 am »

((I'd like to, but I can't really do anything without breaking character. Though I suppose Aulon's original characterization wasn't as idiotic as it is now. I can pretend all that wine dulled his mind, but it's all coming back now. >_>))

((But yeah, I'm pretty much waiting for the war to start.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 21, 2011, 09:23:00 am »

(( Come visit Trubaldsome. Drinks are on the peasant taxpayers. xD ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 21, 2011, 09:29:27 am »

((I'm guessing his quarters are in the castle? Going with the 'house arrest' theory here.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 21, 2011, 09:58:18 am »

((Yes, I imagine that pending the outcome of the king's decision, both Kaguro and Trubaldsome would be put up in nice quarters in the Palace and told not to leave the grounds ))

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 21, 2011, 02:23:22 pm »

"Thank you, my liege, I promise I will not let you down."
Well, I might as well meet the others..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 21, 2011, 06:31:01 pm »

OOC: I'm going to wait a few more hours for anyone else who wants to provide the King with advice in regards to the Kaguro Trial to do so. If you feel like your character would have something to say, but aren't sure if said character would be allowed in the counsel, simply assume that you've been allowed to be part of the counsel.
Ochita, your character became an advisor before the trial began, so you're free to provide any advice you want in regards to it. You're also willing to give input for the war.

Similarly, if you have any ideas or input in regards to the war planning, feel free to give your input there as well. I intend to continue with the war-strategy plot in literally my next post. If you're looking for glory, funds, or favor you may do well to put yourself in a position where you know you'll do well. For example: If you think you're particularly capable at defensive strategy, ask to be stationed in the eelspines or miring. If you feel that you're particularly capable with offensive tactics, insist that you be part of the second wave to enter Miring or, better yet, part of the main force that attacks Preston.
If you think you want to take a crack at courtly intrigue, or your character is terrified of battle, ask to remain at home or suggest that you travel to Suul in search of military aid against Preston (Or just to ensure they stay the hell out of the war).
Obviously whatever you choose to do should make sense for your character -- you might be an offensive genius, but if you're playing a coward maybe it's best to ask to remain on Defense or something? It's all up to you, but know that favor, and thus reward, will be much higher if you take an active role in planning and initiating plans as well as forge your own path.

I'll respond to Pompulion, Silas, and Locanil in a little bit. If you should be on that list, please let me know.

Also, feel free to just RP amongst yourselves. Trubaldsome and Kaguro are under house arrest within the castle while Erik deliberates. We have a new advisor in the court. There's a guy sneaking through the castle on an indeterminate day, so any of you could risk bumping into him if you declare where you are, and since Kaguro likely will allow Mahtan to be returned to the castle dungeons some point after Erik's return (though you have to ask the good General about that) and time is nebulous enough for you to travel to Elbreth from wherever you are and arrive during most of the current events there really isn't any reason not to stay active while you wait for Iituem or I to get to you.
E: I'm not saying that you need to be doing minor and trivial things. If that's not your thing, then don't bother with it. But if you're bored and want to keep developing your characters or whatever, feel free to do so there are plenty of opportunities to get things going on without the King or GM's involvement.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:48:26 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 21, 2011, 06:39:45 pm »

((And Terenos is quite neatly out of the way of all of this, Having no part in anything that occurs prior to the battle strategy planning meeting. Cause yknow, I arrive, deliver my news, bam, Planning meeting.))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 21, 2011, 06:46:49 pm »

Trubaldsome was bored. The King was taking his sweet royal time making such a simple decision, whether to throw Kaguro in the dungeons or merely have him flogged and stripped of rank.
Leaning lazily back in his armchair, with his felt-booted feet resting upon the desk and the brim of his red hat hanging down over his eyes, the young Lord sighed.. Note that this isn't his usual green hat, but a red hat. He was bored, and wanted something different.
Upon the desk, scattered about in dissaray, were several pages of cliched, self-centered poetry, an empty goblet knocked on its side, and a half-finished plate of chicken.
With a sudden groan, Trubaldsome lifted his hat from his eyes, flung his feet from the desk and sat up.
Waery watched him impassively from a chair by the door. Outside, Trubaldsome knew there were a few of the King's guards, awaiting the eventual verdict.
"Waery, I'm bored." Trubaldsome screwed up his face in a grimace. "Go find me something to drink. Or a bard, or something... Or perhaps that new Court jester the King hired on. Whatever, either way find something to distract me from this wretched waiting!"
As Waery wearily shuffled to his feet with a suppressed groan, Trubaldsome held one of his perfumed handkerchiefs to his nose, breathing slowly, deep in thought. "Damnit..." He mumbled to himself, through the scented cloth.
"I should be off doing things... Dealing with Lueki, or something. Not sitting here, waiting on the King's pleasure..."

Waery heads down through the castle, and searches the town for something or someone to entertain a very bored young noble. A minstrel or entertainer could do, or perhaps the Court Jester if he isn't busy. Or maybe just some stronge drink that fell off a wagon somewhere...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:50:54 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 21, 2011, 07:10:45 pm »

((Well, I'm bedridden due to that demon...))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 21, 2011, 07:34:09 pm »

((Hopefully this doesn't break any rules.))

On a stone(?) wall in the town of Lonemine is a large bulletin.
Looking for anybody who wish to gain goldand Glory, adventuring for lord Kain. Enquire at the mansion . Must have Adventuring experience.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #869 on: July 21, 2011, 08:01:13 pm »

((...I've been in prison/custody for way longer then a month))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 188