Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185116 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Spring 315a)
« Reply #2625 on: August 25, 2011, 05:47:01 pm »

Sheepstead, Mid-Spring...

(Ludwig 5-1) You search for quite some time, but it would appear that the only place where you will be able to find live snakes is in a noble's menagerie in Suul. However, just as all hope seems lost one of the merchants mentions that his brother recently purchased several from the Suulian noble's collection. He's willing to sell one to you for 5 ducats or he's willing to barter. He has a few jobs that could be done.

(Ichor) Late one night a member of the Sheepstead guard drunkenly stumbles against your door. The next morning, you find a letter bearing three words: "Suul, the nobility"

Southern Eelspine Range...

(The Nahk 3-1) You attempt to strengthen your mine, but without expending the necessary ducats you aren't able to make it any more profitable.
(2) Your men search the stream for the tools, but it would appear that they are already long gone.

In Miring...

(Norm 6) Spirits soar as you lead the few people remaining in burials and rebuilding. However, small roaming lynch mobs begin to form at night murdering anyone who does not share your faith. ((I think Miring already has a temple, so it maybe isn't necessary to build a shrine. If you still want to do it, I'll roll for it.))

(Meng 3-1) You perform for the peasants, but in such harsh times, and with so few people left after Sir Taric's massacre, a street-performer is able to make very little money. When all is said and done, you've only made a few shillings. (4) On the plus side, one of the villagers has noticed your skill with a crossbow and approaches you. "Y'can use that thing against...eh...people?" he queries, "Cuz my buddies an' me could use some help later t'night..."

The Weyland Highlands...

(Jarl Corv 5) Your Blodvindr raiders spirit away into the Munro lands, returning shortly thereafter with (2) two ducats worth of slaves. Many are women, children, and the elderly but a few are military-age adult males. (3-1+1) You invest ducats into attempting to set up a market, and after some work you eventually succeed. It's small, but it will do. Weyland (East)'s trade Potential has maxed at 5/5

(Sir Jormund 2) Your men may be flying a banner of peace, but they are armed all the same. As you enter McKinley lands, a large force of armed men quickly move to meet you (negating any chance you'd have of finding the assassin). They order you to lay down your arms and surrender.

(Sir Joseph 2) The man does not seem to be convinced. "I would rather a trustworthy soldier by my side, then one ruled by coin from a land that is not our own."

The Town of Acre...

(Locanil 4-1) You announce your presence, and while none of the peasants seem to be interested in education they do have legal documents they'd like your help with. For a week or two of work, you should be able to make .5 ducats but you'll have trouble making more than that because there is already a group of scholars in town doing that sort of work. (4+1) After asking around, you're directed to a small building near the outskirts of the Port. Here, a band of scholars calling themselves The Green League have gathered. Their main goal is to study flora and fauna (and many of them act as herbalists as well), but they also do some light historical work. They fund their research by helping the populace with scribe-work. (5) They are willing to allow you access to their historical work for 1 ducat. Lady Drua will need to negotiate access to their herbalist work on her own.

(Drua 4) You're able to rent out a horse for several shillings, which you're more then able to pay.

The Open Seas...

(Renard 2) Your men rush to their stations, but the winds are against you. Nalia is quickly caught by the three sloops. (4) Luckily, Jack waits for your orders before firing. It would appear that the three ships are attempting to flag you down. You may surrender or fight.

Nalia: 5 moves left.

(Tearakudo/Hans/Hanja) rolls not yet made
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: August 25, 2011, 05:49:25 pm »

Go to his brother and barter the price down. Tell him that I am a man with rare skills. Also delicately find out where he keeps the snakes and keep a close eye on your surroundings.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 03:16:55 am by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: August 25, 2011, 05:51:52 pm »

A Day Before being woken up at Goddamn Near Midnight.
Kain knocks swiftly and calmy on Mahtan's door and stands waiting, a frown on his face.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:02:20 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: August 25, 2011, 06:01:11 pm »

While the news that people were going around killing people was rather disturbing, it had confirmed something: the people wanted a fight. However, these were not the right men to kill.
Attempt to stop the lynchings, try to convert more people, form personal gaurd. If I can not have a personal gaurd, build shrine.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:49:51 pm by ibot66 »

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: August 25, 2011, 06:12:40 pm »

"Aye, many a people I've killed in my army days, what is it yer need help with?"

Ask the peasant what he wants exactly and to be more specific, find somewhere private if appropriate, also try to negotiate pay.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 06:29:46 am by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: August 25, 2011, 06:13:22 pm »

Jormund is at least pleased that it didn't take too long to locate the McKinley, even though he didn't really expect it would. He quickly orders his men to stand down, but not to relinquish their weapons. Jormund responds to whoever appears to be the head of the group of the McKinley's, "I come in peace. My lord has requested that I try and negotiate with you and your tribe about a possible cease-fire with you, and possibly an eventual alliance. The events in the last few months were a mistake caused by the absence of our lord. We wish no harm against you right now, we only want to talk and negotiate."

Jormund orders his men to stand down, but not release their weapons. He then tries to convince the McKinleys to at least let him negotiate.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #2631 on: August 25, 2011, 06:20:41 pm »

((I assume you knock))

"Come in, unless you're an assassin then go away."

Mahtan sat at his desk, papers and materials strewn every which way, his jacket hanging on the back rest of his chair, the sleeves of his shirt rolled up as he examined the numerous scars that covered his forearms and hands.  Lilith asleep on his bed a blanket haphazardly thrown over her, the rest of the bed covered with more paper then the desk, and the floor even more so.  The monkey is no were to be seen.

Kain enters.

"Funny thing the human body, when the skin is breached it rushes to fix it, but once permanent damage is done no amount of time can fix it"

Mahtan sighs placing a hand thoughfully over his blind eye.

"Anyway who the hell are you, what do you want, and why should I care."
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: August 25, 2011, 06:26:23 pm »

"Bring her about, and drop the anchor !! Do not attack them let them come aboard, but any signs of hostility we attack." hollered Renard as he pulled the wheel far to the side, and waited for the men to come aboard.

Find out who is flagging me down, and why.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: August 25, 2011, 06:38:05 pm »

"I'm Kain, The Minister Of Internal Affairs.""

"Yeah...the body is a bit funny like that... Maybe it wants you to remember why you got the scars so you don't repeat it."

Kain walked in a bit more glancing at the woman on the bed without very much interest, just a cursory glance to she if she would be much of a threat if a fight broke out.

"I planned on reading your research papers and trying to learn something from them, but I wanted to know if you would teach me, before I started to use my time to do so if I do so."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:40:21 pm by filiusenox »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: August 25, 2011, 06:51:03 pm »

"You.. don't really look like the scholarly type, but you are clearly educated enough."

Mahtan turned his back to Kain, pondered slightly, then faced him again.

"What exactly do you plan to repay me with, seeing as I'm busy with other research."

There is a sudden rustle as Gunther (the monkey) runs out from hiding and clambers on to Kain.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: August 25, 2011, 08:01:57 pm »

Mask sat in a high backed chair, facing the window. As he looked out over the night, he pondered as how to solve his money problem. There was nothing else to it, he would just have to go out there himself and find work. Hopefully he will be able to find someone who needed his services.

Head out into the city and quietly look for someone who needs a spy to do a job for them.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: August 25, 2011, 08:36:05 pm »

A ducat? How expensive...Locanil thought.

"What if I were to offer you my knowledge on the herbs and plants of my homeland? Is there any other thing I could do to earn the right to your histories?"

Action- Question them with above. Regardless, question the commoners about their culture, religion, and ways.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:47:02 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: August 25, 2011, 08:41:35 pm »

"Hurrm..." Kain shakes off the monkey impatiantly.
"I'll pay you with a house in Lonemine and a few ideas that I have had. The house will certainly be more roomy then this. Maybe you could build a lab or a smelter or something over there. Who cares. But I have had a few good ideas concerning your Ballista and other such things..."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: August 25, 2011, 08:45:34 pm »

"Hm.. yes I'm sure you do.   It would be nice to have more room, however I suspect the king would want me to remain near, so you'd have to clear that up with him."

Mahtan turns to his desk and pretends to tidy up.

"Shall we begin now or is it one of those hours in which people sleep?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: August 25, 2011, 08:50:25 pm »

"Now is fine...and i'm sure the King would be fine with you going there whenever, as long as somebody guards you..." Kain replied shifting his hand to his sword slighty and still trying to get that godsdamned monkey off his back.
Finally he shook it off.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 188