Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185093 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Spring 315a)
« Reply #2580 on: August 23, 2011, 07:51:24 pm »

"Damn those fools!" Hans could not contain his anger, when he heard the news in the Guild Hall in Vasir. He went there to sort out few papers and pick up some news form his peers. Fortunately they still recognized him, and his fat purse jingled with recently made ducats. that also turned few heads, as the sight of Hans doing well was quite the unusual one. But when he heard of the guild "expansion" he was gutted.

"That was my job! I was promised free hand in Elbreth!"
"Well my friend, Miring is independent now, so its outside of Elbreth. Besides, you wasted a lot of time, so guild decided to go in big and fast."

That was it. This had to be fixed. Not only his opportunity was taken away, but entire Elbreth was in for a business deal that was going to ruin them. It had to be prevented.

Ditch the cargo ships and travel to Preston.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 07:53:12 pm by Ardas »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: August 23, 2011, 07:55:21 pm »

"I know someone who might just fit the bill. He is an old friend of mine, you might say. And by taking care, I meant killing and replacing said man with our man. We could ensue whoever takes overbid my man, through various means.

Or we could just simply work with the system and blackmail or threaten one of the workers into working for us. My man will handle that if required. Or we could just bribe him instead. We have a few avenues of choice in the matter after all."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: August 23, 2011, 08:00:57 pm »

Renard looked at his men, and said "Well its time to tuck our tails, and run set the bearing for Suul. All hands on deck prepare for a quick retreat !!! Harold get some men just in case of a boarding party, and Jack gather the archers near the stern fire, but do not fire unless a battle is inevitable I will not stake youe lives on a wild gambit !!! NOW SET SAIL FOR FREEDOM !!!!" His voice echoed through the sea air as men stumbled up the stairs, and to their positions as Reanrd turned the ship to flee.

Go to Suul, adn from there head south as far as possible in search of places fora  pirate haven, or other port cities to rob.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: August 23, 2011, 08:21:18 pm »

Meeting with The Mask
"Then why do you need me at all?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: August 23, 2011, 08:22:16 pm »

Begin to aid the rebuilding efforts by burying and having pagan funerals.
Later, at Trubaldsomes(?) castle... Norm walked up to the gaurds. "Hello. I would like to offer my services to the king. When would he have time for an appointment?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: August 23, 2011, 08:24:07 pm »

"I don't. But the king told me to talk to you, so I presumed you required my services. So do you?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: August 23, 2011, 08:33:18 pm »

"Not particulary right this moment...What exactly did the King say?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: August 23, 2011, 08:36:11 pm »

((Im guessing me and Little are in an inn right now. ))

They had arrived at the port-town of Acre. It was no city, no university, just a port that happened to be a good stop. Drua and Locanil had had to separate themselves from the Suulians for now; perhaps it would be time for some explorations

"Every place has its fortune my Lady, perhaps we could put our literacy to use here and write some letters and contracts for the people here. Perhaps read them some stories and teach their children. We could earn some ducats that way, and perhaps they will listen to us later. Of course mine is only a suggestion. I myself will look forward to some teaching or perhaps recording the history of this place. You are welcome to come. Otherwise we shall meet at the Black Swallow inn."

With that Locanil moved off.

Locanil would also go off and look for scholars and herbalists to aid in Lady Drua's tome. It would be wise to befriend her since they would be sailing together for a long time to come.

Action- Suggest to Drua that we could make some money here. Go announce that Locanil, a  scholar from distant lands, has arrived in port and is willing to teach. Look for historians, scholars  and herbalists. Get historical information about the area from historians and scholars and learn a bit from the herbalists. Direct them to Lady Drua after .  Failing that, explore city and just ask about the history. Write down.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:49:17 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: August 23, 2011, 09:09:13 pm »

"We were discussing the funding of spy rings and the topic of embezzlement raised it's head. He said to speak to you and tell you that he sent me. Apparently, for no reason now that I think about it. Perhaps he thought that your position in the kingdom would help with securing funds for the spy rings."

Mask raised his glass.

"So can you or are you even willing to aid a scoundrel like me steal money from some ignorant sap?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: August 23, 2011, 09:32:36 pm »

"Im bound by a Deathbed Geas to protect Elberth...but I still need money and a few promises...I'll try my best to help you though...How can I help?" Kain smiled at the man a bit drunkenly.
Kain raised his own glass at the Mask.
"I wonder what you'd look like without the mask, Mr.Mask?"
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:00:20 pm by filiusenox »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: August 23, 2011, 11:15:45 pm »

"I would look like every other man in the kingdom, of course. That's the whole point. It's a security measure. Everything that can be physically identifiable about me is carefully faked."

Mask then coughs and says in an almost exact mimicry of Lord Kain:

"Even my voice, minister."

He coughs again and continues.

"I am glad you are willing to help. You see, I plan to fix these money problems in the long term and have laid down plans already to do so. Namely, businesses under a false name. I won't tell anyone what businesses or name this is, of course, but hopefully they will bring in enough money each year to pay for the expenses of my trade."

Mask strokes his chin thoughtfully for a moment and tapping a finger on the still full glass in his hand, before going on where he left off.

"Well, I won't ask you for money right now, seeing as you have a higher need for it. And the king won't give me any more any time soon. What I could use, however, is both your friendship and your capabilities. You see, it is somewhat pointless for a spy, like myself, to own land. It's easily traceable, and it needs looking after. I also cannot raise armies, nor can I lead them. Again, somewhat pointless. My specialities lie in more subtle arts, and because of them I am a wanted man by the enemy kingdom. But, I can do things that you would find difficult to do or manage."

Mask leans forward towards kain, glancing around at the doors and windows for a moment.

"For example, I can help you manage any businesses you make. I can maintain them and expand them, making profits for not only you but also benefiting the community, which will help strengthen your image in society. I know you have your hands full with managing your lands and also with affairs of the state, and have no time for businesses, but your lands have the potential to be very profitable indeed, especially if you make a few mines in those mountains. All I would ask for is a cut of the profits, to maintain my services to the crown. Nothing much, just a 30% split for me where capable. You would get the rest."

Mask leans back again, leaning into the back of the chair.

"As for helping my with the whole embezzlement racket, I am afraid that there is little you can do. Maybe you can look into opportunities for such circumstances perhaps? But I wouldn't want to dirty your hands with such matters any further. So, what do you say? Interested?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: August 24, 2011, 12:25:19 am »

"Hmm...Sounds like an interesting proposal..." Kain pauses, "I accept this agreement, you'll have my friendship and my capabilities ... and as for helping in Miring...I may or may not have a contact in the capital city of Miring and he may or may not be working on finding a certain missing lord. He may or may not be useful to you..."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: August 24, 2011, 12:42:14 am »

Mask nods and holds his glass up.

"You have just made my day. Let us toast to this new and fruitful friendship between us. Cheers."

He clinks his glass against lord kain's and then throws it over his shoulder. He stands and bows to Kain.

"I am afraid that I must be off now. Contacts to talk to, things to do and money to steal. I am glad that we have had this talk, it has been most beneficial to the both of us. I shall send my man to you as soon as I have cleared him, and you can redirect him to a man that you may or may not have in miring. I look forward to working with you in the future. Good day, minister."

After another bow, Mask leaves the room and shuts the door behind him. A most beneficial meeting indeed, he had made a new ally, a new future source of income and made progress in his infiltration of miring. Certainly one of his better days he thought to himself, as he took a swig from the flask in celebration. Next up, it was time to talk to an old friend...

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: August 24, 2011, 02:03:32 am »

Quote from: Kytuzian
Find an empty house to sqaut in and head too the marketplace, where Taric is in the stockade.

I wonder how Kytuzian managed with those Zimtar fellow thought Meng to himself as he approached the outskirts of Miring, he'd heard recollections of the terrible fighting near the castle, and slaughter of those in the surrounding area, thankfully his blindness hid the true horror of it but the smell gave information enough as did the absence of talk, it was all very quiet, a bit too quiet.

Find an empty house to sqaut in and head too the marketplace, where Taric is in the stockade.

kytuzian is still in the Zimtar camp recovering not in Miring unlike Meng who is
aka kytuzian didn't make that action Ashton1993 did

Nahk state:
The Nahk is the leader of my clan aka me

Strengthen mine
Mine some copper
Ask what they want for the horses and causually mention warbears
Start searching for the tools downstream

Spoiler: Ztah (Zimtar raiders) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:07:30 am by NoahTophatz »
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: August 24, 2011, 03:42:36 am »

((As Noah just pointed out Iiteum acidently labeled my action as Kytuzian's))

That man, sir Taric truly is hated here thought Meng, perhaps he would soon have a chance to act on that fact, in the meantime Meng headed to the castle and asked for an audience with lord Troubaldsome

Visit Lord Troubaldsome, pledge allegiance and ask for work.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:45:25 am by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 188