Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185506 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Spring 315a)
« Reply #2460 on: August 20, 2011, 05:58:08 am »

(See RP post after Battle of Miring/Port Sleenfor yknow, fluff around this action)
Terenos sends a message to the Night Runner, telling them the following
"There is no guarantee Miring can pay for your goods. Furthermore, King Trubaldsome will likely endeavor to seize your cargo and press your vessel into his service. I would suggest you travel north with us to Preston, and possibly unload your cargo there."
Then sails north himself, returning to Preston in the early weeks of Spring
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: August 20, 2011, 10:37:49 am »

(RP Post!)

New Year's eve had come and gone quietly. Life in Preston was slowly returning to normal, even the ports and the city itself were starting to show signs of life, with any luck they would be back to former glory at the end of the year, though many in Preston had fled to greener pastures as business heated up forcing many shops and merchants to close their doors.

The Castle proper had been rather silent as well. Terenos had disappeared with the Navy, in what the Grand Master had hoped was an attempt to reclaim Miring, but he could not be certain. The household of the Admiral had claimed they were exempt from Taxes by decree of Lord Terenos. He decided to leave final judgment on that matter until the King arrived. Until then he would continue to act as Steward unless the King sent word otherwise (again).

The rumours streaming from Miring had been ghastly, talk of wholesale slaughter of innocents and the complete destruction of the Royal Army at the hands of Angry peasants. The passing merchants spoke of a burned city at the hands of Taric the 'Just', the name spoken as mockery, painting a tale of a Knight who cared more for Gold and loot then protecting the innocent. But surely these were just rumours. Surely he would receive a letter from Sir Taric or Lord Terenos soon saying they had secured Miring.

For now he feasted with the nobles of Preston. He had invited them all for a celebration of the New Year. As important an event as any in Cyclicist beliefs. It signified rebirth for the World, just as a man would be reborn after his winter. Whether they believed in Cyclicism or not mattered not at this feast. He was happy to have them at his table and share his tradition when he was far from his home of Riverfall.

One day, Knavston knew the people of Preston would share in the divine joy of God and rebirth, but today they would celebrate a new Spring and new beginnings.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #2462 on: August 20, 2011, 11:29:15 am »

((Wow. I don't think I'll have too much time to respond and read, now that school started. Please fill me in if I missed something.))

"A visitor? I don't think I know you...", said Kytuzian. Who is this? Was he sent to let them know my real name/gain my trust? Ahh...I can't trust anything anymore. At least spring is soon to come around. However, he does know my real name, and I can't fathom how the barbarians in the mountain would've known that.

"Do you want to come with me tomorrow to pray? I tell you, it shall greatly lessen the strain that comes with living here", asked Kytuzian. "And what makes you think I know someone called Kytuzian?"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 11:32:29 am by kytuzian »

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: August 20, 2011, 11:43:54 am »

((Wow. I don't think I'll have too much time to respond and read, now that school started. Please fill me in if I missed something.))

"A visitor? I don't think I know you...", said Kytuzian. Who is this? Was he sent to let them know my real name/gain my trust? Ahh...I can't trust anything anymore. At least spring is soon to come around. However, he does know my real name, and I can't fathom how the barbarians in the mountain would've known that.

"Do you want to come with me tomorrow to pray? I tell you, it shall greatly lessen the strain that comes with living here", asked Kytuzian. "And what makes you think I know someone called Kytuzian?"

"'Course you don't know me, you've never seen me before. Look my story goes after wandering the wilds a few years I started looking for work, heard their was a noble Kytuzian who might take me on, but apparently he's been missing in the Eelspine, some guy at The Rusted Pick said you might've been captured by the bogeymen who live here, went in search of you and here I am, now if these guys aren't the bogeymen and your not Kytuzian I've come to the wrong place."

"So here's the deal" Continued Meng "I'm taming war animals for the Zimtar here, in the meantime I can work a way to get you out of here and once the Nahk's finished looking over my shoulder we can get you out of here, of course I'd be wanting employment in return... Possibly an advance payment too." Meng finished smugly.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #2464 on: August 20, 2011, 12:02:28 pm »

No rp this time.

1.Make my way back to The castle. 2. Continue my studies using Gunther's corpse.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #2465 on: August 20, 2011, 12:25:36 pm »

Now is probably not a good time to tell him that I don't have any money, thought Kytuzian.

"I accept your kind offer, and will pay, but I refuse to give you an advance payment," said Kytuzian in a quiet voice so the guards couldn't hear. "And I am Kytuzian. But if you tell anyone here, something bad may happen. Just saying."

"Anyway, what do you need me to do?", asked Kytuzian.

"So, prayers two days from now?" asked Kytuzian in a louder voice.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:27:22 pm by kytuzian »

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: August 20, 2011, 12:59:44 pm »

"No payment for a while, your not exactly in a good position to bargain, well I accept your proposal but bear this in mind: should I not see my compensation shortly after freeing you I have no objection to sending you back to the Zimtar with one less limb. Well here's what you need to do." This was going to be risky, possibly not worth the risk thought Meng but he continued anyway "Once I've tamed these magnificent beasts, they shall be a time when your *cough* praying *cough*, I'll release one, lead it too a far place where you will be praying and overwhelm whichever guards are watching over you, you can run away, I'll set of on my own way and the next time we meet you will owe me the sum of one ducat" in a louder voice "and yes, prayer in two days sounds perfect"
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: August 20, 2011, 01:48:17 pm »

Late Winter, the King's Throne Room...

(Ichor) Erik frowned slightly, glancing to Kain for a moment. "I assume you've quarters in the town?" he asked Ichor, still frowning, "If so, let my steward know where you are staying. You will be contacted."

The King's Chambers, Early Spring...

Erik stood by an open window, gazing out onto the courtyard. A recent rain had washed away the scorch-marks from the winter fire, and below his squire-guard had gathered, waiting for him to descend to meet with them. They were to be knighted today, but the ceremony was being delayed. Word from Miring had reached the Castle, and Erik had lapsed into a near day-long silence at the news. He had known many of the men that had died in Miring. They had been former palace guardsmen, they had been veterans of the Eelspine campaign. He had trained with them, traveled with them, fought alongside them. Now, he was unsure if the emotion he felt was just grief or pure rage.

Kara had come to his chambers as soon as word of the massacre had reached her, sensing almost immediately the sort of mood her brother would be in. She said something in an attempt to soothe the King, but whatever it was had fallen on deaf ears. He replied anyways. "Is this how Trubaldsome repays those who take him in and protect him?" Erik growled through gritting teeth, "Is this how that beggard Aulon repays his liege? How the people of Miring repay those who worked to protect them from Preston?"
Kara opened her mouth to speak, but was quickly cut off as the King roared, slamming his fist into the stone wall "IS THIS HOW THEY REPAY THEIR RIGHTFUL KING?" The King shuddered, and stepped away from the window, hoping that the people gathered below had not heard him. Kara rushed forward to wordlessly embrace her brother and, for the first time since he had become King, was not pushed away.

For what seemed like an eternity Erik held on to his sister like a sailor would a ship in a storm, until finally a smothering silence had filled the lavish chamber. Pulling away from the Princess, Erik sighed and coughed into his fist. "We will...need to make provisions to safeguard the realm while I am away." He paused a moment, considering the situation, and then turned away from his sister. Straightening his crimson tunic, he began to walk towards the door. "Come, we've a ceremony to attend..."

Upgrade personal guard to Heavy Cavalry using Aulon yl Marchis' land for the manpower (Cost of 2 ducats, 1 manpower). Reclaim Aulon yl Marchis' land in the name of the Crown. Use 6 parcels of open land and 5.5 Ducats to raise a Scout/Tactician, Discipline, and Berserker infantry group known as "The King's Shield". Use Sheepstead village's land and market's land to raise an infantry regiment for 1 ducat.
19.5 Ducats Left
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 01:51:37 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: August 20, 2011, 01:49:17 pm »

Before Drua's departure...

Seeing the lady snort at him and walk away from him angered Ludwig. He quickly caught up with Drua, puttin a hand on her shoulder he spun her around and spoke to her. "Listen lady, I tried to be polite and ask you about his whereabouts, but you ignored me and walked away. A simple yes or no answer would suffice. Now then, yes or no?".

After the new year...

1.Ludwig finds a merchant and starts tailing him, being as unsuspicious as possible and trying to find out as much about the merchant as possible. 2.Request an audience with the king, in private without too many people around.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 01:51:46 pm by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: August 20, 2011, 02:21:04 pm »

"Executive Veto boys - We're gonna dump our goods back in preston. We should get a nice 'bonus' for assisting the Preston Navy. Miring is sacked, REALLY doubt they can pay for our goods" Laugh a little as the ship hauls away from Miring.

Return to preston and sell the goods...should still get a decent rate due to previous raid on the city. While in preston, attempt to find out who the head of the navy was
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 02:28:11 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: August 20, 2011, 02:28:12 pm »

No, I do not sire. Although, I am sure I can find some quarters and will report to you steward when I do.
Good day, my liege.

Leave the castle and seek any vacancies in the city.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: August 20, 2011, 02:34:40 pm »

"Well, we are finally off to a good start then." Strolling around the Vasir port, Hans was looking through the goods that merchants were offering. He wasn't lookng at the stalls of the small-time traders either, but rather he was browsing and picking the wares that were stocked in the city's many warehouses. As almost every Storm Coast city, Vasir boasted s sizeable naval and trade facilites and infrastructure. Flocks of seagulls circled above, people were squeezing through with cartloads of goods and cranes moved constantly, picking up crates and barrels from the cargo holds of the ships that filled the port. It was a pleasure to conduct business here. He was feeling at home after all.

With his 2 ducats, 2 hired ships and a city full of goods he just coudn't decide what to bring back to Elbreth. He heard of commotion in Preston and Miring, and being there himself, he knew that people there would take almost anything. Grain, tools, alcohol or fabrics, all fo these would fetch a great price if he brought them there. And almost all of already meagre competition was reduced to nothing in the Mirish Coast. Yes, this was good time to trade and seize the economy of Elbreth for himself.....

Buy 2 shipments of cloth and sail to Miring to sell it there.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: August 20, 2011, 03:34:44 pm »

Terenos was off the boat the moment they were alongside the port. Running with the very -very- important news. Thoughts flickering quickly through his head.
Aren't I a lord now? Shouldnt I have people to deliver dire news for me? Well..I suppose. Though in truth I guess not.

He wasn't even stopped by the guards around the fort. That was at least good news. Didn't need some uppity soldier getting punched in the face for impeding his path. He spent a brief minute composing himself before entering whatever room it was that Grand Master Black had chosen to use for his administration. He knocked only once, then entered. A small bit of joy fluttered its way around him as he realized it was the office of the War Minister. Once.

"Ah. Sir . I regret to inform you that Miring has fallen to obvious treachery. Their navy sailed forth to meet me rather than let me dock peacefully. It is no more. From the shoreline I saw Mirish peasants swarm out of the castle, and butcher Crown soldiers. Potentially this means Sir Taricus is either captured or dead. Possessing only a small amount of military strength I was not prepared to risk it against them.

With your leave, I will rally my regiment and go to meet King Erik. I trust you have no need of me here?"

It was obvious, the disdain in his voice when he spoke as though the Grand Master had authority of any kind. There was no point in disguising it. There was little chance either would have a good opinion of the other.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: August 20, 2011, 07:08:02 pm »

Knavston frowned a little at the sudden intrusion to his chambers but given the nature of the news he was willing to let it go. The courtesy in his words was surprising to say the least, despite the cold tone of voice he took.

"So the rumours are true then. I had feared as much. Hopefully not all of them." His thoughts went to the rumours of the massacre and his frown grew a little deeper, "Hopefully Sir Taric was able to escape the mob... I hear several ships were sunk. Any news of Manning? He was a good soldier."

"I doubt you would stay even if I asked you to. You didn't seem to need my permission when you sailed off with the fleet with you or granted the Lord Admiral tax exempt status." His words carried his frustration but lacked the usual bite, perhaps he was tired. He sighed a little, more resigned to the situation than anything, "No, I have no need of you here. I will ensure Miring makes no move on the border here, and wait for the King's call. We all know Miring has little love for Preston or Elbreth."

No doubt Lord D'Avistal would use the opportunity to speak with the King and sing sweet words in his ear, or poisonous if they were in reference to the Grand Master but he knew better than to try and stand in the way of the Shadow. There was conflict enough with this realm.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: August 20, 2011, 07:24:16 pm »

"No Sir . As you must be aware, you tasked me to return to Miring. You were non-specific as to how, so I borrowed the navy, On the off chance I would need it to cripple Miring's standing forces further. I'm sure the tax exempt status need not last forever. Maybe 4 or 5 years.

Manning...His ship went down.. But I know him, if losing his leg didnt kill him, a ship being destroyed under him will fare no better.

I wish you the greatest of fortune holding the border. I doubt Miring will make an offensive move..but they might try something. You may wish to spend some effort trying to track down the missing catapult regiments from Preston's army. Though I cannot be sure where they would be, they'd need some means to keep themselves fed, clothed and ready for combat."

With that Terenos courteously offered a very slight bow, then turned and left.
Terenos gathers his regiment, and travels back to Elbreth, to meet with the King. (More of a travelling action, but ..hey. I dont know where the king is? So..yeah..)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:27:27 pm by Terenos »
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 188