Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185486 times)

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Winter 314)
« Reply #2415 on: August 18, 2011, 08:48:53 pm »

((Would it be okay if I took control of the captured regiment? If not ignore this))

The soldiers talked quietly in the cages, mumbling some angry remark at the Steward from time to time. "By ye' nine hells, me friend, this noble bastard be getting us all killed as quickly as a bar wench hops on some man's lap! I doubt he'll be breakin' us out of 'ere, see? So I have a plan to get us out of this hellhole..." One soldier whispered to several of his friends.

"First off we act like we be givin' information to their leader. Ten of us say we got some nice, ol' information that will give this bastard an advantage against us. Then when we be let out we are gonna use our hand shackles to strangle some of them guards. When the guards be dead we'll try to find a way to break them shackles. One of the guards probably got him a key of some sorts, we'll use that on each other. Then we let the others out, grab ourselves some weapons and break out of 'ere! We'll travel back to the damned steward and tell him of our success. What can we lose, eh? We either die 'ere or die escapin', lad. I'm not too fond of bein' skinned alive, if these bastards be half as mean as Manskinner. 'Ell, if we can we should probably disguise as one of these bastards, eh?"

Have the soldiers attempt to break out in the way mentioned above. If successful have them travel back to me.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:26:50 am by Mr. Dwarfinton »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: August 18, 2011, 08:50:58 pm »

((Iituem? you've missed my post. Or your leaving that one out for later.))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:09:16 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Mr. Pompular

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: August 18, 2011, 09:06:59 pm »

((Wow, i sure did miss a lot in the days I've been away.))

With Endras cured and his services no longer required, Pompulion settled back into his regular routine of moping about his tent and generally lurking about. Unluckly for him, by this time the rumours about him were in full circulation. The subsequent arrival of the stranger and the odd events going on was enough to raise suspision about the man. It didn't help how wherever he went, a slight chill set into any passerby. The only relieve was the conflicting rumours that he was now under the employ of the doctor, and the stories of how he fought the beings of the night.

'I've been going about all of this the wrong way.' Pompulion continued to comtemplate his actions as he laid upon his bedspread in the tent. Apart from the bedspread the only item of interest was the large cloth sack, if he wished he could be gone within the night. He began to second guess himself. There was realitive safety under the banner he now served, yet it came with suspiscion, no one in their right mind would let a magician to their back. He could of course work for The Doctor, yet his aspirations reached far beyond that. He was trapped in a snare he had blindly run into.

Suddenly the idea came to him, Pompulion quickly got off the glorified mat (his thoughts beyond the point for the resulting dizziness to have any effect). Slinging the sack over his shoulder, he set off into the night.

Pompulion heads off to any inns or places of merriment where the people are too drunk to recognize him that he can find. Afterwards he searches for a sort of habitable place where his workings would go unnoticed.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: August 18, 2011, 09:19:46 pm »

Nahk state: Furious
The Nahk is the leader of my clan aka me
Handless Raider: "My Nahk I ask that you help me get my revenge on the King. Turn me into a War demon."
Nahk: "Thats crazy, so crazy it just might work. SUMMON THe ELEMENTALISTS."

Nahk: "Why are you on the Zimtars land? You are eather Very Brave, Foolish or Blind to be standing there so calmly."

Attempt to replace the handless man hand area with swords then assign him a helper then train the swords hand man
The Elementalists tell the sword hand man that they turned him into a war demon.
Send a messenger to Suul to gain an ally against the inhuman Elbreth king, who had a mans hand cut off! oh the humanity
Question Meng

Spoiler: Ztah (Zimtar raiders) (click to show/hide)
Edit: Elementalists use psychology
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:38:02 am by NoahTophatz »
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: August 18, 2011, 09:34:24 pm »

"Hurmm...Those two men are quite troublesome...Anyway... Head to Lonemine and relax...for now..A woman by the name of Amaryllis will show you to your house... Goodbye."
Kain says, staring at Lightningblade.

In fall after the battle
Send my regiment back home. I'll stay at the castle.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: August 18, 2011, 11:38:32 pm »

The amount of wine left in the bottle- Set on the desk, a good vintage judging by the label- Was steadily decreasing. The monotonous scraping sound of the bottle being lifted, clinking against a crystal class, then being set down once more was the only sound in the room, apart from the worried muttering of the man doing the emptying.
The young King refilled his glass for -what? The tenth time or so? - and took another sip, then watched the cup shaking in his hands. "It's no good." He set it down on the desk with a clatter and got, unsteadily, to his feet.
"Come, Waery," His voice was as unsteady as he, and not simply due to the drink, "We must find that Aulon. He should have some p-plan, surely!" Trubaldsome made his way hurriedly out the door, jamming his hat carelessly on his head as he went, the grim-faced Waery following closely behind him.
Trubaldsome tottered determinedly down the hallways, heading straight for the door of the room he'd given Aulon yl Marchis.
He banged a fist against it, then leaned on it to steady himself as he shouted, "Open up, Aulon! It's me!"
The young nobles heart was pounding, and he twitched at the smallest of noises. Reaching a hand into one pocket he fished out his snuffbox, savouring the comforting, familiar feel of its weight in his hand, smiling slightly despite everything as he gently tugged its lid open, revealing the powdery bliss within. He took a quick pinch as he waited outside the door, composing himself somewhat.

Get yl Marchis, then round up everyone (Yes, soldiers, cooks, peasants and all) in the castle who'll fit in my quarters for an emergency meeting.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:40:09 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #2421 on: August 19, 2011, 01:19:55 am »

Plan number 1: Get one of the armed men to break the lock so we can escape.

Plan number 2: Find sulfur, somehow.

((Saltpetre should be easy to find do it's previous belief to cause impotence which would be added to the ale to keep the men from getting to crazy after drinking.  And were in a burning building so there should be some charcoal even if there isn't a kiln in the cellar. Sulfur's a crapshoot though.))

Plan number 3: Ignore the fact that smoke is somehow going down into the cellar, seeing as smoke rises. and there's a hole in the roof, so it's not even like displacement.

edit- wait if it's just a wooden trap door, get one of the guys to break it.

Man I feel really dumb for thinking of all these smart things.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:25:53 am by King_of_the_weasels »
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: August 19, 2011, 04:26:37 am »

Nahk state: Furious
The Nahk is the leader of my clan aka me
Handless Raider: "My Nahk I ask that you help me get my revenge on the King. Turn me into a War demon."
Nahk: "Thats crazy, so crazy it just might work. SUMMON THe ELEMENTALISTS."

Nahk: "Why are you on the Zimtars land? You are eather Very Brave, Foolish or Blind to be standing there so calmly."

Attempt to infuse the handless man with a War demon's power (Do this North in the land of the elbreth near one of the towns)
Question Meng

Spoiler: Ztah (Zimtar raiders) (click to show/hide)

"I wasn't to know this was your land" Replied Meng, "I was looking for work you see, and then I came searching for a missing noble by the name of Kytuzian who may have work for me, also what were your men on about when they asked me about taming bears. I have a natrual skill for handling animals and work from you is as good as any noble."
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: August 19, 2011, 05:00:53 am »

The young King's quarters were packed to capacity, with people ranging from lowly farmers, to heavily-armed soldiers, a certain Storm Coast nobleman and his retinue, through to a few nobles and businessmen who hadn't fled the country. The only thing all had in common, no matter their social standing, whether a peaceful peasant or grizzled warrior, was fear. They had seen their friends and family butchered before their eyes by the invaders, and had been helpless to stop the goings-on down in the city. Now the room was abuzz with nervous discussion, some suggesting a desperate attempt to break out and flee, some vowing to fight til their last breath, and one unscrupulous, corpulent trader advocating cannibalism, which led to a rather heated argument.
A haggard-looking Trubaldsome, slumped in his seat with his hair hanging lank and unkempt about his weary face, raised a hand for silence. When no-one took any notice of this, Waery stepped fowards from his place by his Lord's side, and bellowed, "Shut it yer stupid arse-lickers, yer King's speakin'!!" That shocked the lot of them into silence.
"Thankyou, Waery." Trubaldsome lowered his hand, eyes assessing the various folk in the room. He appeared fairly calm, even a little removed from the whole goings on, and the truth was he'd dosed up on the last of his medical sedatives before the meeting.
Beneath his drugged exterior the young King was utterly terrified, but he needed to be an island of calm for these people, and what better way than injecting himself with depressants?

"I know you are all frightened. Do not feel ashamed, so am I, any sane person would be in this situation." He spoke in a clear, strong voice that belied his disheveled appearance, and despite a few slurred syllables he got his point across fine.
"But what we must do, despite these dark times, is keep our heads. Despite how it seems, we must put our fear aside, and think of a way out of this." He beckoned over a group of men, a bunch of raggedly-armed peasants, along with one of his personal guard. "You lot, I have an important task for. Are you ready to serve your country, to attempt to save your families and avenge those lost to the Elbrethian aggressors?"
The soldier and his men nodded firmly, their jaws set in determination. They clutched shovels, rakes, pickaxes and even a broom in readiness.
"Very good. Good, strong men, all of you. I want you to make your way down over the walls on ropes and to the docks, which are still fairly intact despite all this. You are to stay out of sight, and gather up all the money and valuables from the businesses there, then bring it back. We will pull the ropes up after you, but on your return caw three times like a crow, to signal, and we will-"
He trailed off, frowning, then amended that. "No, too many crows about already. Hoot three times like an owl to signal, and we will drop the ropes. We will have lookouts on the walls anyway, watching for you."
He took a deep breath as the men nodded, then wiped at a brow with a rather ragged handkerchief before continuing.
"Now, while these brave souls are about their task, the rest of us need make plans, also. Let me be blunt here: If we are to have any hope of surviving this, we need money. As much money as we can get."
His eyes moved back and forth across the sad, fearful faces of his people, huddled in the room with only their surviving family and the clothes on their backs, grief-stricken and full of hate, hanging off his every word. The young Lord began to feel a true kinship with these people, something he had never felt before; he had always kept himself apart from the 'turnip-grubbing' affairs of the citizenry, but now here they were, in the same boat as he; each to rely upon the other. His gaze settled on a small baby, no more than one or two years old, clutched by a skinny young mother. He stared, transfixed at the tiny creature for a moment, wondering how many siblings, how many family members it had lost in this senseless violence... What had it done to deserve that? Why-- He hastily shoved those thoughts aside as a terrible mix of sadness, panic and anger began to well up within him; it would not do to break down in tears before these people. No, he needed them, and they needed a strong leader. He took a pinch of snuff to recover his train of thought, took a deep breath, and continued.
"Obviously, the treasury was stripped bare when the Elbrethians murdered my brothers, there is not a penny left there."
At this point, Waery bent down and whispered something to his lord, prompting a frown to cross his features. "No! Why-"
Trubaldsome sighed, and relented. "All of you," He went on, looking about the room as he pulled his beloved hat from his head, "As you value your lives, and those of your families, give whatever you can. We are all in this together, we stand together, we fight together, and we live- Or die- together."

He handed the hat to the man standing nearest to him, a large, burly peasant with a long, unkempt moustach hanging from his upper lip. The man eyed his new King somewhat warily; he had been a farmer all his life, working the land with nothing to do with this young fop or his brothers except for tax-time. Yet, he slowly began to see the truth in the man's words, nodded slowly a few times, then reached into the front pocket of his tattered clothes and fished out his worldly wealth, a few meagre copper coins.
But it was a symbolic gesture as he dropped them into the hat, nodded once to Trubaldsome, and then turned to the person next to him.
"I ne'er thought much of th' Kings we've 'ad, meself," He began, his voice a deep bass-y rumble, not made for speeches, "But if this lad's goin' tae put 'is life on th' line, sacr'ficin' him money an' such to keep us all alive, ah dinnae see why we can't do th' same. Ah'll fight by the King's side fer better or worse, or me name's not Sempyl Merrwyn!"
He coughed, a little embarassed at having spoken so emotionally, then handed the hat to the next person with some ceremony.
As the hat went around, Trubaldsome began to feel a little light-headed. He massaged his temples briefly, and then addressed the crowded room once more. "Now, there are other matters, also. If we can gather together enough money, we can perhaps make it through this, who knows. But there is more to it than that," He gestured hopefully towards certain members of the crowd, yl Marchis, a few experienced soldiers, and then to Waery, "Who here has any input as to how we should go about defending ourselves? We are most terribly outnumbered." He held out a hand, and a servant stepped fowards to hand him a piece of parchment, which he unrolled and scanned quickly.
"Yes... They have had several more regiments of troops enter the City, and there are reports of several ships moving into place to blockade the port, as well as make off with some goods." He heaved a sigh, running a hand along his bristly jaw- He had not shaved in weeks- and went silent for a long moment, deep in thought. After a long pause, during which a few people began to murmur amongst themselves, he finally spoke up, raising his brows hopefully as he appealed to the masses,
"Any ideas? Yl Marchis? Anyone? Do not be shy, we need some sort of plan. Oh, and any money would not go astray, either. Remember,"
He swept a hand about, the gesture encompassing the entire room, "We are all in this together. Those madmen will brook no surrender; either we fight them off, or we die. As simple as that."

He sat back in his chair and listened, mopping sweat from his feverish brow as people began to speak up.

Pass my hat around to gather up as much money as possible from those in the castle, while sending a small group of farmers led by a veteran soldier to go down to the docks, gathering up whatever money and valuables they can.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:59:45 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: August 19, 2011, 06:00:33 am »

Aulon stepped forward, trying to keep his feet steady. He looked downright shabby. He hadn't shaved in ages, and was finding it hard to enjoy the taste of fine wine or food. His clothes were dirty and worn, more fit for some peasant than a noble of his stature.

The last week had been horrible. First, Asate had failed to kill that little bastard, Hans. If he was lucky, he'd atleast been scared enough not to meddle in Aulon's things again. Probably not. He was not feeling very lucky. It appeared he'd miscalculated - and quite horribly. The murderous Taric and his ally Terenos hadn't left them alone, as he had thought. Someone wiser than him could've seen that coming, no doubt.

Aulon realized he was being stared at expectantly. He quickly cleared his throat and spoke.

'Well, umm... there's no getting out now, I suppose. We should use everything we have on the men and the ship crews. We need to start training them immediately. They'll work twice as hard if there's gold involved. But all that goes without saying, doesn't it? Truth to be told, I think we should pray.'

He surprised even himself by saying that. He'd never been a very religious man. Well, he supposed whatever they said about desperate times applied here.

Unless Trubaldsome has something else in mind, upgrade everyone we can to Berzerkers. If the dock-looting plan succeeds, upgrade the two ships to Disciplined/Defensive Drill and one regiment to Archer.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 03:55:02 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: August 19, 2011, 06:45:50 am »

Trubaldsome nodded a few times as his ally spoke, although his last suggestion gave him pause.
The crowd liked the idea, however, murmuring their assent, and some even began muttering prayers to whatever gods they followed.
Seeing this reaction, Trubaldsome seemed to take the idea a little more seriously, nodding again, slowly, thinking. "Yes... Pray..."
Suddenly, his eyes lit up, he had an idea. He raised his hands, and his voice, to speak to the room. Waery, knowing from long experience that his Lord was entering a speech-making mode, quickly shushed a few people talking nearby, folding his arms where he stood.
"Yes! Pray we shall! And who shall we pray to? The Orthodox God? That of the Cyclists?" Trubaldsome's face was alight, he gestured broadly, appearing almost frenzied as he warmed to his theme. Here was a way to connect with these people, to unite them further!

He gestured towards the door, through which the group had left for the docks;
"Let us pray to Fenrir, the cunning Creator, to help our men reach the docks unnoticed! And with his fire, we shall burn away any further attempt to scale our walls!" He waved a young kitchenhand over. "You there, get some barrels of oil from the stores; We shall douse their ladders and burn them to ash!"
As the lad ran off to do as he was told, Trubaldsome thought for a moment, momentarily stumped, then went on, "And let us pray to Rekhyt, to guide our arrows through the air to find their targets!" With this, he turned and gestured to a few nearby peasants, craftspeople judging by the tools at their belts,
"Gather up all the furniture we do not need, tables and benches, and break it up. Put half the wood aside for a... What was it?" He turned to Aulon for a moment before continuing, "A catapult, and whittle the rest into arrows, or even just chunks of wood. We can keep a constant, demoralising rain of arrows and such on the enemy, while saving our good steel ones for when they attack!"

He turned back to Aulon, clapping the man on the shoulder, his face set in a fierce grin. Things didn't seem so helpless now! People were doing things, he had plans, they would make it out of this. He would be a King for these people.
"Thankyou, my friend, you have inspired me! Now, we must see to the training of the men..."

Yes, upgrade 1 unit to Tactician, Aulon's pikemen to disciplined, and have people smash up furniture (not beds) for wood, saving about half to make catapults, and making the rest into cheap arrows for the archers, and various projectiles for the peasants.
Then, the archers can be constantly shooting the enemy with their wooden arrows from the walls, and when they attack they can use the good steel arrows, and the peasants can drop lumps of wood on the attackers' heads.
Also, douse any siege ladders or similiar with oil and set them alight when the enemy attempt to climb the walls.
Booze is Life for Yoink

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: August 19, 2011, 07:45:18 am »

Nahk: "Kytuzen?, We have not heard of this person but we have someone who claims that they are called Anakyo here try talking to him but be careful he killed some of my men when they went to talk to him. You can tame bears! Good If you tame bears for me i will pay you ducats, When you have tamed your first bear i will pay you 1 ducat, and if you don't tell anyone about where we are i will be most thankful. You can go anytime but when you are in the cave you must have two guards beside you and your crossbow cannot have ammo in it {Stay with him unless he leaves the cave then give him his ammo back}"
Return Meng his crossbow ammo when he leaves the cave and assign him two guards when in the cave
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: August 19, 2011, 07:54:56 am »

"Aye, sir."

Jarod had ridden for weeks now, but he was'nt too weary. He stayed one night at Sheepstead, eating, drinking and whoring, but the next morning he was gone with everything he had. Lonemine was not too far, and he was a good rider. With some luck, he would be there in a week.

Head to Lonemine

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: August 19, 2011, 08:12:44 am »

To this McJOhnston fellow for a job
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: August 19, 2011, 08:14:54 am »

Whilst talking to the Nahk
"Well, for a ductat I almost certainly could tame a bear... If you want me to capture one first I might need another half ductat and a couple of your men" Meng paused "Unless you've already captured the beast in which case I'll get started straight away. And yes I would very much like to talk to this Anakyo person"

Whilst talking to the prisoner
"Hello? I come from Elbreth I've been looking for somebody... How exactly did you get here and who are you, it's part of my investigation" and then in a much more hushed tone "I may be able to help you but that very much depends on if you have something to offer me, especially if you know somebody by the name of..." Meng paused doubtfully "Kytuzian"
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:21:56 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 188