Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185147 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Winter 314)
« Reply #2310 on: August 17, 2011, 09:14:54 pm »

The King's Throne Room, After the Battle with Raiders...

Erik grit his teeth, doing his best to hide the pain of his injury and secretly hoping that none had noticed his lack of participation in the battle. Accepting the bandage from Kain with a slight nod, Erik pressed the bloody cloth to his forehead and let out a quiet hiss. "Choose one of the prisoners, Kain. I want both of his hands removed. Provide him with a satchel, and a pair of clothes. The satchel will contain enough trail rations for him to...return home, as well as the head of his commander. Zacmar will still return with the news that this Nahk's alliance will not be accepted."

Outside the Bandit Camp...

Erik dismounted, leaving his horse with one of the squires as he surveyed the land. A buckler had been strapped to his sword arm, and his left hand tensed as he drew his longsword. "If only we'd brought more alcohol, eh Kain?" the King began to jest, a thin veneer of confidence to hide the fact that he was just as nervous as any of the squires that had accompanied him.

Survey the Battlefield for any Potential Advantages.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: August 17, 2011, 09:18:08 pm »

The King's Throne Room, After the Battle with Raiders...

Erik grit his teeth, doing his best to hide the pain of his injury and secretly hoping that none had noticed his lack of participation in the battle. Accepting the bandage from Kain with a slight nod, Erik pressed the bloody cloth to his forehead and let out a quiet hiss. "Choose one of the prisoners, Kain. I want both of his hands removed. Provide him with a satchel, and a pair of clothes. The satchel will contain enough trail rations for him to...return home, as well as the head of his commander. Zacmar will still return with the news that this Nahk's alliance will not be accepted."

Outside the Bandit Camp...

Erik dismounted, leaving his horse with one of the squires as he surveyed the land. A buckler had been strapped to his sword arm, and his left hand tensed as he drew his longsword. "If only we'd brought more alcohol, eh Kain?" the King began to jest, a thin veneer of confidence to hide the fact that he was just as nervous as any of the squires that had accompanied him.

Survey the Battlefield for any Potential Advantages.

[1] Unfortunately, the only advantage you can see belongs to the bandits.  You haven't been discovered yet, so you can try to get into position before they use it, but their wagons have been arranged into a ring to provide them cover in the event of a fight.  They're likely to retreat into the safety of their makeshift wall when the battle starts.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: August 17, 2011, 09:22:58 pm »

"Yes mi'lord with pleasure." Kain replied, walking with the gaurds to the dungeon a smile on his face.
Do as the King says.

Later:
"Heh...indeed...It would have been nice to bring some with us...Excause me for a moment..."
Kain swiftly turns around and hands a solider a peice of paper to give to Enforcer Lightningblade.

Assist the King In battle. Tell Lightningblade to protect the King and not to worry about me.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:39:59 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #2313 on: August 17, 2011, 09:23:14 pm »

Leave the monkey in Lilith's care as I throw off my jacket and brave the fires, seeing as I'm pretty much resistant to fire since I keep surviving explosions.  Tell them to find a way to escape.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: August 17, 2011, 09:26:13 pm »

Jormund is glad to have managed to build the wall before winter truly set in, but there's not much he can do without any more money until the new year. The ground seemed to be particularly rich in gold though, with 4 ducats total having been previously found. Maybe that was worth looking into while waiting for spring unless Johnson had any other tasks for him before then.

Look into if there's any more gold or a resource on the land since it seemed so plentiful before.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: August 17, 2011, 09:30:18 pm »

Send a messenger to the Munros, try to smooth things out with them and attempt to create a temporary alliance to take down the McKinleys. If they agree, and if the McKinleys are destroyed, they can have half the land.
Raise a heavy ambush regiment.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: August 17, 2011, 09:40:18 pm »

In the Field, Early Winter...

Erik took in a deep breath of air. "The snow is fresh just like these men, Kain. I don't want to risk charging those bandits while they're still in a fortified position." He paused a moment, studying the field, and then continued "...so here is the plan..."

King Erik's Regiment will try to draw the bandits out of their defensive structure by parading in front of the wagon circle and having the King issue a demand for surrender, with an offer of mercy (this will be kept if they do surrender). If the bandits are drawn out of the wagon circle and do not surrender then Kain's regiment will charge from the side, enacting a forced route, while Zandor's villagers are ordered to circle around and try to either capture the defensive wagon circle or otherwise flank the bandits and prevent a retreat.
If we fail to draw the bandits from their position, Erik and Zandor's regiment will both attack the bandits while conserving their forces. Meanwhile, Kain's regiment will attempt to flank the wagon circle from the opposite side. It's at Kain's discretion if he wants to add to the difficulty of the maneuver by scaling the walls.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: August 17, 2011, 09:46:00 pm »

Kain sighs and nods. He shifts in his armor.
"Maybe I should go out and tell them to surrender, so as not to put you in more danger...and you and your men come in from the side and as for plan b, it sounds fine."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: August 17, 2011, 10:30:29 pm »

Continue to the Storm Coast port Yalasan was originally headed to, dump the cargo, rechristen the ship Night Runner, look into the costs of any goods we can leave with. Dump the crew that doesn't want to stay with us, make nice with the locals (aka, find myself some contacts, both legit and not so much)
((i should probably name my 2 'friends' on the ship at some point))

A'Valti has a personal meeting with his two trusted crewmen in the Captain's Quarters of the soon to be renamed Yalasan. During this meeting he gives both men a short run down of his plans, both short and long term, legitimate and criminal. The men seem intrigued by the plans of their new Captain. Of course, while crazy, the plans aren't suicidal.

"Let's get this show on the road then"
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: August 17, 2011, 10:36:54 pm »

((I think you missed my action Iituem. Unless it's not allowed that is.))

During the trip to the bandits:

"I am called, The Mask. I was recently hired as a 'diplomat' for the king. And I have heard tales of you, Lord Kain. Hmmm...  What position do you have in the king's court? I am curious as to the station of whom I speak to, and I think that it is wise to know the roles of those you serve with."

At the bandit camp:

"Sire, if you wish, I could organise some of the troops into making a set of throwing torches for them to throw into the wagon circle. The fire will at least keep them busy or distracted, if not force them out of the circle outright. Also, if you wish it, I shall head to higher ground with a horn blower and provide signals to you to communicate of what they are doing. Other than this, I fear that I am not of much use here, unless you wish for me to try and negotiate with them."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: August 17, 2011, 10:40:40 pm »

"My role is none of your concern "diplomat" and I would prefer not having to speak about myself. I'm merely a lord of his highness and a minister of some small and unimportant ministry." He speaks these last words with a slight bitterness, as if angry over some past slight.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: August 17, 2011, 10:55:49 pm »

"At least you are of higher station than that of a peasant. Or a merchant. Or many other people. A minister is someone important, someone who runs a vital part of the kingdom. Why would you be unimpressed with such high station?"

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: August 17, 2011, 10:59:52 pm »

((Was my action missed? Or am I just assumed to be backing up Jormund?))

Guard Jormund and help in the search for valuable resources on the land, while awaiting the chance to recruit men to replace those lost in the tribals' battle.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: August 17, 2011, 11:02:07 pm »

"Not me...I run the Ministry of Internal Affairs..." he speaks these words with emphasis. "The most Unimportant job around. I'm merely a poster boy so the peasents behave."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: August 17, 2011, 11:03:59 pm »

"Ah, how very fortunate my lord, I just so happen to this language. I shall happily teach your son the grammar and structures of the tongue".

Action- Accept job and teach the noble son.

((I hope it dosen't go as bad as the last one...)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 188