Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185572 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1860 on: August 12, 2011, 03:32:09 pm »

((Who exactly is doing the rolls for my commission/contract?))

Locanil was working on the commission; they all were. Transcribing word and word to another paper, another hide. Binding them straight and surely. It reminded Locanil of his home, working in the basement-libraries of the Archives searching for the right book out of thousands...

But Locanil could not daydream or work all day long; the king's steward had suddenly appeared behind him and told the hatcuri that he was wanted by the king.

"Yes elder, I shall come."

Locanil put away his quills and ink, and held down the papers. He left and followed the steward.

Action- Meet with the king.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: August 12, 2011, 03:34:21 pm »

((I'm gonna be away from my computer most of today, as it says in my sig. :P Trubaldsome'll just go drink with Yl Marchis, I suppose, taking the occasional pinch of snuff when he thinks noone's looking.
Just don't be waiting for me to reply, is all I'm saying.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: August 12, 2011, 04:51:49 pm »

The King's Personal Chambers, Mid-Autumn...

The King was still in the midst of writing a letter (several balled up pieces of parchment littered the floor nearby) when Locanil was brought before him. Setting his quill down, Erik rose to turn and meet the Hatcuri, motioning to one of the chairs by the fireplace. "Thank you, Bjorn. That will be all for now, I should think." he stated, before turning to face Locanil.

"I am sure, the King began once the Steward had left, "that I am not catching you at an inconvenient time?" The question was more an order, though it was clear that Erik was at least trying to be polite despite the lines of worry on his brow. Still standing, Erik gazed up at the portrait over the fireplace, that of the former King and Queen, and then cut to the chase: "As you know, Elbrethian forces are currently at war with Preston. We have successfully secured Miring, though our numbers have been thinned and I shall not, cannot, dare to recruit what remaining men are of fighting age in our lands so close to the final harvest. I doubt we would be able to muster much more than a single regiment, in any case."
He clenched and unclenched his mangled hand, though the fist was weak, and then turned to look to the Hatcuri. "When you first came to me, you professed an...ability to commune with 'spirits', yes?"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:20:04 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: August 12, 2011, 05:01:17 pm »

"Well, yes my lord. I am part of Oritziem's priesthood. I'm just not very good at it yet."

Locanil wondered what the king wanted with the spirits now.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: August 12, 2011, 05:47:04 pm »

"Lady Drua...Regarding your husband, the late Chicane von Trubaldsome.. His conspiracy would have cost countless lives and invariably threatened Elbreth. He got the drop on me and attempted to coerce me into killing King Erik. There is no doubt in my mind that he would have then struck at Elbreth and slain me. I will say however that he did care for you. And that I sincerely regret his necessary death.
Given that..You are now his widow, I believe this business he had fostered to fund his conspiracy, falls to you now. Sir Taric may desire some of the profits and I've promised him some, given he has some debt or another to pay back. Something about some raids. That promise was..required, as I didn't precisely want him sacking these lands.. The people have enough trouble."

With that said, Terenos hands Lady Drua the files on the Cely Bros. Staplers Co. , a wool-trading merchant house in Sheepy Hollow.
"I understand, money is a crass thing to tempt you with, in this time..But you should be the one making decisions about this business."

((There may be some delay, of RP between me and Drua, but my next action is:))
Terenos now endeavors to smooth over the populations ruffled feelings regarding the occupation
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: August 12, 2011, 05:48:12 pm »

Help Terenos with settling the population down.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1866 on: August 12, 2011, 06:24:47 pm »

((Noah, were you speaking to you're guard in Ztahrian/whatever language you speak?))

I wonder why he's bothering to get me healed. Not that I have a problem with it, but still, thought Kytuzian. It nagged at him for a short time, but eventually decided it wasn't worth it.

As Kytuzian was moved, he noticed that there were a substantial amount of people living here. A thought formed in his head. Were these the hideous cave-people who eat children?, thought Kytuzian. They aren't hideous, and I doubt they eat children, but they just might be cave people. They certainly don't seem like Suulians, that's for sure.

((Which raises a question. What are Suulians really like?))
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:33:24 pm by kytuzian »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: August 12, 2011, 07:50:45 pm »

((Wait how the hell did i get to sheepstead?!?! Eh...roll with it.))

"Err...thank you my lord...Just doing my civic duty to the crown of course...Not really that much of a challenge to tell you the truth." Kain shrugs nonchalantly.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:26:11 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: August 12, 2011, 08:44:53 pm »

((Noah, were you speaking to you're guard in Ztahan/whatever language you speak?))
Yeah I should put {} around the words when i speak in another language

|The 5 raider guards bring kytuzian back before the Nahk and sit him gently on the rock|
"Anakyo you have two choices, #127 or you can do what you came here for and then some more"
{"stay with him and make sure he doesn't leave the cave before i say that he can"}
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: August 12, 2011, 08:50:37 pm »

((Any of the DM's want to assign a name to Drua's healer?

Drua looks at you, her anger slowly melting into a hard brick of grief that is quickly cast deep into the emotional well. something to be dealt with later. She sits back down on the bed, leaning her crutches against her small bedside table as she takes the folder. She flicks it open, eyes reading along, growing successively wider as she carries the figures in her head. For someone who had spent most of her life going from village to village healing hangovers and setting broken bones with the only payment being scavenged local herbs and a lot of knowledge, these figures were enormous! Visions of a massive, luxurious, estate float through her mind for a single moment before being cast aside. No reason to waste money on being a foolish aristocrat, she could do a lot of productive things with this much money...

She looks back at Terenos, letting out a long sigh.

"I understand. When it's kill or be killed and you're the right, well, you do what you have to. I really don't like it, and I like you even less than I did before. Quite frankly, you strike me as a very arrogant and foolhardy man who will jump into any stupid situation as long as will gain you glory, and your luck holds through on you. The people around you and the people you affect, not so much, but you always end up fine. Thank you for the honesty with my husb...ex-husband's estates. I really do appreciate this, I understand it must have been tempting to take it for your own gain."

Drua smiles, a ghost of a grin flashing across her face, "Thank you again, I can't explain how helpful these funds are going to be. I'll deal with Sir Taric. I can't imagine a Paladin being eager to sack a city or robbing a fair widow of her rightful holdings..."
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: August 12, 2011, 11:03:15 pm »

((Wait how the hell did i get to sheepstead?!?! Eh...roll with it.))

"Err...thank you my lord...Just doing my civic duty to the crown of course...Not really that much of a challenge to tell you the truth." Kain shrugs nonchalantly.
OOC:

I'm assuming you travel there eventually, so this is just a small jump ahead in the timeline. Sorry 'bout that.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: August 12, 2011, 11:08:36 pm »

((Its fine with me, really. Just thought i had to make an action before i traveled. Eh...Doesn't matter, to tell you the truth. I was just waiting for Kyutzain to die painfully to the #127th form of death to arrive at the predetermined meeting area. ;) Carry on, if you wish, Mi'lord.))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: August 13, 2011, 01:14:43 am »

OOC:
We haven't really made much of a reference to Suulian culture, but it's an Archbishopric where the church holds all the power. And by that, I mean ALL of it. The only person capable of raising regiments is the Archbishop.
So...considering the real world Papacy is the closest we've got to that (that I can think of), maybe they've got a culture similar to that of Italy?  I don't know
Let's see what other people think Suul should be like, and take the most popular idea! :D
We're sure to get something far more interesting that way.

E: I haven't made any rolls for the shadeling hunting group. Mostly because only one of you is really in a position to do any work like clearing the caves of any remaining threats or burying the dead or whatever and he didn't mention it in his post. You can all assume you returned to Manskinner's Land (or the Doctor's portion of it, since that seems to be what you've been using as your base of operations) where you'll probably receive medical attention of some kind if you want or you can roleplay coming to a consensus on what you want to do next or whatever.

The King's Strategy Room, Mid-Autumn...

"It's good that you find it so easy, Marquess," King Erik replied calmly, watching a small group of the palace guard as they went through their daily training drills, "For you may have far more need of such skills, should you choose to accept the offer I extend to you now. The recent...revelations of treachery in my court and army have brought me to believe that having a group dedicated to the rooting out of espionage in my realm would be most beneficial. Naturally, I do not expect you to deal with espionage outside of Elbreth's borders -- I've another in mind for that -- but the task will no doubt be a difficult one and I can think of none more suited to handle it."

Turning away from the window, Erik smiled casually, "So, Marquess Kain, will you accept a position as Elbreth's Minister of Internal Affairs? Naturally, should you accept, you will be saddled with other menial duties as well, as a cover of sorts, but they will be of no real concern."

The King's Personal Chambers, Mid-Autumn...

The King nodded slowly, and turn his gaze from the Hatcuri to the fire before him. His gnarled sword-hand trembled ever so slightly, and as the room fell to silence he focused his energies to calming himself. After what seemed like ages, Erik posed a question that, on the surface, appeared to be quite simple: "Then you may commune with these spirits to aid our forces in Preston?"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:23:43 am by thatkid »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: August 13, 2011, 01:24:33 am »

"What other menial duties are they and would I be in charge of the Policing forces?...Mi'lord?" Kain asks with a small smile, forgetting his place for but a small moment. He quickly adopted a more neutral and bored expression and looked out the window pass the king.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: August 13, 2011, 01:48:37 am »

"I could my lord, yes...yes I could...but how I wonder what the spirits..."

"Ah, I see what my lord wishes; you wish floods to drown your enemies;fires to consume your foes; lights of the heavens killing all and diseases sickening their troops. Or something more peaceful my lord? A little rain to slow their troops; a cough here and there to lessen their numbers? Or do you want to summon the very spirits themselves to aid our troops in battle... That and much more could be yours my lord, for a price. "

After a few more moments, Locanil knew that he had just qouted Haterunikk. Wrong thing to say. Oh well...

"Er, sorry about that outburst my lord. But yes the spirits could be used to aid us in Preston."

((Also about Suulian culture; I always imagined them  somewhat like St John's Order or the Hospitillars in more recognisable terms. In the medieva/lrenaissance the hospitillars would use their navies to disrupt and raid muslim armies and towns. Think knight-pirates (which is just awesome). In my view they would be militaristic with a naval touch but have tolerance of "heretics" (as in worshipers of the same god/s but with different ways of worshiping them). I  highly doubt that Suul is their only holding. Also during their reign, they held either the island of Rhodes or Cyprus or Malta. They were known for being very good at defense. Sorry for the history dump!))
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 02:02:25 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 188