Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185678 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1560 on: August 09, 2011, 11:50:05 am »

The general format is to describe your name and self, then appear at the court of either King Erik or Jarl Manskinner and seek to be accepted as a knight.  Or you could try the whole 'Adventurer' thing Kyzutian is going for and play a true knight-errant.  Or hook up with Grandmaster Black (if Knave is still playing?) and get accepted as a holy knight.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: August 09, 2011, 11:51:03 am »

((That reminds me, you might want to PM knave to see if he's still in...))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: August 09, 2011, 12:11:12 pm »

((Yeah, or give the title and money over to someone else if he isn't. Hey, Ehndras, lord Kain is still accepting adventurers and minions. You get two gaurds and a semi-nice house to begin with. Oh and is giving away gaurds and house legal by game rules if your a lord of a city? I'm pretty sure i have some nice houses laying around after that last batch of excutions.))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: August 09, 2011, 12:24:08 pm »

((Here I am!, looking through posts now. Thatkid game me a brief rundown a couple days ago. I'll try to answer questions as I read them. Thanks to everyone for reaching out and not killing off my character in his absence :) ))

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: August 09, 2011, 12:56:34 pm »

((I'd like to be a knight or adventurer, then. I haven't RP'd in a medieval setting in quite some time, so I'm a bit too rusty to be writing vast paragraphs of info. :P I'll get there, though :) Whoever would like another knight or adventurer, a dedicated one who's online 15 or so hours a day, let me know via PM or on here, and we'll work out the details. :D ))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: August 09, 2011, 01:00:41 pm »

((Well, two knights are better then one. A companion would be great :D))

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: August 09, 2011, 01:03:54 pm »

((I'd like to be a knight or adventurer, then. I haven't RP'd in a medieval setting in quite some time, so I'm a bit too rusty to be writing vast paragraphs of info. :P I'll get there, though :) Whoever would like another knight or adventurer, a dedicated one who's online 15 or so hours a day, let me know via PM or on here, and we'll work out the details. :D ))

((The Order of the Burning Circle could always use another Paladin! Grand Master Black has two regiments right now (unless one was destroyed? Can anyone confirm?) And the King looks favourably on us Cyclists.

Also, Iterium/Thatkid would it be possible to pay/upgrade Cyclist crusaders with the berserker trait to represent their zeal and devotion on the field? ))

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: August 09, 2011, 01:10:00 pm »

((Hey, Ehndras, lord Kain is still accepting adventurers and minions. You get two gaurds and a semi-nice house to begin with. Payment for services rendered after and such...Work however might be horribly overboard somewhat a bit on the unethical side.))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: August 09, 2011, 01:43:13 pm »

OOC:
I see no reason why you can't, Knave, aside from the fact that you're currently in the field...I'll let Iituem rule on whether or not you can upgrade them retroactively/on the move.
We don't know which regiment was destroyed yet; Nobody has stepped up to the plate, so I might just make a roll and decide it at random.

@Ehndras: Elbreth is heavily expansionist at the moment, so more vassals to manage the land/fight/etc. would be a very good thing. You're bound to see glory in battle, and get a cut of wealth, soon enough. And as Knave said, the Burning Circle (Which is Tax Exempt!) can always use more paladins. Speaking of: Wasn't Sir Taric set to become a Paladin for that bit of demon slaying?
The Weylanders are likely to be a constant source of excitement as well though, but they're not following the same system of Nobility as Elbreth so you might not be a knight per say (unless you were a knight who cut and run from another kingdom, or a hedge knight or somesuch).
As well, a true Knight-Errant would be pretty sick*. Elbrethian laws actually have rules for Chivalric Orders, and by proving yourself worthy (as a Knight-Errant or Sworn Knight) you could find yourself a member of, or the head of, one of the first True Chivalric Orders in Elbreth since King Sigurd the Lesser dissolved the Order of the Silver Bull after their failed attempt to recover a Mystic Gem some four-hundred years ago.
In any case, more Knights are always a good thing regardless of what you choose. We have Sir Taric and Sir Jormund (who sided with rebels and is currently taking refuge in the Highlands), but that's about it.

*I'm from Massachusetts, sick is a good thing.

Noah, I don't think that's been rolled yet and I'll get to it in a moment. I've been operating under the assumption that a standard regiment consists of around 30 men though, and with 20 soldiers accompanying the Commander to Elbreth it's a bit difficult to send two whole regiments out on the job. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that point, it's possible that your raiding techniques require less men and so your regiments are composed of smaller groups or something.

As to the Terenos Situation: I'm very, very surprised by this. I knew that Drua's Husband had been a traitor (that part of the plan was from when she first met him) but I had no idea that he was going to turn out to not only be such an important traitor, but a brother of the King of Miring himself. That comes as a shock, but it's pretty awesome.
In any case, I can't fathom how he intends to hold onto Miring. I suppose he doesn't know that Sir Taric is coming around the corner with 5 Elbreth-Loyal regiments that are sure to crush whatever forces he'll have left, if any, after the battle with Preston. So it's not necessary to kill him yet. My advice to Terenos is to get him to work with you, because reinforcements are on the way and you know it.

Also, two things I've been thinking about:

First, is Taric's (currently withheld) punishment for the actions that resulted in the east wing of the palace burning down. It will likely involve the Crown repossessing his lands (But leaving him Stonewood village itself) so that the funds they raise can go towards rebuilding the palace and reimbursing the injured families while adequately showing others that they can't go around starting fights in the King's Palace just because a pretty girl told them too.
Second, once we have the funds available I'm likely going to raise a group of three regiments to form a second army known as "The King's Shield". One regiment will be scout, one berserker, and one disciplined. Each will also have another upgrade, but I'm not sure which ones yet. They'll travel from province to province and duchy to duchy doing whatever might be necessary to help safeguard the people of the realm and otherwise acting with the authority of the King. I'm not sure if it will be player-led or NPC-led (Commander Leif, anyone?) or what.

Anyways, the rolls/responses in my next post will be to: Silas' Courtyard Meeting (Spring), Locanil's Letter (Autumn), Kytuzian's Questioning, Jormundur's Settling, Mahtan's Traveling, and the Nahk's Searching.
Correct me if I missed anyone. I'm trying to avoid making too many war-time rolls, unless it's to move things along and catch everyone up to the same season with something small like the roll I made for Drua earlier.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: August 09, 2011, 01:48:18 pm »

((Wait, that's it? I was expecting something harsher...))

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: August 09, 2011, 01:53:03 pm »

(( Don't forget Dr.Johnston's attempt to steal land from the munros. He reposted it on the previous page.))
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: August 09, 2011, 01:56:36 pm »

((Hmm, I'm going to wait and watch the current events unfold before I make my decision. :) ))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: August 09, 2011, 02:02:25 pm »

Grand Master Black stood at the edge of the City and watched, it was abandoned for the most part and the enemy forces retreating for the Castle. If they hurried, they would be able to catch the defenders before their gates were shut.

Up until now, the Grand Master's plan of attack had succeeded quite well, despite the earlier losses, it seems Preston had completely miscalculated the Elbreth Army and had divided it's forces. But their Castle threatened to stall their quick victory, decisive action would be needed.

He addressed the other military leaders in the Army. “We must press our advantage and move our forces to assault the castle before their walls are shut to us. A castle such as theirs could withstand a siege for a long period. Years perhaps.” He frowned as he looked at the report detailing their defences. “They might not be expecting a full assault so soon. If we move now we could catch them by surprise.”

Suggest that the Royal Army move to attack right now to avoid a lengthy siege.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: August 09, 2011, 02:04:24 pm »

((I was silently wondering what the king would say when i arrested his palace gaurd seargent.))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: August 09, 2011, 02:18:45 pm »

OOC: I'm not making rolls for the Good Doctor as he is played by my younger brother. If the majority of players are OK with it I guess I can make his rolls as well though.
I didn't really get a chance to respond to the arrest, but you can bet the King was outraged, you were thanked, and you'll likely be rewarded once the war is over. Banquo's arrest was seen as another "battle" in this war with Preston.

Also, just to get things moving on that front lest they fall to a stand-still again: Grand Master Black is co-leading the Elbrethian Offensive forces alongside Kaguro. If one makes a decision and the other doesn't post or object or anything within a certain amount of time than that decision or suggestion will go into effect.

Billybobfred, what sort of events are you expecting to unfold with your character? As it is, I've sort of been stalling because I don't know what you expect/want to happen and so it's fairly difficult to come up with adequate results that will be entertaining for everyone. Throw me a bone here :P

In the Burnt Courtyard, Late Spring...

(Silas) The King studied the prisoner for a long moment, and then after a long moment answered. "I would trust in my companion, and ask them where I should go from there." He paused a moment longer, and looked out over the courtyard. He had to draw up plans to rebuild, he had to check on the survivors, and he needed to keep tabs on a war. Erik had a Kingdom to govern, and he was growing impatient: "If you are not going anywhere with this, you may return to the dungeons. I will have the steward bring you up tomorrow for your trial."

In the King's Throne Room, Early Autumn...

(Locanil) Once the letter had been received, Locanil had been called up to meet with the King once more. The letter sat on the edge of the King's arm-rest, open and read. Erik himself leaned forward to peer down at the Hatcuri as he entered. "Greetings, Chronicler. I have heard of your efforts to teach the residents of this castle and I must commend them. As you know, this Kingdom is at war and we've not the funds to spare. But, in the interest of bringing these archives back into the glory of King Sigurd the Lesser, I entertain the notion no less. Tell me, what might you require?"

On the Road to Suul, Early Autumn...

(Mahtan 6) You make progress. Too much progress, in fact. It seems that in your haste to continue your research you may have accidentally forgotten to tell the King where you were going. You realize this just after crossing the border into Miring, a brief but necessary trip if you want to make good time in traveling to Suul.

In the Eelspine range, Early Autumn...

(Kytuzian 4) The people of Stonewood are wary of travelers, but it would appear that the local Lord has recently visited and calmed their fears some. You're able to find out that goat herders from the southern part of the range were apparently victims of the raids as well, as the Militia had left the town to aid their calls of distress when the attack took place.

(The Nahk 1+1) Your men are unable to find any more resources then what they have already discovered.

In the Weyland Highlands...

(Sir Jormund) You intend to settle some land. With what resources, and who's land?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:19:21 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 188