Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185730 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1470 on: August 06, 2011, 06:58:12 pm »

OOC:
Postin' time~

The Courtyard of Elbreth's Palace...

King Erik took in a deep breath, and then muttered a curse as he looked Sir Taric over and mulled potential punishments. His anger had cooled, though it remained, and he preferred to think that he was now thinking clearly "Sir Taric. You assaulted a Prince of an Allied nation and his guard based on...pure speculation. Whilst my court was in chaos on account of your vigilante actions, an entire wing of my palace..." he paused a moment, sucked in a breath, and then continued "...burned down. I do not doubt your loyalty, Sir, for it would appear that you merely wished to question Trubaldsome further to ensure that my...dear sweet Cousin Erik did not come to more harm...and things got out of control. But you must be punished, and severely at that. I've a number of possibilities in mind, but tell me -- What do you think is Just response to your actions, O Sir Taric the Just?"

Nitpicking...Erik? Erika?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: August 06, 2011, 07:01:18 pm »

Way before Kain sets out:
Kain didn't bother to change from his interrogation uniform. Which was a leather apron over red clothes.
"So your here for the adventuring gig? Good. I was getting tired of waiting. Come into my office."
Once they were in the office. Kain spoke again.
"You'll get two of my guards. Unfortunately there isn't no initial start-up fee your going to get but there is a nice house on the edge of town that used to belong to a traitor, its yours now. I'll pay you a lot if you bring me back something shiny. I may have some small tasks for you on occasion, but right now you should just get to know the city or whatever you want to do. Ask around the bars for any ruins or things like that. Any questions?"

Give a house to mysterious adventurer (kytuzian) as well as two guards to guard him.
((I wonder if these actions are legal OOC... are they?))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 06, 2011, 07:02:01 pm »

OOC: I was just about to point that out.

"Milor-" Taric was interuppted by a messenger from Stonewood, his face turning into a more grim expression from the news.

"A trial by combat would be most preferable at this stage sir. A fine I cannot repay due to an event in Stonewood."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 06, 2011, 07:03:08 pm »

OOC:
Yes, that is a typo.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 06, 2011, 07:40:46 pm »

"Um. What?" He-- does he think this is a joke? That's... not the way I thought this would go. "It's not a riddle, or, well, maybe it is, but I don't know the answer, I'm trying to find out..." Silas wrung his sleeve nervously. "The exact words were..." A look of dawning comprehension appeared on Silas's face. It was not a happy one. "I was not specifically told to enter uninvited." Have I been on the wrong track this whole time? Why was skullduggery my first instinct?

The last time you misinterpreted a command like that... well, it didn't end well. It never does. This time, your mistake is close enough to still be covered by the exact words, but if you've gone off the intent, there will most certainly be consequences. Your destiny has never been set in stone.

You can't think of how to recover from this. The only plan that comes to mind is to stall.

>Ask him what might have gone differently if you had entered through the appropriate channels. You know, instead of being a cat burglar.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1475 on: August 06, 2011, 08:27:15 pm »

"No", said Kytuzian just before leaving, and then walked to the house was just gifted by Kain. As he was walking, Kytuzian wondered about what Kain had said. "There is a nice house on the edge of town that used to belong to a traitor, it's yours now." Who was this traitor, and what happened to him? And what did he do to make himself a traitor? More worryingly, what did Kain have to do with it? It seemed he was involved with the traitor, seeing as he owned his house Sighing, he trudged on, taking note of the buildings he passed while traveling. Once in the house, he set down all his equipment, and calls his horse over to the shed at the side.

Instructing his two guards to go do whatever they want, he takes a knife with him and goes to the closest bar.

Go to the bar and ask around.

((I don't know about the shed part, but its kinda mean to leave the horse outside and the like. And hows that for starting?

By the way, where is lonemine?))
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:37:19 pm by kytuzian »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: August 06, 2011, 08:53:31 pm »

((Southeastren Elberath. Near the Eelspine mountains. I don't think in it... Its a generally small town centered around a iron(?) mine, with a barracks that has "This is what happens to tratiors on it." in blood on the side and then a small two story manor house with a balcony overlooking town sqaure. I imagine a small(incredibly small) well in the center  of the sqaure. I imagine it has atleast two taverns/inns in it.))
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:06:25 pm by filiusenox »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: August 06, 2011, 08:55:21 pm »

((I'd say it would have a well rather than a fountain due to the lack of running water around Eelspine. Not that there isn't any up there though, we just haven't found it yet.))

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1478 on: August 06, 2011, 09:34:30 pm »

((Unexplored, uncharted mountains that no sane people go to...Moria?

Could have some FUN in there.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: August 06, 2011, 09:35:13 pm »

((Pick the first two. We haven't dug that far deep yet...))

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1480 on: August 06, 2011, 09:36:15 pm »

((Could still be lots of fun. Not going quite yet though, I have a bad feeling about it.

Can you imagine what people would do if we found mithril?

Speaking of which, does mithril exist in this world?

))
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:46:26 pm by kytuzian »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: August 06, 2011, 09:51:14 pm »

((I'd beware there are Suulian Mercernaries in the Eelspine...I wonder what the people in the bars will tell Kytuzian if he rolls a one...))
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 02:54:52 pm by filiusenox »

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1482 on: August 06, 2011, 10:05:34 pm »

((Hmmm... I can't even imagine what a bunch of drunk isolated tired miners would say to me. Glad I brought my knife.))
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:18:07 pm by kytuzian »

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: August 07, 2011, 01:22:12 am »

((I'd beware there are Ztah raiders in the Eelspine...I wonder what the people in the bars will tell Kytuzian if he rolls a one...))
as far as you know there aren't Ztah in the mountains i was very careful to keep that a secret
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: August 07, 2011, 01:28:54 am »

The Nahk of the Zimtar raider clan is glad.
Nahk state: very happy
The Nahk is the leader of my clan aka me

Use the two regiments to search the western surface of the mountains for resources.

Spoiler: Ztah (Zimtar raiders) (click to show/hide)

Commander Zacmar learning progress: not arrived

Commander Zacmar troop learning progress: not arrived

if i am not mistaken doesn't using 2 regiments for non military work add +1 to a roll?
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 188