Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185727 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1440 on: August 05, 2011, 02:30:26 pm »

OOC:
Taric and Trubaldsome would both be executed the moment King Erik found out about the loss of his sister. The Kingdom would then enter an age of darkness and despair as it becomes increasingly clear that his sister's influence was the only thing keeping King Erik from becoming a horrible, despotic ruler and also as King Erik begins to import anyone so much as claiming magical abilities from the world over in an attempt to resurrect his lost sibling. After the invading army defeats Preston forces, the King, now a gaunt and pale shadow of his former self as a result of his dealings with dark mages, would personally ride out to lead the royal army in a horrible massacre as the entirety of Preston land is burned and the earth salted. The population of Miring would then be systematically slaughtered till none were left, and the people of the Stonewood County would also be wiped out to the last in his insurmountable grief-driven rage.
When the smoke cleared, and Erik realized what had happened, he would kill himself as retribution for his crimes but not before burning down what remained of the palace, which had never been rebuilt in all that time.

But no, really. If Kara dies the King would be too grief-stricken to get angry. Anyone who caused her death might be executed though, and he'd probably become an even less effective ruler than he currently is.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: August 05, 2011, 02:34:28 pm »

(( :o to the first bit, but the second one seems more realistic. Now the thing I'm wondering is did she survive the flames?))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: August 05, 2011, 03:26:15 pm »

OOC:
Taric and Trubaldsome would both be executed the moment King Erik found out about the loss of his sister. The Kingdom would then enter an age of darkness and despair as it becomes increasingly clear that his sister's influence was the only thing keeping King Erik from becoming a horrible, despotic ruler and also as King Erik begins to import anyone so much as claiming magical abilities from the world over in an attempt to resurrect his lost sibling
This would be the perfect opening for the Necromancer character I had been thinking about.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: August 05, 2011, 03:38:57 pm »

((Would King Erik execute me for calling the spirits to stop the fire?))

"Yes...lord even in this condition...let me find some ink..."

Action- Get some ink and write down what ever anyone says on a sheet of paper with a quill that was in Locanil's satchel that was always on him the whole time.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: August 05, 2011, 04:49:43 pm »

With the fire put out, Silas turns his attention to the important matters...

"Ugh, cold cold cold wet wet wet," he whine to nobody in particular, futilely attempting to wring out his clothes. "Hate rain so much..." After a few moments, he gives up on that, and notices that the king has arrived.

Well. You wanted an audience. That said, he seems to be doing something else right now. And the steward guy isn't around, so he might not even know who you are. Where is the steward guy, anyway?

>Look around for the steward guy. Don't leave the area, though, you still are a prisoner, and the guards probably wouldn't take kindly to that.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1445 on: August 05, 2011, 04:55:44 pm »

I just read 97 pages of this stuff. And its pretty epic.

I might join, but I probably won't, because I can't think of anyone to be.

That aside, I think I'm going to try to put together the story of Elbreth/Whatever the land/continent/world/whatever this is is called. (Which would be a lot easier if people posted in order, but I guess that's not really your fault)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:33:58 pm by kytuzian »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: August 05, 2011, 05:11:19 pm »

OOC: Obviously I was being facetious in that first answer. And Princess Kara most likely survived, unless she was hanging out in the same wing of the palace as the guests (and some servants) for whatever reason. If it should be rolled for, I'll let Iituem/Ghazkull decide and make the roll...but it's probably safe to assume she's alive.
She isn't secretly part of King Erik's guard. She does make public appearances though she was at the speech where King Erik sent the troops off to Preston...or will be, if we're looking at this from the perspective of the fire. And it's safe to assume that any time Erik makes a major proclamation she's somewhere in the throne room.

Kytuzian, we'd love to have you join if you'd like to. And kudos for being able to read through 97 pages of our insanity. Right now there's a war going on, as you probably know, so if you want to jump right into the action then being a nobleman, mercenary, ship-captain, doctor or something else of any importance in Miring or Elbreth would probably be the way to go. You could also make a character in the Weyland Highlands, where there's action pretty much all the time and where a new nation is about to be solidified. Just some suggestions though, feel free to play whatever you want if you decide to join.

(Silas 5) You search the crowd, and after a while you find the Steward conversing with the guard captain that you convinced to let you help with the fire. Both of them are willing to back up your claims of not-being-a-wrong-doer.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: August 05, 2011, 05:50:30 pm »

((Damn, Almost a hundred pages! Oh and kytuzian, i'm always looking for adventurers to find me magical artifacts of power! The pay is good.
I wonder if I could write up what the Old Religion is about?
You know i would back you up if you went Tyrannical my good king, right? Gods that would be awesome.))
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:54:23 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1448 on: August 05, 2011, 06:31:02 pm »

filiusenox, that actually sounds pretty fun, but what would you do with the artifacts? Take over the world? Unleash demons? Control minds?

More importantly though, how much do I get payed?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: August 05, 2011, 06:36:24 pm »

((Depends on the item in question, for example. If i was given a staff that allowed me to control the most powerful demon ever, i would lay waste to our enemy cities. I wouldn't want to Directly rule the world anyway. Sitting in a throne room all day=boring.
Depends on the power and rarity of the item. Think a low amount, nice house or favor in return for a small, 1 or two ducats for a meduim level, land for a high level.))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: August 05, 2011, 07:44:54 pm »

Having found steward guy, Silas heads over to the King, who is busy listening to some other important-looking people Silas doesn't recognize.

Well, once he's done with that, you'll have your audience.

It's time to tell him all about

uh

well, what exactly were you going to tell him?

>Tell him about the prophecy.

Oh come on, you don't even know that much about the prophecy.

>I know three things. That's enough.

Really? These three things?

-It benefits humanity as a whole, or possibly the kingdom, or possibly your family, or possibly yourself.
-It does not cause harm to more people than good. PROBABLY.
-It required you to sneak into the castle looking for a gem that didn't exist and get caught in the process.

That's not a lot!

>It's enough.

You are. Ugh. Fine.

>After that, ask if he has any idea what it might be.

Not asking your angel? Probably knows more than the king.

>Angels can only say so much. We mortals have to earn our destiny, not have it handed over on a silver platter.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1451 on: August 05, 2011, 08:58:38 pm »

Question: Does Elbreth allow privateering?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: August 05, 2011, 09:01:56 pm »

((If we had a coast we could tell you :P))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: August 05, 2011, 09:08:18 pm »

((We'll have one soon. Ssh.))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1454 on: August 05, 2011, 09:33:37 pm »

I figured that I could take a boat, and start raiding wherever it is we have enemies, take gold, and then pay shares to the king. Or something. Or maybe I could privateer against Elbreth and help out Preston. Or Miring. Or Suul.

EDIT: Did you know the miring means to cause to be stuck in mud.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 188