Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185048 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1200 on: July 31, 2011, 08:03:35 pm »

((Yay. My char and ideas aren't boring :P. Sorry for the wait. Been on a fishing trip all weekend.))

Amaryllis shrugs nonchalantly. "Think about it this way, if you help him find these materials, one or two ducats will arrive to fund your research. If you find out his name, however..." She shrugs again, "He doesn't want you to be able to blackmail him if things go pear shaped."
She stares at Mahtan with a smile.
"I can tell you my name, Its Lizzie. Lizzie Temple."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kain yawned and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. His house seemed very boring nowadays with no one around besides that stupid cat that Amaryllis brought with her when she moved in.
It was sitting on his desk now, staring at him with hungry eyes.
He was in the process of staring it down when a rapping came on his chamber door. He sighed, stood up and got dressed in his clothes.
He opened his door quickly and stared at the young boy doing the knocking.
"What?"
"Sorry sir, for disturbing you...But...but. I have this piece of paper from your...err...Spy?"
"Hand it over, then.
The boy nodded with and quickly handed him a piece of grimy paper from a grimier pocket.
"This says that you want to marry me when you get older." Kain said after a moment of studying the paper.
"Woops, sorry wrong message!?" He produced another piece of paper and handed it to Kain. Who began to read it with a grim expression then finally started grinning.
"Thanks boy....ask the head house worker for a silver coin on the way out." replying to the boys age old gesture of pay me, namely an upturned hand.

Kain waited for a while and sent for his captains. He swiftly relied orders for them to scout northern Eelspine and southern Elbereth for any Armies from Preston or Miring.

Send soliders to scout Northren Eelspine and The southren parts of the Kingdom
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 08:19:37 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: July 31, 2011, 08:09:59 pm »

Ok, it might be a tad foolish to even leave the castle. Better to teach and write instead. He also wondered when the trade mission to Korlan would be sent, he had to go with them when it happens...

Action- Continue teaching, Inquire when the trade mission to Korlan leaves (ask steward)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: July 31, 2011, 10:57:41 pm »

(Silas 4) Barte's eyes widen in surprise, and he runs a hand through his greasy hair. "Lad, nobody tol' meh you was down here!" he replies, shocked. "Yeh shoulda been brought 'fore someone by now to decide what was t' be done with yah!" He motions you over to the Gaoler's room, and rushes to gather up a wooden bowl. "Ah'll go an' get th' Steward, bu'...y'should eat somethin', how long you been down h-"
It's then that Barte pauses. From the window of a nearby cell, the sound of steel crashing against steel and the shouting of "TRAITOR" can be heard.

Silas turns toward the noise. "That sounds like a fight," he says, completely unaware of any annoyance factor involved in stating the obvious. "Could be trouble. Someone important might be in danger." Silas sees only one acceptable course of action.

>Offer to help out.

What?! You don't even know what's going on!! That could be anyone in there! You could be getting involved with something that you can't get out of alive!

>Offer. To. Help.

*SIGN* ... For the record, you are officially Stupid Good.

>Don't care.

Didn't think you would. Just wanted it on the record.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: July 31, 2011, 11:14:23 pm »

I've determined stage one of my plan.

Put my head together with the Engineer -IN PRIVATE-. 2 points of discussion
His thoughts on fast things that could be constructed to give us (the defenders) an edge in combat outside the city/castle walls. For the purposes of our discussion, always, we are outside the castle. (This is mostly just to get a baseline of what an engineer unit can do.)

How loyal he is to the forces of Preston. Try to phrase this like it doesn't matter, but I still want to know. Drop hints that I might need the services of an engineer.

((I assume we can disband engineer required units to get the engineer back, Otherwise I mean, I cant maintain this engineer unit. Which I want. I'm building a loyal cadre. Ssh.))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 01, 2011, 01:14:42 am »

Waery grimaced as he carefully made his way along the low roof, the wretched, terrified form of Trubaldsome clinging to him like a blubbering child. "I be gettin' too old fer this, methinks..." He grumbled, and with that jumped down to land heavily on a bale of hay set by the stables. Rushing inside, he searches out Trubaldsome's horse (Or, if it is not to be found, any other decent horses in there) and unceremoniously shoves the whimpering noble up onto it.
Quickly, grunting with the exertion, he jumped up onto his own horse and began leading his Lord's steed out.
Trubaldsome, however, had buried his face in one of the bursts of perfumed silken cloth still trailing from his cuff, and whilst it was not quite as effective as his snuff, his mind was still functioning again, to some degree at least.
"Bastards... Must not follow us..." He was speaking through gritted teeth, one hand clenching the horse's reins in a white-knuckled grip as the other reached down, shifting himself in his saddle to grab up a shuttered lantern sitting on a small table inside the stable door. As he came out after Waery he turned, and flung the lantern back into the open door of the stable with a snarl.
"Won't follow me! No horses! No, no-one can follow... Bastards! Stinking, rat-humping bastards! How can the do such things to me?! They..."
And with that, he slipped back into hysteria, hunched over in the saddle alternating between sobbing with fright and babbling mindlessly to his overwrought self as Waery led them at a fast trot out of the city, attracting not a few strange looks, no doubt.

Waery carries Trubaldsome down to the stables, shoves the young Lord onto his horse (or another fine horse, if it isn't there) and grabs one himself, then leads them out of the city into hiding.
As they leave the stables, Trubaldsome, in a short moment of clarity, throws a lit lantern back into the stables to try and prevent pursuit.

((Jeez, I missed a lot!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 01, 2011, 01:57:42 am »

The Nahk of the Zimtar raider clan is angry at the news of a that an outpost failed to be built.
"BLAST THIS INFERNAL COLD, you there take some of the troops and kill those mountain bears, wait send the guards to catch and tame the bears instead, and start diggin for reasources"
Nahk state: suddenly happy

Attempt to catch and tame plateau bears
Search for in ground reasources

Spoiler: Ztah (Zimtar raiders) (click to show/hide)
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1206 on: August 01, 2011, 08:36:07 am »

((I better not get blamed for all these fires))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 01, 2011, 08:40:50 am »

((Obviously you were working in league with the vile Kaguro, who brainwashed the feeble-minded Lord Taric into attacking Trubaldsome -the last remaining person knowing the truth after Kaguro had poor Erika disappeared- in an attempt to keep the General's foul secrets from being let out. Makes sense to me! :D ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 01, 2011, 09:19:51 am »

((What did Erika say, exactly, that sent Taric straightaway to attack Trubaldsome? I seem to have missed that. I also have to admit I like Trubaldsome more. Poor fellow, he's clearly innocent.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: August 01, 2011, 09:26:29 am »

((He asked her about Kaguro, and she pretty much said how horrible he was to her, how scared she was of him, and how he was always taking snuff... :P Taric sorta jumped to conclusions and stuff. Poor girl was just confused. ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 01, 2011, 09:40:38 am »

((Really, the plan was to arrest him, not kill. That went straight to hell though...))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 01, 2011, 10:03:17 am »

((But what for? He hasn't done anything Taric would know of.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 01, 2011, 11:16:47 am »

((Incident involving Erika. This means after Trubaldsome, Kaguro was getting a visit.))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 01, 2011, 11:34:02 am »

Corv glanced at McJohnston, at the reports in front of him and frowned. His jaw was still aching and he couldn't speak but the guards still recognized the movement of his hand.  They stood in front of Johnston and stopped him from leaving. Donald  grinned at him.

"Don't ya worry lad. You did good out there. But the Chief hates cowards and wants to see them punished."

One man was brought in and thrown at the feet of the Jarl. He had been severly beaten but the face was still recognizable. It was Tyrus Halfnose, the man who had been a personal Guard of Corv but in his absence had taken lead of the Blôdvindr Raiders. He had been the one who had cried for retreat first.

Donald stood up and gave the man a disgusted look before connecting his knee with the mans Chest which gave a resounding crack.

"Yer fuckin' bastard. Cowardice is not acceptable 'ere.  Fer yer crime yer will be beaten ter death in front o' the other men."

Donalds face showed revulsion before becoming grave. He looked at the Doctor.

"Yer will be paid doc but the Manskinner has no use for tender-hearted leaders. The army is lead with the carrot and the stick. Give them slaves if they win it fer ye  but in case they rout..."

he recieved a long whimper as his boot hit Halfnose in the belly. Donald spat out in disgust before turning his face to the Doctor again.

" As me said yer get yer lordship an' yer money, but if yer want to be a commander, yer have to beat that guy ter death to show them other men that yer don't accept cowards...and ter show the Manskinner that yer ruthless enough for 'is army."

With this The Old McMurray grabbed the bound man by his hairs and dragged him in front of the tent where already the Soldiers of the Jarl waited. All this while Corv had been stonefaced and not only because the copper wires prevented him from showing any feelings. Now he nodded to Jorun McMurray who laid out a sheepskin in front of McJohnston. On it was a map of a small part of the Weylands. It encompassed the lands of the McKenzies and the Pearsons, all in all 2 parcels of land. Below the map was written in broad,cursive Storm Coast script:

Code: [Select]
I Jarl Corv Manskinner,
hereby declare the Doctor known by the name McJohnston, my vassal and Herse of the lands which one were the homelands of the Clans McKenzie and McPearson. With this title he is granted a place and a voice in the Thing the right to raise a personal military force and to bear his own banner next to that of mine own.

signed and acknowledged
Jarl Corv Manskinner

The script was written in black ink, however the signature was in blood. A blank space was left for the Doctor to sign. Jorun laid a quill and a knife next to it before vanishing and coming back with a chest full of gold.
"Tis o' course just a piece of parchment an' the clansmen wont trust it. Yer need ter do an official ceremony and swear fealty to the Jarl for the men to accept you as their new lord...but anyhow theres yer gold. The jarl and the Lords will wait outside for yer decision, if yer still want ter serve 'im o' course, else just take the gold an' leave..."

Pay 1 Ducat to McJohnston for his services, offer him a lordship of 2 parcels of Land and the title of Herse. If he wants to lead troops for Corv (he can of course decline) he must punish Tyrus Halfnose and the remaining Blôdvindr Raiders for their cowardice. Otherwise McMurray will take care of them and will execute them in public view of every soldier. Either way the decision will have no negative effect for McJohnston except that he may not lead the armies fo the Jarl.

Code: [Select]
The Jarldom of Weyland
(led by Corv Manskinner)

Advisors:
None

Minions:
None

Executed:
Several(?)

Trade Paths:
Weyland Highlands East - Weyland Highlands West

Armies in the Realm:

The Jarl's Forces [Jarl]
1 Personal Blôdvindr Regiment [Jarl] - Personal, Infantry, Raider
1 Blôdvindr Raider Regiments [Jarl] - Infantry, Raider,injured(till end of year)

The McMurray Clan [Jarl]
1 McMurray Clansmen Regiments [Donald McMurray] - Infantry

Munro Clan [Munro]
??? [Munro]

McKinley Clan [McKinley]
??? [McKinley]

Land

Jarldom Resource Access: Coal, Tin

Weyland Highlands, East:
Trade Potential: 0/8
Resources: Coal
Urban Potential: ???

Open Land
6 Parcels [Jarl]: 6 Ducats/year
? Parcels [Munro]: ? Ducats/year
? Parcels [???]: ? Ducats/year - Uknown Amount of These

Market
High Fane [Munro]: 4 Ducat/Year - Fort (+2 Defenders Rolls)
+ 1 Land Parcel [Munro]: 1 Ducat/year

Weyland Highlands, West:
Trade Potential: 0/10
Resources: Tin
Urban Potential: ???

Open Land
8 Parcels [Jarl]: 8 Ducats/year
? Parcels [McKinley]: ? Ducats/year
? Parcels [???]: ? Ducats/year - Uknown Amount of These

Markets
Weybridge Market [McKinley]: 2 Ducats/year
+ 1 Land Parcel [McKinley]: 1 Ducat/year

Towns
Weybridge [McKinley]: 3 Ducats/year
+ 3 Land Parcels [McKinley]: 3 Ducats/year

Treasury:
5 Ducats

((OOC: i left you out for the moment McJohnston until you decide whether or not to join me... :P

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 01, 2011, 11:51:39 am »

((Ghazkull, your characther's reign is brutal and oppresive. I really wish i could ally with you :(.))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 188