Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185107 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1050 on: July 27, 2011, 07:52:24 pm »

Locanil finally finds Mahtan, but he then enters the room of the troublesome noble, Trubaldsome. Locanil loathed the man. They had never truly meet but from what he had read and heard, he was  fool an addict, and an utter snob. Locanil wondered how he had ever been accepted into Erik's court. Well he might as well wait outside while Mahtan does his business. He needed to talk to Mahtan soon, for the sake of the kingdom, and the sake of Locanil's own home, the Great and Serene State of Oritzuntetan.

action- wait for Mahtan to finish business with Trubalsome
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 27, 2011, 08:22:02 pm »

Amaryllis followed Mahtan in the shadows, waiting for a good moment to talk to the Alchemist. But a large weather-beaten man intercepted him and lead him to Lord Tubaldsome's quarters. Sighing inwardly, she cleaned the grime off her clothes and prepared to wait for the Alchemist outside the door, when a Lizard man- vaguely resembling the demons that her mom told tales of, to scare her into being a good little girl- walked to the door and stood waiting. Mustering her courage, Amaryllis stepped out into the light and waved at the Lizard man.

Amaryllis will wait for Mahtan to finish his business with Trubaldsome and then speak to the Alchemist.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:38:04 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 27, 2011, 08:37:39 pm »

Drua pauses for a moment, then decides to follow the band of soldiers that are well-equipped. If you follow the people with the best weapons, it'll lead somewhere interesting eventually. Even if it didn't lead to the camp, she'd be on hand to disturb something, at least. Those troops did look like they were heading out to do something important, and she knew it was her job to cause as much havoc for the enemy as possible!
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 27, 2011, 08:55:41 pm »

Jormund orders the attack on the Yevenov and attempts to have his men and the Raiders work together to form an ambush but unfortunately his men aren't exactly trained for that type of thing. They still have the numerical advantage though, which should hopefully pull them through.

Go through with the attack on the Yevenovs' land using the personal regiment as well as the ztahs.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1054 on: July 27, 2011, 09:17:39 pm »

((Is suprised by the lack of yoink))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 27, 2011, 09:32:53 pm »

((He probably has work. I hope he replies soon though, I need the service of the alchemist myself))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 27, 2011, 09:34:33 pm »

"I'm not a medical doctor, so i'm not sure what you'd need from me"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 27, 2011, 09:38:41 pm »

((Oh dear god, so much to catch up on!! D: Sorry guys, just gotta read all this stuff))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 27, 2011, 09:44:00 pm »

Hmm...curious a human...probably female. Scared he could tell he walked up to her and said:

"Greetings human, I do not know you but I believe you also come for the alchemist. I do believe you are a servant of some other noble or power. So don't bother hiding your allegiance. But enough about that, know that I have second right to the alchemist, After he exits that door I shall confront him first. You may have him after, I wont be long."

With that Locanil bowed and turned around to go back to his post next to the door

You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 27, 2011, 10:03:53 pm »

Waery, the package from Drua tucked beneath one arm, showed Mahtan into Trubaldsome's quarters, with a nod.
"Th' alchemmist here t' see yer, M'lord." With that, he stepped back outside and waited, eyeing the strange creature that approached warily. "'Ey, it's you! What're ye doin' here, lizard?" He turned his gaze to Amaryllis. "An' you! What d'ye want with Lord Trubaldsome, eh?" He looked between the two, his wrinkled brow creased in suspicion.

Meanwhile, inside, Trubaldsome greeted Mahtan with forced warmth, gesturing him to a seat before his desk from where he sat behind it. The young noble looked to be in a bad way; His hair had not been combed for some time, he had dark circles under his eyes, and he drummed his fingertips absently on the desk.
He was very plainly anxious about something.
"Ah yes, the alchemist. Welcome, 'tis good to see you. I hope you are well..."
As Mahtan spoke up, Trubaldsome's eyes narrowed, and his thin veneer of friendly warmth rapidly disappeared.
"You do not know of medicines?! But you are an alchemist! Explain yourself, man!"
He frowned, took a pinch of snuff and ran a hand wearily through his lank hair, then sighed, speaking in a more calm tone,
"You are telling me you know nothing of medicines, hm? Well... Surely, you have met many people with such knowledge, in your profession?"

Booze is Life for Yoink

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 27, 2011, 10:07:08 pm »

I'm alchemist, not an apothecary, I at no point said I knew anything of the poultices or salves.

I am a man of science, and I study whatever I please.

Mahtan gets up from his seat.

If you need to cure a venereal disease then take it up with someone from town, I have real work to do.

Mahtan leaves like a pimp

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 27, 2011, 10:50:02 pm »

Amaryllis twitched when the lizard thing came over to her and then slowly nodded in agreement.

"I am a...ermm...friend of somebody who wishes to speak with the alchemist. Mr. Lizard over there however, gets to talk to him first."
Amaryllis replied first, staring the man down as she talked.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:15:03 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 28, 2011, 12:52:02 am »

I would prefer it if you didn't call me lizard humans, I might as well call you people pigs or cows or what not. But I am here for the alchemist. Also if your master wants a cure, he should probably look beyond the castle. Also, are you that peasant who can write like a noble? I have a class for some peasants and if it wouldn't be too much could you come visit?"

As the alchemist came into view Locanil said

"Ah yes alchemist, as a my friend said *he looks at the girl and turns back to look at Mahtan* I need to speak to you. We must however speak in private"

Locanil moves closer and whispers

"Your new room shall do. It is a matter of science and service to the kingdom."

He stepped back and waited for a reply.
He then looked back at girl. Still sheepish, she wasn't a very good spy or messenger, maybe she had other abilities...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:01:21 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 28, 2011, 01:33:32 am »

Trubaldsome was speechless with anger for a moment as the alchemist simply walked out, then he growled to himself and snatched up the small, jewelled box from his desk.

Outside, Waery blinked in confusion as he glanced between the lizard-man and the girl, but was spared any further conversation as the door opened as Mahtan came through. Waery stuck his head in through the door, saw his Lord's grimace of annoyance as he clawed open the snuffbox, and wisely closed it again and waited a moment in the suddenly-crowded hallway.
After a moment, he waved a hand at the three standing outside the door and rumbled, "A'right, a'right, you lot c'n just get goin' now, yer disturbin' Lord Trubaldsome with yer yappin'." He nodded, once, then headed in through the doorway, shifting the package from under his arm.

"Here ye go M'lord, I got th' package from th' Apocethary. Ye be needin' anythin' else?"
Trubaldsome set down his snuffbox with a click and gripped the arms of his chair agitatedly.
"No, no Waery. Just set it over there, yes." The young Lord sighed heavily.
"You may go back to whatever it was you were doing before... But first, just get some of the men to track down any noted physicians around the city, and surrounding countryside."
He stroked his moustache thoughtfully for a moment, then added, acidly, "Oh, and be sure to tell those bumbling idiots I want whoever they find alive. Honestly, the fools I have to work with..." With another sigh, he waved Waery out of the room, got up and headed over to stare out the window, muttering to himself under his breath.

Send some of my guards to search the surrounding area of the city for physicians, apothecaries and/or faith healers, to arrange a meeting with Trubaldsome.

(( :P Oh, and I'm confused... In Thatkid's post on the Forces of Elbreth, Trubaldsome's retinue is listed as marching to Miring? I'm guessing that's in the future, or something... Wow, trying to arrange this game chronologically makes my head hurt! :o ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 28, 2011, 01:44:38 am »

"Fine, but make it quick my reptilian friend, I actually DO have tasks I must complete."

Mahtan joins the lizardman to a private study.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 188