Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28

Author Topic: Simple BYOR - Night 3: No Flavor For You [2 Replacements Required!]  (Read 41532 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Simple BYOR - Day 3: Five Minute Break
« Reply #375 on: August 09, 2011, 02:22:31 pm »

Yes. I gave it to IronyOwl.
I received it myself though, thus the thought of getting redirected at myself. Also:

Ottofar: Your case still is half 'gut feelings', your only points are 'scum wouldn't lie about their abilities' even though it would mean an extra night to live, 'Toaster supported a policy lynch but then questioned a guy who was policy lynching', which I'll get into later, 'I was calling Darvi out for activelurking when he was calling me out for activelurking', so congratulations, you're both activelurkers who deserve to hang, and 'Toaster let his RV sit on me for a long while', which Toaster has already addressed, and 'Toaster stopped voting for me once people weren't voting for me', which is a little inaccurate to begin with as Toaster did in fact post between Dariush outstripping you without switching his vote, and Toaster had a fairly substantial case on Dariush for his vote as well.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 09, 2011, 06:32:47 pm »

Irony, should we just not ask questions about why no one died last night? If we get an idea of what happened, we can deduce the cause, and from that help to find what may be our last scum. From what role information has been claimed in public already, we have at least 2 potential leads, as far as I can see.

As for the disappearing, I need to learn to not play more than 1 Mafia at once. It's a bit daunting to keep up to speed on two or more games, and it's hard to psyche myself up about the solid body of work that playing actively in 2 games, along with anything else I'd like to do in my spare time, entails.
The method you're doing it in seems... sneaky, or something. You don't seem to be going full rolefishing/requesting claims, but aren't doing anything but thinking about the night. It seems like activelurking or extremely passive play.

Case in point: You've still got nothing. Your only question to anyone is a generalized "Anyone see anything strange last night?" How long were you intending to sit on that before deciding it was answered?

Unvote for the moment though, because I've got something else to work on.

Otto: I agreed with Toaster, so I'm scum? I thought IronyOwl was avoiding the question and acting unusual, so I questioned him. And where did I defend Toaster? You survived the night, obviously. Did you give an inspect to someone?
Think. You were voting me to lynch me, not question me. Your last post of the day spells this out rather clearly. Trying to later pass this off as "oh I just wasn't satisfied with his answer so I questioned him a bit" is unbelievably scummy. Also, your current play is passive (one defense, one scumpicks from lurker) and I still want answers to my response to your lynchvote post.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 09, 2011, 07:07:00 pm »

Yes, I did want to lynch you. At the time, I saw a tie and thought that I would be willing to lynch you in order to avoid the tie. I didn't respond before the day ended because I had an unplanned absence all the next day until the day ended. By questioning you, I'm referring to when I first started questioning you and agreeing with Toaster, prior to voting you, since that's what I thought Otto was referring to by 'going along with' Toaster. I played passive because I am suffering from a heatwave and a killer headache, which is making thinking of questions difficult.

For the response to yesterday: yes, I was alright with the day ending then. I thought you were scum who should hang. Now, I'm less sure of it, which is why I haven't voted you yet. I can't really challenge your stance on Bd considering all he really did was lurk.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 09, 2011, 07:39:07 pm »

I can't really challenge your stance on Bd considering all he really did was lurk.
Meaning what, exactly?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 10, 2011, 06:24:59 am »

See the "Not actually lurking" thread for details on my current inactivity. Sorry. Would not object if a replacement for me was sought but will try to do what I can.

For now, trying not to be scared out of sleeping by OH GOD WHY ARE MOSQUITO HAWKS SO HUGE THIS IS NOT OKAY GUYS.

The only consolation I have is if the fucker comes near me again, now my cat is here to eat it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 10, 2011, 11:18:50 am »

Irony: Meaning your explanation of why you left Bd alone. The only point I had was that you had never bothered to explain why you didn't follow up on Bd, and while I still find it odd you never actually mentioned him in your posts, I can understand why you didn't bother with him again before he died.

Hrm. While I still find you a little suspicious, Irony, I want to hear what Vector has to say, if anything, in response to Native's might-be-an-inspect, and while I could draw a conclusion about Native's towniness from his behavior with Darvi and Otto, Darvi is still kinda missing, and how Native interacted with Darvi's replacement would certainly help.

Vector: Where's your re-read your promised?

Native: Are you going to do much today, or are you so confident in your ability that you're certain Vector's scum?

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 10, 2011, 03:07:10 pm »

I think Irony might be a survivor. Not at all sure though.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 10, 2011, 03:44:41 pm »

Otto, I'm only curious, but where are you reading Survivor from? Your statements continue to be very passive and general.

See the "Not actually lurking" thread for details on my current inactivity. Sorry. Would not object if a replacement for me was sought but will try to do what I can.

I do need one thing of you; please share anything strange that happened to you last night.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 10, 2011, 05:28:07 pm »

Native: Are you going to do much today, or are you so confident in your ability that you're certain Vector's scum?

That second one. But I suppose I'll keep an eye out for other possibilities.

Also, when I joined, I forgot that I would be leaving for camp this Friday. I'm going to need a replacement before then.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 11, 2011, 12:03:35 pm »

Okay this is just silly.

Extend.

Solifuge: I hope you have a good reason for asking for night information from people?

Vector: I know you're busy, but I want to see your reread before the day is through. Can you think of any reason why Native's ability would've returned a positive result on you?

Mod: Could you put in the thread title we still need a replacement for Darvi, or force him back into the game? Also with the replacement for Native.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Simple BYOR - Day 3: Five Minute Break [2 Replacements Required!]
« Reply #385 on: August 11, 2011, 02:00:58 pm »

We have twenty-two posts on the whole day two. This is bad.

Also, Solley, I dunno, his yesterday's passivity and voting to save himself and stuff, I guess.
What do you read on him?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 11, 2011, 03:40:27 pm »

Extend.

I cannot post until Saturday morning.  Exam on Friday, then going to house, then book sale, and though I'd like to promise a post on Friday I frankly know that I'll be too tired to do so.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 11, 2011, 04:30:55 pm »

I'll second an Extend. I'm going to be busy tonight through tomorrow, and my time may be limited.

Also Think, I may have a good reason. Here's hoping I hear something from someone soon.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 11, 2011, 06:16:37 pm »

Day Extended. It would have been anyway, as I'm not feeling well. I'll have a vote count up soon. Sorry for that.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 11, 2011, 07:34:19 pm »

Well shit. Two replaces, two busy-as-hell-so-not-heres, and Ottofar.

Anyway, Think's more straightforward "I thought you were scum so I wanted you hanged" response was pretty good. That'd still be lynching on alarmingly little, but considering his general lack of activity (and the "day" length at that point) that seems plausible.

I'm eagerly awaiting the results of Solifuge's current shenanigans, though.

We have twenty-two posts on the whole day two. This is bad.

Also, Solley, I dunno, his yesterday's passivity and voting to save himself and stuff, I guess.
What do you read on him?
You should probably like, question me on it, maaan.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28