Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: Simple BYOR - Night 3: No Flavor For You [2 Replacements Required!]  (Read 41643 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Simple BYOR - Day 2: Sun Down, Sun To Go?
« Reply #270 on: July 29, 2011, 05:39:45 pm »

Since I'm out of the game, can I get a spoilspec please?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 29, 2011, 06:48:03 pm »

I doubt it for three reasons.  One, post restriction roles are pretty unpopular here.
While Bd's role was rather different, I'd consider that a post restriction.

Two: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88478.msg2464891#msg2464891
Three: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88478.msg2464963#msg2464963
Yeah alright, he's RIAing.

As for my opinion on him?  Besides my comments on him here, I'll add on that it looks like he started out giving a modest try at playing town, but then just said "screw it" and started playing Org.
But you have no thoughts on whether he's scum or town or something else?

Simple- you want to appear active while waiting for bandwagons to form so you can hop on it.
And I would want or need to do that because?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 29, 2011, 07:03:44 pm »

How so.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 29, 2011, 08:51:40 pm »

Irony:
I doubt it for three reasons.  One, post restriction roles are pretty unpopular here.
While Bd's role was rather different, I'd consider that a post restriction.

Two: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88478.msg2464891#msg2464891
Three: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88478.msg2464963#msg2464963
Yeah alright, he's RIAing.

It was post encouragement!

Yes, he is.  That's why I said...

As for my opinion on him?  Besides my comments on him here, I'll add on that it looks like he started out giving a modest try at playing town, but then just said "screw it" and started playing Org.
But you have no thoughts on whether he's scum or town or something else?

..."I have extreme doubts that he is town."

Simple- you want to appear active while waiting for bandwagons to form so you can hop on it.

Because you are scum?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 29, 2011, 08:55:53 pm »

Yes, he is.  That's why I said...

..."I have extreme doubts that he is town."
Oh, my bad.

Because you are scum?
Why would that stop me from voting Ottofar on my own?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 29, 2011, 08:58:10 pm »

I think the important thing here, IronyOwl, is that you aren't denying any of these questions.

You're answering them with questions and deflecting.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 29, 2011, 09:04:53 pm »

I think the important thing here, IronyOwl, is that you aren't denying any of these questions.

You're answering them with questions and deflecting.
I want Toaster's reasoning on why I would need to wait for an excuse to vote Ottofar- it's hardly a difficult choice to explain.

I'm answering them with relevant questions, and I am most certainly not deflecting. Now explain what's wrong with the former, and why you say I'm performing the latter.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 29, 2011, 11:20:04 pm »

Irony: You do understand why a bandwagon would be extremely beneficial for scum, right? Because you seem to be trying your best to ignore the original point of the question, which is not just your vote, but also what you're trying to convince other people of. Why are you not answering the question directly: why did you indirectly point suspicion at Otto?

Ottofar: You keep insisting that Toaster must be scum, and never produce anything to back it up beyond vague 'gut feelings.' You're being wantonly useless, uncooperative, and ridiculous, and making posts like this and this just make me think you're trying your best to pull of a RiA. You're scum.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 29, 2011, 11:45:05 pm »

Because you are scum?
Why would that stop me from voting Ottofar on my own?

It's the passivity of the statement: you're looking for support (scummy) instead of acting as an independent thinker (not scummy).  If you want to vote him, fine, but do it because you think he is scum, not because everyone else does.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2011, 12:08:46 am »

Irony: You do understand why a bandwagon would be extremely beneficial for scum, right? Because you seem to be trying your best to ignore the original point of the question, which is not just your vote, but also what you're trying to convince other people of. Why are you not answering the question directly: why did you indirectly point suspicion at Otto?
That's the opposite of his original suspicion, and it wasn't phrased as a question. He claimed I was waiting to see what bandwagons would form, not trying to lead one.

I "indirectly pointed suspicion," which some might phrase as "asked about," Ottofar because I wanted everyone's opinions on him. He was puzzling, and I didn't think directly scumhunting him would accomplish much.

Now why is it you're attacking me with a mangled version of Toaster's argument, after both he and Vector voted me for it?

It's the passivity of the statement: you're looking for support (scummy) instead of acting as an independent thinker (not scummy).  If you want to vote him, fine, but do it because you think he is scum, not because everyone else does.
Except, I wasn't looking for support for a given interpretation- I was literally asking what everyone thought of him. And this still doesn't explain why scumme would try to gauge support for the most obvious choice, rather than just jumping on there.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 30, 2011, 07:37:26 am »

I like how you grab that argument to throw at Irony there.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 30, 2011, 07:37:58 am »

Not that the rest of the post is original either.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 31, 2011, 08:10:24 pm »

Irony:
Except, I wasn't looking for support for a given interpretation- I was literally asking what everyone thought of him. And this still doesn't explain why scumme would try to gauge support for the most obvious choice, rather than just jumping on there.

...Unless said scum wanted to test the bandwagon waters.  You're verging into WIFOM territory now with your responses.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 31, 2011, 08:24:55 pm »

We seem to have lost steam.

Next, I'll have to change my location in my profile next Tuesday. Soooo I guess that unless I got killed already in all the games I have to get a replacement everywhere :V
Also, it seems Darvi needs a replacement.

So Ottofar, I'm going to lynch you for rampant RIA and Orgness. If you're town, you should never act like this because it's harmful to town. If you're scum, lolno.

Unless you'd like to give me an actual explanation for this behavior and reason why I shouldn't.

...Unless said scum wanted to test the bandwagon waters.  You're verging into WIFOM territory now with your responses.
But again, why. What is it about Ottofar that would make me want to test the waters rather than just hopping on board? Or, barring that, what is it about my question that screamed "testing waters" and not "wants answers?"

That last response wasn't WIFOM from me, it was a changing story from you. You phrased it as though I was trying to passively build support against Ottofar, which you now admit wasn't the case.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 01, 2011, 12:51:32 am »

Being used to IRC games. Also, getting annoyed later. But yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28