Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28

Author Topic: Simple BYOR - Night 3: No Flavor For You [2 Replacements Required!]  (Read 41661 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Simple BYOR - Day 1: Webadict Is Crazy [1 Replacement Required!]
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2011, 06:21:53 am »

-snip-
Uh... so you answered by question and ignored what I wrote before it. All right, I'll ask you directly - are you going to continue ((pseudo)active)lurking? If you can't keep up, ask for a replacement.
I'm talking SorcApp 3 where you inadvertently revealed that you knew exactly how many scum sorcs there were (when that wasn't public knowledge) and P19 (the original) when I called you out as scum for giving me crap over a kook claim.  The second one isn't so much a slip, I'll grant.
Uh, SA3... Yeah, I fucked that one up. I usually forget pretty quickly where did I get any given information from, which paid off badly. I hope I improved since then. And in P19 I just relied on Gambler's Fallacy and... fucked it up too. Well, whatever.
However, let me point this out:

Ottofar's Jestership is a major WIFOM IMO and not one to be tackled on D1, so my vote stays off him.

-snip-

Think and Toaster, what do you think about possibility of Otto being a Jester?

You call it WIFOM and that it shouldn't be tackled, then two paragraphs later ask me and Think about that.  You're simultaneously calling it WIFOM to be avoided and asking others to indulge.  You made a statement on it, like it or not, when you unvoted him- you're trying to hop off your scum buddy's wagon.
I specifically added 'IMO', which stands for 'in my opinion'. FYI. And then I asked what other people Think about it. And if I wanted to actually prevent Otto's lynch, wouldn't I have voted Darvi to create a tie?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simple BYOR - Day 1: Webadict Is Crazy
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2011, 10:57:25 am »

Dariush.

And if I wanted to actually prevent Otto's lynch, wouldn't I have voted Darvi to create a tie?

I dunno, what do you think you would have done?  Why are you asking us what you would do?

Last time I saw this sentence construction, the person in question was scum.  One of the BYORs... the one where I was the roses or whatever.  You are inviting us to fill in the blanks on your own case of scumminess, and by getting us to agree with you (as we can't possibly say you wouldn't have necessarily done what you say) you are promoting a foot-in-the-door effect to get us to agree with more.

Sorry for the long-windedness.  I'm not saying this is intentional.  I'm saying that this is one of those big-alarm signs for me, like going to pieces with a billion run-on sentences right after being voted.

That's all a fancy way to say that you're scum.

The miller claim with the creepy laughter as a file attachment didn't help matters much, either.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2011, 11:10:50 am »

Okay, I'll rephrase that.

If I really wanted to prevent Otto's lynch instead of, you know, voting BD because I suspect him, I would have voted Darvi instead to create a tie.

Now, where have I seen you fussing about wording? Ah yes, in P19.5. Where you were scum.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2011, 11:18:08 am »

Okay, I'll rephrase that.

If I really wanted to prevent Otto's lynch instead of, you know, voting BD because I suspect him, I would have voted Darvi instead to create a tie.

Now, where have I seen you fussing about wording? Ah yes, in P19.5. Where you were scum.

I don't give a fuck about what your motivations and goals were and for what--that's Panda's deal.  I care about how you state them.

FYI, I fuss about wording in every single game I play.  Check the Notable Games Archive.  I'm in most of them, fussing about wording.

Finally, subtle, pointless OMGUS.  Scared of me?  Come get me.  I'm right here, waiting for you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2011, 11:38:25 am »

I thought that it was possibly a pressure vote, but now I'm sure it is. You should be more subtle when trying to provoke other people.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2011, 11:39:08 am »

I thought that it was possibly a pressure vote, but now I'm sure it is. You should be more subtle when trying to provoke other people.

It isn't a pressure vote, asshole.  I think you're scum.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2011, 11:52:00 am »

I think you're scum.
Because of a whopping one reason, which is wording you don't like?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2011, 11:54:00 am »

I think you're scum.
Because of a whopping one reason, which is wording you don't like?

Wording I don't like, an OMGUS, the giggling + "fakeclaim," and probably some other reasons when I go back through the files.

Oh, and Toaster's reasoning, which I found quite compelling.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2011, 12:00:50 pm »

an OMGUS
If your eyes haven't betrayed you, I didn't even FoS you.
the giggling
Awesome reason.
"fakeclaim"
Why quotes and why do you consider it fake? Pray tell me.
Oh, and Toaster's reasoning, which I found quite compelling.
And which I fully answered and you, in your hateful rage, ignored. Have a nice hang, scum.

Actually wait, I don't think you're scum. If you were scum or town, you wouldn't have blindly rushed after me for such bullshit reasons. Maybe you're a subtle jester?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2011, 12:13:36 pm »

a. I don't care what color you write it in.  I voted you and your response was to say "YOU CARED ABOUT WORD CHOICE LAST GAME TOO SCUMMY SCUM SCUM!"

b. You giggle when you say you're a miller, I start thinking something is weird.  Don't blame me for it.  That's also why I think it's a fakeclaim--FYI.  It's in quotes because it isn't necessarily a fakeclaim in everyone's eyes--I am simply calling it that to express my own opinionata.

c. You answered it by saying you should have added an "IMO."  That doesn't change the meaning at all.  Before it was your opinion; now it's your opinion.  Nothing has changed.

d. Hateful rage, huh?  Way to delegitimize my opinion of you by characterizing it as one of Vector's angry snaps.

Tell me, is there anything I should be angry at you about?

e.

I dunno, what do you think you would have done?  Why are you asking us what you would do?

Answer the question, scumbag.

f. If you think I'm scum, come at me, bro.  I know, I know.  Calling me a jester gives you an opportunity not to vote me, and then you don't have to get embroiled in a direct fight and you can continue just being an annoying twitch on the side.

But you don't get to call me scum that many times without either a vote or a meaningful attack.

So do it.

I'm waiting.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2011, 01:16:53 pm »

Guess I was right.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2011, 01:19:07 pm »

Also, reading thread now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [FULL!] Simple BYOR: No Idea What You're Talking About
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2011, 01:30:08 pm »

Vote Count
----------------------------
Darvi - NativeForeigner, Ottofar,
Toaster -
Bdthemag - IronyOwl, Dariush,
Think0028 -
Solifuge -
Vector -
Pandarsenic -
Ottofar - Toaster, Solifuge, Darvi, Bdthemag,
Dariush - Vector,
IronyOwl -
NativeForeigner -

Not Voting - Think0028, Pandarsenic,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2011, 02:07:17 pm »

Since I wasn't here for the better part of Random Question Time, I invite folks to ask me anything they would've asked. I probably won't even call you scummy for it!

I will, however, call Darvi out. You're playing a sort of safe, passive Yes Man to folks who are spearheading their own arguments. Is it just trust in them that makes you do this? I also liked this bit:

Wait, there's 3 scum? Huh.
Passively setting up a future accusation on Irony Owl by implying that he claimed to know the number of Scum, while also trying to appear to know as little as possible, eh? You're trying to look meek, and not in the know. Why is that?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2011, 02:45:32 pm »

Toaster: It taught me quite a bit about how good scum interact and a fair bit about what kind of questions are good questions. I learned to begin considering where I could take the answer to a question in addition to just the question itself.

Dariush: At the moment I'm not considering it, because Otto isn't at the top of my scum list.

Bd, Otto: Neither of you have answered my questions yet. Bd, you've only answered one of the three parts of my question. Care to continue? Also, how often does Dariush claim Jester?

If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28