Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28

Author Topic: Simple BYOR - Night 3: No Flavor For You [2 Replacements Required!]  (Read 41539 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Simple BYOR - Day 1: Webadict Is Crazy
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2011, 05:50:35 pm »

Oh shit I shouldn't be posting in the livestream chat while posting here. Oh well.

So Irony, lemme reciprocate with a question of mine: what'd you prefer as a townie? Vigkill or roleblock?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2011, 05:58:11 pm »

Think you're supposed to be picking one from each pair, dude.
This, Darvi.

So Irony, lemme reciprocate with a question of mine: what'd you prefer as a townie? Vigkill or roleblock?
Vigkill. It's like a second lynch!

Wait, there's 3 scum? Huh.
Wait, what?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2011, 05:59:28 pm »

Wait, so you weren't asking me for which pair I wanted as scumbuddies or what?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2011, 06:03:29 pm »

No, I was asking which person out of each pair you would prefer as a scumbuddy. It's basically three iterations of "Would you prefer X or Y as a scumpartner?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2011, 06:16:05 pm »

Oooooh.

Tough one. The only one I could say off the bat would be Pandarsenic. I don't know Toaster or Vector good enough to make any decision that doesn't devolve to a coinflip. Probably Toaster because Vector has been a bit cranky recently (On the other hand, BM's. Gotta have patience for those.) and that could get her into trouble. Although I would try to keep that in check if I had her as a partner. (Whoa. Usually I'm on the receiving end of a moirallegiance.)

Dariush and Ottofar... Ottofar seems to be the better player of the two despite his notorious lurking. Yes he's being horrible today, but I guess that's just him either RIAing or relying on his meta to not get lynched.

Anyways, unvote, but I'm keeping an eye on you for good measure. The good one. Not the astigmatic one.

And while I'm waiting for NF to answer: Ottofar. Scumpicks. Now. Why. And why are you not questinning them.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2011, 08:08:19 pm »

Darvi: Most third parties would definitely rank under the Mafia in terms of threat, but I still don't know what to think about cults. I'd need to be in a game with a cult to rank its threat relative to the mafia. I'll tentatively say mafia.

Toaster: The top three are you, Pandar, and Vector. Having been scum with all three of you, I'd have to say I'd fear scum Vector the most, though. While all three of you are great players, I feel like Vector could pull the wool over my eyes the most simply.

Vector: Being more afraid of cops than the others is reasonable, but why redirectors over blockers? Also, factual question: has rewriting a modpost ever shown up outside of that one bastard mod in the Notable Threads archive?

Bd: Who here would you least want on your scumteam? Most? Who do you think would be the best suited to a town power role?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2011, 09:03:09 pm »

Vector: I'm celebrating my 3 year anniversary with my fiancee. My phone keeps me logged in.

o_O

Apologies, then.  I'll be looking forward to your coming back to the game. F
or now, Breadbocks.

No worries. I'll catch up and be active midday tomorrow.

Darvi: see the top-most quote. Please answer my question or provide a reason why you're waiting on my answer and I'll answer yours tomorrow.

PFP

PPE: Darvi: oh, you asked a clarifying question. By medium, I mean would you choose something interesting but uncertain for your role or would you send in something kind of bland but likely to givee good powers?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2011, 09:21:57 pm »

That was a woman named Cassandra.

I'd also like to know why you're a third vote on a policy lynch practically "two minutes" into D1.
Ah, so that was her name. Also, I don't know where you got the idea that I was the third person on. There was Toaser, then me, and now Darvi. I was second, not third.

While I wait for Ottofar to answer my question and stop being lurk/activelurkpants, Think, which is more powerful anti-town role, mafia roleblocker, or SK?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2011, 09:59:15 pm »

Vector: Being more afraid of cops than the others is reasonable, but why redirectors over blockers? Also, factual question: has rewriting a modpost ever shown up outside of that one bastard mod in the Notable Threads archive?

I don't think that rewriting a modpost has ever shown up outside of that one bastard mod, and for good reason.  Oh, actually, I got a role with that ability (Magnificent Bastard) in Bring Your Own Trope, but the game was aborted for reasons of size.

In a game large enough to hold redirectors, I'm usually selecting night targets extremely carefully, and being redirected when you're nightkilling can cause absolutely everything to blow up.  Those games also usually have a scumteam of four, so the "scumteam can't NK itself" rule isn't always enforced (so far as I know).  I am terrified of not only having to explain why, when a member of the scumteam was retargeted, the person NK'd was scum, there was no other NK, and ... yeah, just all of that.  I'm sure I could think something up, but it would be a royal mess like no other.

I hate roleblockers, but if you get blocked then you can usually just swap the member of the scumteam who's doing the killing and be okay; sometimes you can process-of-elimination yourself into something easy.

Basically, I'd rather have another daygame tacked onto the evasion period than have the scumteam get hit or have our kill going the wrong place.  Better to bus than to be knocked off for arbitrary reasons.

Also, I don't know where you got the idea that I was the third person on. There was Toaser, then me, and now Darvi. I was second, not third.

Sorry, you keep writing his name in red and I keep thinking you're changing your vote to him, rather than just pissing him off >_>

Mod: Breadbocks has been muted for a week, apparently, for threatening other forum members.  Do with this information what you will.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2011, 10:32:03 pm »

I don't think that rewriting a modpost has ever shown up outside of that one bastard mod, and for good reason.  Oh, actually, I got a role with that ability (Magnificent Bastard) in Bring Your Own Trope, but the game was aborted for reasons of size.

Unplayable games, FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU-

Right, so. Ignoring Breadbocks until he can get replaced, Darvi: Do you really think Vector's "crankiness" would betray her scummitude? All qualitative judgments aside, that's the last thing I would expect of Vector. What makes you say that would be likely to happen?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2011, 10:44:57 pm »

A bit burned from doing Roguelike's night, so let me just fire a couple of questions.

I would ask Breadbocks what he thought putting another vote on Ottofar would do, but eh.  I'll ask Darvi.

Darvi:  What good do you think another vote on Ottofar is doing?

Think:  Fair enough.

BD:
Toaster what kind of roles do you think would be the most harmful for town?

Besides the obvious killing and converting roles, scum roleblocks in a BYOR are stronger since nearly everyone has an action.

Pandar:  When do you think LaL is justified?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2011, 01:06:08 am »

Irony, tonight, as I get home.

Bbox:Me Org, you Janus.
Policy lynches are scummy for the  record.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2011, 05:38:36 am »

When people are being noted as absent and refusing to participate anyway; if it's to be done, it has to be before everyone lurks or we're no better off than where we started.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2011, 11:23:18 am »

PPE: Darvi: oh, you asked a clarifying question. By medium, I mean would you choose something interesting but uncertain for your role or would you send in something kind of bland but likely to givee good powers?
Ah. Definitely an awesome/funny role. I think wuba's creative enough to screw me over into making something like "Game Breaker" into a lame role, so relying on a rolename to get good powers seems stupid to me.
Darvi:  What good do you think another vote on Ottofar is doing?
Counterpoint: What good would not voting him do if he's decided to be a useless piece of crap? Especially since he still hasn't answered my question.
Darvi: Do you really think Vector's "crankiness" would betray her scummitude? All qualitative judgments aside, that's the last thing I would expect of Vector. What makes you say that would be likely to happen?
When people are in a bad mood, they are prone to making stupid decisions. I don't know her good enough (or anybody else for the matter) to know if that's the case with her too, so I'm just gonna go with the default of "yes".

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2011, 01:07:14 pm »

Because phoneposting. I'll get to write a proper post after eating though.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28