Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28

Author Topic: Simple BYOR - Night 3: No Flavor For You [2 Replacements Required!]  (Read 41518 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

This is Make-A-Role Mafia Simple BYOR, a mafia game where you send in the name of the role you wish to use and has always been as such no matter what anyone says. Don't believe Steve. He's a lying sack of crap and owes me 10 dollars.

Now, I'm probably incredibly lazy, but that in no way influenced my decision to copypasta BYOR 6.3's description. Which has always been here and anybody that says otherwise--Steves included--are filthy liars.

This game is different from my usual choice of BYORs as I am doing my best to tone down the number of actions I give everybody. Why? Because I enjoy making BYORs, and I really want people to play a frickin' game. Maybe stop being a bunch of pansies, you know? Sign up for King of the Mafia, or something. Yeah, this means you!

Now start reading.

Bring Your Own Role Mafia. Basically, you pick the name of your role, and I pick how it acts and interacts with other roles. Any name shall do, and if it is obscure, a link to a data source might help. ...But please not TOO obscure.

This is otherwise known as U-Pick. I shall do my best to insure playability and avoid broken games. I will not guarantee this, as I'm slightly action-crazy with roles. Oh well.

If you're looking for a crazy game, this is the game for you. It goes beyond the impossible. Twice, sometimes. If you wish to avoid craziness, I suggest you don't join. You have been warned. If you wish to learn about this craziness, I'd suggest looking at BYOR 4, perhaps one of the greatest BYORs played. My hope is to make a game of that caliber.

Therefore, let's play!

As for rules:
PMing: Disallowed unless Role Allows
Hammering: Semi-Allowed (Hammer ends Day, Days are timed [48 Hour Days, 24 Hour Nights, Weekends do not count in that])
Extensions: 48 Hours, Requires more for than against
Quoting Mod: ALWAYS Disallowed
Editing Posts: ALWAYS Disallowed
Along with never under- or over-estimating your own significance.
AND PLAY TO WIN!

And, send your role in when you sign up! Please provide a Wikipedia link (NO VIDEOS/50-PAGE ESSAYS [SOMEONE ALWAYS MISSES THIS!]), if obscure. Or a description, if you're feeling extra keen that day. I do enjoy descriptions, and it makes making your role much easier. Plus, you could pretty much slant it towards a role you would prefer, but I'm just saying...

Please note that sometimes I make your role slightly more or less powerful than average. Please note that this may be intentional, or it may be you over or underestimating your role.

If you want to sign up, you'll have to send in a role. Otherwise, you're not in. Got it? Good. And if your name is here for some reason that has nothing to do with the name of this thread changing, which never happened, then you may feel free to remove it or change your role choice.

Any other questions? Feel free to ask!

Players:
Darvi
Toaster - Lolcat: Lynched Day 2
Bdthemag - Bdthemag: Died Day 1
Think0028
breadbocks Solifuge
Vector
Pandarsenic - My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
Ottofar
Dariush - Utsuho Reiuji the Hell Raven: Lynched Day 1
IronyOwl
NativeForeigner

Bdthemag - Bdthemag
You are Bdthemag, constant lurk

(Auto) Anti-Lurk System: Because of your constant lurking, if you do not post in thread for 24 hours (except on weekends), you die.
(Mafiakill, Night) Roll To Dodge [target]: If your target is targetting another player, you roll a die with the following outcomes. This action replaces the mafiakill.
1: Your action fails. Also, lose all your actions and votes. Oh, except Anti-Lurk System.
2: Your action fails.
3: You kill the target.
4: You kill the target and learn the target's target(s).
5: You kill the target and learn the target's target(s) and the target's action.
6: You kill the target and one of the target's targets.

Utsuho Reiuji the Hell Raven - Dariush
You are... blah blah the Hell Raven. You're some bionic nuclear robot cybord ninja robot thingy. I have no idea.

(Auto) Nuclear Sun Reaction: When you die, the next Night is skipped.
(Auto) Evil Robot Lady: You appear Mafia to inspections.

Lolcat - Toaster
U r a Lolcat, lurkin' on da interwebs. Unfortunately, teh internets have destroyed most of the emotional control center in your brain, leaving you a heartless monster. But the cutest one anyone's ever seen! LOL, that one's making an angry face!

(Mafiakill) Ceiling Cat [target]: Your kill is untrackable. Because lol, u r a ninja!!!

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic - Pandarsenic
You are My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic, and you're here to prove that friendship is the strongest magic of all. By having you and your friends LOVE everypony!

(Auto) Pony: You show up Town to in-equestrigations.
(Night) Love [target]: If you are the only player remaining on your team, you may recruit the target to join your team.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:53:45 pm by webadict »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Make-A-Role Mafia
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 02:29:51 pm »

In.

Shall we send in the roles now or when everybody's inned?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 03:16:13 pm »

Now. Why do I even bother writing things in the OP?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 03:17:24 pm »

Aderp.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 03:44:22 pm »

Aight, sent. Although you'll probably do some edits because nobody can handle that sheer amount of concentrated awesome.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 03:53:05 pm »

So awesome... i'll join in on the fun.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 03:55:50 pm »

I'll make sure the role is what you sent when I send a revisionary copy back. Any differences will be pointed out.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 03:59:54 pm »

In.  Role sent.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SIGN-UPS: 3 / 9+] Make-A-Role Mafia
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 08:36:33 am »

Start joining!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 08:49:44 am »

Okay, I'll join now.

Ooh, snap!

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 11:46:33 am »

In. Hmm. I wonder what I can get away with. ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SIGN-UPS: 4 / 9+] Make-A-Role Mafia {Possibly Delayed?}
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 11:30:06 am »

Would everyone here be up for joining a simple BYOR instead? If so, I'd be fine with running that. I really want to run another game, but there is a significant lack of people here.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 11:42:42 am »

100% up for it.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 12:03:27 pm »

Sure, whatever.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SIGN-UPS: 4 / 9+] Simple BYOR: No Idea What You're Talking About
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 02:50:54 pm »

Join now or forever be wishing you had joined!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28