Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: Simple BYOR - Night 3: No Flavor For You [2 Replacements Required!]  (Read 41512 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Simple BYOR - Night 2: LOL at Toaster.
« Reply #390 on: August 11, 2011, 09:35:16 pm »

Vote Count
----------------------------
Darvi -
Think0028 - Ottofar,
Solifuge - IronyOwl,
Vector - NativeForeigner, Think0028,
Pandarsenic -
Ottofar -
IronyOwl -
NativeForeigner -

Not Voting - Darvi, Vector, Solifuge, Pandarsenic,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Simple BYOR - Day 3: Five Minute Break [2 Replacements Required!]
« Reply #391 on: August 12, 2011, 03:02:42 am »

I don't really care if you're a survivor, as I'm fairly sure you're non-scum.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 12, 2011, 03:05:49 am »

Since there's probably a single scum left.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 12, 2011, 04:13:08 am »

Or cult or something. Makes me a bit worried about the lack of kill.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 12, 2011, 08:32:05 am »

Hm. Good point. I was thinking more along the lines of either two separate scumteams or a three-man team and an SK or a survivor. No kills made me lean Survivor. I'd like to hang Think today anyways.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 14, 2011, 12:24:20 pm »

Well. Unoat Think, vote Vector.

Saturday, you say.
Anyways tie-preventative.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 14, 2011, 01:21:43 pm »

You know how there was no Kill? I roleblocked Pandarsenic last night. I wanted to hear him talk (or avoid talking about) what happened last night without letting him know I was quite ready to hang him, but since he's having a summer break Midterm or something, I can't keep waiting for him to talk. Despite him requesting a replace now, he's still been entirely absent for most of the game, lurking as Pandar normally does when he's Scum.

We can kill him, remove a career lurker, and likely our last scum.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 14, 2011, 08:04:38 pm »

Unless someone brings up a redirection or roleblock on Solifuge, I'm going to agree with Pandar.  Rereading the game now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 14, 2011, 08:24:15 pm »

Bah, I forgot about NF's question.  No, I have no immediate idea why your cigarette test thought I was a bad dude.  I have some other suspicions as to why that might be, though.  I'll let everyone know as soon as I have some more information.

Does your PM actually say "probably," or did you just throw that in there?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 14, 2011, 09:26:16 pm »

Yeah, I can go with that. Pandar.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 14, 2011, 11:12:23 pm »

Unvote Vector

Pandarsenic

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 15, 2011, 03:45:08 am »

Darvi -> Needs replace; covered by a lot of argument
Toaster - Lolcat: Lynched Day 2
Bdthemag - Bdthemag: Died Day 1
Think0028 -> Some apparent Toaster chainsaw, lots of lurking
breadbocks Solifuge -> Declared block on Pandarsenic
Pandarsenic -> Blocked by Soli without nightkill, so scum?
Ottofar -> Probably town, given the Toaster/Ottofar brawls; redirected to himself yesterday with 1-shot inspect
Dariush - Utsuho Reiuji the Hell Raven: Lynched Day 1
IronyOwl -> led lynch on Toaster
NativeForeigner -> Declared inspect on me with word "probably" thrown in; escape hatch?  Very light play this session, possibly due to inspect ability

From Think, a passive vote without an unvote, in what looks like a scum opener; note softballing of BDthemag

Pandar possibly guiding the town

Actually, I get Toasterscum feel. I dunno why.

I doubt Ottoscum would say this.

Think0028 needs to lurk less or I am going to bother him.  I also get a feeling of "easy targets and light, effortless questions" from him.

[...]

I'm worried about Darvi and NativeForeigner.  Darvi for failing to answer questions, NF for lurking.  More the former than the latter.

All of these still stand.

Think:
Toaster: Regarding Otto, I see a lot of accusations of lurking, one accusation of bullshit on his roleclaim, and one 'let's hang you you're scum.' However, I'm not finding much in the way of scumtells you're pointing out beyond the lurking and the claim. What's your case on Otto looking like?

Well, he's contributed absolutely zero to the game.  His first of two real posts was directed at a player that had been forum muted.  The second was hypocrisy (calling Darvi active lurking when he's doing it himself.)  Then the WIFOM starts.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88478.msg2467233#msg2467233
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88478.msg2467278#msg2467278
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88478.msg2476762#msg2476762

Various posts wondering about the votes on him, with a tone of "They should be voting me."

What I called BS is an appeal for people to not vote him- a tone change from before, and what I call a change in plan of his RiA.

In conclusion, I have no idea what the hell he is doing.  I have extreme doubts that he is town, but I don't know what he's up to.  He's an oddball, but I'd rather deal with him later.

Another show of Ottofar being hit a bit too hard by Toaster.  This potentially feels like Think giving Toaster an ability to play off of his questions, though that's a bit tenuous so I'll leave it alone for now.  If the game doesn't end with Pandar, it may be relevant later.

I, for one, totally believe Ottofar about Toaster.

Just kidding, that's retarded. Unvote, vote Dariush.

This looks like a way to cover an indictment of Ottofar with a joke and active-lurk at the same time.

Who got last night's inspect?

This does not sound like a question good town would ask, for reasons of revealing inspectors to be NK'd.  Pandar quickly reneges on it, though from context I believed that to be due to the lack of night, rather than the fundamental invalidity of his question.

To avoid a tie, unvote, vote IronyOwl. I still believe your comment about Ottofar was scummy. There's also the  fact you voted Bd for bandwagoning and promptly didn't follow up on your vote at all when he actually responded. This was prior to his death, you had no excuse for ignoring him after voting him.

These are very light reasons to break the tie in that particular direction, away from Toaster.  Combined with that one attack on Ottofar (and chainsaw of Toaster) that Irony brought up, I don't like it.

The summary:

Given the roleblock and some other little details, I feel good about lynching Pandar.  I also find Irony's case on Think interesting, and Native+Darvi are on about equal levels of suspicion (fairly low, but enough to be paranoid about).

Very tired.  Sorry for crappiness.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 15, 2011, 11:25:17 am »

I'm not switching my vote, since Pandar's at L-1 and there's the off-chance Pandar comes in and says something before he gets lynched, but I won't object to lynching Pandar.

Vector, on one hand I'd like to know exactly what theories you have about why you turned up positive on Native's 'inspection', but on the other, anything conclusive would need Native to come in and clarify what he knows about his ability, so not much progress can be made there.

Regarding my lack of vote, at the time, my entire case on Bd was that he didn't responding to me. Since IronyOwl had voted him in the post before, I decided that I didn't need to put another vote on him to pressure him to post. The other person I was considering voting, Ottofar, would've ended up at L-1, and I didn't want to put him there before I actually talked to him, especially that soon in the day. Thus, I ended up not voting for anyone.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 15, 2011, 08:56:12 pm »

Vote Count
Darvi -
Think0028 -
Solifuge -
Pandarsenic - Solifuge, Vector, IronyOwl, Ottofar,
Ottofar -
IronyOwl -
NativeForeigner -

Not Voting - Darvi, Pandarsenic,

Sorry, I'll end the Day tomorrow.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 16, 2011, 09:52:58 pm »

Can't be bothered with flavor at the moment. Much too busy, you see.

Vote Count
Darvi -
Think0028 -
Solifuge -
Pandarsenic - Solifuge, Vector, IronyOwl, Ottofar,
Ottofar -
IronyOwl -
NativeForeigner -

Not Voting - Darvi, Pandarsenic,

Pandarsenic has been lynched!

Pandarsenic was My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (mafia).

It is now Night.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic - Pandarsenic
You are My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic, and you're here to prove that friendship is the strongest magic of all. By having you and your friends LOVE everypony!

(Auto) Pony: You show up Town to in-equestrigations.
(Night) Love [target]: If you are the only player remaining on your team, you may recruit the target to join your team.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28